DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:42 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Confirm.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #26 (isolation #1) » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:21 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

/first.

Vote: etherealcookie.

For not being a real cookie. How disappointing.

PEdit: Damn, ninja-ed by Wraith. *shakes fist, goes to make coffee*
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #75 (isolation #2) » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:59 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

In post 59, Magister Ludi wrote:Why did bb ignore proceedings on page two? BB, anything worthy of comment on that page?

Any reason why you wanted BB's comments in particular about page two?

Yosarian2 wrote:Anyway, I don't really have problems yet with the people who are posting content at the moment, so I'll vote one of people who hasn't yet. Vote:Bogre.

Why not vote one of the people who are posting but not posting much actual content? Why just park your vote on someone who has only confirmed?

TheJakalope wrote:Between Magister, Magna, and David X, 1 is anti-town.

Please explain your thought process in arriving at this conclusion. And, if you think one is not town, why not put a vote out on one of the three?

Sidebar: I am amazed that nobody seems to care that IceGuy is pushing a policy lynch already rather than, you know, trying to scumhunt. Why lynch all flakers, IceGuy?
Unvote. Vote: IceGuy.

StefanB wrote:Vote MoI. How do you know (or why do you even believe) there are werewolves here? Selvoting is insane, or a gambit or a joke for someone who is playing with fire. I don't think a scumtell.

I honestly think this is coming from town. I'm having a hard time imagining that MoI of all people would have actually made that bad of a scumslip (or wolf-slip, I guess, in this case). So what I'm trying to figure out why Stefan apparently thought he did (after misreading the setup) and then decided to vote MoI without double-checking. Against a player less aggressive, this might be good playacting by scum, but here, all of this feels too reckless for it to come from scum.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #81 (isolation #3) » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

In post 78, TheJakalope wrote:Well DY, The way these 3 interacted earlier, there is little chance that they are all town. The reason I don't put a vote out is because if I am right, but I guess the first 2 people that aren't scum, we'd have lynched 2 Town. I need to be a lot more confident then "He's got a 33% chance at being scum!" to put down a vote.

So even though no wagon is, like, even halfway to being an L-1 wagon, in an overabundance of caution, you have decided to completely rule out using your best scumhunting tool? Getting reactions from votes and wagons doesn't nudge that 33% up at all for you?

Right.

I call shenanigans.

Unvote. Vote: TheJakalope.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #94 (isolation #4) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:53 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

In post 85, Yosarian2 wrote:
In post 75, DarthYoshi wrote:
Why not vote one of the people who are posting but not posting much actual content? Why just park your vote on someone who has only confirmed?

What's the difference this early in the game? I don't think a no-content random vote a few hours into the game is a scum-tell. Why, do you?

Yeah, I'm a bit wary of the folks random voting on page three when there are other attempts being made by players to get us out of RVS.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #96 (isolation #5) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:56 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Also, why are people talking about a cult recruiter in a game when there are no mechanics that change win con?
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #142 (isolation #6) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:13 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

In post 139, MagnaofIllusion wrote:

Darth wrote:Against a player less aggressive, this might be good playacting by scum, but here, all of this feels too reckless for it to come from scum

It’s not the attack element that I find possibly scummy but the “I don’t know the set-up element”, specific to games where some or all elements are open (in this case that there are Daytalking Mafia and Werewolves).

Look at Umbrage’s Jungle Republic, which is a complete open set-up. Both Neil and Sloth (both scum) played the “Oh, I don’t understand the set-up” card early on. Both ended up being scum. It’s definitely a newb-scum play which is why I haven’t written off Stephan as Town yet.

You're missing my point. To me, it's the attack element that I find to be a towntell, not the "I don't know the setup" stuff, which is more nullish on balance. Attacking you like that on such bad grounds seems too reckless for scum.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #148 (isolation #7) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:26 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

In post 144, StefanB wrote:Darth Yoshi: People (Muffin and me) were just making jokes.

What does your joking interaction with Muffin have to do with your earlier interactions with MoI? :?
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #208 (isolation #8) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:58 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

In post 205, Global Warming wrote:We are a great beast and therefore we are treated for investigative roles as a werewolf.
Does it actually matter what kind of miller?

With Maf and Wolf scumgroups, I think it absolutely does matter, since there are wiki roles that differentiate between being able to return guilties on Mafia versus guilties on Werewolves.

And you're being serious? In a game with "secret society" flavor, you're a "great beast?"

I have to admit that I'm a little wary of the claim just because it didn't come out from the very beginning from y'all, but at a minimum, we shouldn't be lynching you today.

Entirely unrelated, the Baby Spice wagon isn't bad, but y'all really should join TheJakalope wagon. Ever since getting called out for his weaksauce "here are three dudes, one isn't town!" post, all he has done has justify his own play, he hasn't done any actual scumhunting. None. I really want this guy lynched today.

Ludi, I need to meta you. Do you have a recent town game and scum game I can look at?
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #273 (isolation #9) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:26 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

In post 264, Otolia wrote:

In the mean time, I inform you that I usually don't claim D1.

I know from experience with you that this is crap.
Unvote. Vote: Otolia.

TBH, I'm not sure I find other parts of Otolia's behavior to be that scummy for him simply because based on my experience with him, this is how he is--he makes it personal and massively appeals to emotion rather than being useful to the town. It was this line that tipped the scale for me.

FTR, I still think TheJakalope is scum too. But Otolia can go first.

@Yos: Why exactly is what MoI said about BS interesting? And, why did you FOS instead of vote Otolia?

BB wrote:Does this bug anyone else?

Yes. But like I said, it's par for the course--in my experience, Otolia basically behaves like an ass in games. He's gotten blacklisted by CHESSKID of all people.

That being said, why do you find it scummy that he said that, as opposed to just annoying?

sageamagoo wrote:Baby Spice seems town to me, despite the large wagon forming around her. Her style is pro-town even though her comments aren't useful.

zmuffin is leaning scum. I would lean town, but with him it seems that he's whatever he dosen't seem to be.

Magna is very accusational, and is probably anti-town.

Ludi seems like scum. (yep, I said it. I saw a few other games where the person contributing the most had the most to hide.)

Whisper is an intelligent player and IDC whether she's town or not, we are NOT lynching her unless she gives off very scummy vibes.

This is a terrible post, for several reasons.

First, what about BS's style is pro-town to you? And, how can "style" (whatever that is) outweigh content and substance for you when getting a townread?

Second, please explain your Muffin read to me in terms that aren't WIFOM, because I honestly think he's null-leaning-town if anything.

Third, how does being accusational make MoI anti-town? Accusations fish out scum. Unless you're saying MoI is being fake, and if so, what specifically rings as inauthentic to you?

Fourth, about whisper...WTF? There are lots of smart players here, should we not lynch any of them unless they jump up and down and scream "I R SCUM"?

FOS: sageamagoo

Current suspect list in order of scumminess:
Otolia
TheJakalope
sageamagoo
And I guess BS, but I don't care as vehemently about lynching her as anyone else on this list.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #310 (isolation #10) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:08 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

^ Sadface.

Also, for wagonhopping with no explanation,
FOS etherealcookie.

@Sageamagoo, David X, and Baby Spice: Why on G-d's green earth do you three not have votes out atm?
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #318 (isolation #11) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:07 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

In post 315, sageamagoo wrote:

That said...

I think Ice and StephanB might be scum bussing each other. VOTE: Iceguy for having the most votes of the two.

I'm ignoring everything else you said to me in that post because this line alone is ridiculously scummy. First, there is no assertion for why Ice/Stephan are scum, or why they are scum together, ESPECIALLY when we know there are multiple scum factions in the game, and finally, scumhunting in terms of a scumteam on D1 is not infrequently done by scum to try to pretend to be more helpful than they are really being. This is inauthentic scumhunting and is worth voting for you by itself.

Unvote. Vote: sageamagoo.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #376 (isolation #12) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:04 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

In post 345, Ghostlin wrote:
In post 344, sageamagoo wrote:
In post 336, IceGuy wrote:I'm giving up on trying to argue with you idiots - you can safely continue your "IceGuy is scum because IceGuy is scum" circlejerk.

Here are my reads (town = +5, neutral = 0, scum = -5):

MoI, +3: Seems to be playing his town game here, but the Otolia "kill it with fire!!!" case smells fishy.
Baby Spice, +2: Started off rather scummy but now gives off town vibes. Willing to give benefit of the doubt.
PeregrineV, -2: Limited activity and content.
EtherealCookie, -4: Almost no content, wagon-jumping.
whispersilk: No read.
Otolia, 0: Has showed behavior which was scummy, but his response to the MoI case seems more annoyed town.
BBMolla, -4: Same as EtherealCookie.
TheJackalope, 0: At least some scumhunting, but also little real content and wagon-jumping.
Oversoul, +4: Genuine, but too little posting for a solid town read.
Wraith: No read.
Ghostlin, +3: Strange behavior in the beginning (voting ConS->Maxous->GW in the span of several posts) but otherwise genuine.
sageamagoo, 0: DY has a good point. Does give off some town vibes though.
Dry-Fit, -2: Same as PeregrineV.
Bogre, -4: Same as EtherealCookie.
Global Warming, 0: Don't like wagon-jumping and late miller claim. Rest seems genuine though.
Alabaska J: No read.
sorgster, +4: I doubt scum would put as much work into the Magister Ludi case as he did.
Yosarian2, +5: Genuine.
Magister Ludi, +1: Does give off town vibes but I find him hard to read. Meta tells don't seem to work.
David Xanatos, -2: Same as PeregrineV.
Maxous, -2: Posts enough but says little. Don't like wagon-jumping and zMuffinMan defense.
DarthYoshi, +5: Genuine and I mostly agree with him.

StefanB, -5: For reasons already stated approximately a million times.
zMuffinMan, -1: Early behavior town, don't like his StefanB defense and the Maxous/zMuffinMan connection.

DarthYoshi is totally on the same team as Iceguy.
I don't get the town vibes you seem to be getting, Ice. Certainly not enough to give him a full +5. Somehow, this list also seems to differ a little from what I think Ice would actually think. It seems he wants to make reads that fit other's ideas instead of using his own.

This presumes that IG, as a scum player, would be buddying DY. Often with scum, that's not the case.

Why do you think DY is scum?

Blatant prod dodge. RL got away from me the last couple of days, and I should have some time tomorrow and Wednesday to catch up. But after just skimming what I've missed, I want to point out what Ghosty is saying here. Scum aren't dense enough to create that kind of a trail to buddies. So the argument sageamagoo, is that if IceGuy is scum (which you certainly think he is--your vote is on him, anyways), then I am actually much more likely to be town.

So the question then becomes, is this post coming from frustrated town or scum trying to discredit their attacker? Given the weak foundation of attacking me based on an IceGuy association (as well as my general belief that players who try to hunt in scumteams before flips are more likely to be scum themselves), I'd say it's the latter.

Ghosty, why didn't you vote sageamagoo after this post?

I'll have more to say after I'm done catching up.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #410 (isolation #13) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:02 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

In post 381, sageamagoo wrote:
In post 318, DarthYoshi wrote:and finally,
scumhunting in terms of a scumteam on D1 is not infrequently done by scum to try to pretend to be more helpful than they are really being.

In post 376, DarthYoshi wrote:I want to point out what Ghosty is saying here.
Scum aren't dense enough to create that kind of a trail to buddies.
So the argument sageamagoo, is that if IceGuy is scum (which you certainly think he is--your vote is on him, anyways), then I am actually much more likely to be town.

Soo... you use an argument against me, and then you tell me it's ridiculous when I suggest Ice is paired with you?

Yep. I'm failing to see your problem with this. Please enlighten me.

Maxous wrote:In post 376, DarthYoshi wrote:
So the argument sageamagoo, is that if IceGuy is scum (which you certainly think he is--your vote is on him, anyways), then I am actually much more likely to be town.

Lol,
nice attempt. =D

If you want to call me scum, call me scum and say why. Don't bring the weaksauce like this.

Maxous wrote:Where does the 'frustated' part come from?

My personal belief is that OMGUS-like reactions can sometimes be more indicative of frustration level than alignment.

sage wrote:Yay, someone who finally agrees with me!

^Buddying. Aka the exact same thing you had a beef with over the IceGuy-me association. Moving onward.

sage wrote:And now I may be a target in days to come (night or day), although I really should't be.

This too is voteworthy. Target of what? NKs? PRs? That you are afraid of being a target in a game with multiple scum factions honestly points more to you being scum more than being a PR (since, unless there's a vig/SK in a setup, scum don't fear the NK for obv reasons).

I'm still amazed that Ghosty and I (and I guess Maxous, now, a little bit) are the only ones seeing problems coming from sage.

Sidebar: Alabaska's #403 about Bogre is a good point especially given the sheer amount of lurking Bogre has been doing all day. I could get behind some pressure his direction.

Out of the leading wagons so far, I'd still rather see Otolia lynched.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #411 (isolation #14) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:07 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

In post 340, Maxous wrote:
In post 335, sageamagoo wrote:
Ice is one of the scummiest posters here, and you have nothing to say to him, instead going against Stephan. I could imagine you being on the same team as Ice.

DY has'nt said anything about StefanB :/

I called him town early in the game based on his interactions with MoI. The read is admittedly not as strong now with the wagon on him, but I think he is still more likely to be town than not.

@Jak: Please explain why EC and IceGuy cannot be scum together in a game WITH MULTIPLE SCUM FACTIONS. Your scum hunting so far is useless. Do real scumhunting or die already.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #442 (isolation #15) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:55 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

@GW: What in particular about Bogre's post is giving you good vibes? IIRC, you've been fairly silent re: sage, and bogre was weighing in positively on whisper, in opposition to your read on her. Does. Not. Compute. Bogre shouldn't be getting off that easy from you (especially if that post of yours was from CS...if it was, that's surprising).
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #443 (isolation #16) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:56 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

In post 439, TheJakalope wrote:Prodge.

Ghostlin is town.
Oversoul is likely town.
DavidX is leaning scum, but Iceguy or Otolia is today's lynch.

You really don't care about helping the town win, do you?
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #466 (isolation #17) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:20 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

zMuffinMan wrote:I've read Yoshi in ISO. I completely disagree that your point (1) means what you think it means and your point (2) isn't even a town tell. It's 4:30am though, so I'll save explanations for when I'm not half-asleep.

The fallacy of your argument is that if a player isn't on a towntell, then they must be scum, which is why null reads exist.

That, and you aren't really arguing anything. You haven't pointed to anything that makes me scummy, you're just repeating it over and over again in the hopes that maybe other people will repeat it too. Weak.

Also,
V/LA for the weekend.
I should be back late Sunday.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #572 (isolation #18) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:44 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

In post 569, Oversoul wrote:Wait, how was IceGuy lynched with 13 votes?

My guess is that there is a double-voter in the setup (or a vote-thief of some kind). And since the double-voter (or whatever) mechanic wasn't revealed until the lynch and nobody has claimed the double vote yet, my guess is that it is a scum PR.

@Muffin: Some of your reads are...interesting. I get why you might have a townread on sorgster, but why is DavidX town?

@oversoul: Why is viability of a wagon already concerning you when the day has just started? If Alabaska is your #1 read, it concerns me that you are not voting him out of the gate.
FOS oversoul

@Fonz: How much does meta tend to weigh in for your scumhunting? You're using your experience a lot in trying to read players like Yos, and I'm worried in particular about your playslot because of who you replaced.

I'm not sure yet what to think about The Fonz's entry, and I'm pretty comfortable with the Jak wagon (not only in terms of its target but who is on it) to head there for the moment.

Vote: TheJakalope.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #622 (isolation #19) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:50 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

In post 581, Wraith wrote:The fact that DX had suspicion on MoI is null. While scum don't kill their suspects, MoI has a reputation as a strong town player, and was obvtown. Therefore, null.

As for IceGuy's lynching, isn't there a role whose vote decreases the amount of votes required to lynch the target it's voting on? Either that or a double-secret doublevoter.

Hang on, you actually have a point about the nature of a double-scumteam game. I suppose MoI could plausibly have been killed for that reason.

This post is seriously setting off my scumdar. Look through each paragraph carefully.

First one is hypothesizing about the NK (which on D2 is, at best, an art), and Wraith comes to no real conclusion about DX about it.

Second one is speculation about the setup, which is useless for two reasons: 1) IceGuy flipped VT, not VT-Who-Gets-Lynched-At-L-1. 2) Nobody has claimed a double vote or vote stealer ability yet. As I said before, the lack of the claim makes me think this is in fact a scum PR.

Third one is a supposition about the NK motivation all over again, but with no action based on that belief afterwards. A complete lack of initiative.

All three paragraphs are incredibly scummy. Given Wraith's wraith-like (har har har) presence in the background on D1, and this post alone, I want a wagon on him NOW.

Unvote. Vote: Wraith.

PS: Jakalope is still scum, though. The Fonz I am less sure about now. He's def playing more townish than his predecessor, so I need to go back and re-read that slot.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #623 (isolation #20) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:50 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

In post 621, Otolia wrote:@Ghostlin : sorgster is maybe WIFOMing the hell out of me, but you sure smoke too much happy weed.

Also, WTH does this mean? :?
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #632 (isolation #21) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:19 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

In post 629, David Xanatos wrote:Uuh, Ghostlin, who claimed DV? I don't see it..

Ghosty's right, I just didn't see it in my initial read-through. The Fonz claims the double vote in his #592, after his reply to me about meta.

zMuffinMan wrote:Are you... are you retarded? Do you not think it's possible that he's scum hunting for... other scum?

Every time you hint that I am scum, why are you not hearing the jingle "the cheese stands alone" ringing in your ears?

PS: If you think Wraith's reason for a townread on me is weak (which it kinda is), shouldn't that be indicative of his scumminess as well? He offers scumhunting as a towntell but is doing none himself.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #645 (isolation #22) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:59 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

In post 639, BBmolla wrote:

People on the lame Jakolope wagon too, what's your read on Dry?

I keep forgetting that he is even in this game. Which is a bad sign.

Why is the Jak wagon lame again?

Sidebar: Gut instinct about CS's last post as GW is bad. I modded a game with him as scum recently (Newbie 1136), and he would post exactly like this--some line-by-line, but over mostly irrelevant stuff and being very uncommittal about his vote. And I'm still not sure I believe the miller claim, so
FoS GW.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #664 (isolation #23) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:11 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

In post 659, Maxous wrote:

In post 632, DarthYoshi wrote:PS: If you think Wraith's reason for a townread on me is weak (which it kinda is), shouldn't that be indicative of his scumminess as well? He offers scumhunting as a towntell but
is doing none himself

???

Fair enough. After skimming Wraith's ISO, he's doing more than I am giving him credit for. I remembered him as having coasted through all of D1, made a couple catch-up posts to make up for it, and went back to coasting. There's a little more townish activity there than I had originally given myself the impression of, which helps balance out his scummier posts a little. Not off the hook yet, but there are probably bigger fish to fry.

Accordingly,
Unvote. Vote: Jakalope.
Shouldn't need to explain this one.

And,
FoS: Dry-Fit.
His ISO really does read like a scum trying to fly underneath the radar.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I approve of both leading wagons.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #687 (isolation #24) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:27 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

In post 686, Oversoul wrote:Sorg and Jak on Dry's wagon makes me think they are of an opposite scumteam if DF is scum

VOTE: Jakalope

Yes I am calling Sorg and Jak scumbuddies.

This presumes DF is town. Why is DF town?

Also, Jak's vote reeks of self-preservation. Read his ISO--he has said nary a peep about Dry-Fit at all, and then puts an unexplained bandwagon vote on him. Jak needs to die today.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #688 (isolation #25) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:27 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Also, why are sorg and jak on the same scumteam again?
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #695 (isolation #26) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:34 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

In post 689, zMuffinMan wrote:

yoshi wrote:This presumes DF is town. Why is DF town?

You are not reading.

Then you can tell me why DF is town.

muffin wrote:
yoshi wrote:Also, Jak's vote reeks of self-preservation.

Self-preservation isn't really scummy if you're the only other main wagon. That said, he should fucking do something.

I'm also a bit annoyed that Alabaska is appearing in almost everyone's scum list and not a single person has claimed to have a town read on him, but there's no support for his lynch.

meh.

It isn't that I don't think Alabaska is scummy or worthy of a lynch, it is just that there are players who are scummier and Fonz won the double voting lottery, so there's only so much I can do for ya on that one.

What exactly is your read on Jak? Your comment to me above is extremely noncommittal.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #759 (isolation #27) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:10 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

A quick hodgepodge of thoughts from me--

Emp's entry is entirely null to me right now. It usually takes me a little while to be able to read him anyways because of his brevity. About your townread on Alabaska, Emp, do you have experience with Alabaska that makes you think he was being genuine, or it really is nothing more than gut? Would also like to express surprise that only Ghostlin picked up on this particular read enough to ask you about it. Does the fact that two of your other townreads (TT and Muffin) are voting him affect how you created your reads?

@Muffin: I am reading. Your previous statement on Jak said you think he's town. However, you did NOT say why, and instead said why other people are suspecting him. You ARE leaving the door open to change your mind on him pretty damn easily. If this is a hard and fast read of yours, it feels manufactured. If it isn't, then why won't you just come otu and say so?

@Oversoul: Looks like we'll have to do this the hard way. What about their interaction says scum, especially before either of them have flipped yet? Point being, you're using associative scumhunting before it is at its most useful, which I honestly think is often a scumtell.

@Bogre: What exactly are you pinging about my D1 play again?
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #760 (isolation #28) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:11 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

In post 757, Maxous wrote:

Dry-Fit wagon is still looking like a mislynch.
tbh it looks more like a lynch due to playstyle
rather than anything scummy he has done. (a low-key playstyle)
In fact half of it seems to be he has'nt been acting
scummy enough
(along with not town enough).

emphasis mine. Would you agree with the people who are saying the exact same thing about the Jak wagon, and why or why not?
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #837 (isolation #29) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:05 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Just out of curiosity, why are people writing off sorgster's 768 and 771 as a giant case of stupid as opposed to scum trying to posture?

Emp wrote:Fos: Pere - I get the feeling as if there's a plan to fleet around the small wagons that nobody cares about.

Emp, what do you mean "fleet around the small wagons?" I've never heard this expression before. :S If you're saying what I think you're saying, then I agree, this was NOT a pro-town vote from PV.

On a similar note, though,
FOS Bogre
for lurkertastic playing and parking their vote on a player who, albeit is saying some colossally stupid/scummy things, is clearly not going to be the day's lynch.

Still fine with either a Dry Fit or a Jak lynch, though.

@Whispersilk's #812: Why on G-d's green earth did you not put a vote out in this post when the deadline is four days away? You get an
FoS
for that alone. There is zero pro-town reason for not having a vote out right now.

@Alabaska's #814: Again with the hunting in terms of scumbuddies before there are flips. How is this useful scumhunting? Combined with the defensive nature of this post, it's definitely scummy. Still not as scummy as Dry or Jak, but you're worth lynching.

The Fonz wrote:2) Yes, obviously, Wraith could not have been rolefishing since the post where Wraith asked that followed you claiming your role. It comes off more as thinking out loud (How can he be vig when there's only two kills?)

I actually disagree with this entirely--it is still rolefishing, just not rolefishing on Ghosty in particular. The obv answer to your parenthetical question is that there is a confirmed doc in the setup, so what point is there to Wraith asking that exact question from a pro-town standpoint? Wraith should still be on your radar.

muffin wrote:If there's a particular read you want from me, or a particular in-game event I need to comment on, ask.

Everytime a player says this, a kitten dies, and I think a little bit more that they are scum (the player, not the kitten...though the kitten might be too.)

Finally,
V/LA for the weekend. Will be back Sunday evening or sometime on Monday.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #880 (isolation #30) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:14 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Vote: BBMolla.

Read BB's ISO #13, 14, and 17. Pushed a counterwagon to Jak from the start, stayed on said counterwagon despite NEVER actually saying why Dry-Fit was scummy--seriously. ISO #12, says he can't put his finger on it. Never actually does put his finger on it.

BB is Jak's buddy and I will not rest today until he gets rope.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #939 (isolation #31) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:07 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

V/LA for the weekend again. Be back late Sunday or on Monday.

Also,
Unvote.
I am extremely leery of who is on the BB wagon with me, even though I am supremely bothered by BB's ongoing softclaim.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #969 (isolation #32) » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:14 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Quick check in before I disappear again for the rest of the weekend. Two thoughts atm:

Okay. BB's softclaim is terribly executed, but I am actually semi-inclined to believe it. However, this does not let him off the hook because even if a society is confirmed non wolf, that still means they could be maf, and vice versa.

Maxous's reaction to being outed is incredibly scummy. Basically confirms his role but doesn't fullclaim, which means he has something to hide. He's a scum RB, I'm about 95% sure of it now.

There are a few other tidbits about random things people have said that are pinging my radar, and I'll write those up on Monday.

Vote: Maxous.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #1056 (isolation #33) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:15 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Prod doge. Real post coming in a few hours.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #1058 (isolation #34) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:18 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

In post 1025, whispersilk wrote:What if Max did roleblock BB, but they are both town, and there was only one night kill for another reason entirely?

I also still think sorgster is scummy.

If you really believed this, why did you not vote for sorgster when you unvoted in your subsequent post?

@CS/GW: Aside from Max, who do you most suspect on the sorgster wagon and why?

Though FTR, sorgster's above post DOES sound scummy--note he says that he will now defend himself (as opposed to, say, scumhunt). You get a
FOS
for that, sorgster.

Fonz's 980 is overly defensive, especially given he is addressing a player who is (no offense, Stefan) probably less skilled than Fonz. Fonz is still on my scumdar.

Toasty's 1020 = Toasty is probtown. Ghosty highlights this, but his press on Maxous is a good one.

@Wraith's 1048: Not really. Scum trying to hinder the opposite scum faction sounds like a pretty legit reason to RB BB to me. More unhelpful analysis from you.

Bogre's scumhunting continues to be a colossal pile of unhelpful fail, to the point that I actually think this kind of blatant unhelpfulness is creating WIFOM preventing me from keeping a hard scumread on him. But if the town is out of vig shots, he'll need to die at some point.

Maxous's play continues to be tentative and scummy post-outing of his role. Vote stays.

Players I would be fine with lynching today:
Max
Fonz
Wraith
DX
Bogre
And the jury is still out on BB. Like I said, I'm actually believing his claim about his SS guaranteeing he is not wolf, but that doesn't exonerate him--just means my original cause for suspicion (the Jak association) falls through. He's still independently scummy.

Pedit: LOL, yeah, that's a slip. BB is prob maf now. I'm fine with lynching him if that's the way it goes.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #1093 (isolation #35) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:01 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

In post 1069, Yosarian2 wrote:
In post 1043, Maxous wrote:Yosarian - hypothetically would
you
have sent DX out to make a night kill after Day 2?

(nods) That's a reasonable, actually. That's one reason why a pro-town roleblocker might target their #2 or #3 suspect.

There's still a decent chance Max is a scum roleblocker here, but it seems more plausible to me now that he's telling the truth then it did earlier in the day, so I'm going to
Unvote:Maxous

Vote:sorgster

So you're conceding Max is probscum and also voting a player you've had no real interaction with today, or expressed much direct suspicion of. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot??

Maxous wrote:Darth Yoshi's last post was...actually very scummy. Will explain when have more time. Feel free in the meantime to look at it yourself.

If my scumminess in that post was that obvious, then coming up with a quick-n-dirty two-sentence summary shouldn't have been that arduous for you. Methinks this is manufactured.

@whispersilk: I'm still waiting for you to answer my question about your unvote w/out a sorgster revote.

Side note, deadline is in about four days. Dry-Fit, sorgster, BB, think about moving your votes to where they will actually make a difference. PV, why on G-d's green earth do you not have your vote out right now? I feel like you're usually more on top of shit than that.

Of the three wagons today, I still most want to see Max lynched, by far.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #1096 (isolation #36) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:07 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

In post 1091, Wraith wrote:Fonz seems to have a fascinating habit of taking the words out of my mouth.

This concerns me.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #1101 (isolation #37) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:33 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

In post 1099, The Fonz wrote:

Max, even if he is a scum RB, is now incapable of blocking town-looking targets or claimed power (since he's trying to pretend to be town-RB) and has been outed as a threat to the 'other' scumgroup. If he's a town PR, either scumgroup will have reason to shoot him because he has the potential to do them significant harm with his action. Lynching him is unnecessary.

Rly? Our scumgroups have had a great track record so far at getting rid of claimed PRs. Ghosty drew one of the most confirmable town PRs possible and is still alive on D3.

This is an awful reason to not lynch Max.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #1107 (isolation #38) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:27 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

In post 1104, Yosarian2 wrote:
In post 1093, DarthYoshi wrote:
In post 1069, Yosarian2 wrote:
In post 1043, Maxous wrote:Yosarian - hypothetically would
you
have sent DX out to make a night kill after Day 2?

(nods) That's a reasonable, actually. That's one reason why a pro-town roleblocker might target their #2 or #3 suspect.

There's still a decent chance Max is a scum roleblocker here, but it seems more plausible to me now that he's telling the truth then it did earlier in the day, so I'm going to
Unvote:Maxous

Vote:sorgster

So you're conceding Max is probscum and also voting a player you've had no real interaction with today, or expressed much direct suspicion of. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot??

Do you know what words mean?

Yosarian2 wrote:
still a decent chance Max is scum,
but it
seems more plausable to me that he's telling the truth

What I just said in that post you just quoted is that he still could be scum, but I now think he's more likely to be town then scum, so I'm unvoting him and moving my vote to what looks like a better wagon. That's kind of the opposite of "concluding he's probably scum".

^ misses the point. You expressed literally zero suspicion of sorgster as of late, much less really interacted with or scumhunted on him at all. You still havent said why exactly you think hes scum. And you you do so while hopping off the leading wagon on a player you admit has a decent chance of flipping scum. Its like youre trying to not lynch scum today.

Essentially, It isnt just that you abandoned that wagon, it was how you did it.

Yos goes from leaning town to null leaning scum. And if max flips scum, i think this is enough grounds to wagon yos tomorrow.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #1148 (isolation #39) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:50 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

In post 1146, Otolia wrote:The use of 'I' and 'we' on the last post is very interesting.

It really isn't. The more I hear about BB's claim, as poorly as it may have been rolled out, the more inclined I am to believe it.

@Yos: My tactics don't work? You're seeing the need to blatantly refer to yourself as obvtown in response to them. Just sayin'.

If sorg flips town, whisper looks pretty bad. So does Fonz, actually.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #1150 (isolation #40) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:05 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

1117. In fairness, the exact wording is pro-town, but yeah.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”