Newbie 1076: Day Three

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 11:06 am

Post by Glass »

Didn't mean that in the way you may have taken it >_>
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 11:29 am

Post by Glass »

btw, 95% sure oto is town. Not sure who is scum between bump and oli.
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 2:44 pm

Post by Olinea »

MrBump wrote:Olinea/Hoppster is most likely now. I feel like an idiot over Otolia now, and it is worth noting Olinea posted his ridiculously short ISO (no offence, I made a short one on Otolia too :P) after Hoppster claimed scum, as if it was a poor attempt to gain TownPoints. More likely, it was an answer to my request to see amazing pictures.

I'm sorry, are you serious?

I gather that you somehow think I drummed up an incomplete ISO to make a case on someone who was hammered already, is this correct? How does posting my unfinished case on Hoppster somehow translate to feebly flailing to buy myself towncred? I've said that the ISO was incomplete, you realize -- and, contrary to what you seem to be making it out to be -- my absence was due to study sessions for Chem and Physics -- I'd be uploading pictures of the notes if I were so inclined but my dorm room is a
mess
and I can't find the cable >_>.

Yes. I posted this unfinished ISO after Hoppster was hammered. Did you think that Hoppster claiming scum post-lynch would be the final nail in the coffin to spur me into posting it? No. Hoppster's been confirmed scum to me ever since I saw no traces of a quickhammer after my vote. I didn't need a case to prove it to myself.

In addition, your immediate reversal from...

MrBump wrote:ProTip: Otolia is scum.

...to...

MrBump wrote:Olinea/Hoppster is most likely now.

... comes across as a feeble way of throwing what little of a case you possibly can against me in preparation for LyLo. Your only evidence for your sudden switch from Otolia, the person who you voted in LyLo, the person who has consistently stayed in
your
scumreads for the entire game, to me is something which you claim is simply "worth noting"? That I posted an unfinished ISO which would've gone to waste seeing as how Hoppster was hammered before I could finish it, and that somehow paints me as someone scrambling to get towncred from a LyLo bus? Uh-uh. That doesn't fly with me.
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 5:36 pm

Post by Glass »

Oh, and in the event that bump is town don't fall for oli saying that he picked hopp next in the massclaim order since if the scumteam is oli-hopp it means that they knew that it was a no PR setup and probably agreed to not claim PRs.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 5:53 am

Post by MrBump »

Hoppster and Otolia is the least likely scumteam since ever. There's bussing, then there's Hoppster actually getting angry at Otolia for his posts. I can't see scum doing that at all, so I'm pretty sure Otolia's town, even after this entire game. Like Glass said, 95% sure.

Also, the way you knew he was ConfScum yet said just there "I didn't need a case to prove it to myself" is also iffy. You needed a case to prove it to Glass and I, right? Why would you NOT post a case? Oh yeah, because you're scumbuddies and wanted me to vote Otolia, which is also why you then asked me why I unvoted Otolia despite the fact I said it in, uh, black and light-ish blue why I had.

I may be doing a complete flip, for a good reason. Otolia has said it's Bump/Hoppster all day, and I've pressured and annoyed him all day too, so I expect tomorrow could be around ten seconds long, and I am not losing this game.

P-EDIT: Forgot to hit Submit before I went to school. ¬_¬
Olinea: IF WE HAVE ANOTHER PROTECTIVE ROLE YOU NEED TO BE SO FAR UP MRBUMP'S ASS YOU CAN SMELL WHAT HE HAD FOR BREAKFAST
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 3:19 pm

Post by Glass »

-prods nacho-
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 3:46 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

YO DAWG
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 4:37 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

"You fucking bastard." Olinea's words were strong, poignant. He had drawn a knife he had held close to him the entire time, and was walking towards Hoppster with murderous intent.

"What the hell did I do?" Hoppster pleaded, a bit frustrated, all while reaching for the gun he held at his side.

"Don't play fucking dumb with me. You know exactly what you did..." Olinea lunged at Hoppster, the knife only being held back by the side of Hoppster's AK.

"Murder! Murder!" he squawked. "You're trying to make the final move to defeat the town! You're mafia! You killed her!" He shoved back the knife and knocked Olinea onto the ground, shoving the AK in his face. "Now repent before your death."

Olinea spat in his face, causing Hoppster to flinch just enough for Olinea to roll out of harm's way. Hoppster opened fire on Olinea, causing the man to run like hell in a zigzagged patterns, all of his accusations forgotten in the pursuit to live. But the bullets were halted suddenly by a cruel left hook from Otolia which managed to knock the gun out of his hands and knock him down to the floor. He began flailing wildly as Olinea quickly rushed to Otolia's aid, and helped the man hold the crazy down.

Olinea snarled as one of Hoppster's flying elbows smashed him in the face, breaking his nose. "Hurry, one of you! Finish him off! He killed Maria!"

Upon hearing this, Hoppster cracked. "Brother! Brother! Help me, brother! If you draw your weapons, we can win this! We can overpower them! Brother? Brother! Save me! Please brother, save me!"

Glass, who had been silent until the point, rose and began strolling towards Hoppster. He heard the footsteps, and began laughing. "Hear that? Brother is coming to save me. To save me. He will save me, yes he will. Brother loves me! Thank you, Brother! Thank you--"

"Cease your infernal chatter."

Olinea's knife buried itself in Hoppster's throat, killing the mafiate instantly. Glass sat back down, laying onto the floor and closing his eyes. "One down..." he muttered. "One more to go. After rest..."

The others, with a momentary glance at each other that was searching for signs of the last mafiate, all huddled on the floor around Glass. There was enough murder for the day; it was time for rest.

Hoppster,
Mafia Goon
, lynched Day 3.
Last edited by Nachomamma8 on Mon May 16, 2011 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 1:29 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Glass awoke with a gloved hand over his mouth, and he immediately regretted his choice of sleeping arrangements. He made an effort to shout out, to struggle, to do anything, but this murderer was experienced; the second Glass even so much as twitched, crushing pressure was put on his neck.

"Gotta respect those guts, kid. Foolish, but ballsy. It's actually why I'm killing you, funny thing. Too afraid you might pull the same shit on me when we're out in the daylight."

The hand over his mouth let go, and Glass immediately screamed out for help as his entire body flew through the air and his spine cracked against the concrete wall.

"Don't bother, nobody will hear you. I just felt it fair you could see the face that killed you, even though you didn't afford my brother that same honor... Shame, really."

"Why didn't you save him, though? You could've killed me while the other two were focused on him, then the two of you could've overpowered them immediately..."

The man grabbed a pair of brass knuckles from the shelves. "Why? I hated him. Mother always loved him more."

Glass closed his eyes and the fist came flying for his face, but he was overcome by darkness before his eyelids could shut completely.

Glass,
Vanilla Townie
, Killed Night 3.

Votecount 4-1:

Otolia (0):
MrBump (0):
Olinea (0):

With three alive, it takes two to lynch.
Last edited by Nachomamma8 on Mon May 16, 2011 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 3:26 pm

Post by Olinea »

Posting from downstairs in my dorm. As soon as I get back up I'm kicking one of my roommates off the internet (why they included only 2 internet ports in a triple is beyond me). Not that either of you are waiting on tenterhooks, seeing as how you're asleep : /
:(
The mod is always forgotten...
~Nacho
Last edited by Nachomamma8 on Mon May 09, 2011 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 3:26 pm

Post by Olinea »

EBWOP: To post my case.
GreyICE:
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 3:58 pm

Post by Olinea »

Spoiler: Day 1 Votecounts
Votecount 1-2:

DarkFlashlight
(0) -
Otolia (1) -
DarlaBlueEyes

Common Man
(1) -
DarkFlashlight
Spikkle (1) -
Common Man
Kagetora
(0 )-
Sondanaa (1) -
Sakako
Sakako
(0) -
DarlaBlueEyes
(1) -
chkflip
chkflip
(0) -
Not Voting (4): Otolia, Spikkle,
Kagetora
, Sondanaa,

Votecount 1-3:

DarkFlashlight
(0) -
Otolia (1) -
DarlaBlueEyes
Common Man
(1) -
DarkFlashlight
Spikkle (1) -
Common Man
Kagetora
(1)- Spikkle,
Sondanaa (1) -
chkflip
Sakako
(0) -
DarlaBlueEyes
(0) -
chkflip
(0) -
Not Voting (3): Otolia, Sondanaa,
Sakako

(No Lynch (1):
Kagetora
,)

Votecount 1-4:

DarkFlashlight
(0) -
Otolia (1) -
DarlaBlueEyes
Common Man
(1) -
DarkFlashlight
Spikkle (0) -
Kagetora
(1)- Spikkle,
Sondanaa (1) -
chkflip
Sakako
(0) -
DarlaBlueEyes
(0) -
chkflip
(0) -
Not Voting (3): Otolia, Sondanaa,
Sakako

No Lynch (2):
Kagetora
Common Man

Votecount 1-5:

DarkFlashlight
(0) -
GreyICE (0) -
Common Man
(3) -
DarkFlashlight
Sakako
DarlaBlueEyes

Spikkle (0) -
Kagetora
(1)- Spikkle,
Olinea (1) - GreyICE
Sakako
(0) -
DarlaBlueEyes
(1) -
chkflip

chkflip
(0) -
Not Voting (2): Olinea,
Common Man

No Lynch (1):
Kagetora

Votecount 1-6:

DarkFlashlight
(0) -
GreyICE (0) -
Common Man
(2) -
DarkFlashlight
DarlaBlueEyes

Spikkle (0) -
Kagetora
(1)- Spikkle,
Olinea (1) - GreyICE
Sakako
(0) -
DarlaBlueEyes
(1) -
chkflip

chkflip
(0) -
Not Voting (3): Olinea,
Common Man
Sakako

No Lynch (1):
Kagetora

Votecount 1-7:

DarkFlashlight
(0) -
GreyICE (0) -
Common Man
(2) -
DarlaBlueEyes
, MrBump
MrBump (0) -
Kagetora
(0)-
Olinea (1) - GreyICE
Sakako
(1) -
DarkFlashlight

DarlaBlueEyes
(1) -
chkflip

chkflip
(0) -
Not Voting (3): Olinea,
Common Man
Sakako

No Lynch (1):
Kagetora

Votecount 1-8:

DarkFlashlight
(0) -
Otolia (1) - Olinea
Common Man
(3) -
DarlaBlueEyes
, MrBump,
Sakako

MrBump (0) -
Kagetora
(1)-
chkflip

Olinea (1) - Otolia
Sakako
(1) -
DarkFlashlight

DarlaBlueEyes
(0) -
chkflip
(0) -
Not Voting (1):
Common Man

No Lynch (1):
Kagetora

Votecount 1-9:

DarkFlashlight
(0) -
Otolia (0) -
Glass
(2) -
Sakako
DarlaBlueEyes

MrBump (0) -
Kagetora
(1)-
chkflip

Olinea (1) - Otolia
Sakako
(3) -
DarkFlashlight
Glass
, Olinea
DarlaBlueEyes
(0) -
chkflip
(0) -
Not Voting (1): MrBump
No Lynch (1):
Kagetora

Votecount 1-10:

DarkFlashlight
(0) -
Otolia (2) - MrBump,
Sakako

Glass
(1) -
DarlaBlueEyes

MrBump (0) -
Kagetora
(0) -
Olinea (0) -
Sakako
(3) -
Glass
, Olinea,
chkflip

DarlaBlueEyes
(0) -
chkflip
(0) -
Not Voting (2):
DarkFlashlight
, Otolia
No Lynch (1):
Kagetora

Votecount 1-11:

DarkFlashlight
(0) -
Otolia (2) - MrBump,
Sakako

Glass
(1) -
DarlaBlueEyes

MrBump (0) -
Kagetora
(0) -
Olinea (0) -
Sakako
(3) - Olinea,
chkflip
Glass

DarlaBlueEyes
(0) -
chkflip
(0) -
Not Voting (2):
DarkFlashlight
, Otolia
No Lynch (1):
Kagetora

Votecount 1-12:

DarkFlashlight
(0) -
Otolia (1) -
Sakako

Glass
(1) -
DarlaBlueEyes

MrBump (0) -
Kagetora
(0) -
Olinea (0) -
L-1
Sakako
(4) - Olinea,
chkflip
Glass
, MrBump
DarlaBlueEyes
(0) -
chkflip
(0) -
Not Voting (2):
DarkFlashlight
, Otolia
No Lynch (1):
Kagetora

The End of Day 1 (Votecount 1-13):

DarkFlashlight
(0) -
Otolia (1) -
Sakako

Glass
(1) -
DarlaBlueEyes

MrBump (0) -
Kagetora
(0) -
Olinea (0) -
Sakako
(LYNCH) - Olinea,
chkflip
Glass
, MrBump,
DarkFlashlight

DarlaBlueEyes
(0) -
chkflip
(0) -
Not Voting (2):
DarkFlashlight
, Otolia
No Lynch (1):
Kagetora

Spoiler: Day 2 Votecounts
Votecount 2-1:

DarkFlashlight
(0) -
Otolia (0) -
Glass
(0) -
MrBump (0) -
Kagetora
(2)-
Glass
, MrBump
Olinea (0) -
DarlaBlueEyes
(2) -
DarkFlashlight
Kagetora

Not Voting (3): Otolia, Olinea,
DarlaBlueEyes

Votecount 2-2:

DarkFlashlight
(0) -
Otolia (0) -
Glass
(0) -
MrBump (0) -
Kagetora
(2) -
Glass
, MrBump
Olinea (0) -
DarlaBlueEyes
(2) -
DarkFlashlight
Kagetora

Not Voting (3): Otolia, Olinea,
DarlaBlueEyes

Votecount 2-3:

DarkFlashlight
(0) -
Otolia (0) -
Glass
(0) -
MrBump (0) -
L-1
Kagetora
(3) -
Glass
, MrBump, Olinea
Olinea (0) -
DarlaBlueEyes
(2) -
DarkFlashlight
Kagetora

Not Voting (2): Otolia,
DarlaBlueEyes

Votecount 2-4:

DarkFlashlight
(0) -
Otolia (0) -
Glass
(0) -
MrBump (0) -
L-1
Kagetora
(3) -
Glass
, MrBump, Olinea
Olinea (0) -
DarlaBlueEyes
(2) -
DarkFlashlight
Kagetora

Not Voting (2): Otolia,
DarlaBlueEyes

Votecount 2-5:

DarkFlashlight
(0) -
Otolia (0) -
Glass
(0) -
MrBump (0) -
L-1
silavor
(3) -
Glass
, MrBump, Olinea
Olinea (1) - Otolia
DarlaBlueEyes
(2) -
DarkFlashlight

Not Voting (2):
DarlaBlueEyes
silavor

Votecount 2-6:

DarkFlashlight
(0) -
Otolia (0) -
Glass
(0) -
MrBump (0) -
L-1
silavor
(3) -
Glass
, MrBump, Olinea
Olinea (1) - Otolia
DarlaBlueEyes
(2) -
DarkFlashlight
silavor

Not Voting (1):
DarlaBlueEyes

Votecount 2-7:

DarkFlashlight
(0) -
Otolia (0) -
Glass
(0) -
MrBump (0) -
L-1
silavor
(3) -
Glass
, MrBump, Olinea
Olinea (0) -
L-1
Hoppster
(3) -
DarkFlashlight
silavor
, Otolia
Not Voting (1):
Hoppster

Votecount 2-8:

DarkFlashlight
(0) -
Otolia (2) -
silavor
, MrBump
Glass
(0) -
MrBump (0) -
silavor
(2) -
Glass
, Olinea,
Olinea (0) -
Hoppster
(2) -
DarkFlashlight
, Otolia
Not Voting (1):
Hoppster

Votecount 2-9:

DarkFlashlight
(0) -
Otolia (1) -
silavor

Glass
(0) -
MrBump (0) -
silavor
(4) -
Glass
, Olinea, MrBump, Otolia
Olinea (0) -
Hoppster
(1) -
DarkFlashlight

Not Voting (1):
Hoppster

Spoiler: Day 3 Votecount
Votecount 3-1:

DarkFlashlight
(0) -
Otolia (0) -
Glass
(1) -
Hoppster

MrBump (0) -
Olinea (0) -
L-1
Hoppster
(2) - Olinea, Otolia
Not Voting (2):
Glass
, MrBump,

Not shown is MrBump’s vote on Otolia.

Glass was pretty damn accurate when he said Bump and I were voting together. But what makes him scum and Otolia Town to me are:

~Vote Counts 2-6 to 2-7. Kagetora is at L-1 with people asking for a hammer and
Otolia L-1s Hoppster instead
. That’d be an unnecessary busjob where he could have instead just as easily hammered Kagetora. He put Darla/Hoppster at risk and left it there for some time… he eventually hammered Kagetora but fucked if he wouldn’t have done it in the most efficient way possible for scum.

~Then we have a bit of a back-and-forth where MrBump tries for an Otolia counterwagon instead of the Kage lynch… not sure what to make of it. After I make my post explaining my Town read on Otolia due to the PM and Otolia finding his comfort levels, seemingly trying to emulate GreyICE, I found this…

Hoppster wrote:@ Olinea: Grey's smart. I don't see how it's not feasible he sent Olinea a fake PM to explain his town 'reads'.

…which looks like a way to try and break the Town read I had on Otolia. Let’s look at it this way. Kage seemed like an inevitable lynch, or at least Otolia. Assuming Town Otolia in the Kage lynch scenario, Hoppster knows he’s got to get a mislynch in on Glass (obvtown), me (his strongest Town read – check his FoSes upon his replacing in and reaction to my LyLo vote) or Otolia. Looked to me like Hoppster setting up for an Otolia lynch in LyLo. In the event of an Otolia lynch D2, drive the Kagetora lynch in LyLo. Easy pickin’s.

~But the crowned jewel any case against Bump is his LyLo vote vs. Otolia. Let’s look at this a bit more closely. Pay special attention to the bold in the last paragraph.

MrBump wrote:Otolia, first off, tomorrow most likely Glass will be dead (for reasons I'll say later). Secondly, why would we rush today, just to kill someone you think is scum so we can be prepared for tomorrow when
we don't know he's scum
?

Thirdly, have you read a single post I've made in this entire game? That is not the whole bloody case on you! Urgh, I can't be bothered with this argument any more.

VOTE: Otolia

I don't see myself moving at all from this vote all day, and I severely doubt Glass will suddenly hammer now I've voted. I'd like more out of this day,
but as soon as we get a flip it's pretty easy to deduce a scumteam, and I'm pretty sure of the team as it is.

And then, when he unvotes,

MrBump wrote:Also, Olinea completely slipped my mind when I voted. If he's scum, it's Game Over, and I'm not taking that risk.

THIS IS THE CLINCHER. THIS IS WHY IT’S MRBUMP.

Let’s do a bit of analysis. There are 5 players in the game:

Hoppster
MrBump
Olinea
Otolia
Glass

MrBump votes Otolia, so he thinks Otolia’s scum? Well, that narrows his scumteams to:

Otolia-Glass
Otolia-Hoppster
Otolia-Olinea

Bump already seems to think Glass will be nightkilled N3, obviously indicating he thinks Glass is Town.

Otolia-Hoppster
Otolia-Olinea

Hoppster is at L-1 at the time of voting, so if Bump believed in an Otolia-Hoppster team there would be no incentive NOT to hammer Hoppster.

Otolia-Olinea

So it’s Otolia-Olinea?

MrBump wrote:Also, Olinea completely slipped my mind when I voted. If he's scum, it's Game Over, and I'm not taking that risk.

LOL

LITERALLY NO SCUMTEAMS TO JUSTIFY AN OTOLIA VOTE

This earlier comment of his only further incriminates him…

MrBump wrote:This just got a lot more interesting. Basically every scumteam possible has to be bussing like crazy (except the Olinea/Otolia one) and I can't see them bussing that hard, although doing it in 5P LYLO sets scum up to win 3P LYLO nicely. As you all know, I'm more suspicious of Otolia and have been all game,
but now's not the time for individual scum, now's the time for finding the team.

He tried to start the counterwagon on Otolia, saying he’s got the scumteam all pinned down when there isn’t any sort of feasible pairing he can make with Otolia. Then he unvotes, realizing that Glass is inclined to hammer Hoppster anyways and that would incriminate him like
hell
as soon as Hoppster flips. Then he wish-washes on the hammer until Glass throws it,
then
tries to throw dirt at me for posting my unfinished Hoppster case after his own prompting. He tried to drive a mislynch in LyLo on Otolia, and then when Hoppster’s down and out, he scrambles to pick up the pieces. Too little, too late.

It’s Bump. It’s always been Bump and if it ain’t him I will kick myself until my ass turns black and blue, but it sure as hell ain’t Otolia and that’s good enough for me. There isn’t any way he can sweet-talk himself out of his Otolia vote, or me out of mine.

Vote: MrBump
GreyICE:
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 2:08 am

Post by Otolia »

Since I am the tie-breaker, I'll let Mr. Bump show some arguments here.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 5:59 am

Post by Otolia »

Come on Mr.Bump, you are in UK. You have to post before friday otherwise I'll hammer you without further warning.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 10:03 am

Post by Glass »

BAH POST!

GL TOWN, DONT FAIL ME NOW
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2011 8:08 pm

Post by Olinea »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
:(
The mod is always forgotten...
~Nacho

the what now

Otolia, I know you're waiting on a response from Bump, but what's your take on the argument? How Bump said he had a team logically picked out, how he kept saying the day should've been devoted to finding the pair, but, in all three circumstances, he
can't
have justified a vote on you and did so anyways, presumably to counterwagon Hoppster? And then when Glass drops the =========[ ], he goes all "Hoppster was scum? omg i should've hammered a long time ago, lol guise i meant to hammer and all that but i didn't and instead pushed a logically unreasonable Otolia wagon"?

What about this?

MrBump wrote:Forgot to do this:

MrBump wrote:UNVOTE: Otolia

I'm 99% certain Otolia's scum, but it's better to be pretty sure of a team first.

And, after that,

Olinea wrote:Fuck it. I don't see myself changing on Hoppster today.

Vote: Hoppster

MrBump wrote:Hoppster vote sucks. We're a loooong way from the deadline, and there is no point in just throwing a vote out into the open for no other reason than you can't see yourself moving from him

MrBump wrote:Allow me to rephrase. The VOTE is good. The TIMING is bad.

No?

MrBump wrote:I'm 99% certain Otolia's scum, but it's better to be pretty sure of a team first.

His comment to Glass:

MrBump wrote:Although it is possible you're scum, but I think Hoppster more. I don't want to vote until I see what Otolia has to say about it

Otolia is scum, but then he wants Otolia to weigh in?

Still no?

How about after you L-1 Hoppster?

MrBump wrote:There's no real need for an unvote as neither Glass or I plan to hammer, but it'd still be cool if we unvoted instead of just sticking to one person.

Hm?

MrBump wrote:This just got a lot more interesting. Basically every scumteam possible has to be bussing like crazy (except the Olinea/Otolia one)

(except Hoppster-Bump)

I'd like your thoughts on these arguments. Hell, I still think the first and main point is
air-tight
, but still. What're you thinking right now?
GreyICE:
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 4:06 am

Post by Otolia »

I am still seeing Mr. Bump as scum. But you have been prone to back me up and since I am still here, it could well be a plan.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 4:22 am

Post by MrBump »

Really sorry guys, I was actually away in Belfast all night seeing Eric Clapton (who was great, by the way). Funnily, I brought my laptop and as we were leaving the house quickly checked this to see if the thread was unlocked yet, so I had seen Olinea's laughable wall for long enough to form an opinion. NOW, onto business...

Olinea wrote:~Then we have a bit of a back-and-forth where MrBump tries for an Otolia counterwagon instead of the Kage lynch… not sure what to make of it. After I make my post explaining my Town read on Otolia due to the PM and Otolia finding his comfort levels, seemingly trying to emulate GreyICE, I found this…

First, loluthinkimscum but then suddenly you don't know what to make of it? Well, Otolia was far more obvious than Kage for one, plus there was no point in just voting Kage when I could put pressure on others. I do this all the time, and you should know that by now.

Hoppster wrote:@ Olinea: Grey's smart. I don't see how it's not feasible he sent Olinea a fake PM to explain his town 'reads'.

Olinea wrote:~But the crowned jewel any case against Bump is his LyLo vote vs. Otolia. Let’s look at this a bit more closely. Pay special attention to the bold in the last paragraph.

MrBump wrote:Otolia, first off, tomorrow most likely Glass will be dead (for reasons I'll say later). Secondly, why would we rush today, just to kill someone you think is scum so we can be prepared for tomorrow when
we don't know he's scum
?

Thirdly, have you read a single post I've made in this entire game? That is not the whole bloody case on you! Urgh, I can't be bothered with this argument any more.

I don't see myself moving at all from this vote all day, and I severely doubt Glass will suddenly hammer now I've voted. I'd like more out of this day,
but as soon as we get a flip it's pretty easy to deduce a scumteam, and I'm pretty sure of the team as it is.

And then, when he unvotes,

THIS IS THE CLINCHER. THIS IS WHY IT’S MRBUMP.

This is why it's reeeeaaally not.
"Pretty sure" = "Pretty sure".
"Pretty sure" =/= "100% confident".
And again, you should know I'm nearly always wrong in my townreads. But I'm not going to meta my way out of this, because you think by exaggerating the little points and repeating yourself makes you appear more town.

At the time, I thought it was an Otolia/Hoppster scumteam. I'd like to refer the honourable gentleman to where I said "Pretty sure". Why would I hammer Hoppster if I was only "pretty sure" he was scum in freakin' LYLO? What are you, crazy? In fact, this is really condemning for you, which I will explain later in the post.

Olinea wrote:Let’s do a bit of analysis. There are 5 players in the game:

Hoppster
MrBump
Olinea
Otolia
Glass

MrBump votes Otolia, so he thinks Otolia’s scum? Well, that narrows his scumteams to:

Otolia-Glass
Otolia-Hoppster
Otolia-Olinea

Bump already seems to think Glass will be nightkilled N3, obviously indicating he thinks Glass is Town.

Otolia-Hoppster
Otolia-Olinea

Hoppster is at L-1 at the time of voting, so if Bump believed in an Otolia-Hoppster team there would be no incentive NOT to hammer Hoppster.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
*chokes*
Yeah, no. LYLO is the most important part of the entire game. You either win, or you lose. Voting the wrong person makes you lose. I dislike losing. Immensely. I'm NOT going to just shove down a vote without thinking about it, or even if I'm only "pretty sure". Gee Olinea, you like to exaggerate.

Olinea wrote:
Otolia-Olinea

So it’s Otolia-Olinea?

LOL

LITERALLY NO SCUMTEAMS TO JUSTIFY AN OTOLIA VOTE

While I appreciate you even put the effort in to get a picture to appear more town, it's not working, Olinea. Otolia/Olinea was possible, but I was more thinking Otolia/Hoppster. I was highly confident it was Otolia/SOMEONE, though. And d'you know what else? That wasn't even why I voted. I didn't say it at the time because I thought it would appear scummy that I would do it, but seeing how you're using it to attack me, I kinda have to.

Look at the time stamps on my post vote and Glass's "clear bitches".
Vote: "Tue May 03, 2011 2:25 pm"
Nine whole minutes. The vote was merely to clear Glass. I was 99% sure he was town, and a clear at this stage helps everything and stops people throwing suspicion onto him. If you remember, Glass then said "waiting for oli". I then posted my unvote, but with one key error; I forgot to unvote. Look at the post:
MrBump wrote:*heart starts beating again*

Good stuff.

It was meant to go
"UNVOTE: Otolia
Good stuff."
But I somehow forgot. If you look, I then unvote and give my original reasoning in my next post:

UNVOTE: Otolia

Why would I say he slipped my mind AFTER Glass already mentioned him in his post?

Olinea wrote:This earlier comment of his only further incriminates him…

MrBump wrote:This just got a lot more interesting. Basically every scumteam possible has to be bussing like crazy (except the Olinea/Otolia one) and I can't see them bussing that hard, although doing it in 5P LYLO sets scum up to win 3P LYLO nicely. As you all know, I'm more suspicious of Otolia and have been all game,
but now's not the time for individual scum, now's the time for finding the team.

He tried to start the counterwagon on Otolia, saying he’s got the scumteam all pinned down when there isn’t any sort of feasible pairing he can make with Otolia. Then he unvotes, realizing that Glass is inclined to hammer Hoppster anyways and that would incriminate him like
hell
as soon as Hoppster flips. Then he wish-washes on the hammer until Glass throws it,
then
tries to throw dirt at me for posting my unfinished Hoppster case after his own prompting. He tried to drive a mislynch in LyLo on Otolia, and then when Hoppster’s down and out, he scrambles to pick up the pieces. Too little, too late.

First sentence is so misrepp-y.
"Tried to start the counterwagon on Otolia"- That was Hoppster.
"saying he's got the scumteam all pinned down"- Never happened.
"when there isn't any sort of feasible pairing he can make with Otolia"- Otolia/Hoppster for one, and Otolia/YOU was also possible.

Olinea wrote:This leaves Hoppster + Bump or Hoppster + Otolia. I still think Otolia is Town. I've got some time, time to go a-divin' through Darla and Hoppster's ISOs.

You repeated a phrase like this for most of Day Three. "I THINK IT MUST BE HOPPSTER PLUS SOMEONE, BUT GLASS AND OTOLIA IS TOWN BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHO THE OTHER SCUM IS". Hmm, wonder why? You were hoping someone would vote Otolia, which Hoppster started, which explains THIS post:

Olinea wrote:

Where's your vote, then?

Even though I'd EXPLAINED said vote and why I unvoted. Annoyed you couldn't trollhammer, bro?

VOTE: Olinea

The entirety of Day Three you kept saying Otolia was town, Hoppster was scum, you "weren't sure" on me and Glass was town. You also acted just CERTAIN Glass and Otolia was town. There was no doubt that they were Town. Scum make that mistake a lot, and seeing how you're never,
EVER
scum, I could see you making it.

Now, the point I'm making with this entire thing, is that you basically acted like you KNEW it was me and Hoppster the whole of Day Three, just softly. You kinda "wish-washed" on me then came out all guns blazing. You had complete certainity in GlassTown and HoppScum, and kinda labelled Otolia as Town and kinda labelled me as Scum. Then on Day Three, without even blinking you brings up a wall of evidence on me all from Day Three which you completely ignored at the time. You obviously set the game up for LYLO. You bussed Hoppster, voiced minor suspicions on me and Otolia to act as if you didn't have a battle plan, but you slipped up every so often. Hence THIS post:

Olinea wrote:My meta senses are tingling and I think MrBump is Town, by the way. He’s bamboozled me in the past but after being in 4 games with him already (this is #5/#6) and following along with 3 of his others which I wasn’t involved in, I’m starting to differentiate TownBump from ScumBump. Meta argument isn’t worth a damn on its own but something’s unsettling me about Glass today. When I reread Hoppster I’ll look deeper into the ties between them. I still maintain a Town read on Otolia.

Going into Day Four you had to act as if you thought both me and Otolia were Town, so then you could suddenly "realise" it's me, despite the fact FYPOV I was practically ConfScum all day. If you just acted as if you had the scumteam all day then it wouldn't have the same impact at all, would it? Then you'd have to post your wall on me during Day Three, and you couldn't DO that because you had to take out Hoppster that day. Then again, you could have been only "pretty sure" Otolia was town. Another thing worth noting is that you ignores ALL evidence on EVERYONE except Hoppster. You think he's scum, you've got your vote on him, right, okay. Then SURELY you would be desperately trying to see who's scum between me and Otolia? Instead, you don't even mention anything about Otolia when I post on him, or when anyone posted on me, yet it turns out "It's always been Bump" because you already PLANNED to do this.

Otolia, please, see through his lies. Olinea is scum, and I should've seen it before. You can't and won't win this game, Olinea.
Olinea: IF WE HAVE ANOTHER PROTECTIVE ROLE YOU NEED TO BE SO FAR UP MRBUMP'S ASS YOU CAN SMELL WHAT HE HAD FOR BREAKFAST
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 5:45 am

Post by Otolia »

I almost saw Mr. Bump cry when writing this post.

I like when you mention me numerous time in a post Mr. Bump. It makes me feel important.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 7:18 am

Post by MrBump »

What do you mean by that? :P
And damn right you're important by golly xD
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 7:25 am

Post by MrBump »

On the subject of Olinea completely overreacting to my "HE'S SCUM BECAUSE HE POSTED THE ISO LOLOLOL";

I wrote:More likely, it was an answer to my request to see amazing pictures.
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 8:27 am

Post by Olinea »

MrBump wrote:
Olinea wrote:~Then we have a bit of a back-and-forth where MrBump tries for an Otolia counterwagon instead of the Kage lynch… not sure what to make of it. After I make my post explaining my Town read on Otolia due to the PM and Otolia finding his comfort levels, seemingly trying to emulate GreyICE, I found this…

First, loluthinkimscum but then suddenly you don't know what to make of it? Well, Otolia was far more obvious than Kage for one, plus there was no point in just voting Kage when I could put pressure on others. I do this all the time, and you should know that by now.

Oh? Well, by all means, please point out what part of that section indicates a scumread on you. ‘Cause I’m not sure where you’re getting that idea from.

MrBump wrote:This is why it's reeeeaaally not.
"Pretty sure" = "Pretty sure".
"Pretty sure" =/= "100% confident".
And again, you should know I'm nearly always wrong in my townreads. But I'm not going to meta my way out of this, because you think by exaggerating the little points and repeating yourself makes you appear more town.

At the time, I thought it was an Otolia/Hoppster scumteam. I'd like to refer the honourable gentleman to where I said "Pretty sure". Why would I hammer Hoppster if I was only "pretty sure" he was scum in freakin' LYLO? What are you, crazy? In fact, this is really condemning for you, which I will explain later in the post.

Why would you hammer Hoppster? Because
everybody
knew that there was at least one scum in Hoppster-Olinea. Hell, all three of Glass/Bump/Otolia expressed suspicion of this idea:

Glass wrote:Bump: thoughts on an oli-hopp team?

MrBump wrote:I think Otolia/Olinea is the most likely.
Hoppster/Olinea is the second most likely IMO

Otolia wrote:Why would I unvote ? It is now evident that that Hoppster is scum. Otherwise he would be a dead townie by now.
So either Olinea is a bussing scum
OR one of Glass/Mr. Bump is scum.

So you’re advocating strict conservatism and 100% confidence in LyLo (you should practice what you preach, by the way; if you weren’t going to vote Hoppster without being 100% sure then you’d have never unvoted Otolia)? (and before you call misrep, what other line is there between “pretty sure” and “100% sure”? I’d love to hear it) How is it, then, that you can feasibly consider a Hoppster-Oli scumteam but still vote outside of us? You know what the chances of finding scum in Hoppster-Oli was? 100%. Yet you claim Hoppster-Oli was feasible and voted Otolia. How in the world does that make sense?

MrBump wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
*chokes*
Yeah, no. LYLO is the most important part of the entire game. You either win, or you lose. Voting the wrong person makes you lose. I dislike losing. Immensely. I'm NOT going to just shove down a vote without thinking about it, or even if I'm only "pretty sure".

Again, we come back to the “pretty sure” argument. Your two unvotes on Otolia certainly indicate “pretty sure” over “100% sure”.

MrBump wrote:Gee Olinea, you like to exaggerate.

MrBump wrote:While I appreciate you even put the effort in to get a picture to appear more town, it's not working, Olinea. Otolia/Olinea was possible, but I was more thinking Otolia/Hoppster. I was highly confident it was Otolia/SOMEONE, though. And d'you know what else? That wasn't even why I voted. I didn't say it at the time because I thought it would appear scummy that I would do it, but seeing how you're using it to attack me, I kinda have to.

Look at the time stamps on my post vote and Glass's "clear bitches".
Vote: "Tue May 03, 2011 2:25 pm"
Nine whole minutes. The vote was merely to clear Glass. I was 99% sure he was town, and a clear at this stage helps everything and stops people throwing suspicion onto him.

Hm?

That’s not what it sounds like in your vote post.

MrBump wrote:I don't see myself moving at all from this vote all day, and I severely doubt Glass will suddenly hammer now I've voted. I'd like more out of this day, but as soon as we get a flip it's pretty easy to deduce a scumteam, and I'm pretty sure of the team as it is.

If your vote was for the sole objective of clearing a Glass-Hoppster team, why is the last sentence aimed to get a flip of Otolia?

Oh, sure, we get this…

MrBump wrote:If Glass doesn't hammer, he's ConfTown so will die tonight. That's the reasoning

…so your reasoning behind the Otolia vote is to determine Glass’s alignment? Then why are you mentioning flips?

MrBump wrote:Why would I say he slipped my mind AFTER Glass already mentioned him in his post?

remind
(rɪˈmaɪnd)
— vb (usually foll by of; may take a clause as object or an infinitive )

to cause (a person) to remember (something or to do something); make (someone) aware (of something he may have forgotten): remind me to phone home ; flowers remind me of holidays

MrBump wrote:First sentence is so misrepp-y.
"Tried to start the counterwagon on Otolia"- That was Hoppster.
"saying he's got the scumteam all pinned down"- Never happened.
"when there isn't any sort of feasible pairing he can make with Otolia"- Otolia/Hoppster for one, and Otolia/YOU was also possible.

~Alright. “Tried to add to the counterwagon on Otolia, saying he’s got the scumteam all pinned down when there isn’t any sort of feasible pairing he can make with Otolia”
~
MrBump wrote:I'm pretty sure of the team as it is.

~If you believed Otolia/Hoppster, you’d have hammered Hoppster. And I realize that Oto-Oli was possible, but if I supposedly “slipped your mind”, this wasn’t being considered at the time of your statement (see #2).

MrBump wrote:You repeated a phrase like this for most of Day Three. "I THINK IT MUST BE HOPPSTER PLUS SOMEONE, BUT GLASS AND OTOLIA IS TOWN BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHO THE OTHER SCUM IS". Hmm, wonder why? You were hoping someone would vote Otolia, which Hoppster started, which explains THIS post:

Hm? I don’t ever recall saying I “had no idea who the other scum” was. In fact, at the beginning of D3,

MrBump wrote:I'm thinking Hoppster + MrBump. Bump is only by process of elimination since I can't see myself voting for Otolia and Glass is, yeah, pretty damn Town.

Hell if I was going to try and find a team at that point in time. I needed the Hoppster lynch. Hoppster was confirmed scum to me, and it wasn’t going to do a damn bit of good trying to find out Hopp-Bump vs. Hopp-Oto without making sure Hoppster was lynched.

MrBump wrote:Even though I'd EXPLAINED said vote and why I unvoted. Annoyed you couldn't trollhammer, bro?

Alright, when you argue stuff like…

MrBump wrote:At the time, I thought it was an Otolia/Hoppster scumteam. I'd like to refer the honourable gentleman to where I said "Pretty sure". Why would I hammer Hoppster if I was only "pretty sure" he was scum in freakin' LYLO? What are you, crazy?

MrBump wrote:Immensely. I'm NOT going to just shove down a vote without thinking about it, or even if I'm only "pretty sure"

MrBump wrote:I was highly confident it was Otolia/SOMEONE, though.

MrBump wrote:The vote was merely to clear Glass.

(Glass-Otolia disproven)

…and then say…

…which demonstrates increased certainty in your Otolia read (hell, 100% certainty, considering you keep claiming you were “pretty sure” – that doesn’t look “pretty sure” to me) without a vote on Otolia, what the hell were you waiting for? Annoyed you couldn’t trollhammer, bro?

MrBump wrote:The entirety of Day Three you kept saying Otolia was town, Hoppster was scum, you "weren't sure" on me and Glass was town. You also acted just CERTAIN Glass and Otolia was town. There was no doubt that they were Town. Scum make that mistake a lot, and seeing how you're never,
EVER
scum, I could see you making it.

Now, the point I'm making with this entire thing, is that you basically acted like you KNEW it was me and Hoppster the whole of Day Three, just softly. You kinda "wish-washed" on me then came out all guns blazing. You had complete certainity in GlassTown and HoppScum, and kinda labelled Otolia as Town and kinda labelled me as Scum.

Oh, man. So we’re using a convoluted meta argument AND misrepping me? Let’s go look at some of what I said during D3.

Olinea wrote:Excuse me?

When did I ever claim to have the game figured out?

Olinea wrote:My reads aren't settled, you know.

Olinea wrote:Glass.

Deadline is May 3rd.

Today's lynch is me or Hoppster. I've got scum on the end of my reel and I'm not giving it up for a 1/3 shot. So instead of trying to spread suspicion onto both Hoppster and myself by claiming LyLo bussing has a high success rate, and
also
MrBump, how 'bout you start taking a stance on this?

Olinea wrote:something’s unsettling me about Glass today.

Olinea wrote:
Glass wrote:Oli, who do you think is scum? Hopp-bump or Hopp-oli?

Urk. Flip-flopping on this one. If you gave me a daykill and told me to immediately shoot one of the two, I'd ask to borrow a coin. I've been trying to get in a DBE/Hoppster reread but it's Dead Week here and I've been trying to limit my time on MS in preparation for exams. Bump meta vs. Otolia's PM? It's a big clincher, to be honest. I'd rather focus on getting Hoppster out of the way... I would think that, given your confTown status, today's your last day to help us, and I've got one right here but I need to get up a case to convince you (or Bump, if Otolia's bussing). I need to make time tomorrow for this.

???

MrBump wrote:You obviously set the game up for LYLO. You bussed Hoppster, voiced minor suspicions on me and Otolia to act as if you didn't have a battle plan, but you slipped up every so often. Hence THIS post:

Nope,
you
set up the game for LyLo. 5P LyLo. You refused to bus Hoppster, voiced minor suspicions on him and me and then back out of it by saying you were only “pretty confident” which I dunno
how
that excuses the fact that you voted Otolia twice and then said “Protip: Otolia is scum” sans vote, flip right back onto me after Hoppster’s hammered, and try to paint a scummy picture of me out of it. Here’s food for thought, Bump. How can you claim I…

MrBump wrote:had complete certainity in GlassTown and HoppScum, and kinda labelled Otolia as Town and kinda labelled me as Scum.

…and yet…

MrBump wrote:Going into Day Four you had to act as if you thought both me and Otolia were Town

…and still yet…

MrBump wrote:bussed Hoppster, voiced minor suspicions on me and Otolia

Also, I find it
extraordinarily
laughable how you can accuse me of this…

MrBump wrote:so then you could suddenly "realise" it's me

…and in the very next paragraph…

MrBump wrote:Olinea is scum, and I should've seen it before.

I thought I would have a better conclusion than this, but whatever.

END
GreyICE:
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 9:36 am

Post by MrBump »

Olinea wrote:Oh? Well, by all means, please point out what part of that section indicates a scumread on you. ‘Cause I’m not sure where you’re getting that idea from.

Gee, you think I'm town?

Olinea wrote:Why would you hammer Hoppster? Because
everybody
knew that there was at least one scum in Hoppster-Olinea. Hell, all three of Glass/Bump/Otolia expressed suspicion of this idea:

Glass wrote:Bump: thoughts on an oli-hopp team?

MrBump wrote:I think Otolia/Olinea is the most likely.
Hoppster/Olinea is the second most likely IMO

Otolia wrote:Why would I unvote ? It is now evident that that Hoppster is scum. Otherwise he would be a dead townie by now.
So either Olinea is a bussing scum
OR one of Glass/Mr. Bump is scum.

So you’re advocating strict conservatism and 100% confidence in LyLo (you should practice what you preach, by the way; if you weren’t going to vote Hoppster without being 100% sure then you’d have never unvoted Otolia)? (and before you call misrep, what other line is there between “pretty sure” and “100% sure”? I’d love to hear it) How is it, then, that you can feasibly consider a Hoppster-Oli scumteam but still vote outside of us? You know what the chances of finding scum in Hoppster-Oli was? 100%. Yet you claim Hoppster-Oli was feasible and voted Otolia. How in the world does that make sense?

I never said you had to be 100% sure; I said you had to be highly confident in your read. I voted Otolia to clear Glass, and the first time I voted him because I thought he was scum. Hey, look, you voted Hoppster for exactly the same reason, not waiting for a team. So basically, you're calling me out for what you already did. Right.

Olinea wrote:Again, we come back to the “pretty sure” argument. Your two unvotes on Otolia certainly indicate “pretty sure” over “100% sure”.

Again, yeah, no. My reads change throughout the day, that's how the game WORKS.

Olinea wrote:Hm?

That’s not what it sounds like in your vote post.

MrBump wrote:I don't see myself moving at all from this vote all day, and I severely doubt Glass will suddenly hammer now I've voted. I'd like more out of this day, but as soon as we get a flip it's pretty easy to deduce a scumteam, and I'm pretty sure of the team as it is.

If your vote was for the sole objective of clearing a Glass-Hoppster team, why is the last sentence aimed to get a flip of Otolia?

Oh, sure, we get this…

MrBump wrote:If Glass doesn't hammer, he's ConfTown so will die tonight. That's the reasoning

…so your reasoning behind the Otolia vote is to determine Glass’s alignment? Then why are you mentioning flips?

'Cuz y'know I totally didn't think Otolia was scum at all and the vote was PURELY to get Glass cleared and Otolia was ConfTown. Besides, if I just voted saying "VOTE: OTOLIA", well that wouldn't help at all, would it?

Olinea wrote:

remind
(rɪˈmaɪnd)
— vb (usually foll by of; may take a clause as object or an infinitive )

to cause (a person) to remember (something or to do something); make (someone) aware (of something he may have forgotten): remind me to phone home ; flowers remind me of holidays

No.
If you look back, Glass posted "clear bitches, waiting for Oli". Then I posted "Good stuff", then Otolia posted twice, THEN I unvoted. If I was reminded, then why the hell would I have unvoted after Otolia posted?

Olinea wrote:~Alright. “Tried to add to the counterwagon on Otolia, saying he’s got the scumteam all pinned down when there isn’t any sort of feasible pairing he can make with Otolia”

Just no.
Olinea wrote:~
MrBump wrote:I'm pretty sure of the team as it is.

Pretty sure =/= Certain
Pretty sure =/= Scumteam pinned down
Pretty sure =/= I GOT THIS, LET'S RUSH THE DAY
Olinea wrote:~If you believed Otolia/Hoppster, you’d have hammered Hoppster. And I realize that Oto-Oli was possible, but if I supposedly “slipped your mind”, this wasn’t being considered at the time of your statement (see #2).

You didn't slip my mind at all, THAT'S THE POINT xD

Olinea wrote:Hm? I don’t ever recall saying I “had no idea who the other scum” was. In fact, at the beginning of D3,

MrBump wrote:I'm thinking Hoppster + MrBump. Bump is only by process of elimination since I can't see myself voting for Otolia and Glass is, yeah, pretty damn Town.

Hell if I was going to try and find a team at that point in time. I needed the Hoppster lynch. Hoppster was confirmed scum to me, and it wasn’t going to do a damn bit of good trying to find out Hopp-Bump vs. Hopp-Oto without making sure Hoppster was lynched.

You needed a Hoppster lynch for bussing. How was he confirmed scum? You THOUGHT he was scum. In LYLO. You don't slap down a vote like that unless you're sure it's going to work. How can you be sure? If you're Mafia.

Olinea wrote:
MrBump wrote:Even though I'd EXPLAINED said vote and why I unvoted. Annoyed you couldn't trollhammer, bro?

Alright, when you argue stuff like…

MrBump wrote:At the time, I thought it was an Otolia/Hoppster scumteam. I'd like to refer the honourable gentleman to where I said "Pretty sure". Why would I hammer Hoppster if I was only "pretty sure" he was scum in freakin' LYLO? What are you, crazy?

MrBump wrote:Immensely. I'm NOT going to just shove down a vote without thinking about it, or even if I'm only "pretty sure"

MrBump wrote:I was highly confident it was Otolia/SOMEONE, though.

MrBump wrote:The vote was merely to clear Glass.

(Glass-Otolia disproven)

>Implying that being clear FMPOV is clear from everyone's point of view

Olinea wrote:…and then say…

…which demonstrates increased certainty in your Otolia read (hell, 100% certainty, considering you keep claiming you were “pretty sure” – that doesn’t look “pretty sure” to me) without a vote on Otolia, what the hell were you waiting for? Annoyed you couldn’t trollhammer, bro?

I was very confident Otolia was scum, yes. I wasn't very confident in his buddy. You? Hoppster? Voting was too risky in case I was wrong on my Hoppster read. I've only said it like fifty times, now.

Olinea wrote:Oh, man. So we’re using a convoluted meta argument AND misrepping me? Let’s go look at some of what I said during D3.

Olinea wrote:Excuse me?

When did I ever claim to have the game figured out?

Olinea wrote:My reads aren't settled, you know.

Olinea wrote:Glass.

Deadline is May 3rd.

Today's lynch is me or Hoppster. I've got scum on the end of my reel and I'm not giving it up for a 1/3 shot. So instead of trying to spread suspicion onto both Hoppster and myself by claiming LyLo bussing has a high success rate, and
also
MrBump, how 'bout you start taking a stance on this?

This quote here's important, I missed it when I re-read this morning. It basically reads "I'M NOT BUSSING GO AWAY GLASS I'LL PUT PRESSURE ON YOU AND BUMP SO YOU IGNORE IT YEEEAAAH"

Olinea wrote:
Olinea wrote:something’s unsettling me about Glass today.

Olinea wrote:
Glass wrote:Oli, who do you think is scum? Hopp-bump or Hopp-oli?

Urk. Flip-flopping on this one. If you gave me a daykill and told me to immediately shoot one of the two, I'd ask to borrow a coin. I've been trying to get in a DBE/Hoppster reread but it's Dead Week here and I've been trying to limit my time on MS in preparation for exams. Bump meta vs. Otolia's PM? It's a big clincher, to be honest. I'd rather focus on getting Hoppster out of the way... I would think that, given your confTown status, today's your last day to help us, and I've got one right here but I need to get up a case to convince you (or Bump, if Otolia's bussing). I need to make time tomorrow for this.

???

My entire point again. You acted like Hoppster was confirmed scum, and you weren't sure of the other scum but you kept practically slipping that it was me, in preparation for today. Speaking of which, how were you so certain he was confirmed scum? I must have missed that part. Everything fits together so perfectly that you planned this because it's TRUE. Lynch Hoppster, if possible form another wagon on Otolia, kill Glass, lynch ____ (I'll explain in a sec). You kept saying both Otolia and I were town, then out of nowhere it's "always been Bump". Why are you so certain? Because
Otolia voted Hoppster
. Whichever of us went along with your bus would get buddied, and the other lynched. HENCE, we were both "town" the entirety of Day Three until now, when you have to lynch one of us. God, I should've seen this before >_>

Olinea wrote:
MrBump wrote:You obviously set the game up for LYLO. You bussed Hoppster, voiced minor suspicions on me and Otolia to act as if you didn't have a battle plan, but you slipped up every so often. Hence THIS post:

Nope,
you
set up the game for LyLo. 5P LyLo. You refused to bus Hoppster, voiced minor suspicions on him and me and then back out of it by saying you were only “pretty confident” which I dunno
how
that excuses the fact that you voted Otolia twice and then said “Protip: Otolia is scum” sans vote, flip right back onto me after Hoppster’s hammered, and try to paint a scummy picture of me out of it. Here’s food for thought, Bump. How can you claim I…

MrBump wrote:had complete certainity in GlassTown and HoppScum, and kinda labelled Otolia as Town and kinda labelled me as Scum.

…and yet…

MrBump wrote:Going into Day Four you had to act as if you thought both me and Otolia were Town

…and still yet…

MrBump wrote:bussed Hoppster, voiced minor suspicions on me and Otolia

Also, I find it
extraordinarily
laughable how you can accuse me of this…

MrBump wrote:so then you could suddenly "realise" it's me

…and in the very next paragraph…

MrBump wrote:Olinea is scum, and I should've seen it before.

I thought I would have a better conclusion than this, but whatever.

END

I'm not seeing where you're going with that whole "END" section. All I said was true, and all you can do is say "I can't believe you did _____, it's funny how you did ______" etc. I had to swap over to you because YOU'RE SCUM. OTOLIA IS TOWN. The second we hit that Hoppster flip Otolia was Town. It became apparent later in the day that only one of Hoppster/Otolia was scum, HENCE I DIDN'T HAMMER HOPPSTER. Otolia was practically confirmed town, Glass was ConfTown, and that left you. You snuck under the radar all game, and just laughed and diverted attention any time anyone was suspicious of you.

Er, I want a more thrilling ending, but I don't really need one. Olinea is scum. FIN :P
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 9:57 am

Post by Otolia »

Guys, you can stop your walls. I'm not gonna read them.
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 10:51 am

Post by MrBump »

That's really not very helpful, Otolia. What're you waiting on, then?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”