Moderator:
Nexus
Back-up:
Faraday
Reviewers:
Faraday and Equinox

Players Alive (Bolded = Confirmed):

bobsnox
- Opal Koboi - Mafia Roleblocker, Survived and won.

*=prod

Players Dead:

SleepyKrew
- General Scalene - Mafia Goon, lynched Day 1

AlmasterGM
- Foaly the Centaur - Inventor, killed Night 1
vollkan
- Captain Holly Short - Odd Night Doctor, killed Night 1
DeathNote
- Chix Verbil - Macho Cop, lynched Day 2
Acosmist
- Corporal Lili Frond - Vanilla Townie, killed Night 2
Kwanton
- Wing Commander Vinyaya - Vanilla Townie, lynched Day 3
Lady Lambdadelta
- Mulch Diggums - Vanilla Townie, killed Night 3
kiwieagle
- Captain Trouble Kelp - Vanilla Townie, killed Night 3

Voidedmafia
- Briar Cudgeon - Mafia Godfather, lynched Day 4

Ellibereth
- Angeline Fowl - Vanilla Townie, killed Night 4

Katsuki
- Mikhail Vassikin - Investigation Immune Serial Killer, killed Night 4

Leiskyrie
- Artemis Fowl Jnr - Vanilla Townie, Endgamed

Waiting in the wings: (Replacements):

VoidedMafia
ConSpiracy
Last edited by Nexus on Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:47 am, edited 33 times in total.
Trans rights are human rights.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:39 am

Post by Nexus »

Game Rules:

Rule 0: Don't be a dick.
- If you are being a dick, you run the risk of force-replacement or modkill. You may or may not be warned.

General:

- Please adhere to the site rules.
- Do not discuss this game of mafia outside of this thread unless your role PM allows you to do so.
- Day phases will last 2 weeks maximum.
- Night Phases will last 48 hours maximum.
- During night phase, no talking may be done in the thread at all.
- Do not quote PM's from the mod at all (real or fabricated). Paraphrasing is acceptable.
- If you have any questions about your role, or the game, feel free to PM the mod.

Voting/PlayerActions:

- All votes must be in bold format: vote: Nexus for example.
- Try to unvote before voting. Unvotes must also be in bold.
- Any and all votes will be counted, if you wish to waste a day phase voting for someone not in the game,that's fine by me.
- You may vote No Lynch.
- Voting tricks are not acceptable. If you misspell someone's name intentionally, but I get the gist of it, the vote will count.
- A lynch will occur once a majority decision is reached. If no majority is reached by deadline, then no lynch shall occur.
- Following a lynch, it is twilight. You may continue to post until I lock the thread and declare it night.
- If you are killed, one Bah! type post is permitted. No game related information must be relayed during them, however.
- If you have a Night Action, you may not submit an action during Night 0 (aka confirmation stage). Each subsequent night, you may submit an action to me via PM.

Activity:

- You are expected to post at least once every 48 hours. If you haven't posted for 48 hours, I shall prod you. If you do not respond to the prod within 48 hours (either in thread if it's Day, or via PM during the Night) then I will replace you.
- Similarly, if you require more than three prods, I will force-replace you.

Mechanics:

- Blue is my colour. Please don't use it.

- Confirm in thread once you are ready to play. Once there are 10 confirms, the game begins.
- Do not edit your posts at all.
- No impossible/hard to read text, or cryptography.
- The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
- Do not use spoiler tags. You have no need to do so. Doing so will invite a warning.
- If you need to get the mod's attention, either PM me, or bold the text you wish to draw to my attention.
- I reserve the right to alter/remove/add any rules as I see fit. You will, of course, be notified if that happens, however.

Example Role PM (at least one person will get one similar to this)

Faraday you are Artemis Fowl Senior, Vanilla Townie. You're the father of the boy genius Artemis Fowl Junior, and as such his safety is paramount to you.

Ability:

None.

During the day you must try and find your enemies, and you have a vote which you use to help to choose who is killed that day.

You win when all threats to the town have been neutralised and at least one pro-town player is still alive.

The game thread is here: Please confirm via return PM once you have read your role PM and are ready to play. The game will begin when 10 people have confirmed.
Last edited by Nexus on Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:40 am

Post by Nexus »

Roles are being randomized and are being sent out.

Edit: Roles have been sent out. Game will begin when I get 10/13 confirmations.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:11 pm

Post by Nexus »

Artemis Fowl Junior had brought fairies and humans into contact with one another, and he had no idea the problems that he had started. A wise man once said "Every action has an equal and opposite reaction," and this was something that Artemis Fowl Junior, and all those close to him were about to find out...

Fowl Manor,
Ireland

Artemis Fowl Senior was in his son's study. Now, usually the father would leave his son alone to his business, but young Artemis had been acting very strangely ever since his father had returned from his misadventure in the Arctic. This difference in personality culminated this afternoon, where Artemis Fowl Junior commanded his father to leave him alone, whilst he conducted a top-secret business meeting behind closed doors in the conference room. Everyone but Artemis Fowl Senior was in there, so the man was allowed freedom to roam his manor. On a whim, he had decided to look in Artemis' study, to see if he could glean any information.

Crossing over to the computer, Artemis Fowl Senior found it to be password protected. Smiling to himself, he shrugged, and typed "Aurum Est Potestas" into the password box, clicking enter. Allowing himself a fleeting moment of triumph, the password encryption yielded, and soon the man was exploring his son's files. The first few were uninteresting spreadsheets, mainly showing the growth of the Fowl fortune. Artemis Fowl Senior was suitably impressed. His son had been busy.

One particular file caught the man's eye. He crossed over his mouse and clicked on it. "The Fairy People..." he murmured, as his eyes scanned the page. "Gold...pixies...goblins...Atlantis...underworld...centaur..." the man couldn't believe what he was reading. It appeared he had stumbled across Artemis Junior's private journal, and was now privy to his son's deepest thoughts. He couldn't believe what he was reading.

However, his progress through the diary was halted by an unexpected power cut. The man wasn't unduly worried, however, as the manor had its own backup generators, that would kick in any time soon...

...And yet, they didn't. The door opened behind Artemis Senior, ever so slightly. There was a noise, and then silence again.

Seconds later, an explosion ripped through the study. Artemis Fowl Senior stood no chance.

The lights came back on moments later. Artemis Fowl Senior had been killed, in Fowl Manor. The culprits need bringing to justice.

Day 1 Begins. With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch. Day 1 ends on the 20th June 2011 at 8am (GMT).

Those who haven't /confirmed via return PM have 48 hours to do so otherwise they will be replaced.[/color]
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:23 pm

Post by vollkan »

Vote: Katsuki
because I find your obsession with cupcakes extremely odd.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:48 pm

Post by Acosmist »

VOTE: Ellibereth for the bus

let's get me some town cred, folks
Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:27 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Greetings to everyone I have played with before. To those with whom I have never had the pleasure, I look forward to getting to know you better.

With that, let's skip the RVS this game and getting straight down to detective work.

At approximately 6pm, eight out of thirteen players had confirmed. Of the five players who had not confirmed, four of them had posted on site since role PMs were dispatched. However, there is one person who was posting on site, but had not confirmed his role PM: MehPlusRawr. Over ten hour after that, he had posted yet again, but had still failed to confirm his PM. To me, this is a mystery. After all, when you're on site and you see that juicy, delicious "A new private message is waiting for you in your Inbox" box pop up on screen, who can resist clicking on it and reading the PM? And after you've read the PM, it only takes a second or two to confirm. So why wouldn't MehPlusRawr? My hypothesis is that scum have pregame talk and MPR decided to go check out the quicktopic and chat with his scumbuddies before confirming. That, or he had an overly complicated role and did not understand it, which is also more likely to be scum because they have a higher concentration of normal and factional abilities. Thus...

Vote: MehPlusRawr

Spoiler: Metagame haters, click here:
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:50 pm

Post by vollkan »

AlmasterGM wrote:Greetings to everyone I have played with before. To those with whom I have never had the pleasure, I look forward to getting to know you better.

With that, let's skip the RVS this game and getting straight down to detective work.

At approximately 6pm, eight out of thirteen players had confirmed. Of the five players who had not confirmed, four of them had posted on site since role PMs were dispatched. However, there is one person who was posting on site, but had not confirmed his role PM: MehPlusRawr. Over ten hour after that, he had posted yet again, but had still failed to confirm his PM. To me, this is a mystery. After all, when you're on site and you see that juicy, delicious "A new private message is waiting for you in your Inbox" box pop up on screen, who can resist clicking on it and reading the PM? And after you've read the PM, it only takes a second or two to confirm. So why wouldn't MehPlusRawr? My hypothesis is that scum have pregame talk and MPR decided to go check out the quicktopic and chat with his scumbuddies before confirming. That, or he had an overly complicated role and did not understand it, which is also more likely to be scum because they have a higher concentration of normal and factional abilities. Thus...

I applaud any reasonable means of bypassing RVS and, since this is at least a line of argument which is worth pursuing, I'm happy to run it up the flagpole.

Unvote, Vote: MehPlusRawr
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:51 pm

Post by vollkan »

EBWOP:
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:24 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Vote: Volkan
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:00 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Vote: Mehplus
FLASH OF GREEN
Leiskyrie
Leiskyrie
Goon
Leiskyrie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:39 am

Post by Leiskyrie »

Vote: Volkan
for being a muffin.
~Not quite so fluffy~
Cupcake Mafia II coming soon! Are you cupcakes ready...?
-> postponed indefinitely, but is still in the works
Leiskyrie
Leiskyrie
Goon
Leiskyrie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:46 am

Post by Leiskyrie »

*that was meant to say Vollkan
~Not quite so fluffy~
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:51 am

Post by vollkan »

Leiskyrie wrote:*that was meant to say Vollkan

That's okay - we can't expect proper spelling from somebody silly enough to be part of the Cupcake Cult
bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:33 am

Post by bobsnox »

VOTE: Lady Lambdadelta

:grudge:
kiwieagle
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:10 am

Post by kiwieagle »

VOTE: Sleepykrew

Hasn't confirmed .
Not never dead.
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:36 am

Post by MehPlusRawr »

/confirm
AlmasterGM wrote:Greetings to everyone I have played with before. To those with whom I have never had the pleasure, I look forward to getting to know you better.

Actually, y'know, I just glanced at the pm, saw my role, and exited it. I then promptly forgot about the game until I just got a reminder that it started.
I think I'm back. Mafiascum just became 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat.
Leiskyrie
Leiskyrie
Goon
Leiskyrie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:37 am

Post by Leiskyrie »

vollkan wrote:

Silly muffin.

Anyways, nobody really cares about the names of muffins anyway.
~Not quite so fluffy~
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:24 am

Post by Nexus »

MehPlusRawr, you clearly didn't read your role PM closely enough. It says confirm via PM :P

SleepyKrew hasn't confirmed yet.

Votecount 1.0:

MehPlusRawr (3): AlamasterGM, vollkan, Ellibereth
vollkan (2): Lady Lambdadelta, Leiskyrie
Ellibereth (1): Acosmist
Lady Lambdadelta (1): bobsnox
SleepyKew (1): kiwieagle

Not voting: DeathNote, Katsuki, Kwanton, MehPlusRawr, SleepyKrew

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch. Deadline is 8am (GMT) on the 20th June 2011.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:29 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

MPR wrote:Actually, y'know, I just glanced at the pm, saw my role, and exited it. I then promptly forgot about the game until I just got a reminder that it started.

...and you've been playing mafia for how long? Since when do you NOT have to confirm your role PM, and since when do you not do it right away?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:30 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

And no random vote either? Just defense?
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:00 am

Post by MehPlusRawr »

AlmasterGM wrote:
MPR wrote:Actually, y'know, I just glanced at the pm, saw my role, and exited it. I then promptly forgot about the game until I just got a reminder that it started.

...and you've been playing mafia for how long? Since when do you NOT have to confirm your role PM, and since when do you not do it right away?

Welp, I had a roughly 6-month hiatus from mafia, and the two games that have started since I came back both had in-thread confirms. I don't have a "reply with a /confirm" reflex.

There's no random vote because it's really not RVS any more.
I think I'm back. Mafiascum just became 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:37 am

Post by DeathNote »

@Meh- Yes it is. Almaster and anybody silly enough to follow him are voting for non-RVS reasons. Everyone else is still in RVS.

Vote: Bobsnox
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
kiwieagle
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:49 am

Post by kiwieagle »

And no random vote either? Just defense?

So you tell people not to RVS but then you tell him he did a bad thing by not doing a random vote?
Not never dead.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:20 am

Post by Ellibereth »

unvote, Vote Death note
FLASH OF GREEN

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”