geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:36 pm

Post by geraintm »

/confirm and 6
don't think i've played a game here with anyone but Coug, and that has only just started, so hello to the rest of you
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #45 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:21 pm

Post by geraintm »

vote wumbo, as he was number 6

and do people not like my avatar? in my other game peopel complained i didn't have anything so voted me cause of that, so that day on Boing-boing they had a pic of a guy sticking most pins on his head. very colourful it was too. and that is the story of my avatar...are all the boys and girls happy?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #47 (isolation #2) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:15 pm

Post by geraintm »

sorry if i didn't post sooner, i never post at the weekends due to no access
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (isolation #3) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:36 am

Post by geraintm »

StrangerCoug wrote:It was in the random voting stage, and just because someone was X in Game A does not mean he or she is also X in Game B.

Tom's fine for right now.
no, a player avoiding a game whilst posting elsewhere is nto ag odo sign. means they could be avoiding this one for a reason
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #68 (isolation #4) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:50 pm

Post by geraintm »

StrangerCoug wrote:
geraintm wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:It was in the random voting stage, and just because someone was X in Game A does not mean he or she is also X in Game B.

Tom's fine for right now.
no, a player avoiding a game whilst posting elsewhere is nto ag odo sign. means they could be avoiding this one for a reason
I was referring to the joke vote and have yet to bring up anything about lurking.

IGMEOY: geraintm
for taking my post out of context.
no, you didn't mention the word lurking, but saying one player in in game a and not in game b sounds like lurking to me. sorry if i got mixed up though
am interested in wumbo thouhg, who admits to lurking
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (isolation #5) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:56 am

Post by geraintm »

sorry, i misread your post i think, i read it as Player X is posting in game A, and Player X is not posting game B
that is why i thought you were on about lurking and everything
sorry, been confusing myself
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #77 (isolation #6) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:32 pm

Post by geraintm »

Kenfucius wrote:
maxwellhouse wrote: but lurking isn't always necessarily a mafia thing to do. sometimes you just don't know what to say.
True.

But then, it's rarely a pro-town thing to do either.
agree with ken
lurking not good for town. though my thought is that lurkers often get too much of a free ride in newbie games and the more vocal get the most pressure put on them.
at worst, if you have nothing to say, should be able to find something others are talking baout to give your opinion
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #80 (isolation #7) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:07 am

Post by geraintm »

StrangerCoug wrote:
I largely agree with this. Being vocal is much better than lurking if you ask me. If you must resort to it, ask questions about what people think.
no, that is where i strongly disagree with you. bad habit
asking others questions to me means you look like you are particpating, but in actually fact all you re doing is boosting post count and getting others to voice their opinions. you dont add anything yourself. naughty.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #83 (isolation #8) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:11 pm

Post by geraintm »

nhat wrote:
maxwellhouse wrote:
but lurking isn't always necessarily a mafia thing to do. sometimes you just don't know what to say.
Who are you trying to protect?

FoS - maxwellhouse
quiet clearly you, as you are the largest lurker in the game
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (isolation #9) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:56 pm

Post by geraintm »

just caught up after a weekend.
firstly
unvote

my vote was a random vote, and it shouldnt be there as part of a lynch

rather pleased to see wumbo actually, you know, like , posting now. glad this game has caught his attention. shame it took a near lynch to do so
will post more later
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (isolation #10) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:15 am

Post by geraintm »

i think at the moment, it is interesting who is on the wumbo wagon. might have to revote just so i can say wumbo wagon again
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #123 (isolation #11) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:17 am

Post by geraintm »

oh, request vote ocunt and stuff
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #138 (isolation #12) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:25 pm

Post by geraintm »

Dark wingstalker wrote:
Then i unvoted when i realised that a member of the mafia could hammer his bandwagon easily, Which they didnt do. So if/when you lynch me and i turn up clean, you should look at the people already on Wumbo's bandwagon.
hammering and mafia just dones't work anymore. just too obvious

two thoughts

nhat - you seem way too eager to jump around. your posts have been an FOS on maxwell, an explnation of inactivity, vote wumbo, and day later a vote on dark.

chensi - you better start posting soon
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #140 (isolation #13) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:29 am

Post by geraintm »

nhat wrote:
Wumbo wrote:Indeed I do.

unvote: Tom
btw. Lulz phase over, serious business now.
You said this and did nothing in terms of serious business. I'm okay hopping on this wagon.

unvote

vote - wumbo
nhat wrote:
unvote

vote - dark wingstalker
We wanted pressure, you wanted to make an easy lynch.
yeah, you had great reasons...well, i dont think they were that great, more oppotunistic
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #144 (isolation #14) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:06 pm

Post by geraintm »

nhat wrote:^^^^^^Except you just cut out like 7/8ths of my explanation for dark wingstalker's vote. What's up with that?
nhat wrote:
unvote

vote - dark wingstalker

Certainly Wumbo's inaction after his serious business comment rubbed me the wrong way, and the bandwagon developed from there, but wingstalker, was it really called for to put him at L-1? I played in a game where a townie hammered himself just because, and that was wack. Why risk it? And the "I'm gonna give you 12 hours to respond" ultimatum is lousy for an L-1 vote. In my experience, people who do this can just say that the response was insufficient, knowing good and well that they've decided beforehand to vote for the person. We wanted pressure, you wanted to make an easy lynch.
ok, thats the whole quote. the bit about what happened in another game i didnt think was important to include. i only included the last line because i thought it was cheap of you to say that about dark when i felt you were looking for one yourself

i included all of the post where you voted for wumbo, was that alright? the main part of my argument against you was that you fosed, voted, voted so quickly. i didn't include any quotes when i said that first.
"calling it as you see it" isnt a god enough excise for me i am afraid
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #168 (isolation #15) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:29 pm

Post by geraintm »

i didnt post yesterday as there was nothing ot say, i come in this mornign to find a page worth of posts, and it is mostly junk cause Dark keeps getting confused. appreciate he is trying though, i get the impression of enthusastic newbie from him.
godot is playing to much under the radar, some others are too.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (isolation #16) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:02 am

Post by geraintm »

Dark wingstalker wrote:
I didnt want to make an easy lynch. As geraintm said earlier in the thread, Mafia never hammer.

if that is how you interpreted it, then that is not what i meant. i meant to say that looking at who hammered to use that to catch scum is not a good way anymore to catch mafia. it is too well known for it to be any use
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (isolation #17) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:13 pm

Post by geraintm »

imaginality - i really don'tlike people putting u lists of questions for others to answer. i think t makes a player look like they are participating in a game when all they are doing is trying to force others to talk and incrimate themselves. you should at least answer the questions yourself
Dark wingstalker wrote:to further on my "mafia never hammer" comments:

How so? I said "mafia never hammer" in much the same way Geraint did. Mafia dont, Because its far too obvious a move. That doesnt mean it never happens, but on Day 1 the mafia would be stupid for pushing the hammer themselves, when they could just target a scapegoat.
you still don't get me. i never said mafia don't hammer. what i said was that using the hammer as a way of going after mafia does not work. this makes no assumption on whether the hammerer is scumornot.
Dark wingstalker wrote:
I didnt want to make an easy lynch. As geraintm said earlier in the thread, Mafia never hammer.

i really did not say that
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #215 (isolation #18) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:56 pm

Post by geraintm »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Pressure voting a lurker is fine. Lynching a lurker is not.

Unvote: nhat
Vote: Litral
nope, fine to lynch a lurker
StrangerCoug wrote:
Litral wrote:You hope to give pressure without the threat of lynching?
There's a difference, Litral. If we went after every single lurker and lynched them, scum would win.
makes the assumption that scum never lurk. false
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #231 (isolation #19) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:23 am

Post by geraintm »

ok, hi cass
i doubt you'll have finsihed reading before i go tonight, so see you back on monday likely
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #265 (isolation #20) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:02 pm

Post by geraintm »

ok, been away over the weekend and lots has happened. so we have a claimed cop and in another game i am in, cougar has claimed doc so that makes this game really confusing for me :-)
will write more later
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #267 (isolation #21) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:53 pm

Post by geraintm »

Cass wrote:
Geraintm: Seems to be lurking in plain sight, I don't get much of a read on him. Lot's of posts with mainly very little content. He said one thing that rings alarm bells:
geraintm wrote:imaginality - i really don'tlike people putting u lists of questions for others to answer. i think t makes a player look like they are participating in a game when all they are doing is trying to force others to talk and incrimate themselves. you should at least answer the questions yourself
Forcing people to talk is good. Why would a townie be afraid of incriminating himself? This could also be a defense of Chenhsi. (Who doesn't deserve one.) Quite scummy.
sorry, did i not make myself clear
what i dont like is players making posts where they go "Hey cass, who do you think is scummy then at the moment? Who would you vote for?"
and they don't actually write anything of substance themselves. it is ok if the person is contributing but if they are just filling their posts with getting others to talk whilst not saying anything themselves, then that is bad.
and i know townies shouldnt have anything to fear, but i think you'll find scum are quiet good at twisting innocuous things into something.
Wumbo wrote:
I don't believe that lurking is necessarily a bad thing, especially on a day 1 situation. I mean, I lurked for a little while, and look where that got me. So for now I'll stay off Chenhsi's back unless something happens.
disagree, lurking is bad.a lways has been, always will be. there is a difference between lurking and staying under teh radar perhaps, but lurking is bad.
Cass wrote:No, Chen, I don't want you to claim. Knowing you have a PR would make this only ten times as frustrating. How about you ask for replacement instead? Someone who'll actually do some work for whichever team (s)he's on. Jeeze.

On the other hand: if you're going to claim, claim doc. Then the scum can kill you if we don't.
don't ike thispost
firstly, you can't just ask people to drop a game cause you dont like playing with them

and the whole claim doc thing, just urgh. telling people what to claim? it only likemakes sense if you are the doc and wanted to counter claim immediatly!

chensi, your play hasb't been good. having such an important role, you shouldn't be getting yourself into posistion where you have to claim. just bad play to get yourself under so much pressure. you'll llikely cripple the game
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (isolation #22) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:55 pm

Post by geraintm »

sorry cass, what were yuo replying to?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (isolation #23) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:54 am

Post by geraintm »

it wasn't that it was confusing, i just couldn't see teh strategy behind it, i couldnt understand your thinking. just seemed bad play at best, more likely anti-town .
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #301 (isolation #24) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:28 pm

Post by geraintm »

imaginality wrote:
I actually find geraintm's post 267 more suspicious - where he says:
telling people what to claim? it only likemakes sense if you are the doc and wanted to counter claim immediatly!

That smells like fishing to me - could easily be something scum would say in order to get a better sense of whether Cass is doc from his reaction to this comment. I think I will have a re-read geraintm's posts. My vote, though, stays on Litral.
i was not fishing. i was trying to work out cass' motives and this was what popped into my head. saying "it only" was too strong, but i felt cass' post was poor, either just a horrible post where they are trying to be helpful and give chen some strategy tips, or there was some ulterior motive. was it so wrong to say that i found cass' actions suspicous??
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #303 (isolation #25) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:36 pm

Post by geraintm »

Cass wrote:@geraintm: yes, the ulterior motive was that I really wanted Chenhsi to be gone from the game. I didn't think saying something stupid myself would make his stupid claim any worse. Feel free to disagree, it's not some kind of brilliant tactic that I'm very proud of. Can we stop talking about it now?
sorry, someone brought up my response to you as scummy so i had to talk about it some more
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #313 (isolation #26) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:51 pm

Post by geraintm »

imaginality wrote:Nice pic nhat. :D

Okay, happy to switch my vote to Dark wingstalker. If he flips scum Litral still looks very good to me for a day 2 lynch.

Unvote

Vote Dark wingstalker
dislike people planning day 2 lycnhes when no info froma night has come in.
dislike people being "persuaded" to switch their vote like that
right now, just not happy with nhat, think he has given me the impression of being the most opptunistic player
but imaginality is certainly close after that post
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #315 (isolation #27) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:06 am

Post by geraintm »

your post on the 4th fosing masxwell was one line
the vote on the 6th for wumbo was one line
your vote on teh 7th for dark was a bit more with one paragraph but it was coming so soon after another vote was why i thought this was oppotunistic
your post on the 15h just said "i thinky ou are scum, what else do i need to say"
then on the 17th you say you are going to vote for chensi. you havent said why you think dark isn't scum, so to me this look slike you are trying to get your vote somewhere else
you vote for chensi the on the 20th without explaining really why you now dont think dark is scum as you were so sure of before, except on the 21st you say dark isn't off the hook but you now seem to have cougar as equally scummy as dark who you were sure is scum
23rd, back to dark again

so, all that gives me the impression you are oppotunistic. very free with your votes, i am not always convinced that your explanations for voting are good, and when added all together to me at least give you a pretty poor looking voting record
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #316 (isolation #28) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:14 am

Post by geraintm »

notice, after today will be away till monday
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (isolation #29) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:27 pm

Post by geraintm »

i was away over the weekend, i feel like i missed out on the lynching

dark's post before the investigation report had me feeling odd about it, too something. you know you can't put your finger on it but it gives out vibes.
so maxwell's result isn't too much of a surprise.
but agree with the general tone of others going "2 cops? what on earth have the mafia got?"

godot, why you planning the pair of lynches like that? if dark comes up scum, surely that would give max a day off at least?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #389 (isolation #30) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:02 pm

Post by geraintm »

well, the way you went "either way, one will be lynched today and th eother tomorrow" looked like you had your next two days lynches osrted out
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #394 (isolation #31) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:36 pm

Post by geraintm »

i have to confess, this is the first game i can remember i'veplayed in where there appears to be two cops. making it very confusing for me.
right now, i am of the opinion that max believes his claim.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #400 (isolation #32) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:28 pm

Post by geraintm »

i think dark has to die
vote dark

we do have to kill one of them to get some order into the game, and allowing max another night alive to get another investigation has to be good. i think we get mor einfo with dark dead than max dead.
whether max ends up being pro/anti town or sane/insane or whatever, getting the results of his second night should give us much more to go on
i make that the 4th vote. woul dlike mod to poll though, today is going fast
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #402 (isolation #33) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:15 am

Post by geraintm »

dark, we can get another days results from and lynch you at the same time. lynching you would help settle his sanity one way or the other too.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (isolation #34) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:31 pm

Post by geraintm »

if dark comes up innocent, then the choice then is do we lynch max who is either an unhelpful cop or scum, of course depending on if there is a night kill.
games with 2 cops suck by the way :-(
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #426 (isolation #35) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:09 pm

Post by geraintm »

how do you distinguish between an unhelpful cop and unhelpful scum?
realise i amguilty of planning lynches. naughty geraint
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #439 (isolation #36) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:20 pm

Post by geraintm »

Battousai wrote:
If we lynch DWS, there is a 66% of it being a mislynch (max could be sane cop, paranoid, or scum). I think we should at least pressure other players or this day will be wasted on whether or not max is a cop or not. Pressure has not been put on the people from D1, others thought were a little scummy. Remember your lists???
just a quick post, but had to post to strongly disagree with your sums
there is not a 66% chance of a mislynch.
that is only the case if you think the three options of cop, paranoid cop or scum are equally likely.
bad maths. bad bad maths
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #441 (isolation #37) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:02 pm

Post by geraintm »

Battousai wrote:If DWS gets guilty, then he's paranoid or scum.
do you mean maxwell?

Battousai wrote: If we lynch DWS, there is a 66% of it being a mislynch (max could be sane cop, paranoid, or scum). I think we should at least pressure other players or this day will be wasted on whether or not max is a cop or not. Pressure has not been put on the people from D1, others thought were a little scummy. Remember your lists???

Vote: Inspector Godot
. You seem to be banking on max being cop. Is it because your scum and know he's not or are you trying to protect your partner?
as i said before, i disagree with your thinking that there is a 66% chance of a mislynch by going after dark
you are making the assumption that max is equally likely to be sane cop, paranoid cop or scum.
i don't agree with that at all, and i think you have done some seriously misleading maths there

and i dont get you going after Godot?
you seem to be voting for him because either max is a cop and therefore godot is scum buddying up the the cop
or because max is scum and godot is buddying up to his partner
godot looks kinda scummy there whichever way max flips.

all in all, your bad maths and your non-dilemma with godot to me makes you look very very bad

Cass wrote:I still think lynching DWS is the best option. Many of us thought he was scummy day 1. A claimed cop reports a guilty on him. I don't see any better evidence on anyone else.
agree with this. a cop getting guilty verdic is a very strong message to go luynch someone

am agreeing with the idea that max shouldnt invetigate himself.
we want more info on more people, self investigation just allows for more info on one person, we can hopefully work out more about max from dark flipping, and getting a guilty/not-guilty on anotehr member of the town from the cop, whatver his eventual alignment, is better than max giving us a result on himself
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #462 (isolation #38) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:08 pm

Post by geraintm »

nhat, that seems a very powerful role. you get a confirmation a day late of who killed anyone.
so your role can wait and see if the player was town or not, and then go and invesigate them and see who targeted them. seems more powerful than cop to me!

cougar, that was an insanely quick vote, before anyone had chance to come in with their night results, unless you know something, either through a action or scumminess
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #464 (isolation #39) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:46 pm

Post by geraintm »

he has had time to go to other threads, post there and then come back and not comment on the various claims. i just wanted to note that i found his eagerness noteworthy.
agree though nhat/godot is more interesting

am inclined to believe nhat, the fact that godot didnt mention which players he targetted and whether they were home or not so no one as of yet can cross check his claim is suspiscous
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #480 (isolation #40) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:02 pm

Post by geraintm »

Inspector Godot wrote:So, you want my actions?

Night 1: Investigated imaginality.

Night 2: Investigated Wumbo. He hasn't posted much and I was interested to see if he was a scum trying to go under the radar or possibly a power role keeping quiet. Unfortunately I was told that he was at home, so I guess he's just a normal townie.

Anyway, with regards to nhat's role it seems really powerful, especially considering we've had two cops and all. I guess if I want to stay alive I have to
Vote nhat
i know this is probably bad thinking, but the fact that you happened to invesitgate imaginality night one was awfully lucky for you
need wumbo to post htough and confirm if they were in or out last night
that would be your death knell
oh, and even then you are still very lynchable and likely think wumb would get lynched if you do turn up as scum

Godot, i just dont beleive you
i will vote for you as soon as wumbo checks in
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #487 (isolation #41) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:37 pm

Post by geraintm »

yeah, ok, can't see me doing anythin besides voting for godot at anytime today, esp as wumbo has come in
so
vote inspector godot
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #535 (isolation #42) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:36 pm

Post by geraintm »

sorry, i was away from thursday till sunday and have only got back on now, just seen the thread is open. the thread was locked so i couldnt say i was away. will catch up later today
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #536 (isolation #43) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:33 am

Post by geraintm »

ok, have read the thread, my head hurts
i am vanilla townie, which i am very glad about. this game is way too messed up
too many cops.
i'll post my thoughts on the game later, but will quickly say i didnt like bat just going ahead and making the assumption i am vanilla
also dont like anyone who is making assumptions that there arent as many cops asappear to have been claimed, it seems to me that the game has been set up by the mod to be some sort of cop themed game.
with so many roles, i am making the assumption that there is a roleblocker on teh bad guys side

but i will comment more on the actualy claims in a secondary post, but had to get in my role as you all wanted it

sorry again for not being around sooner
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #543 (isolation #44) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:15 am

Post by geraintm »

Ok, as promised, my thoughts
StrangerCoug wrote:I said I wanted to hammer, but whatever.
why? why did you want to hammer so badly. if you wanted to vote, then you should have

bat's claim
well, nice he got an innocent on me
which post did i edit though bat??
what did you mean by "If I'm naive, then scum will not kill me because they are afraid of my results"? am confused

agree that you have either found 3 townies or are naive
Litral wrote:I want the last cop claim. I hope there is one.
sorry, am confused here
what do you mean, you want the last cop claim. you mean you want the last cop to claim? and why are you so sure there is a cop to claim?
StrangerCoug wrote:Since Battousai effectively counterclaimed me,
Vote: Battousai.
didnt counterclaim you, but your reaction to vote so quickly was interesting to put it mildly
Cass wrote:Did you just self-vote? Why?? Three cops... I guess that proves differing sanities.
i dont normally metagame, but this does seem like some sort of cop themed game the mod has set up, with it all to do with people wandering the streets at night. i must say, i am kinda surprised that there hasnt been a false positive result come up.
StrangerCoug wrote:All right, fine! I don't care if I'm royally screwed over; I want to do something to move the game along, damn it!

Unvote: StrangerCoug
Vote: Wumbo

Stop sitting there.
huh, did you vote for wumbo because bat is claiming either you or wumbo is scum?
StrangerCoug wrote:
Unvote: Wumbo
for the moment. Now engage in discussion.

I find even three cops hard to believe, Cass. If there are four cops, then there
MUST
be one sane, one insane, one paranoid and one naïve. If there are three cops, then I don't think we have both a sane and an insane cop.

I do believe the roleblocker should claim if he's town, as I believe. If there is a mass claim and the roleblocker doesn't claim such, then I'm pretty sure whoever the roleblocker is is scum.
why do you think there is a roleblocker wh is town? with so many investigation roles, seems only fair that the scum get a blocker to try and even things out.
StrangerCoug wrote:
Litral wrote:Four cops, a tracker, a forensic investigator and a town roleblocker against only at most four (and probably three) scum? I find that very difficult to believe.
I find it hard to believe too, but I said I
THINK
the roleblocker is town (he or she may be scum). I also think Battousai is lying.
whoa whoa whoa
bat is lying? why is he lying? why are you voting for him? i dont see why you are, you havent explained at all!

cass - i would have liked you to have left cougar try and explain it for himself rather than you helpfully give your reasoning
StrangerCoug wrote: If there are three cops, the two sanity distributions that I see most likely are sane/naïve/paranoid and insane/naïve/paranoid. Two cops, one sane and one insane, isn't exactly likely, but I do find it believable.

What's that one type of theme game where all the townie roles are cops with differing sanities?
S/N/P i can buy
I/N/P i find hard to believe, that basically cripples the town with 3 cops who are all getting wrong/unhelpful results doesnt it??

i keep getting the feeling that cougar knows more than he is letting on,
and cass' last post seems a good find to me
i am agreeing that wumbo looks like the person i wouldlike to get rid of most, unless there was a reason for thispost
Wumbo wrote:Anyway, yes I was at home last night. I'm nilla townie as I always claimed, though it's a shame they didn't fall for my power role bid.
because someone spotted him at home last night that i have missed. has anyone claimed to have seen wumbo at home at night?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #547 (isolation #45) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:33 am

Post by geraintm »

cass, after having read your post, what are your thoughts on cougar. right now, i am sitting here just going huh? he doesnt allow an easy read and it feels like he is a walking contradiction...
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #563 (isolation #46) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:14 pm

Post by geraintm »

Battousai wrote:
Geraintm

what did you mean by "If I'm naive, then scum will not kill me because they are afraid of my results"?
If I'm naive, the scum would not be afraid of my results, thus lynching me would be like lynching a vanilla townie to them. (This was before mass claim, thus power roles could have been hidden still)
ok, that makes sense, they wouldnt kill you because if you are getting innocent every time they dont fear you, that is what you mean isnt it?

geraintm wrote: which post did i edit though bat??
Battousai wrote: This goes back to D1, I believe I read it during my initial read through.
ok, got you know, i thought you meant i went in and rewrote one of my own posts
StrangerCoug wrote:
geraintm wrote:Ok, as promised, my thoughts
StrangerCoug wrote:I said I wanted to hammer, but whatever.
why? why did you want to hammer so badly. if you wanted to vote, then you should have
I was pretty sure that Inspector Godot was scum and not nhat, but I wasn't confident enough for a vote. Nobody likes lynching a claimed power role, but it's already had to be done twice. chenhsi was speedlynched because he failed to contribute much to discussion and maxwellhouse countered him. They both ended up being cops. As for nhat and Inspector Godot, they didn't claim the same role, but they still conflicted (nhat claimed Inspector Godot killed imaginality, while Inspector Godot claimed to have reported on that same person the night he died). Because Godot flipped scum, Wumbo is not cleared.
yeah, to me it just looked bad. as he came up scum, to me you demanding that you be allowed to hammer him looks to me the sort of thing a partner would do, knowing that his partner is going to get lynched and wanting to be in on the vote so later on they can say "but i voted for him, i cant be bad"
geraintm wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote: If there are three cops, the two sanity distributions that I see most likely are sane/naïve/paranoid and insane/naïve/paranoid. Two cops, one sane and one insane, isn't exactly likely, but I do find it believable.

What's that one type of theme game where all the townie roles are cops with differing sanities?
S/N/P i can buy
I/N/P i find hard to believe, that basically cripples the town with 3 cops who are all getting wrong/unhelpful results doesnt it??
I assumed the insane cop in an I/N/P distrubution would live long enough to find this out and report the opposite result from then on, but S/N/P does make better sense than I/N/P.[/quote][/quote]

but mod isn't giving us the cops sanity on death, just saying town cop, so trying to work backwards to get what their results actually are doesn't seem very easy at all.
StrangerCoug wrote:
If you can convince me of three cops, then I'll go ahead with Wumbo for his minimal contributions. He throws a vote on me without what I think is a good reason for it (then again, when I see votes I also need to see explanations or where I can get them to go with the votes). Litral's cleared, and I don't think geraintm has done anything majorly scummy.
ok, probably being thick, why is litral cleared. can you point out to me why he is.
Cass wrote: I don't believe Battousai 100%. I am pretty sure that Batt isn't a
sane
cop however. If there are three cops, I think none is sane. If there are two cops, Batt is by definition scum.
what dont you beleive about bat? do you beleive he has got the results he has said he has got? do you just beleive he is sane or something like that?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #566 (isolation #47) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:00 am

Post by geraintm »

Cass wrote:Why is Litral cleared?

We are assuming there is only one scum left. Last night, this scum killed someone, so they left their house. SC checked Litral last night, he didn't leave his house. Two options:
- SC is honest; Litral is now cleared.
- SC is lying scum; Litral (and everyone else) is now cleared.
ah, i knew there was something i had forgotten that someone would be kind enough to remind me.
Cass wrote:
geraintm wrote:what dont you beleive about bat? do you beleive he has got the results he has said he has got? do you just beleive he is sane or something like that?
I'm not sure I understand the question. I believe Batt say... 90%. His results sound credible, but he isn't
confirmed
by any means. So I'm keeping the option open that he is the last scum, but, like Stranger, I'm also willing to give him a chance to confirm himself tonight.
I believe he is either insane, or scum. Would be nice if I was wrong, but I don't see that happening. My opinion. Thus I dont see his results as relevant - except that I think we should kill someone that has not been investigated and have him check the other one (SC or Wumbo, I prefer Wumbo as lynch).
seems good thinking to me, about where i am with him. just i dont think he is scum, too much of a gamble for him to come out like that. i've not been in a game like this before with so many roles, but i have a suspicion that we might end up having to lynch a claimed role before the end of the game, just to make sure their night actions/results are correct
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #569 (isolation #48) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:02 am

Post by geraintm »

cougar, why you think there are 3 cops now? what made you change your mind?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #584 (isolation #49) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:34 pm

Post by geraintm »

Wumbo wrote:I went back and reread, and though I still find the tracker role hard to believe, I'm willing to overlook Stranger's suspicious behavior in favor of a Cass/geratihm lynch.

Cass' "let's end this today" seems kind of strange to me.

But the biggest problem I have right now, as I look back, is with geratihm's blue claim. There's a cop claim, a tracker claim, and two blue claims. With imaginality being a dead blue already I find it hard to believe that gera is a blue.

Can anyone tell me what Cass claimed? I seem to have missed that somewhere.
why do you not beleive that i am a blue as you put it? what has imaginality's death got to do with my being a blue?
you do realise i have voted for both dark and godot don't you? that is some pretty good distancing...
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #586 (isolation #50) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:46 pm

Post by geraintm »

wumbo, you are under pressure i think. at the moment, i cant think of a better person to vote for than yourself
unless you have some reason to back up "there are too many townies in this game" i will ikely vote for you
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #591 (isolation #51) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:57 pm

Post by geraintm »

Wumbo wrote:It actually makes sense. Mafia will have likely claimed blue as it is the easiest role to claim and the easiest way to fly under the radar. I find it logical that if everyone else's role claims are true, then the mafia has to be somewhere in the blue claims. Lynching me is probably better for town anyway. Too many people have suspicions on me.

In the meantime, however,
vote: Cass

My suspicions still stand. Though I think Cass and geratihm have pulled ahead of SC.
what have i done to gather so much suspiscion from you, besides be a townie? i am totally up for Cass' plan of people (including myself) being investigated at random, i know i am ok. you think i havent posted enough? well, i havent had any investigations to report so i cat really bulk out my posts with talk like that, but i have always been here and tryin to contribute as best i can.
Wumbo wrote:
If there is no town roleblocker claim, then that means the mafia has a roleblocker or SC is lying, which means he's scum and Litral is possibly scum.
you think there could be two scum left?

you seem to be resigned to getting lycned, is that right?
i wish some of the players with claimed roles would step in with their opinions, at this poitn it feel slike those without info are the ones trying to work out the lynch
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #600 (isolation #52) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:41 pm

Post by geraintm »

Wumbo wrote:

Geraintm is also pretty high up on the list because of a general lack of activity. The town seemed pretty satisfied with attacking me for not posting much... go back and take a look at what geraintm's posted. And now he comes in with a "i think i might vote for you because there's no one better?"

SC's posts continue to rub me the wrong way, but I've already stated my reasons for not believing him.

I would support Litral's idea for a no lynch, but I honestly think it's better to get me out of the way.
no one has commented on my lack of posting realyl before? i was away last week from wednesday to monday but apart from that i feel i have been here and contributing. cougar has just said i should speak up more, but what am i not talking about??
sorry if my last post was bad and said i cant think of anyone else to vote for, but that was actually following a few posts where i was questioning you and waiting for your answers

bat, i dont follow your post. the daily posting average thing, is that how many posts i have made a day??

are you later claiming in post 596 that you think one of the peopel you have already investigated is scum, or are you saying you think it is cougar?
Battousai wrote:There's a big difference. Scummy is a move that is beneficial for scum, whereas anti-town is a move that hurts the town. but at the same time does not benefit scum if a scum member does it.
you do realise that it is practicalyl impossible to tell teh difference until teh game has finished, right?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #601 (isolation #53) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:49 pm

Post by geraintm »

note: due to bank holiday,w ont be posting after today till tuesday
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #628 (isolation #54) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:27 pm

Post by geraintm »

am back, will post more later
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #629 (isolation #55) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:15 pm

Post by geraintm »

Battousai wrote:
Geraintm wrote: are you later claiming in post 596 that you think one of the peopel you have already investigated is scum, or are you saying you think it is cougar?
post 596 is me trying to tell SC that his points against Wumbo are anti-town, which they are. I feel that either Cougar is scum or someone I investigated is scum.
doesn't really leave many people you dont suspect :-)
Wumbo wrote:I would be far more happy with that as my suspicion with SC hasn't really diminished much.
was that in reply to cass suggesting we lynch cougar and not you??

Re Batt's post vs cougar - makes sense, will read on now to see if cougar responds

cougar replys next post. the two parts where he says "i dont know why i wasnt roleblocked" and the damn it at the end...if at the end of te game cougar turns out bad, then we will sit there and go "yeah, was so obvious"
Litral wrote:That's a remarkably weak devil's advocate :P

I'm going to suggest no lynch again. Suppose Coug is scum, he won't die, and he must tell us someone is town, which would confirm another one of us - preferably either Wumbo or Cass. That would make things much easier since we still have 2 lynches.
why dont you want me cleared?? is there anything majorly different between me and cass' posistion in this game that i dont know about?

ok, just read 612. does the game go in a different direction if someone else is killed during the night? or does the whole it is better to no lynch thing only work if Batt's assumption that he gets killed work?
sorry for being dumb
and has no lynch won?? are we missing a mod or something?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #632 (isolation #56) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:27 am

Post by geraintm »

does anyone know how to get a replacement mod??
how did they get one in the other game?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #634 (isolation #57) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:32 am

Post by geraintm »

ok, thanks for being so proactive then cass :-)
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #637 (isolation #58) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:26 am

Post by geraintm »

cool :-) nice to have you back then hyp
sorry things are stressing in real life
we think today has finished with a no lynch
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #642 (isolation #59) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:00 pm

Post by geraintm »

ok, am here
scum seem to have things going all their own way
they can roleblock cougar
and Batt is pretty much useless

to warn everyone though
i will be away for a week after this week
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #644 (isolation #60) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:42 am

Post by geraintm »

yeah, agree with your final line there
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #651 (isolation #61) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:15 pm

Post by geraintm »

StrangerCoug wrote:
geraintm:
Shoots down Dark wingstalker's "Mafia never hammer" comment, and if I remember correctly I helped do this too. Presents a good case on me, then develops my case even more. What stands out in the second such post is that he attacks me for reserving the hammer yet being hesitant to vote Inspector Godot, which he interprets as my temptation to bus him, but he has some other good points there too, notably his thoughts on the cop sanity distribution. The only thing I don't like is his questioning why Litral wasn't cleared at that point (I tracked him, he didn't send a night action N3, and he confirmed this; thus he was cleared unless there were two scum left, which is unlikely).
wanted to make sure that you realised i wasnt questioning why litral was cleared, i knew he had been but i couldnt remember why and wanted someone to point it out for me
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #653 (isolation #62) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:46 am

Post by geraintm »

i have my thoughts on what i would liek to do today, but def want to see cass' reaction first
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #657 (isolation #63) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:58 pm

Post by geraintm »

ok, cass has posted and i said i would make my thoughts
i am kind aof the opinion that today it would be a good idea to test one of the claimed power roles. both of them are such that they have been given easy rides so far and have not been adequatly checked (because we can't) but they are the type of claim that a scum could get away with and i dont think we can just let them both go right to the end of the game.
i am leaning more towards one than the other, but woul dlike to know what the others think about possibly lynching one of the two.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #661 (isolation #64) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:43 pm

Post by geraintm »

batt, if we find out there is a roleblocker, what good would that do as you would be the only person left to roleblock and you are as useless as well, something really useless.
we could lycnh you and that way confirm you and wumbo at the same time

wumbo, you really need to be involved more than this. perk up. i might just vote for you on principal

and i am away after tomorrow on hliday and wont be back for a week to warn everyone
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #663 (isolation #65) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:30 pm

Post by geraintm »

if we lynched batt and got thathe was sane, then wumbo would be guilty
but realised since i wrote my post that mod is not giving us sanities on cops so lynching batt doesnt do anything
which is why i was always leanigntowards cougar as being the best target
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #666 (isolation #66) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:36 pm

Post by geraintm »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Cass wrote:And why exactly are we sure that Wumbo is town and Batt is naive? Seems to me that Wumbo could still be scum.
That's a good question. I do have my suspicions about Wumbo. In fact, where is he?
this is a cheap point, you have had suspicions about everyone in the game, this post of yours just feels like you jumping on something someone else has said

Batt, going to have to try and reread your post and make sense of it
i don't normally like trying to metagame, usually doesnt work, might add somethign here though.
need wumbo here
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #692 (isolation #67) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:15 pm

Post by geraintm »

am back from holiday
will post more later today
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #693 (isolation #68) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:37 pm

Post by geraintm »

ok, am back, and have reread. sorry that i needed prodding, i thought i said i was away for a week?
i am going to say that i am going to go and vote for cougar once i have let everyone read my post and reply to it

i said before i went away that i felt cougar was the person i thought i wanted to get voted for
and i am afraid i havent really changed my mind despite his posts
the ones helpfully putting out a list of the claimed invetigation results, just not adding anything
post 690, i am afraid i just believe batt's claim more than yours, it feels like you have been scrambling the whole game if that makes sense, always responding to the changing game state...
i am sorry if that is not true and you really are telling the truth, but that is how it feels to me.
the only problem i have is that wumbo has basically been given another day to lurk and do nothing which goes against all my principles.
so, sorry to preplan my vote so much, but as i have been away thought i would give everyone a chance to notice my return
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #695 (isolation #69) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:04 pm

Post by geraintm »

vote strangercoug

i just feel that cougar hasn't explained himself as well as i woul dhave liked, it feels like he has been responding to what others have been saying to him for too long.
it might well be just playstyle and you and wumbo have gotten away with your's becuase cougar has just slightly given off vibes i have picked up on.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #701 (isolation #70) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:12 pm

Post by geraintm »

no lynch then
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #706 (isolation #71) » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:18 am

Post by geraintm »

Ok, seen the result now
Seen Batt's post

when did you say you thought wumbo wasnt scum?
and you do realise i am sitting there thinking the exact same thing about you two, why would either of you leave me alone and go the end game with me in it. What is it about you two which makes one of you think that i will be persuadable.
um, i have thought one of you was more likely to be scum than the other, but i havent got real strong feelings, it was more of a gut than anything
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #710 (isolation #72) » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:24 pm

Post by geraintm »

Wumbo wrote: I don't recall him bringing any light to the SC situation other than himself and Cass (who is town) wanting to kill me instead of SC. Batt consistently fought SC.

just a quick post before i write more later.
would my week long abesnce about two weeks ago explain at all why you think i wasnt doing anything with Cass?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #711 (isolation #73) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:10 am

Post by geraintm »

Batt, what made you say wumbo was innocent? You havent given any reason as far as i can see.
My whole read of him this whoel game has been so hard cause he has given me hardly anything to do on. Are you going to vote me cause i've posted more :-(

hate to do one of those "but i can't be me cause i..."
but i think i've voted for every scum member, i might even have been the hammer in a
bunch of cases too.

i still don't know which one of you is scum. not making this any easier :-(
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #712 (isolation #74) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:20 am

Post by geraintm »

I meant to point out teh voting thing to try and get you batt to tell me why you thinki am scum, i'd have been bussing them all so hard if that was the case.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #714 (isolation #75) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:23 am

Post by geraintm »

oh, ok
at least i know now why you think that
i am going to be away the weekend now
so won't be able to post any more today
would have posted more today, but work was busy
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #717 (isolation #76) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:18 am

Post by geraintm »

really?
so you boththink i am scum?
batt, i know you have said you thought wumbo wasnt scum day one, but have you ever thought i was???
Can anyone actualyl find anything i;ve done that was scummy? i will stand by my voting record as probably the best of anyone in the game. why on earth would i have voted for cougar a few nights ago, i was pretty hardcore on him through out the day.
i am saying this because i am hoping wumbo is going to unvote in cae batt is the last member, or in case wumbo is the last scum then to not have batt hammer.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #719 (isolation #77) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:16 pm

Post by geraintm »

and that was it batt?
that is all you have on me? a day one post where i snipped a bit froma quoted post.
will you go through and find all thethings where i haven't been scummy?
and please don't vote for me before i have a chance to reply

You refusal though to vote fo rme means
vote wumbo [\b] because it has to be him.
i'll try and go through and see what he has actually posted.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #720 (isolation #78) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:04 am

Post by geraintm »

Wumbo wrote:
I do find it REALLY annoying that imaginality keeps harping me on posting.

I'm not dissappearing or anything. But I have a life outside of MS. :/
wumbo, i asn't the onyl one who thought you were lurking, yet it is what you have battered me over the head with teh last few game days

post july 15th, unvoting dark, and then on teh 18th explaining it for his singing voice. for someone who has voted so few times in this game, seems sucha poor reason to unvote the godfather.

post on the 19t aug, again unvoting cougar, who later turns up as scum.

did you actually vote to lynch anyone wumbo???
batt, please go through my votes and see who i voted for. i am pretty sure i lynched and hammered all 3 scum. i am sick that i let wumbo get away with his no show the first few days, shoul dhve pressured him way more to contribute then to have given us something to go on.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #722 (isolation #79) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:02 am

Post by geraintm »

hammering day one i think is a null tell. there is too much noise then to get anything from it. go check other games i have played, i am very consistent in that.

but ot have voted 3 scum and to have killed off 2 scum, and one of them being cougar when i think he if he hadnt have died, then that means that i killed off my partner when if he has survived i think it was game over. there has to be something in that. surely?
and espcially when you compare it to wumbo whose i think voted and unvoted two different mafia members.
you say you hate being the deciding vote in situations like this. i hate being so frustrated that the game could end up as a waste of time after this long.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #726 (isolation #80) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:17 pm

Post by geraintm »

Wumbo wrote:
Gerain on the other hand, uses the same tired logic from the beginning of the game.
I came into forum mafia not knowing a lot of how it went down, and as you can see, my playstyle has drastically, dare i say, improved, since the start of the game. I don't "lurk" per se anymore, yet gerain continues to bring up the point which I think by now is moot. His posts have little if any relevance to the issue at hand and are at most vague blanket statements.
that isn't fair wumbo. i went through yours and mine posts and votes. even if i wasn't sure you were scum, your voting record to me just needs you to explain and you haven't.
i only brought up the lurking thing again - which you admit - because someone else pointed it out aswell.
i mention the lurking thing because i hate how i gave you such a free reign in the start of the game to lie low.

Maybe he's just a blue that comes off as particularly scummy, as Cass did. But I'm gonna stick with my gut and my reasoning... it's been pretty solid so far. The vote'll stay.
you do realise that if you were town, then i have to be scum, just from the fact that i haven't been hammered. i can't work out why you are still acting like you aren't 100% sure i am scum. there is no way in your world that i can be anything other than red, i can't be a blue acting scummy as that would make batt red and he would have lynched me.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #729 (isolation #81) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:07 pm

Post by geraintm »

dammit, mafia doesn't win :-(
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #732 (isolation #82) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:10 am

Post by geraintm »

sorry, i misspoke in my post
i am not mafia
that is why i said dammit
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #746 (isolation #83) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:23 pm

Post by geraintm »

Hiya
first thing
why didn't i kill night 5
well, the game went to night over a weekend and i din't have access over the weekends. I didn't have a chance to get in an action

I sent this to mod night one
"tonight i am going to do nothing
i am going to be a good boy and sit on my hands
which kills me, i've never been a serial killer before, and i am not using it!"

night two
"i am going to go ahead and say do nothing again tonight
2 nights and no kills Sad
i think my plan is to kill tomorrow night
and my claim will be like one shot town vigilante
and see if i can get away with that"

night 3
"yeah, another mafia gone, town isnt bad in this game, or else mafia suck, or else with all the investigation roles you have put in, anyone who is out at night is going to find it hard.

glad imaginality came up vanilla, will give me a claim later. i was starting to fear that everyone in this game was a cop of some sort.

so, in interests of keeping a low profile, i will do nothing again tonight.
my plan at the moment is to really do nothing, at all, until i have to
i really want to be investigated at some point, or tracked or anything, so that some point soon someone will say i am clear"

and by this point my aim was to sit there and try and wait the game out.
my role said i couldn't be night killed, so i thought as long as i kept my nose clean i might live long enough where i could come out of nowhere to win. the roles that had been claimed i was thinking it was porbably best not to do anything.
being investigated so early i hoped would be good, but by the time we found out there were so many cops it became worthless.
it was horrible being a SK (this was my first time) and not using it, the longer it went on though the more confident i felt about it.

i missed night 5, i thought people would have guessed it was me as it was a weekend, at least a clue.
i ended up killing cass because i thought an endgame with wumbo in it was my best chance, got that wrong though. i thought i did look pretty town though, i really did think my voting record was very good. dont think i've ever been such a good "townie"

Did no one in the game think there would be a SK?

Mod, don't apologise for the way the game went. I don't think there will ever be a game of Mafia which goes exactly as the mod planned :-) We do our best to find loop holes and wierd cases every time
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #748 (isolation #84) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:30 am

Post by geraintm »

seems unfair. mafia don't have to kill every night, town doesnt have to lynch every night...

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”