Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #36 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:02 am

Post by Commodore Amazing »

Someone wrote:
vote:saberkitty

The only person with a worse name for random voting than me.
unvote: rolandofthewhite, vote: Someone

Lynch all liars.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #50 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:21 pm

I think all this hating on Axelrod is not cool; it really seems he's just eager to talk about stuff, and he's been pretty consistent about it, even if you don't agree with it or think it's not useful.

Oh, and the thing about voting for Someone was supposed to be a joke. I figured I'd try to do a vote joke while it's still early, so
unvote: Someone

I'm happy pushing the bandwagon on Vesuvan to start.
vote: Vesuvan
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #85 (isolation #3) » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:29 pm

unvote: Vesuvan, vote: SaberKitty
. Her reason for getting on the bandwagon seems sort of weak. Coming on as late as she did, I would have expected pressure, but not a vote. Especially when she claims to be unsure. I'm now happy to push the bandwagon over to her. It's not like we really had much on Vesuvan besides random day-one shenanigans anyway.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #139 (isolation #4) » Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:41 am

unvote: SaberKitty
for now... I haven't really seen much from Someone, PBug, Fuldu, or EnterYourNameHere that makes me want to vote for them, though they are my favorites right now. I'm surprised the Vesuvan and SK ones went as far as they did. I am happy though that we have such good day one content.
"So it's time to take some action, boys. It's time to follow me." - Gaston, the Mob Song
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #158 (isolation #5) » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:26 am

Someone wrote:Bandwagoning is not such a bad thing day one, is it? I mean, as long as it doesn't go all the way to a claim, all the arguments/reactions do some good, doesn't it? Since when does bandwagoning=scum?
I whole-heartedly agree. Neither of our bandwagons went to claims, and both gave us some good information. I don't want to vote out Someone. If it comes between him and PBug, I will vote PBug.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #180 (isolation #6) » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:12 am

vote: PBug
. I don't care much for the olio bandwagon. I went through his posts and really didn't find anything all that bad. I also disagree with both Vesuvan and the silent speaker's reasons for voting for him.
"So it's time to take some action, boys. It's time to follow me." - Gaston, the Mob Song
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #218 (isolation #7) » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:15 am

vote: Nox
. It's hard to really go by yesterday's voting pattern to find the most scummy person (since olio turned out clean), but I felt Nox was really pushing her arguments against PBug, maybe to protect suspicion against someone else? I know it's not much of a vote, but does anyone have anything else?

On the subject of having more than one killing group, there could be a group that's out there with options of holding off on night-kills to do something else that's funky, like recruiting. I do think it's unlikely that our doc(s) have been lucky twice.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #241 (isolation #8) » Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:17 am

I don't understand why we're using votes against Vesuvan and SaberKitty as damning evidence. Neither of them has been confirmed innocent.

To Axelrod, I was in a game with Leonidas for a while, and he posted about as much as he has this game, and he turned out not to be scum. I was going after him most of the game. I think Leonidas will be hard to get a read on.

To the silent speaker, the reason I said: "I haven't really seen much from Someone, PBug, Fuldu, or EnterYourNameHere that makes me want to vote for them," was because I thought they were the most scummy people in the game, but I didn't really think there was any evidence against any of them worth a vote. Also, why are you giving them a FOS now? Is it only because I said that I didn't think they were scum?

I don't feel like I should be getting much crap for voting for PBug. At least I made a decision. If anything, the people who didn't vote for PBug or olio are suspicious since they could just sit aside and not really care who was lynched while the pro-town had to put themselves out there.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #257 (isolation #9) » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:41 pm

unvote: Nox
; we've had a lot of discussion today, and it looks like we'll get a real lynch.

fos: Axelrod
for claiming to understand the silent speaker's reasons for voting for me and bandwagoning. I've read them twice now and I still don't understand how every scenario makes me scum.

More tomorrow night.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #266 (isolation #10) » Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:53 pm

vote: Axelrod
; it seems like he's really reaching for reasons to defend his vote against me. If you think you made a mistake, just say it, I'll forgive you. Don't make up bogus reasons why you think I'm scum.

I don't think Someone's particularly scummy, but I can see how lynching him might get us some good information.

To Nanook, I like doing lots of voting and unvoting at the beginning, when we don't know anything about anyone. It helps me get everything in order in my head. Sorry if it confuses you.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #284 (isolation #11) » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:40 pm

My guess is that mith is not scum, and is something other than just "townie."
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #314 (isolation #12) » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:39 am

I wish there were someone else who had more than 2 votes, so we could have an option besides Nox.
unvote: Axelrod, vote: Someone
. I guess changing my vote doesn't help, but I think it's a helpful option for people who don't think Nox is scum.

The Shadow, are you back yet?
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #320 (isolation #13) » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:09 am

I could go for an Axelrod lynch myself, Loudmouth Lee, but there isn't an actual Axelrod bandwagon. It's between Someone and Nox, and I think it's currently 4 votes each (I count myself, Loudmouth Lee, Axelrod, tss vs. MeMe, Vesuvan, rolandofthewhite, Mr Stoofer). It seems there are people on both bandwagons that want to lynch Axelrod: myself, Loudmouth Lee, Vesuvan, and Mr Stoofer. Axelrod has 2 votes (Fuldu and EnterYourNameHere).

unvote: Someone, vote: Axelrod
. I know I'm world's scummiest player for switching my vote around all the time, but I want this to be close. Lynch me next round or vig me, but I think we'll get something good out of this round.
Mod
, can we get a count? I've got 3 Axelrod, 3 Someone, 4 Nox, 1 for some randoms.

PPE: My reasons for voting Someone were to 1) make the vote close, hoping that scum would have to weigh in, and 2) thinking that getting Someone close to lynch again might shine some light on yesterday's events.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #324 (isolation #14) » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:36 am

unvote: Axelrod, vote: Someone
to keep it close at 5 and 5.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #336 (isolation #15) » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:46 am

Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #338 (isolation #16) » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:19 am

Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #356 (isolation #17) » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:37 am

unvote: Someone
. If we are assuming that Someone and Nox both aren't scum (which I think is a good assumption, unless they both are), let's start over somewhere completely different.

Vesuvan, what's the case against MeMe? I try not to pick fights with her since it tends to get me killed, and I've always been wrong anyway. I can tell you're trying to be cryptic or something in your last post, but when you use both "Someone" and "someone," I get lost. :( I agree with your
fos: tss and MeMe
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #358 (isolation #18) » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:04 am

I guess it should have been, "what's
your
case against MeMe, Vesuvan?"

I think the reason MeMe drives me nuts is that I've never seen her defend anyone, so she's always got the ability to pounce on the current bandwagon. She also seems good at putting suspicion on other people and knows everything about every game of mafia ever played on every website, which really makes it tough to want to lynch her. I don't know; you all have more experience with her than I do, so I'll accept shutting up for a while.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #373 (isolation #19) » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:45 am

All right, I went back over day one to start from scratch. The silent speaker really stuck out.

First of all, he started the Vesuvan wagon at post 38, over Leonidas, the other lurker, for whatever reason. Second, at post 82 he starts the SaberKitty bandwagon. Later on, he introduces suspicions of both PBug and olio, our two confirmed innocents at post 156. He implicates a third person in that post: me. That makes him 0 for 3 in my books.

Why did I miss this before? Becase he's the one who has been writing the analyses of yesterday's votes. He didn't include himself in them. I find it hard to believe that he can rely so heavily upon them when they would seem to implicate as much as anyone else.
fos: the silent speaker
, still don't know what to make of MeMe.

Also, I don't think Vesuvan is scum, and I think Fuldu's walking on thin ice by asking Vesuvan to help him figure out if MeMe is a power role or not.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #410 (isolation #20) » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:00 am

vote: Mr Stoofer
My trust for Vesuvan and Leonidas outweighs my mistrust of the silent speaker. I would prefer to lynch the silent speaker, but since that probably won't happen, I'll help test other people's theories.

Mr Stoofer, it looks like you're on your way out. I think we've got 5 votes Stoofer, 3 votes Nox (?)
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #411 (isolation #21) » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:02 am

Make that at least 6 votes for Stoofer
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #415 (isolation #22) » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:50 am

Is there anything to the SaberKitty wagon besides just lurking?
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #428 (isolation #23) » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:55 am

Is there any way the bandwagon that formed on SaberKitty yesterday was there to protect Mr Stoofer? Could the scum have known who he was and wanted to keep him alive? I'm thinking this is plausible, and I'm guessing a vigilante took out Stoofer on Leonidas's recommendation.
fos: LoudmouthLee, MeMe, nanook, the silent speaker, Nox

Is there a kill method that matches up with what HyToFry would have done as a serial killer? I don't know who HyToFry is.

HyToFry: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/profile. ... file&u=132
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #429 (isolation #24) » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:07 am

Double post!
Dragon Phoenix wrote:Player name: Mr Stoofer
Night actions: You will take out their eyeballs with your famous two-fingered Hy-original salute. A cop will not be able to detect you.
Well, there goes that theory. Leo is not a cop. But we do know Mr Stoofer killed olio, and no one was shot night 2 (shooting is probably the mafia kill method). Maybe if our doctor were alive, she could tell us who she protected... we do know that SaberKitty defended MeMe somewhat, but that's it, really.

vote: the silent speaker
. Best guess.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #441 (isolation #25) » Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:25 am

A vote from Leonidas goes a long way in my book. As long as Leo keeps picking scum, I'm happy to follow him until the end.
unvote: the silent speaker, vote: Axelrod

I would like to hear from PeaceBringer about his drugs. And who Hey_Herb is. Hey_Herb is the first name mentioned who doesn't actually have a scum account (I think).
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #455 (isolation #26) » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:50 am

I'm assuming Leonidas is a roleblocker who got Stoofer night 1, Axelrod night 2, Stoofer night 3. Axelrod could be the scum who makes the kills. Leonidas is my best bet for a GG. I would feel like one of us is making a mistaking if we're not voting together.

I have major issues with MeMe and Nox right now. I think they're trying to get a bandwagon on me to prevent their scum buddy Axelrod from getting lynched. They will be sorry to hear that I am capable of claiming my role, and many players will confirm it as GG. If you're scum, you're out of luck, and an attempted bandwagon on me is doomed. If you're town, use your energies elsewhere, and start all your theories with "Given that Commodore Amazing isn't scum..."

This last part might be farfetched, but it's possible that the scum have an investigative power like Rolando's, and they knew SaberKitty was "Talitha." That sounds like a pretty good role to lynch, doesn't it? I can't believe Nox is trying to lynch me for voting for the serial killer as opposed to the doctor, and it looks like MeMe is trying to cover for her.

I would like to hear from PeaceBringer.

fos: MeMe, Nox
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #476 (isolation #27) » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:49 am

Are we assuming PeaceBringer can only post once per day? I thought that was only yesterday.

Mod
, I'm going to request a prod on PeaceBringer anyway.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #494 (isolation #28) » Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:14 pm

PeaceBringer, I'm not sure if I believe your acid-trip role so much. If you provide more information to EYNH (or his replacement) about your trip, can he confirm that you're not making this all up?
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #507 (isolation #29) » Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:47 am

I can't think of any reason not to have PB use his ability. Right now, I'm not very sure that PB's abilities are useful or even legitimate. If nothing else, we'd be more confident that he's not scum.

We shoould lynch Axelrod. Leonidas has given us our best lead at this point. He found the SK; let's see if he has picked a scum too. We need to start voting.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #513 (isolation #30) » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:37 am

Can we stop voting for me now? I'm Cadmium, vigilante. I killed Stoofer last night with foul cheese. I had no qualms about any of you calling me scummy yesterday since I knew I'd be cleared today. Hopefully the scum will have a lot on their hands with PeaceBringer and mikehart that some cleared townies will make it through tomorrow. I wouldn't have claimed now, except there's a deadline, and I think the bandwagon for SaberKitty turned pretty fast from the Stoofer bandwagon yesterday.

Now, can we please lynch Axelrod? I don't think we have any other good leads.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #518 (isolation #31) » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:31 am

I don't understand why I would have hinted at my role. I had no intention of getting nightkilled or roleblocked. The only thing I posted that might be construed as a hint is when I said I thought "mith" was a power townie role when rolando brought him up, not a scum role. Cadmium's a hot shot here. It doesn't get much hotter than mith. Thus, I think mith is also a power role.

I said "many people" could confirm my claim, when in fact, everyone can (at least, they can get pretty close). I didn't want to give out too much of my role when I said that, but I was hoping we could use our collective detective powers on someone other than me.

Here we go. Here's me trying to be Leonidas:
Night one - block Stoofer. Why? Random
Day one - I have no idea what to do. I guess I'll just vote random.
Night two - Still no idea. Axelrod's kinda odd. Let's try blocking him.
Day two - A new kill? Huh. Maybe I prevented Stoofer from killing night one. I'll vote for him. I'll say it's based "on guts" since I don't want to give away my role.
Night three - Crap. Stoofer's still alive. Better block him again.
Day three - Now that Stoofer's dead and scum, maybe I'm on to something. I guess I'll vote for Axelrod.

It may be unlikely that Stoofer got lucky and hit a SK and the killing scum, but there is no fault in his logic in blocking and voting the way he did. Yes, I admit that I am voting for you solely based on this. Yes, I might be wrong about Leo's role, but I don't want to make him say anything if he's figured you out for some other reason. I'm happy speaking for him and presenting a possible scenario in which he can confirm that you are scum. He seems pretty confident that you're scum, and if he's wrong, he's got a lot to answer for tomorrow. Leo, if you're just yanking us around here, we ought to know.

Axelrod, if you really are not just a vanilla role, you might as well claim your whole role, especially if you have hinted at it. If you don't, I'll try and see if I can figure it out, but mafia heads working together will get there faster than I will. Also, you can trust me that I'm vig. If you think PB and EYNH are also cleared, then there is a lot on the mafia's plate for the night. It's also possible that Leo's got a power role and interpreted his results wrong, so there's another person who the scum might want to kill. I am asking you to claim.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #529 (isolation #32) » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:37 am

MeMe, I just hugged my computer monitor and kissed your little green avatar.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #533 (isolation #33) » Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:32 am

Dragon Phoenix wrote:Several of the actual participants of JeepFest are left out of the players, something the baddies are aware of. This should spoil any suggestions of an early mass claim.
I am assuming Antrax was one of the names DP left out. If rolando were still alive, it's possible he'd know whether or not Axelrod was lying or not about being Antrax. Hence, the scum killed him. rolando did not tell us who mith was, but I assume mith is a good guy.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #543 (isolation #34) » Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:43 am

Okay, MeMe has essentially claimed. I'm curious what the extent of her abilities are, though she probably knows better whether to tell us what they are or not.

I'm very inclined to trust Leo, Fuldu, and (to some extent) MeMe here. Fuldu went after Axelrod pretty hard in the first and third days. LoudmouthLee went after Axelrod pretty hard earlier this game. He either got lucky that no one went along with him, or he's probably clean too.

My number one person to lynch is Nox. She went after me when Axelrod was getting votes yesterday. Axelrod was also eager to accept Vesuvan's, Someone's, and Nox's claims. Axelrod also joined a Someone bandwagon to save (?) Nox.

I'm going to wait to hear from the other power roles / confirmed good guys before I vote.

I did not attempt to vig anyone last night.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #560 (isolation #35) » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:00 am

The Shadow wrote:I found he had not voted Axelrod till fairly late and had completely ignored the initial action against Axelrod.
This seems like a good reason to vote for tss. the silent speaker has been hiding behind his theories this whole game; several people seem to buy them as a defense for him not being scum. I don't. They seem to work pretty badly: they have implicated me very strongly, they got him to be suspicious of PBuG and olio on day one, and they never really pointed at Axelrod. The only two people he has put pressure on that I don't feel are safe are The Shadow and EYNH/mikehart. Otherwise, it has been Fuldu, me, Leonidas, Vesuvan, SaberKitty, and Stoofer (another good person for scum to go after). I'd also like to know why he's so sure LoudmouthLee isn't scum. It's defense time, the silent speaker.

@Fuldu: Why do you think that mith would be scum with Antrax?
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #562 (isolation #36) » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:44 am

unvote: the silent speaker

For now, I trust Fuldu. Here's some evidence against MeMe and Leo, who I think might have been playing me.

The first quick one is that Leonidas might not have realized that Stoofer couldn't be seen as scum, and wanted to act like he was cop, and by sacrificing Axelrod, he and MeMe were gaining the trust of the town.

The second one is that MeMe is probably mith. rolandofthewhite voted for MeMe somewhere back there and said, "She knows why." MeMe said, "No you don't." Shortly after, rolandofthewhite brought up that whole thing about "Is 'mith' scum?" Meme said, "No, probably not." I said, "No, probably not," since I was thinking mith wouldn't be scum, just like Cadmium isn't scum. Fuldu seems to think this is wrong. I would like to know Fuldu thinks this is wrong.

Third, I don't know why I wasn't killed or Leo wasn't killed last night. I think this might be because Leo is scum, and I was clearly Leo's lackey. Not anymore. I want to hear Leo explain himself.

@Fuldu - you've claimed. Who did you roleblock each day?

I'm going to go back and find the posts where rolando hints that MeMe is mith.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #563 (isolation #37) » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:59 am

Double post!

Here's some summary-
Day 2, posts 214-217

rolandofthewhite: I have my reasons for voting MeMe. Or at least I think I do. :?
MeMe: You don’t.
Rolandofthewhite: Are you so sure?
MeMe: Quite. I get it, though.

Day 2, starting at post 278 (same day, a week real time later)

rolandofthewhite: Would you consider the role name of "mith" to be scum?
LoudmouthLee: No
Fuldu: You’re scummy, rolandofthewhite.
MeMe: No, not scum.
rolandofthewhite: All right, I’ll drop it.
Commodore Amazing: No, not scum. Probably power townie.
Vesuvan: Maybe, maybe not. Almost certainly powerful.
Axelrod: Could be scum. Could be power role. Keep quiet, rolandofthewhite.

MeMe is probably mith, and it's looking more like Meme is scum. It took me a while to figure this out. It looks like Fuldu figured this out too. I would guess that if Fuldu was scum, he would have offed MeMe at night.

Why are so many power roles alive? Our doctor is dead.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #592 (isolation #38) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:32 am

Fuldu, who did you roleblock before? If there's a reason you don't want to give out all your role information, tell us. Otherwise, I don't see why you shouldn't just give us your full claim with character name and all. It might help us figure out why there were fewer kills earlier.
Someone wrote:A) Did roland ever reveal who "mith" was? Do we know who it is? If so, has this person claimed outright?
B) Is PB confirmed in any way as post restricted? How do we know he's not mafia?
C) Besides mith and jeep, are there any other possibility of mafians with anthrax that would make thematic sense?
A) No. I have suggested that MeMe is mith. No one has claimed mith.
B) No. We don't.
C) None have been proposed.

I hear MeMe's arguments about why she's not scum, and I think she's doing a good job with them. But I also thought Axelrod was doing a good job up until his demise. I think rolandofthewhite would have wanted us all to lynch MeMe.

vote: MeMe

I think we have better things to do than go after a lurker. Pro-town lurkers are cheap ways for scum to get out of lynches.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #599 (isolation #39) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:56 am

Fuldu wrote:Night 3 - somebody other than Stoofer; I'm not going to say who because then scum know that they didn't prevent the Stoofer kill, either. No reason to make it easier for them to narrow down targets.
There is nothing in my role that states I would block Stoofer when I vigged him, but DP might have done that himself. Why did you block MeMe? You had no reason to be suspicious of her there, right? Why not block Leonidas?
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #601 (isolation #40) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:48 am

unvote: MeMe
, assuming that she can expose Fuldu's role.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #604 (isolation #41) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:43 am

Hrm. Even if Fuldu can confirm that MeMe knows his role name, MeMe could still be scum. We agreed that if mith were scum, it would be a powerful one. So far, every role that has been revealed, except for maybe PeaceBringer's, would be useful to the scum. Talitha/Doctor, Cadmium/vigilante, X/Role-blocker, and Mackay/role-name finder are all good for scum to have.

There were also ideas at the beginning of yesterday that if Axelrod was scum, we'd be more inclined to think that MeMe was. These were Vesuvan's ideas...

(sorry, DP)

I continue to be surprised that people accuse me of being scum. Vig scum does not make sense. The only way I could be more clear is if a sane cop asked about me and died. Or if I were in a mason group with you. I am not going out of the way to make you think I'm not scum. If I were really scum, and MeMe/mith was not scum with me, I would not have announced to the town that I thought she was mith. I would have just nightkilled her.

Half our remaining players have claimed (MeMe, me, Nox, Someone, PB, and Fuldu). Nox is the shadiest claimed character to me after MeMe, largely for her and Axelrod deflecting bandwagons off each other. Anyone know anything about a connection between PolarBoy and Antrax?
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #611 (isolation #42) » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:08 am

Okay, MeMe's probably not scum. Sorry, MeMe. I guess it's back to bandwagoning with Leonidas and Fuldu.
unvote: MeMe, vote: mikehart

Mod
, can we get a vote count please?
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #636 (isolation #43) » Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:17 am

unvote: inhimshallibe

The Shadow, I wouldn't be too upset if we lynched you today. If you weren't already two away from lynch, I'd put you there. I would like a claim first.
the silent speaker wrote:I find it very unlikely the PM would say "Pooky" rather than the full PookyTheMagicalBear" to begin with, much less a gross error in spelling. But then, why can't he use his real role name, if he invented Pooky's?
I believe at GL, Pooky is just "Pooky," and it's only on mafiascum that he's got the whole Magical Bear thing going on.

However, I still find Nanook to be a shifty individual.
In the rules, Dragon Phoenix wrote:[10] It is risky to lynch someone based on spelling errors in their role name. I have been known to make some in the set-up of my games.
... Even so, I think Nanook could be making "Pookie" up. You would think he would have looked into Pooky's posts by now, at least to find something out about him. Maybe to compare with the other vanilla townies that are claimed. If he had done that, he would see that his role is spelled wrong, and he would have said something about that right away. It seems like he's anticipating getting called out for a misspelled name, but then he can point to the rules, and say, "See! I'm not scum just because Pooky is spelled wrong!" You know, to make his claim more believable.

fos: NanookTheWolf
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #640 (isolation #44) » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:29 am

If we think inhim is jeep based on PB's visions, we should lynch inhim.
inhim wrote:I can see how the "crosses" sort of connect, but the colors don't make much sense to me.
He didn't mention the whole greeting thing. Or the diesel fumes. Oh, hold on. Diesel fumes? "Jeep?" Gasoline? Automobiles? Anyone?

So many good lynch candidates. I can't choose just one.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #645 (isolation #45) » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:20 am

In post 624, inhimshallibe wrote:I can see how the "crosses" sort of connect, but the colors don't make much sense to me.
inhimshallibe wrote:I'm Jeep.
How do the crosses connect?
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #647 (isolation #46) » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:29 am

Why did you call PeaceBringer's role easy to fake, when the crosses made it seem like it could be legitimate?

Why didn't you mention the greeting thing or the diesel fumes in PB's visions?
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #649 (isolation #47) » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:10 am

I think we'll take a closer look at inhimshallibe tomorrow.

vote: The Shadow
. One more to lynch. Or just wait until this evening.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #661 (isolation #48) » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:35 am

We've got an even number here. What do we think about voting no lynch? Save that for tomorrow? How many scum do we think are left? If there are four left, we should go no lynch today.

1. Someone - MatthewV
3. NanookTheWolf - Pookie
4. MeMe - mith
7. LoudmouthLee -?

12. PeaceBringer - Hey_Herb
14. Leonidas - ?

16. inHimshallibe - jeep
17. Commodore Amazing - Cadmium
18. the silent speaker - ?

20. Nox - Polarboy

Everyone's got an eye on inHimshallibe, right? So inHim, please explain why we shouldn't lynch you. I would have liked to have vigged you last night, but I didn't know if you were worth keeping around.

Curious to hear from both MeMe and PeaceBringer...
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #665 (isolation #49) » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:06 am

I very strongly think two of our scum are Someone and NanookTheWolf.

vote: NanookTheWolf

He has claimed vanilla townie. All the townies that have come up so far have been people who were not at jeepfest. HezLucky, Foolster, Ataraxy, and Phoebus weren't there (as far as I know; I'm working off this: https://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/jeepfest). Why would Pooky be in this group?

Look at our power roles so far: Talitha, nonny, mackay, (Cadmium if you believe me, mith if you believe MeMe, Hey_Herb if you believe PeaceBringer). Participants at jeepfest. Why are all these roles, but Pooky is just a townie?
Dragon Phoenix wrote:The player names are a mix of names of people who will attend the actual party and other well-known names from one (or both) of the two sites.
Several of the actual participants of JeepFest are left out of the players, something the baddies are aware of.
Nanook has used the safe claim that he was given, but he claimed it was just vanilla townie. From the wiki, it looks like Pooky was having a pretty good time there, playing Risk and all. Doesn't seem like a vanilla townie to me.

As for Nox and Someone, Polarboy is a non-attendee, as far as I know. I'll let Nox slide for now. MatthewV was actually at jeepfest. Someone claimed vanilla townie.
Huge FoS: Someone

If we trust PeaceBringer, inHimshallibe is probably jeep, so he's probably clean.

If this theory holds, we have some pretty clean people:
Me
MeMe
PeaceBringer
inHimshallibe

MeMe has investigated one other person; hopefully PeaceBringer has done this as well. Between the two of them, we should be able to find out who Leonidas, LoudmouthLee, and the silent speaker are. I'm inclined to think LoudmouthLee is okay at this point. It's his suggestion that there were too many vanilla townies that made me come up with this theory.

We should definitely lynch Nanook to see if this theory holds water. We're in really good shape if it does.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #667 (isolation #50) » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:37 am

Ah, crap. Just realized Hez_Lucky was BK, not the other way around. My theory might be way off now.

unvote: NanookTheWolf

PeaceBringer's vision may confirm "Polarboy." I really wish he had tripped on someone whose role we didn't know yet.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #670 (isolation #51) » Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:16 am

vote: NanookTheWolf

Even though big_kahunia was a townie, I still don't think that Pooky would be just a townie. This could change based on inHimshallibe's claim.

MeMe, I'd like to know whose role you can confirm. And can you give the flavor on your role? I'll give you mine, if you want it.
MeMe wrote:The name I found could, in my opinion, go either way -- I'm wondering if it's worthwhile to just say it aloud to see what everyone thinks.
I would like to hear it. My current suspicions are all based on the fact that you're really a good guy. I'd like to get that confirmed. Plus, if you get nightkilled, we'll know that whoever claims the role you've come up with isn't lying about it. None of Leonidas, LML, or tss is an urgent lynch in my eyes, so it wouldn't really bother me if you withheld the name of the person you investigated.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #674 (isolation #52) » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:28 am

Claim, please, inHimshallibe. I think the lynch is between you and Nanook.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #683 (isolation #53) » Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:16 am

I don't think inHim should save Nanook here. inHim has made a pretty bold claim, and I don't see any reason to disbelieve it. If we turn out wrong about Nanook, we'll have to consider using inHim's ability next round (when we might want to not lynch anyways).

One more thing before we lynch: we need to decide if we want MeMe to give the role name of the person who she investigated. I very much think we should. It helps confirm MeMe (she's clever enough to have guessed nonny in Fuldu's case, even though she was never forced to say it), and it can direct us in who we want to vote for if she is night-killed. And with a 1 in 3 chance of getting nailed by MeMe if they fake a claim, I don't think Leo, tss, or LML are going to do that, so we're not really losing anything against them.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #692 (isolation #54) » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:57 am

I find it very likely that Werebear is scum. Leonidas is now number 2 on the group of people I would like to lynch.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #694 (isolation #55) » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:50 am

Clearly, we have an all bear mafia. All we need to do is find the Antrax connection and realize that PolarBoy is a coverup for "PolarBear."
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #699 (isolation #56) » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:27 am

Nanook, do you think that Leonidas is scum? It seems like you might have wanted to comment on that one. If you were pro-town, that is.

Leonidas, do you feel like checking in before we lynch your scum buddy? Maybe propose to MeMe? Perhaps pick a fight with someone new since you've killed off your old sparring partner, Fuldu?
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #712 (isolation #57) » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:45 am

I say we lynch Nanook good and dead. I don't know what the heck tss is talking about with only one of MeMe or inHim being cleared. I'd expect mith and jeep to be on the same side.

I will not vig inHim or anyone else based solely on tss's analysis.

We may want to "no-lynch" at some point. Then, we can pick our best lynch candidate and test inHim's ability at the same time. If we screw up in one way, maybe the other option will keep us alive.

Still waiting on Leonidas.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #742 (isolation #58) » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:54 am

Someone - MatthewV - townie
MeMe - mith - copies night-killed pro-town role
LoudmouthLee - ? - ?
Leonidas - Werebear - ?
inHimshallibe - jeep - stops lynch
Commodore Amazing - Cadmium - vigilante
the silent speaker - Internet Stranger (from MeMe, not yet confirmed by tss) - ?
Nox - PolarBoy - townie

Might as well hear LoudmouthLee claim, am I right? We're guessing three scum in this group? With PeaceBringer confirmed, I'm feeling pretty good about Nox.
With regards to Nox, Hey_Herb/PeaceBringer wrote:then vast ranges of snow then ice ...
The last thing is a human shape which is just sitting still.
Sounds like it could be PolarBoy, and sounds like it could be a vanilla townie.

Just so everyone knows, I was only a one-shot vigilante. I can't kill anyone anymore. I was leaving this out there so maybe the scum would kill me and leave more valuable power roles out there. I figure it probably would have been brought up today. I hope no one wants to lynch me for not saying this sooner. I imagine the scum had figured it out already, or else they are blocking me.

The plan for today is to lynch AND use inHim's ability, right?

I've been really bad about getting scum this game. I'm going to do a reread.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #748 (isolation #59) » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:23 am

Nox wrote:And how are we to lynch AND use inHim's ability?
Well, we want to get our lynch correct anyways. So we'll go along trying to get that right. Then inHim will use his ability. If he can't use it, we probably lynch him the next day. Hopefully the person we lynch turns out scum. If he can use it, then we're no worse off (it's like we did a no lynch scenario).
MeMe wrote:I think the first order of business is to get a claim from Lee and an ability from Leo.
And an ability from tss.

tss, what does DPTA mean? And why does Lee HAVE to be scum?
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #757 (isolation #60) » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:54 am

MeMe wrote:Is tonight one of the "every other" nights you're able to block?
I think I see where you're going with this, but I'd rather see if he can prove his role a different way than going with this plan. LML, please try to confirm yourself before answering this question.

Leonidas and tss, you're not gaining any points by waiting for other people to role-claim before you role-claim.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #760 (isolation #61) » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:14 am

Fuldu may have been responsible for stopping the kill on Night 2. He blocked Axelrod. I'm heading back to the thread to see if I think LML would have blocked tss night 2.

I'd like to to be known that every time I reread the thread, I become more and more suspicious of MeMe.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #764 (isolation #62) » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:34 am

The only reason I can think of for the silent speaker making that post is to get himself lynched as opposed to one of his scum buddies. I don't think anything in his claim is consistant with what he's done in this game. I am eager to lynch him twice.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #767 (isolation #63) » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:02 am

I'm not saying LoudmouthLee isn't also scum. He certainly has some explaining to do. Maybe you're trying to separate yourself from your scum buddy. But if you were really cop, and you were night-killed, you would have doomed us if you had the results you claim you got.
Long after he claimed to have got a guilty result on LoudmouthLee and MeMe, the silent speaker wrote:My thoughts on everybody:
1. Someone -- okay, is there anyone still alive who
doesn't
believe him?
4. MeMe -- as I said before, either never always trust MeMe or never trust MeMe. I believe her to be town.
7. LoudmouthLee -- very likely town.

14. Leonidas -- seems to be our blocker, and thus town.
16. EnterMikehart'sNameHere -- I recall finding EYNH rather scummy before, and most of the remaining alives are people I find specifically not, but we can spare him the rope to hang himself.
17. Commodore Amazing -- almost certainly town.
18. the silent speaker -- you tell me. :wink:
20. Nox -- has claimed and
wasn't
horribly scummy, but there's her voting yesterday to consider, too. Another maybe.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #771 (isolation #64) » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:48 am

What is the flavor of your role, tss? Why is Internet Stranger a cop?

And why wait until now to reveal anything? It's lynch or lose now. Also, why did you wait so long to claim today?

You said:
the silent speaker wrote:I am indeed Internet Stranger. And now I don't know what to think, except that Lee pretty much has to be scum.
You didn't mention MeMe here. That is strange.

Earlier, you said:
the silent speaker wrote:Yesterday I was sure that at least one of The Shadow and inHimshallibe were mafia, and I stand by that. The Shadow was not mafia.
Where does this come from? You hadn't investigated The Shadow.

This doesn't fit into your cop investigations at all:
I checked a couple of things, and Fuldu's last post told me all I needed to know.
Unvote: Mr Stoofer, vote: SaberKitty
and come what may there should be two more scum to bag tomorrow.
Your analyses make it look like you've been a townie who didn't know anything. Generally, cops try to get their information out there so if they die, their investigations weren't wasted. You didn't seem to do any of that.

Day one, you only referenced MeMe by agreeing with her. What's that about? Did you think you were insane that soon? How do you explain MeMe's ability to know other player's roles?

I probably won't be able to check my computer until next Monday. Until then,
, and I would like inHim to use his ability.

Pre-Preview Edit: LoudmouthLee, I expect that whoever you try to roleblock will die tonight. Let's see what Leonidas has for us.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #793 (isolation #65) » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:23 am

unvote: the silent speaker
. MeMe, I am rather surprised that you unvoted tss when in your eyes, he obviously has to be scum. It's very possible that Leonidas missed the fact that I'm a one-shot vig. He has been absent this entire day. More later.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #804 (isolation #66) » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:46 am

Why can't tss be scum with Lee? That's my working theory.

I agree with Lee that rereading the thread knowing that Axelrod is scum makes tss look bad and LoudmouthLee look good.

Lee, HOW can you prove your role tonight? If it's by blocking MeMe, that's nice and all, but MeMe doesn't seem to think you're scum anyway. There seem to be at least a couple of people here who don't want to take MeMe's word on things.

Leonidas, I'm not going to excuse for being lazy at this point, so it's time to get your act together. Are we going to get a claim out of you?
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #814 (isolation #67) » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:14 am

After me, I believe Nox is the second closest thing we have to confirmed good guy. Nox claimed vanilla townie, and PeaceBringer's visions seemed to match that. It's really looking like MeMe is trying to garner up more votes here.

I really screwed up recently in another game where I thought a claimed cop could not be a cop because he didn't act the way I would have if I had been the cop... I don't want to repeat that mistake again with tss.

I'm going to have to think about this some more...
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #816 (isolation #68) » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:58 am

Huh, I just googled PeaceBringer’s song fragments for “Peanuts – very fine” and got the Beatles’ “Drive My Car.” Coincidence? Didn't really find anything interesting in Nox's song, though.

Cases Against – Round One; I will probably add to this. In order of scumminess, we have:

The silent speaker (IS, cop) – his play doesn’t seem to match how I would play a cop; the way he answers votes against him is along the lines of “there has to be a cop in this game” and “my role is more likely than Samadhi’s role” rather than explaining why he investigated the people he investigated. Slow to claim; could have been waiting to see if there was another cop.

LoudmouthLee (Samadhi, every other night roleblocker) – role sort of makes sense as scum with Antrax (according to Leonidas), there has already been one roleblocker in this game; claims to have gone after Axelrod the entire game when he actually went on Someone’s bandwagon when tss told everyone to vote for; FoSed Axelrod quite a bit after day one, but never voted for him until he was essentially unmasked by MeMe; has pointed at Leo, TSS, and inHim, abandoning his theory that there can’t be this many vanilla townies (this was before Leo claimed); claims to be able to confirm his role, although I don't see how this is possible

MeMe (mith, takes dead people’s abilities) – shouldn’t still be alive (WIFOM, I know), seems scummy every time I go back through the thread, could easily have a role where she takes the role of someone she has killed during the night (seems probable; mith would probably have a strong role); showed off that she had a power role when Fuldu blocked her night action; was attached to LoumouthLee early when Lee said he wouldn’t consider mith a scummy name; Axelrod told roland to keep quiet about mith’s identity; it would still be a mystery if I hadn’t called her out

Someone (MatthewV, townie) – rather lurky recently, but has posted in the vacation thread that he would be absent for a while; voted for himself a while back, though Axelrod was the first to unvote him for that display of selflessness

Leonidas (Werebear, townie) – dodgy about his claim; has lurked quite a bit; pretended to have Fuldu’s role for some time

inHimshallibe (jeep, lynch stopper) – wasn’t quick to confirm that he was jeep after PeaceBringer’s vision; called PeaceBringer’s role easy to fake; acted as if the trip could only sort of confirm PB.

Nox (Polarboy, townie) – seems somewhat indifferent to where the game is going; defended Axelrod a while back; has been all but confirmed by PeaceBringer. Least likely scum, in my opinion.

Commodore Amazing (Cadmium, one-shot vigilante) - I don’t know what the case is against me. People talk to me like I’m the swing vote.

I'm starting to think we should go no lynch. This is partly because I expect to get night-killed, and I don't trust myself to make this decision.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #822 (isolation #69) » Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:55 am

Dragon Phoenix wrote:Player name: peacebringer
Role name: HEY_HERB
Generic role: JUNKIE
Flavour: You are the co-host and determined to do all you can to stop this killing. People think you chose your screen name because your name is Herb. No. You are actually called Charlie but your love of "the herb" made you opt for H_H. Now it is time to take it one step further. Every night if you want to, you can pick a name, take a shit load of LSD, and get a strange vision of the player you chose, which will be related to his/her actions that night. The effects of the vision (and the drugs) leave you whacked out all day, so you're only allowed to make one post. If you choose to not use your ability at night, you can post freely.
Night actions: every night if you want you can send me an IM with the name of one player you want to get a vision of. Take care of your restriction if you do so, as I will modkill you straight away the first time you go wrong.
MeMe wrote:Please read the Hey_Herb role PM. It doesn't have to do with
role potential
, it has to do with
night actions
. So, if Nox is scum but isn't the one who performed the kill when PB checked her, she'd simply look like she's not doing anything bad that particular night.
The role PM also doesn't say anything about giving clues about the role name of the person investigated, but there are clearly links between jeep and Polarboy and the trips that PeaceBringer saw. You're making PeaceBringer's role sound weaker than it is to discredit Nox...
MeMe wrote: we also had a pretty strong nightwatch role (Hey_Herb)
... but then you go and say that it was a strong role to discredit the silent speaker.

I don't really find Leo all that scummy. I think he makes a good point that Axelrod may have clued you in on the whole COP/DOC thing. It was almost too perfect.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #827 (isolation #70) » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:51 am

MeMe wrote:
LoudmouthLee wrote:Give me a chance to prove my role.
The only irrefutable proof would be if you block scum, so I hope that's what you're planning to try.
It would be nice to have Lee block scum, but it's not irrefutable. If Lee's scum, the scum can opt not to kill. You shouldn't have missed this...

I'm leaning towards lynching Lee and having inHim save him. It's hard for me to hold Leo at fault for changing his mind, since I'm doing the same thing. I'm pretty ready to vote.

Someone might mave to get replaced... he's been offline for a while now in another game.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #830 (isolation #71) » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:15 am

inHimshallibe wrote:What if it's tss, LML, MeMe?
It's definitely possible. I was thinking it was both tss and Lee for a while, and now I'm starting to think MeMe's in on it too.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #849 (isolation #72) » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:59 am

Just checking in to not vote. In case that matters later. I really have to think about this. I promise I'll tell you before I cast a vote.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #876 (isolation #73) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:09 am

I just don't understand why MeMe would be going after Leonidas like this if she were scum or town. It's clear that at least one of TSS and Lee is scum, and we should be going after one of them. And offering herself up to get lynched instead of Lee doesn't make much sense to me either. From her perspective, what if tss and Lee are both scum?

I say lynch Lee.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #879 (isolation #74) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:23 am

Gotcha, MeMe. I'm not relying on tss's results here; I'm relying on the fact that Lee says he blocked tss, and tss says he didn't. That makes it a lot more obvious that one of them is scum than tss's claim.

I say both Lee, tss, and someone else. Don't know who the third is yet. Honestly, if it's Lee and tss, MeMe's probably clear. Lee would have claimed his sketchy role name out of fear that MeMe would get it tomorrow. I don't like either Lee's claim or tss's claim.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #885 (isolation #75) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:45 am

MeMe wrote:
Commodore Amazing wrote:I'm not relying on tss's results here; I'm relying on the fact that Lee says he blocked tss, and tss says he didn't. That makes it a lot more obvious that one of them is scum than tss's claim.
Ah. OK.

But if you think Lee and tss are together, how would it make sense that they'd contradict each other? And why would tss claim a guilty investigation on Lee?
Come on, MeMe. You don't need me to answer this for you. Scum only needs one wrong lynch at this point. If there are three left, they can definitely sacrifice one of them. If tss does a fake cop claim, he wants at least one scum on the group that he claims he investigated. This way, if his claim fails, people are less inclined to lynch the people that he said were scum (Lee and MeMe). If his claim succeeds, and we lynch the person that isn't scum (say it's MeMe), then the scum win. If his claim succeeds, and we lynch the person that is scum (say it's Lee), then tss says, "See? I was right!" And then we lynch MeMe, and the scum wins.

Here's how I look at it:

tss and Lee contradict each other. That gives each of them a 50% chance of being scum if onee of them is telling the truth. HOWEVER, there is also a chance that both tss and Lee are scum. So it's actually a better than 50-50 shot that tss or Lee is scum. This is better than the 50-50 shot we have by lynching MeMe.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #891 (isolation #76) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:20 am

MeMe wrote:I also see how tss & Lee could be on opposite sides and how, if we lynch the wrong one, we're in trouble.

Can we talk through who's likely to be partnered with each and see if there are any crossovers? That person (or persons) being prime suspects makes a
lot
of sense to me.
MeMe, you are the most likely person to be scum with a Lee / tss combination. You keep suggesting people to lynch other than the two of them. Like this post right here.

If MeMe is scum, inHim is probably not scum. MeMe would probably know that inHim is telling the truth about his ability, so she wouldn't need to worry about offering herself up as a test subject for it.

If Leo is scum, tss is probably scum. Werebear as godfather?????
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #895 (isolation #77) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:43 am

Leonidas wrote:Nox - if you prefer MeMe over LML, I'll switch back. It's indifferent, but given MeMe's ability to influence CA, we'd be better off without her.
If MeMe's going to keep me around, that's great. It seems like everyone knows I'm confirmed by now.

Post 870 was really good, Leo. Sorry it took me a couple of times to read it before I got it. Just going to do one last read-through before I place a vote on Lee, thinking that MeMe/inHim/Lee/Axelrod is the mafia, and if that makes some sort of sense.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #898 (isolation #78) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:52 am

Also going to wait from inHim before I vote. Seems like a good idea.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #900 (isolation #79) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:02 am

Yeah, I totally lied about Someone posting the vacation thread. That was in June or something.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #904 (isolation #80) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:40 am

Okay, so we lynch you, MeMe. Leo wanted to do this before. It was I who insisted on Lee. If we're wrong about you, MeMe, then all your hopes rest in Lee.

I guess it is the better play... but I don't think it really matters.

Sorry about the Someone thing.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #908 (isolation #81) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:51 am

Even number means that you usually no lynch. If someone wants to dispute that, we should be lynching that person. If you can really cause a no lynch, now is the time to do it. Please use your ability so we can lynch MeMe. Hooray!
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #910 (isolation #82) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:55 am

That's the one thing I am sure of.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #915 (isolation #83) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:44 pm

You fought the good fight, MeMe. Whether you're scum or not.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #917 (isolation #84) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:39 pm

Please stop banging your head against the wall. The thing that I am sure of is that inHim should try using his ability. You want me to unvote until Someone/replacement gets back? Sounds just fine. My mind's pretty made up, though.
unvote: MeMe
. I'm pretty fine waiting for now.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #961 (isolation #85) » Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:49 am

MeMe wrote:You (Leonidas), on the other hand, have been on almost everyone's radar for several infractions against innocent play.
Almost everyone who has been suspicious of you has been night-killed. Vesuvan and Fuldu, for two. roland investigated you. I'm voting for MeMe, d8P.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #964 (isolation #86) » Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:26 am

Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #966 (isolation #87) » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:10 am

I don't think so.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #968 (isolation #88) » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:28 am

I was listening to Jack Black's band, Tenacious D, last night, and I thought of this game. I believe music will show us the way to truth. Lyrics edited from the song "Lee." Apologies to those who have never heard the song before.

Lee, Lee, Lee, Lee,
Lee Lee Lee Lee Lee Lee Lee Lee Lee,
We're talkin' LoudmouthLee.
I had a friend named Lee,
But he turned out to be scummy.
If MeMe and Lee and shallibe were three,
I’d give a hand to the other Lee (onidas),
So listen, tss and d8P:
I propose we lynch MeMe
Then Lee Lee Lee, Lee Lee Lee,
Lee Lee,
Lee Lee Lee, Lee Lee Lee,
Lee Lee,
Le-Lut-Le-Le-Le-Lee Lee Lee,
Le-Lut-Le-Le-Le-Lee Lee,
If MeMe, and Lee, and shallibe, (that’s inHim)
Could be three, (could be three)
Lynch MeMe, (lynch MeMe)
And then Lee, (and then Lee)
And then Lee, (Lee)
And then Lee!
Lee, Lee, Lee:
Leeee, Leeee, Leeee:
LEE!

(and, yes, contrary to some of my posting, I am still taking this game seriously. I really think lynching MeMe is the right thing to do.)
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #980 (isolation #89) » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:56 am

LoudmouthLee wrote:#2) I believe, as of right now, TSS to be INNOCENT. I believe he's a victim of a BAD ROLE. So, by voting NO LYNCH, I'll be able to successfully block TSS. This way, my role can be proven, and we can go from there. I'd rather dispel the fact that BOTH MeMe and I are scum (Logically, A^B), for I know that the subset of B (me being scum) is definately wrong.
The reason we're not going no lynch is because we want to test inHim. It seems more important to test inHim's ability than yours. It does indeed cost us something to no lynch and test your ability.

We can also test yours if the MeMe does turn out to be scum, or if inHim's ability goes through. If MeMe is scum, I think you should block tss to prove that you've got an ability, otherwise we're lynching you. If MeMe is saved by inHim, same thing; prove yourself to tss. If MeMe turns out to be town, and not saved by inHim, block someone else.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #986 (isolation #90) » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:24 am

I don't think that Lee could have possibly made that mistake as town. From his perspective, he must have known that tss was scum. All this pretending to be pro-town has taken a lot out of him. I still think it's a good idea to have inHim save. I don't see why we'd want to use his ability later in the game, and I think we want to confirm his ability ASAP.

unvote: MeMe, vote: LoudmouthLee
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #1061 (isolation #91) » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:44 am

This is probably my favorite game I've done on this site. All the scum definitely had me going for a LONG time. It got to the point where I had to just stop reading Lee's and MeMe's posts if I was going to keep myself sane through that last day I was in.

This is the PM I sent to DP when I finally killed Mr Stoofer:
Commodore Amazing wrote:Hi, Dragon Phoenix.

Cadmium does not feel this game is going well for his team, and he would like to use his cheese of doom on
the silent speaker
MeMe
NanooktheWolf
LoudmouthLee
Mr Stoofer.

one-shot vig: Mr Stoofer
. That is my final answer.

This is going to be either very good or very bad.
I don't remember why I wanted to kill all those different people; I just remember being suspicious of MeMe, Nanook, and tss throughout most of the game. I don't remember what I had against LML at that point. Mr Stoofer was another one of those players that I just had to stop reading his posts, otherwise I'd get cold feet about using my one shot on him. Does anyone else ever do that? For the sake of your sanity, you just assume someone is scum, and don't even listen to them before you lynch them? I think I might have been doing that with tss at some point.

Leonidas, you are a good townie to have around. I'm glad I didn't use my one shot to take you out for retaliation for PeaceCity. :wink:

Great game, all. :)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”