shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Mini 731 Speed Dating Smalltown: Over!

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:55 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Love is in the air, you can smell it. Or is that the smell of blood? Whatever it is, it's got to be related to the horrid perfume that woman across from you is wearing. But you love it. You love the arena of speed dating, too much make up, poorly fitting kahkis, boring conversation, overbearing fragrance and all. You love it so much that you are one of the few patrons left at this last hold out. Since the murders began, the speed dating venues have been drying up quickly. This is the last one you could find, and it advertises as a mystical brothel. You don't know what the heck that means but it certainly sounds exciting. The speech the caretaker gave you is that each of the "dates" has certain "abilities" that will be demonstrated for you in a "private session" after each group discussion. Certainly seems worth the $15 cover charge, but shouldn't you at least buy them a drink first?

That was the tame part of the speech. They also told you that they knew whoever was responsible for the speed dating murder spree was present at this event. In order to rid the scene of these deaths once and for all we would be killing off a dater during each discussion period using a democratic process.

What a fun date night this is going to be, hope I live to tell the grandkids about it!

Looking for Love:

1. Shanba-Double Voter
2. DrippingGoofball
neko2086
-Roleblocker
3. orangepenguin-JoaT

In all the Wrong Places:

Xtoxm
Rogue Shenanigans
-Hider-
Lonely Bastard
lynched Day 1
ThAdmiral
BSG
-Role Switcher-
Lonely Bastard
throat slit Night 1
Empking-Anytime Mason -
Match.com Executive
lynched Day 2
Tanarin-Doctor-
Lonely Bastard
shot Night 2
Oman-Paranoid Gun Owner-
Lonely Bastard
throat slit Night 2
hohum
Searphim
-Role Swapping Blocker-
Match.com Executive
shot Night 2
MafiaSSK
TAX
-Target Sensor-
Lonely Bastard
lynched Day 3
Korts-Tracker-
Lonely Bastard
lynched Day 4
farside22-Anytime Mason-
Lonely Bastard
throat slit Night 4
Townie Role PM wrote:You are a lonely bastard. Despite the recent wave of murders at Speed Dating venues, you are more concerned with finding a woman than your own personal safety; what's life without love anyway. And besides you might impress some hot chick by saving her life.

But something new clicked in you today. You're tired of you and your kind being pushed around by the stronger more powerful people. You're making a stand to end these murders.

You win when all threats to speed dating have been eliminated.

Each day all living Speed Daters will vote to remove a single player from the dating pool. You will have one vote towards this decision. Use it wisely.
Day 4 Roles wrote:
1. farside22-Anytime Mason

2. DrippingGoofball
neko2086
-Double Voter
3. orangepenguin-Roleblocker
4. Korts-Tracker

5. Shanba-JoaT
Day 3 Roles wrote:1. DrippingGoofball
neko2086
-Anytime Mason
2. orangepenguin-Double Voter
MafiaSSK
TAX
-Target Sensor

4. Korts-Roleblocker

5. Shanba-Tracker
farside22-JoaT
Day 2 Roles wrote:1. orangepenguin-Anytime Mason
MafiaSSK
TAX
-Double Voter

3. hohum
Seraphim
-Role Swapping Blocker

4. Korts-Target Sensor

5. Shanba-Roleblocker
6. farside22-Tracker

Empking-Anytime Mason

8. Tanarin-Doctor
9. Oman-PGO

10. DrippingGoofball
neko2086
-JoaT
Day 1 Roles wrote:1.
MafiaSSK
TAX
-Anytime Mason

2. hohum
Seraphim
-Double Voter

3. Korts-Role Swapping Blocker

4. Shanba-Target Sensor
farside22-Roleblocker

Empking-Tracker

ThAdmiral
BSG
-Role Switcher

8. Tanarin-Anytime Mason

Xtoxm
Rogue Shenanigans
-Hider

10. Oman-Doctor

11. neko2086-PGO
12. orangepenguin-JoaT
Important Links:

Rules
Roles & Resolutions
Drawing Order
Day 1 Deadline
Last edited by shaft.ed on Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:00 am, edited 37 times in total.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:58 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

General Game Rules:

The Rules (borrowed from vollkan, JordanA24, Wizardcat & Stoofer with some alterations):
1: This is a game, have fun.
2: Please bold your votes. For example,
Vote: RandomPerson
. Votes that are not bolded will not be counted.
3: If you wish to change your vote, bold an unvote before casting your new vote. For example,
Unvote, Vote: ScummyPerson
. If you do not unvote in this format, your vote will not be counted.
4: Lynching will require a majority of the votes. Once a lynch is decided, the decision is final. Feel free to continue posting until the thread is locked, but unvoting before I check the thread will not prevent the player from being lynched.
5: You may
Vote: No Lynch
to decide to not lynch someone on a given day. No-lynching requires 50% or more of the votes, thus on days with an even number of players it will take one less vote to No Lynch than to lynch.
6: If you get lynched or killed, you are dead. A single “Bah” post with NO other content is allowed.
7: Any questions, concerns, desires for me to prod, whatever PM me for best results.
8: Never quote anything that I PM to you, unless express permission is granted. This will result in a modkill.
9: Treat this game as a commitment and be considerate of me and your fellow players.
10: No small or invisible text, editing of your posts, codes, etc.
11: Do not discuss this game outside the thread at any time, except if and when your role specifically allows you to do so.
12: You must confirm your role to me by PM.
13: If you do not post for 3 days without notifying me that you will be away, you will be prodded. Not posting within 48 hours of the prod or getting prodded more than 3 times may result in replacement.
14: Each day will have an automatic deadline of 3*(number of players) days limited to the range of 35 to 14 days. I may extend it in very special circumstances.
15: If a majority is not reached by deadline, the person with the highest number of votes
as long as it is more than one
will be lynched. In the case of a tie, the first person to reach that number of votes will be lynched. The person who would be lynched if deadline were to reach with no changes will be indicated in votecounts with
red font
16:
Blue
is my color. Don't use it.
17: I am usually not around over weekends. If something should come up over this time please be patient. I will alter deadlines in favor of extension should they be scheduled to fall on a weekend.
18:The Mod is not God. He/She may make mistakes. Please point out any mistakes and they will be corrected where possible. Sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed, and these will stand as final, to be commeserated over after the game.
19. This ruleset may be incomplete. If you spot an obvious loophole, don't be a jerk - PM me and point it out. If the Mod discovers an oversight, or feels a player is doing something that, while technically within the rules, is against the spirit of the game, the Mod may add to these rules and inform/warn the players affected as appropriate.

Game Specific Rules:

Set Up:
1) There are 3 or 4 total scum contained within 1 or 2 scum groups with numbers no larger than 3.
2) Members of any scum group may only perform a kill and their designated night action if they are the only living member of their group.
3) If a scum faction consisting of a single player exists they will have the ability to survive a single NK attempt against them without dying.
4) Any scum faction may have a one-shot "super kill" ability that will kill their target regardless of protection, roleblocking or jailkeeping. This will be consumed whether or not it was required to perform the kill.

Role Rotation:
5) Abilities will stay anchored to their "table." The player list will rotate downward through the list (increasing table number) with the bottom player moving back to the upper-most table. There will always be a list of which player has which role on the first post.

Role Selection:
6) All players will know their alignment prior to selecting a role. Let the WIFOM begin!
7) Player will select their roles in a randomly generated order that I will provide.
8) If a player takes longer than 12 hours to select their role they may be leap-frogged by the player(s) next in line and make their subsequent selection at any time.
Last edited by shaft.ed on Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:00 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Available Roles:

Table 1 wrote:
Josephine the Twin
Anytime Mason
: Josephine and Geraldine are twins. They do everything together: go out together, eat together, shop together, speed date together and even think together. You can use Josephine to channel Geraldine and talk with whoever is with Geraldine at anytime during the day or night.
*I will send you both an appropriate QuickTopic thread specifically for this purpose, this will be your notice that it is OK to talk to one another.
Table 2 wrote:
Priscilla the Princess
Double Voter
: Priscilla has always been privelaged and popular. She has gotten used to having her voice heard above everyone else's and has gained this power amongst her speed dating cohort. Each day whoever is with Priscilla will have their vote counted as double. However, since Priscilla is always right she will not separate her double vote between two players, that would demonstrate a lack of self-confidence.
Table 3 wrote:
Wendy the Worrywart
Role Swapping Blocker
: Things always go wrong for Wendy. It seems every time she tries to make things better they get worse. Over the years she has developed an avoidance of change, and an incredible ability to whine until she gets her way. After each dating phase Wendy can choose to stay with her partner, she accomplishes this by preventing
everyone
from rotating their dates. Each night you may choose to have the dating roster stay as it was the previous day.
Table 4 wrote:
Amber the Attentive
Target Sensor
: Amber is very self-concience, and never misses people looking at her. Unfortunately she also has terrible eye-sight but is too self-concience to wear glasses. Each night Amber will let you know how many people visited you, but she won't know who was trying to crash your party.
Table 5 wrote:
Chastity the Killjoy
Roleblocker
: Chastity was brought up in a very prissy household. Her mother would never let her sit with boys by herself when she was in high school. She's carried this mentality with her onto the dating scene. Each night Chastity will interrupt another player keeping them from doing anything unacceptable (ie
anything
) during the night.
Table 6 wrote:
Vivian the Voyer
Tracker
: Vivian gets off on other people getting off. She's very good at watching other's and not being seen. Each night whoever is with Vivian can take a peek at another player's activities and know who they visited.
Table 7 wrote:
Penelope the Perfectionist
Role Switcher
: Penelope always has to have everything just so. She is always changing things about especially little things most other's wouldn't notice. One of her favorite things to adjust at the speed dating venue is the positions of each of the ladies. Each night Penelope may swap two girl's so that they are sitting at eachother's tables the following day.
Table 8 wrote:
Geraldine the Twin
Anytime Mason
: Geraldine and Josephine are twins. They do everything together: go out together, eat together, shop together, speed date together and even think together. You can use Geraldine to channel Josephine and talk with whoever is with Josephine at anytime during the day or night.
*I will send you both an appropriate QuickTopic thread specifically for this purpose, this will be your notice that it is OK to talk to one another.
Table 9 wrote:
Frida the Fearful
Hider
: Frida is afraid. In fact you all should be, maybe she's the only sane person in the room. Ever since the speed dating killings have started up she doesn't like being alone with her date. During your date you will likely accompany her to site in the shadows of another player. But she doesn't want to intrude, you won't even know she's there. Each night you and Frida may Hide at another persons stall, your fate will be linked to your targets, if they die you will die, if they survive you will survive.
*The hider will not die if they target scum
Table 10 wrote:
Hanna the Helpful
Doctor
: Hanna wanted to be a vet when she grew up. Unfortunately, she was allergic to dogs, and cats, and ferrets, and monkeys, and opposum, and chickens, and alligators, and goldfish. So she became a doctor instead. Each night you and Hanna can go help someone out. If they have been hurt you can save their life. But you'll also get crazy drunk afterwards and will have no recolection as to whether or not you actually did anything useful the night before.
Table 11 wrote:
Paula the Paranoid
Paranoid Gun Owner
: Paula doesn't trust easy. She's jumpy and she thinks everyone is out to get her. And she packs a pistol. Shoot first ask questions later, is her motto. I'd recommend you don't make any sudden movements or loud noises. If anyone should target you at night they will be killed, no matter their intentions.
Table 12 wrote:
Evette the Experienced
Jacquiline of All Trades
: Evette is...well traveled. She's learned many...things during her adventures. What brings her to this venue no one can clearly say, but it's speculated the thrill of the murders has been an attraction. Each night Evette can perform a different...action from an array of skills she has acquired
(Jailkeep, Roleblock, Watch, Bus Drive)
. But Evette has a low tolerance for boredom. She will only perform each...action a single time during the course of the game. She also doesn't kiss and tell. She will not inform you what...actions have been performed on other daters.
If you attempt to use an ability that she has used prior it will fail and you will not be notified.
Role Resolution Order:

JoAT Roleblock
Roleblock
Role Switcher
Role Swapping Blocker
JoAT Jailkeep
Paranoid Gun Owner (Dies if targeted for NK)
JoAT Bus Drive (Only first target matters for tracking, watching and PGO purposes)
Other Night Actions
Scum NK(s)
Last edited by shaft.ed on Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:28 am, edited 6 times in total.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:03 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Role drafting order:

orangepenguin-Jack of All Trades (Jailkeep, Roleblock, Watch, Bus Drive)
neko2086-Paranoid Gun Owner
Empking-Tracker
MafiaSSK
TAX
-Anytime Mason
farside22-Roleblocker
Korts-Role Swapping Blocker
BSG-Role Switcher
Tanarin-Anytime Mason
Shanba-Target Sensor
Oman-Doctor
Xtoxm
Rogue Shenanigans
-Hider
hohum
Seraphim
-Double Voter

Abbreviated Roles:

1-Anytime Mason

2-Double Voter
3-Role Swapping Blocker

4-Target Sensor
5-Roleblocker

6-Tracker
7-Role Switcher
8-Anytime Mason

9-Hider
10-Doctor
11-Paranoid Gun Owner

12-Jack of All Trades (Jailkeep, Roleblock, Watch, Bus Drive)
Last edited by shaft.ed on Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:59 pm, edited 8 times in total.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #5 (isolation #4) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:22 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

All alignment PM's have been sent out. Feel free to converse. Role drafting can commence at any time. orangepenguin's 12 hours will start from the time that everyone has picked up their role PM's.

Realize the set up may be a bit confusing so please ask for clarifications on anything that is not clear.

Please read the "Game Specific Rules" at least once before you draft your role.
Last edited by shaft.ed on Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #7 (isolation #5) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:28 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

orangepenguin wrote:Okay, so what exactly am I suppose to choose? The Abbreviated roles?
You may identify the role however you like for example

"I'll take Table 2"

or

"Wendy is Hot I'll take her"

or

"Roleblocker please"

Are all fine. The abbreviated roles are just an easy lookup table for people to see what's available.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #17 (isolation #6) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:59 am

Post by shaft.ed »

I've received a PM from Empking telling me he wishes to take the tracker role.

TAX is up.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #23 (isolation #7) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:16 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Didin't point this out earlier, but TAX has ~7 hours to select his role, after which he may be leapfrogged.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #26 (isolation #8) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:37 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Don't post too much guys or you might break Bluehost again.

Not sure what my access will be like tonight and over the weekend. I hope you all can sort through the role selection process without my update help.

farside22 has permission to go ahead and leapfrog TAX 3.5 hours after this post.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #48 (isolation #9) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:01 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Sorry not time to update the lists but to answer BSG's question this is posted below the role descriptions:
Role Resolution Order:
JoAT Roleblock
Roleblock
Role Switcher
Role Swapping Blocker
JoAT Jailkeep
JoAT Bus Drive (Only primary target matters for tracking, watching and PGO purposes)
Other Night Actions
Scum NK(s)
Wendy can be blocked.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #52 (isolation #10) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Oman wrote:2. Wendy is an interesting role, personally. Scum should be NKing a day in advance. So instead of killing the tracker they kill the anytime mason instead! Oh boy, wouldn't that be fantastic. And it works in reverse! Scum try to kill empking because they expect wendy to hold it and BANG they shoot him alright, but he wasn't the tracker AHAHAHA.
Just to make things clear. If scum kills a player, the role that is lost from the game will be whatever role that player held going into night. Role Swapping will have no effect on what role is removed from play.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #65 (isolation #11) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:50 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Another point I wanted to clarify was Penelope the Role Switcher. Role switching does not involve targeting any players thus no watching/tracking results are generated, in addition this means the PGO position can be swapped without any undue harm.

Shanba still has over 10 hrs to make his pick. Feel free to leave contigency choices should you feel you are not going to be available to post your choice.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #70 (isolation #12) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:49 am

Post by shaft.ed »

You've been anticipating this dating event the whole week. You couldn't even sleep last night, and work was impossible. You just kept Googling "mystical brothel" and all that kept coming up was some crap about Singapore and some losers on an online game forum (what tards). But the night has finally arrived. You don you best kahkis and polo and are looking mighty
spiffy
dorky.

You splash on copious amounts of your musky cologne. Moose are honing in on your sent from miles away. But you care not. Love is in the air and now it's time to get down to business.

You've all preselected your first date online prior to your arrival. You sit down at the properly assigned tables and wait for the twelve beauties to make their entrance. You're not dissapointed. Unfortunately, they won't talk about anything until you decide who to throw out of the dating venue.

"It's time to find the killer", they announce. "Most of you have a single vote. Cast it for the dater who you are most suspicious of. Whoever reaches a majority shall be tested for purity."

With 12 alive it's 7 to lynch or 6 to No Lynch

Deadline will be exactly 5 weeks from this post.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #95 (isolation #13) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:23 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Tanarin wrote:BTW, before we go on, which way does the rotation go?
Game Rules wrote:Role Rotation:
5) Abilities will stay anchored to their "table." The player list will rotate downward through the list (increasing table number) with the bottom player moving back to the upper-most table. There will always be a list of which player has which role on the first post.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #111 (isolation #14) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:56 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

You lonely bastards start getting acquainted with your dates. A few of you try to impress by thumping the table hard and pointing fingers at your fellow daters. Others stumble along barely getting out the words "No you!" and still others remain aloof and difficult for their dates to read.

Vote Count:

Korts (2) orangepenguin, BSG

farside22 (2) Empking, Rogue Shenanigans
Seraphim (1) Korts
Oman (1) neko2086
Empking (1) farside22
neko2086 (1) Oman

Not Voting: Four nervous lonely bastards.

With 12 alive it's 7 to lynch or 6 to No Lynch.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #117 (isolation #15) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:03 am

Post by shaft.ed »

BSG wrote:
Mod, why is Tan's vote against you not counted?
I am not elligible to receive votes. If he voted for Ru Paul I wouldn't have counted it either.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #138 (isolation #16) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:17 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Tanarin wrote:P.S. Speaking of not hearing much out of people, can we get some proddage TAX's way, he hasn't even said anything since his selection. In fact, looking back his selection is the ONLY thing he has said this entire thread.
TAX was proded this AM
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #142 (isolation #17) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:33 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

You're never going to impress your dates if you don't learn how to have a conversation.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #146 (isolation #18) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:57 am

Post by shaft.ed »

BSG wrote:
Shaft.ed wrote:
Please post
?
Abridged for people on the go.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #159 (isolation #19) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:00 am

Post by shaft.ed »

I understand it was a joke but:
Game Rules wrote:10: No small or invisible text, editing of your posts, codes, etc.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #162 (isolation #20) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:58 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Despite your excitement with the mystical brothel and all, this date has been fairly lame thus far. The ladies aren't adding anything to the conversation and appear to be sitting back and judging your every comment. Also seems no one wants to give up their chance for some private time, so your lips are all rather tight.

Vote Count:

Empking
(3) farside22, Rogue Shenanigans, Tanarin

Korts
(2) orangepenguin, BSG
Tanarin
(2) Korts, Shanba
farside22
(1) Empking
Oman
(1) neko2086
neko2086
(1) Oman

Not Voting
: Searphim and TAX

shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #196 (isolation #21) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:58 am

Post by shaft.ed »

It seems Empking is the first of you to come under scrutiny. Are the ladies impressed with his composure? Hard to tell.

Vote Count:

Empking
(4) farside22, Rogue Shenanigans, Tanarin, Korts

Korts
(2) orangepenguin, BSG
Tanarin
(1) Shanba
farside22
(1) Empking
Oman
(1) neko2086
neko2086
(1) Oman

Not Voting
: Searphim and TAX

Public service announcement reminding everyone to unvote prior to casting a vote. Also be sure to spay and neuter your pets.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #200 (isolation #22) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:45 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Tanarin wrote:EBWODP:
shaft.ed: Have you heard a peep out of TAX? He hasn't posted here since his choice.
He hasn't picked up his first prod. I've sent a second, if he does not post by Sunday he will be replaced.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #257 (isolation #23) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:46 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Korts wrote:
mod:
does first infraction of Rule 10 draw a modkill?
It can
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #258 (isolation #24) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:50 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Empking wrote:
Mod: Did you decide the punishment for rule 10 before the game?
Mod: If yes. Why didn't you tell us before?
My rule infractions are, for the most part, decided on a case by case basis. Spelling out the specifics for every single rule would make them cumbersome to read beyond the point of usefulness. If you are worried about modkills, the only infraction (I remember) drawing a no questions asked modkill is quoting mod-PMs.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #260 (isolation #25) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:00 am

Post by shaft.ed »

No time for flavor.

Vote Count:

Empking
(5) farside22, Rogue Shenanigans, Tanarin, Korts, BSG

neko2086
(2) Oman. Shanba
farside22
(1) Empking
Oman
(1) neko2086

Not Voting
: Searphim, orangepenguin and TAX

shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #265 (isolation #26) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:09 am

Post by shaft.ed »

farside22 wrote:Finally I asked the
mod if he really feels the infration is high enough to modkill me.
Well you're not dead
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #266 (isolation #27) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:17 am

Post by shaft.ed »

OK I've been debating very heavily over whether I should inform everyone about my decision to warn farside and not modkill her since it seems to be front and center in the discussion and I do not want to influence the outcome of the game. However, this is a discussion of my ruleset and I do not wish to have players have an unclear understanding as to why certain decisions were made.

farside22 received a public warning for her small text because:
1) public warnings are efficient in notifying all players of a particular rule
2) I did not want to set a precident for allowing players to abuse this rule
3) I wanted to alert players to the text in case they did not see it and found it relevant
4) a warning was given because there was no clear intent on using the small text to communicate in secret because
---a) it was only slightly small text and thus not highly efficient in being invisible
---b) there was no obvious secretive content that couldn't have been posted in normal sized font

You may continue debating about what subconcious reasons I have for making this decision. Take this as a clarification of Rule 10.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #298 (isolation #28) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:22 am

Post by shaft.ed »

No time for flavor.

Vote Count:

Empking
(6) farside22, Rogue Shenanigans, Tanarin, Oman, BSG, orangepenguin

neko2086
(1) Shanba
farside22
(1) Empking

Not Voting
: Searphim, neko2086, Korts and TAX

working on TAX replacement
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #304 (isolation #29) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:34 am

Post by shaft.ed »

TAX left for a bathroom break quite some time ago. You've been wondering what the heck he ate with all the weird sounds coming from down the hallway. When he comes out you see that he's been fixing himself up to be a bit more presentable to his date. In fact he looks like a totally different person.

MafiaSSK replaces TAX effective immediately.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #316 (isolation #30) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:34 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Tanarin wrote:
(Mod: Have you heard anything from him? It has been 4 days now.)
He was prod'ed yesterday
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #368 (isolation #31) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:19 am

Post by shaft.ed »

"Aren't we supposed to be adding votes?" Priscilla yawns. "This is just getting ridiculous, let's just kill one of them already," she says.

"What are you talking about Priscy, we aren't going to kill anyone," Hanna interjects hurriedly, with an awkward smile and a dagger sharp stare at Priscilla. "We're here to stop the killings. Remember?"

Vote Count:

Empking
(4) Rogue Shenanigans, Tanarin, BSG, orangepenguin

neko2086
(1) Shanba
orangepenguin
(1) farside22

Not Voting
: Searphim, neko2086, Korts, Oman, Empking and MafiaSSK

BSG's prod got eaten somewhere along the line, but I will likely replace her if she is not posting by Monday.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #421 (isolation #32) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:41 am

Post by shaft.ed »

"Wow this voting stuff is really boring" exclaims Evette. "I'll show you some excitement" Oman yells out. orangepenguin snaps back "It's not your turn, you damn moogle!"

Vote Count:

neko2086
(4) Oman, Shanba, Empking, Korts

Empking
(3) Rogue Shenanigans, BSG, orangepenguin
Rogue Shenanigans
(2) Tanarin, neko2086
orangepenguin
(1) farside22

Not Voting
: Searphim and MafiaSSK

shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #448 (isolation #33) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:24 am

Post by shaft.ed »

"But I enjoy shenanigans" sighed Evette.

Vote Count:

neko2086
(3) Oman, Shanba, Empking

Rogue Shenanigans
(3) Tanarin, neko2086, farside22
Empking
(2) Rogue Shenanigans, BSG
Shanba
(1) Korts

Not Voting
: Searphim, MafiaSSK, orangepenguin

Seraphim and Rogue Shenanigans have received their final D1 prods. They will be replaced if they do not post within the next 72hrs.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #501 (isolation #34) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:10 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

"But I enjoy shenanigans" sighed Evette.

Vote Count:

neko2086
(4) Oman, Shanba, Empking, farside22

Empking
(3) Rogue Shenanigans, BSG , orangepenguin
Rogue Shenanigans
(2) Tanarin, neko2086
orangepenguin
(1) Korts

Not Voting
: Searphim, MafiaSSK

Finding a replacement for Rogue Shenanigans.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #511 (isolation #35) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:29 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Xtoxm replaces Rogue Shenanigans effective immediately.

Looking for a second replacement for Seraphim and BSG is getting awful close herself
:?
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #525 (isolation #36) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:27 am

Post by shaft.ed »

It appears that I will also be replacing BSG :(

Current deadline is for two weeks from today. I may consider moving that depending on how long the replacements take to gather together.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #526 (isolation #37) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:58 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

hohum replaces Seraphim effective immediately.

One more to go
:)
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #527 (isolation #38) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:33 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

To simplify for the replacements
Vote Count:

neko2086

Empking
(2) Xtoxm, BSG
orangepenguin
(1) Korts
hohum
(1) neko2086
MafiaSSK
(1) orangepenguin

Not Voting
: hohum, MafiaSSK, Tanarin

shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #541 (isolation #39) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:14 am

Post by shaft.ed »

ThAdmiral replaces BSG effective immediately.

Also I would like to make a public service announcement to ask people to please stop posting with alts. It makes it difficult for other players to read your posts in isolation.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #573 (isolation #40) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:00 am

Post by shaft.ed »

farside22 wrote:
Mod is that deadline correct?
Yes, that is the correct date. There is a link on the front page. I haven't extended it because the replacements came in good time, and I'd rather not open the game up to more slow down.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #586 (isolation #41) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:15 am

Post by shaft.ed »

"I'm going to go powder my nose" Priscilla blurted out suddenly. "I'll come with you" Hanna chimed in. "Yeah I've got to drain the liz...uh tinkle" said Evette. Before you knew it all 12 girls were making a pilgrimage to the ladies room. You here them whispering, some sighing and others giggling as they go.

The awkward silence left behind is quickly interupted by a shouting Oman. "Wooo I got me some digets!" he exclaimed. Hanna had apparently left a string of numbers on a cocktail napkin at their table. "And it only took me four weeks."

Vote Count:

neko2086

Empking
(2) Xtoxm, ThAdmiral
orangepenguin
(1) Korts
hohum
(1) neko2086
MafiaSSK
(1) orangepenguin

Not Voting
: hohum, MafiaSSK, Tanarin

shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #596 (isolation #42) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:03 am

Post by shaft.ed »

ThAdmiral wrote:
mod
, is that allowed? or do I have to switch two other girls?
you may switch any two girls still in play
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #613 (isolation #43) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:02 am

Post by shaft.ed »

The ladies come back from their bathroom break. Evette sighs "Damn it he's still at four, I really wanted to..." "He's mine" interrupts Paula.

The ensuing awkward silence is finally ended by Priscilla "tick tock people, time's running out."

Vote Count:

neko2086
(4) Oman, Empking, farside22, Tanarin

Xtoxm
(3) Xtoxm, neko2086, Shanba
Empking
(1) ThAdmiral
orangepenguin
(1) Korts

Not Voting
: hohum, MafiaSSK, orangepenguin

Deadline is less than one week away.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #665 (isolation #44) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:30 am

Post by shaft.ed »

"Ohhh, a three way," sighs Evette.

Vote Count:

neko2086
(3) Oman, Empking, Korts

Empking
(3) ThAdmiral, hohum
Xtoxm
(3) farside22, neko2086, Shanba
farside22
(1) Xtoxm

Not Voting
: MafiaSSK, orangepenguin, Tanarin

Deadline is coming.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #683 (isolation #45) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:53 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

"There is a new leader" Geraldine and Josephine say eerily in unison.

Vote Count:

Xtoxm
(4) farside22, neko2086, Shanba, Tanarin

neko2086
(3) Oman, Empking, Korts
Empking
(3) ThAdmiral, hohum
farside22
(1) Xtoxm

Not Voting
: MafiaSSK, orangepenguin

Deadline is coming.

Public service reminder to remember to unvote before voting and be sure to check your bold tags with each vote.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #700 (isolation #46) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:25 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

"He seems good, can't we just let him go," asked Frida. "I don't think he'd sacrifice himself like that if he were good."

"Do it!" yelled Priscilla.

"OK. Come with me," Frida said holding out her hand to Xtoxm. They go off to a back room with a frosted glass window. Oman shouts some words of encouragement giving Xtoxm a big wink.

You see their sillouettes. Frida is taking off Xtoxm's shirt. "Maybe I should have gone for more votes," quips neko.

Then, Frida darts her hand towards Xtoxm's chest you here a short high pitched scream. "The quiet one's are always more wild." But Frida turns away from Xtoxm and walks back towards the door. Through the frosted windown you see that her arm is raised. She's holding something, and sobbing gently.

As she comes out the door you see that it is a beating heart. "His heart was pure. He didn't have to die. My job is done, I'm going home now." Frida leaves the dating venue as Xtoxm expires.

Xtoxm was sacrificed he was a
Lonely Bastard
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #701 (isolation #47) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:01 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

You all retire to your private rooms with your dates. A few of you have giddy smiles, but the majority bare an expression of shock and fear of what happened to Xtoxm. However, it's almostcertain that some of you will have an exciting night.

Please get your night choices in promptly, I'd like to reboot this by Monday afternoon at the latest.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #702 (isolation #48) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:43 am

Post by shaft.ed »

You take a break from your date to go to the bathrom. On your way down the hall you hear various moans and screams coming from the private rooms. You cross your fingers, hoping they are the good kind.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #703 (isolation #49) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:08 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Extending Night 1 deadline until tommorow at 9AM Pacific. If you don't have choices in by then you will take no action.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #704 (isolation #50) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:31 am

Post by shaft.ed »

You had a great time with your date during the free period. Well most of you. When you get back out into the main hall you notice that there are only 10 tables where there used to be 12. You scan the girls and notice that Penelope is absent, which means ThAdmiral is missing. Was he "tested for purity" by his date as well?

Walking down the hallway you find room 7. Lucky number 7. Entering the room the lights are off. You can tell there's a sticky substance on the floor from the sound your shoes are making. Someone makes a wisecrack about semen, which is quickly drowned out by gasps once the lights are flipped on. ThAdmiral, stripped down to his skivies, lies face down in a pool of his own blood. You flip him over to see his throat has been cut from ear to ear. You can tell from his Superman undies that he was just a
Lonely Bastard.

You all go back to the main room to get acquainted with your new dates, who were strangely incurious about the deadman down the hall.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #705 (isolation #51) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:36 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Day 2 Role Assignments:

1. orangepenguin-Mason
2. MafiaSSK-Double Voter
3. hohum-Role Swapping Blocker
4. Korts-Target Sensor
5. Shanba-Roleblocker
6. farside22-Tracker
7. Empking-Mason
8. Tanarin-Doctor
9. Oman-Paranoid Gun Owner
10. neko2086-Jack of All Trades

It is now day 2. Mandatory deadline is exactly 30 days from this post.

With 10 alive it is 6 to lynch or 5 to No Lynch
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #739 (isolation #52) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:45 am

Post by shaft.ed »

The day two womanly chatter has begun. "I'm so glad Frida's gone, she was so chickenshit," says Evette. "And that Penelope, always rearranging things to be just ..so. God that was annoying," as she rolls her eyes.

Vote Count:

Empking
(2) hohum, orangepenguin

Korts
(1) farside22
hohum
(1) Empking

Not Voting
: MafiaSSK, neko2086, Shanba, Oman, Korts, Tanarin

With 10 alive it's 6 to lynch or 5 to No Lynch.

shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #797 (isolation #53) » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:27 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Vote Count:

Empking
(2) hohum, orangepenguin

Korts
farside22
hohum
(1) Empking

Not Voting
: MafiaSSK, neko2086, Shanba, Oman, Korts, Tanarin

Last edited by shaft.ed on Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #832 (isolation #54) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:20 am

Post by shaft.ed »

I wanted to clarify what a bus driver does as I realized it is not spelled out in Evette's role PM, and I've received a question about it.
Wiki wrote:The Bus Driver ... may choose to switch two players each night. Thus, any night choice performed on a switched player will affect the other player targeted by the Bus Driver. The Bus Driver's night choices are only valid for that same night.

For example, the Bus Driver switches John and Jack. That same night, a roleblocker targets John and a Goon targets Jack. It will be Jack to be roleblocked and John to be killed.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #863 (isolation #55) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:58 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

"Finally a new vote," exclaims Prascilla.

Vote Count:

Empking
(3) hohum, orangepenguin, farside22

hohum
(1) Empking
orangepenguin
(1) neko2086

Not Voting
: MafiaSSK, Shanba, Oman, Korts, Tanarin

Last edited by shaft.ed on Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #876 (isolation #56) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:01 am

Post by shaft.ed »

OK guys activity is dragging, can we pick up the pace a bit?
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #884 (isolation #57) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:27 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Vote Count:

Empking
(3) hohum, orangepenguin, farside22

farside22
(2) MafiaSSK
orangepenguin
(2) Shanba, neko2086
hohum
(1) Empking

Not Voting
: Oman, Korts, Tanarin

shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #906 (isolation #58) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:36 am

Post by shaft.ed »

"Please don't make me without my sister," Geraldine requested with no emotion in her plea.

Vote Count:

orangepenguin
(4) Shanba, neko2086, MafiaSSK

Empking
(2) hohum, farside22
MafiaSSK
(2) orangepenguin, Korts
hohum
(1) Empking

Not Voting
: Oman, Tanarin

shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #926 (isolation #59) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:42 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Suddenly Hannah was driven to speak, as if having just discovered a great idea. "Perhaps the killers could just come forward and we could forgive them?"

"Shut up you twit," called out Evette promptly shooting down her idea.

Vote Count:

orangepenguin
(3) neko2086, MafiaSSK

Empking
(2) hohum, farside22
MafiaSSK
(2) orangepenguin, Korts
hohum
(1) Empking
neko2086
(1) Oman

Not Voting
: Shanba, Tanarin

shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #976 (isolation #60) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:58 am

Post by shaft.ed »

"Can't you all just vote for the same person so we can get this thing moving along," Priscilla suggested obviously annoyed. Paula added "I think they're all guilty. Let's just get rid of every last one of them."

Vote Count:

orangepenguin
(3) neko2086, MafiaSSK

MafiaSSK
(2) orangepenguin, Korts
Empking
(1) hohum
hohum
(1) Empking
neko2086
(1) Oman
Korts
(1) farside22

Not Voting
: Shanba, Tanarin

shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1019 (isolation #61) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:12 am

Post by shaft.ed »

"Haha and 8 ball and some milk...that's..funny," said Paula.
God my date is such a tard. I wish I could shoot him already
.*

Vote Count:

Empking
(4) hohum, farside22, MafiaSSK

MafiaSSK
(3) orangepenguin, Korts, Empking
orangepenguin
(1) neko2086
Oman
(1) Tanarin

Not Voting
: Shanba, Oman

Working on the Korts replacement.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1028 (isolation #62) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:29 am

Post by shaft.ed »

"Not my sister," whines Geraldine.

Vote Count:

Empking
(5) hohum, farside22, MafiaSSK, Oman

MafiaSSK
(3) orangepenguin, Korts, Empking
orangepenguin
(1) neko2086
Oman
(1) Tanarin

Not Voting
: Shanba

shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1035 (isolation #63) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:58 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

"I guess it is time," Josephine & Geraldine speak in unison. Josephine takes Empking by the hand to the back room. Most would be nervous after what happened to Xtoxm earlier, but Empking barely seems concious.

Josephine's room is further down the hall so you can't see what is going on, but you here a loud thud like something large swung against the drywall.

Before Josephine emerges, Geraldine emits a gasp. "Oh...he was...tainted!"

Josephine briefly enters that hall, her shirt covered in blood. "I'll see you later sis." And as though no one else existed Josephine leaves.

Empking Match.com Executive
has been lynched.

You all take your dates away for a private session.

Vote Count:

Empking
(6) orangepenguin, hohum, farside22, MafiaSSK, Oman

MafiaSSK
(2) Korts, Empking
orangepenguin
(1) neko2086
Oman
(1) Tanarin

Not Voting

Please get night actions to me in a timely manner. I'll do what I can to get the replacements so we don't get stuck in the Night Phase.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1036 (isolation #64) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:57 am

Post by shaft.ed »

DrippingGoofball replaces neko2086 effective immediately.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1037 (isolation #65) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:17 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Korts replaces Korts effective immediately.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1038 (isolation #66) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:43 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

It was a rather noisey private session. You were trying to whisper sweet nothings into your date's ear but you could barely hear one another over all of the commotion. There were constantly footsteps thumping through the hallway, like some sort of marathon was running through your building. There were also a few loud thumps and pops, perhaps they were gunfire.

You gather in the hall to survey the damage. The first corpse you find is Tanarin's. He has been shot right between the eyes and lies on his back in his on pooling blood. From the Klingon Dictionary protruding out of his breastpocket you know he must be a
Lonely Bastard
, that was shot Night 2.

The next scene you encounter is a bit disturbing, even Evette seems interested in it. Oman is slouching in a chair with a deep red grin from ear to ear. What's strange about this cheshire grin is that Oman's mouth is closed, it's his neck that is smiling. His shirt is soaked in blood. From his outfit

You surmise that Oman was a
Lonely Bastard
throat slit Night 2.

"That was an exciting Night," exclaims Evette.

"Oh we're not done yet, look over here!" shouts Priscilla.

The final corpse of the evening used to belong to hohum. He has a breifcase clenched in his cold dead hand and lies face down on the floor. You see an exit wound in the back of his head. He must have been with Match.com too. hohum
Match.com Executive
was shot Night 2.

With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch or 3 to No Lynch

Deadline is exactly 18 days from this post.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1095 (isolation #67) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:46 am

Post by shaft.ed »

You start the next voting session with much more purpose now that three of your fellow daters have been killed. Your dates seem to be more aloof than usual, possibly due to the night's violence.

Vote Count:

Korts
(2) farside22, MafiaSSK

MafiaSSK
(1) Korts

Not Voting
: orangepenguin, Shanba, DrippingGoofball

With 6 alive it's 4 to lynch or 3 to No Lynch.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1109 (isolation #68) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:15 am

Post by shaft.ed »

"What are you all staring at," Amber screams. "Stop looking at me!"

"It's your time," Chastity says, seemingly annoyed.

"Oh...I knew that."

MafiaSSK starts to whimper, "but I don't want to die. Please, please don't kill me. I didn't do..."

Suddenly Amber juts her fist into MafiaSSK's throat. "Shut up! Would you just shut up already!" She keeps feeding her arm in deeper and deeper. MafiaSSK struggles but Amber has sunk her fingers into his abdomen, you see blood seeping through his shirt. As Amber begins pulling out her arm, MafiaSSK's struggles become subdued. Then Amber's fist emerges with MafiaSSK's deep red still beating heart.

"There are you happy now? He was pure. Now leave me alone," she screams storming out.

"Something is seriously wrong with that girl," say Evette. "She should really get some help."

"Like you're one to talk," Priscilla jibes as they walk their dates to the back rooms for another private session.

MafiaSSK
Lonely Bastard
has been lynched.

Vote Count:

MafiaSSK
(4) Korts, Shanba, orangepenguin

Korts
(3) farside22, MafiaSSK, DrippingGoofball

Not Voting
:

It is now Night 3, please get your actions to me in a timely manner.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1110 (isolation #69) » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:57 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Last night was eerily quiet, especially compared to Night 2. You were all very still, but all you could hear was other people trying to listen to you. The only commotion was coming from DrippingGoofball's room. There was the repetitive *
cupop
cupop
* sound followed by giggles or shouts or explatives sometimes in a pirate drawl. It turned out that she was playing a four player game of Popomatic Trouble with Josephine, Geraldine, DrippingGoofball and LennyTheRedBeard one of her other personalities.

You all amass in the main hall to find that no one has died, all five of you remain.

With 5 alive it is 3 to lynch or No Lynch. Deadline is exactly 15 Days from this post.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1132 (isolation #70) » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:54 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

"Can one of you guys do it? I much prefer watching," Vivian says with a wry smile.

"I'd love to," says Evette as she leaps out of her chair.

"This is going to hurt isn't it?" asks Korts.

"I wouldn't know, why don't you tell me," Evette replies while lodging her fist into Korts' chest.

"Damn it, I really wanted to keep that," says Korts pointing towards his heart. He falls down in a heep drained of color.

"He's clean," says Evette matter-of-factly. "See ya later Viv, hope you liked the show."

Korts
Lonely Bastard
has been lynched.

Vote Count:

Korts
(4) farside22, DrippingGoofball, orangepenguin

orangepenguin
(1) Korts

Not Voting

It is now Night 4, please get your actions to me in a timely manner.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1133 (isolation #71) » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:49 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

This night is quieter than the last as Priscilla had no interest in playing Popomatic Trouble with DrippingGoofball or Lenny. However, it was more bloody. You find a trail of blood leading back to farside22's room. She lies facedown but from the pooling of the blood you can tell her throat has been slit. And from the Settlers of Catan manual sticking out of her back pocket you can tell she was a
Lonely Bastard
whose throat was slit Night 4.

It is now Day 5. With 3 alive it takes 2 to lynch or No Lynch.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1144 (isolation #72) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:59 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Vote Count:

orangepenguin
(2) Shanba

DrippingGoofball
(1) orangepenguin

Not Voting
: DrippingGoofball

"Finally, my turn," exclaims Evette.

"Oh the suspense is killing me," Chastity blurts out. "I can't wait to find out if he's the killer."

"Are you a moron or something?" Priscilla chides. "He's wearing a freaking suit and carrying a breifcase, you haven't seen the pattern yet?"
"In fact these people are so stupid, I don't care if they passed the test we should just blow them up anyway."

Meanwhile in the background you see Evette ripping out orangepenguin's heart. He flaps his little orange flippers about. "Is penguin blood supposed to be black, I can't really tell if he's contaminated," asks Evette.

"Yes he's evil,
the Lonely Bastards have won
, but it really doesn't matter because we're going to blow up this planet. I'm sick of Hannah never letting us have any fun. Good luck cracking the 100 digit code Earthlings" And the remaining three space dates are beamed up to their mothership.

"Holy crap, what are we going to do, we've got to do something," Shanba exclaims exasperated.

"How bout a game of PopoMatic Trouble?," asks DGB.

"Are you crazy?"

"Yeah, you're right I don't think we'd finish in time."

Suddenly Shanba has a flashback "IIIIi goooootttt diiiiiggeeeeetttssss," Oman screams in low pitched slow motion waiving a sheet of paper. "That's it, of course that wasn't a phone number."

You all mocked Oman for waiving around a sheet of legal paper covered in numbers thinking it was Hannah's phone number. She must have been leaving you the code to defuse the bomb. Shanba pulls the yellow paper from Oman's back pocket. Meanwhile DGB's PopoMatic trouble is flashing red lights and has sprouted a keypad. The duo enters the 100 digit sequence just in time and the Earth is saved (not to mention Match.com has subsequently gone out of business for killing a lot of speed daters).

"Damn it I still didn't get laid"
Last edited by shaft.ed on Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1145 (isolation #73) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:03 am

Post by shaft.ed »

I hope you guys enjoyed yourselves.
Thanks a ton to all of the replacements!

Sorry the game started out on the slow side. I was very happy and excited reading the last few days. And was really amazed orangepenguin lasted as long as he did. After the "everybody blocks OP" night I figured he was done for.

Comments/criticizms please.

Also what did you guys think about the slight alterations to traditional smalltown?
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1146 (isolation #74) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:05 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Also neko's gambit really opened the game wide for town. That was a crazy ballsy play that easily could have backfired. The scum barely had any chance to win after that night.

Finally the role resolution order answers all of your questions. The PGO kill registers before the Doc protection so scum didn't need to use a superkill in order to take out the PGO.

They actually used their Superkill to take out ThAdmiral Night 1. I really think the scum night actions were their downfall. Having both investigative roles N1, the doctor clearly should have been killed.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1148 (isolation #75) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:23 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Night Actions

N1:

Korts-Blocks Rotation (roleblocked no effect)
farside22-Roleblocks Korts
Empking-Tracks Tanarin
ThAdmiral-Swaps 7 & 8 (he keeps Role Switcher, Empking gets Mason/ no effect after NK)
Oman-Protects farside22
orangepenguin-no night action (not in on time)
Mafiakill-hohum Superkills ThAdmiral

N2:

hohum-No action as swapping blocker
Shanba-Roleblocks Korts
farside22-Tracks Shanba
Tanarin-Protects farside22 (redirected to Oman/ dies before protection)
neko2086-Busdrives farside22 and Oman
Mafaikill-hohum kills farside22 (redirected to Oman both die)

N3:

Korts-Roleblocks orangepnguin
Shanba-Tracks orangepenguin (no result/ roleblocked)
farside22-Roleblocks orangepenguin
Mafiakill-orangepenguin kills DrippingGoofball (roleblocked no targeting info)

N4:

orangepenguin-Roleblocks Shanba
Shanba-watches farside22
Mafiakill-orangepenguin kills farside22
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1155 (isolation #76) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:30 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Shanba wrote:farside - I was always going to be cleared going into day since I was always going to be double voter. What OP should have done is killed me to get the double vote and the hoped that she loggedf on before both of you did. That was his only real chance of winning.
Pretty sure killing you would have given OP the Anytime Mason so that wouldn't have worked. He was pretty SOL. I'd say what he did or faking a successful RB on you were her best options. To me farside was 100% town and DGB about 90%.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1156 (isolation #77) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:32 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Empking wrote:PGO comes before Docs in the Role Order, I think.
This
Role Resolution Order:

JoAT Roleblock
Roleblock
Role Switcher
Role Swapping Blocker
JoAT Jailkeep

JoAT Bus Drive (Only first target matters for tracking, watching and PGO purposes)
Other Night Actions

Scum NK(s)
Shanba, noted on the Roleblocker->Tracker. I think you are correct the Tracker should get no result, my bad.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1158 (isolation #78) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:34 am

Post by shaft.ed »

I was also quite surprised the town determined the PGO to be a very antitown role. To me they were the strongest pro-town role because they were essentially NK immune. Once the Tracker was gone the PGO was no more harmful to the town than any other role.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1163 (isolation #79) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:49 am

Post by shaft.ed »

But Emp bus'ing you was great for the scum. hohum and OP were the most vocal about lynching you and both had cases. Meanwhile at least two town were protecting you, Shanba very intensely. neko's gambit and the poor N2 kill choice were really what did scum in. Even as it was, OP would likely have won had Shanba not ended up with the Double Voter in end game.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1164 (isolation #80) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:51 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Shanba wrote:That doesn't say what you think it says. It basically says that it would be really stupid to kill a PGO. Which hohum didn't. He was fucked over by good town play not paying enough attention to the roles. TBH, I don't think WIFOMing his nightkill because he was scared of the bus driver would be good play anyway.
Meh, the Doc needed to be killed before the Tracker. As it was, they would have had a failed kill without neko's bus driving.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1166 (isolation #81) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:54 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Empking wrote:The great move that made OP look scummier and left us with one many on day 3.
Shanba wrote: I still think his move on to the Empking wagon looks weird, which is more telling now that we know Empking was scum. .
How can you call something great for the scum when we know doing that lost the game for us?
If you were so miffed about it, you might have communicated such concerns in your Anytime Mason thread that you barely even posted in. I was really sad you and OP didn't take any advantage of the daytalking ability.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1172 (isolation #82) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:10 am

Post by shaft.ed »

FTR, OP's night choice would have been Tanarin. I imagine the Doc turning up with a throat slit and a bullet in his head would have planted some confusion.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1180 (isolation #83) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:35 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Also farside, In regards to OP jailing Empking as the tracker. That actually makes some sense as a scum move. They didn't know they were the only faction, and if there was a SK it would be possible they'd want to take out a useful powerrole. So like was mentioned if he though Emp was scummy roleblocking made much more sense than Jailkeeping because of the protective side effect.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1182 (isolation #84) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:43 am

Post by shaft.ed »

farside22 wrote:
shaft.ed wrote:Also farside, In regards to OP jailing Empking as the tracker. That actually makes some sense as a scum move. They didn't know they were the only faction, and if there was a SK it would be possible they'd want to take out a useful powerrole. So like was mentioned if he though Emp was scummy roleblocking made much more sense than Jailkeeping because of the protective side effect.
It was more the way they reacted to each other when OP jailed Emp. That didn't look like a partnership. :lol:
Yeah it wasn't :P
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1188 (isolation #85) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:51 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Oh and I forgot to thank you Oman for being a good sport (and DGB too for that matter). The flavor is always more fun when you can ad some outside references :)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”