farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Big Brother Mafia - Town wins!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:01 am

Post by farside22 »

Welcome to Big Brother I'm your host farside.
All the players are competing for a cool 1 million dollars in prized which will be split between the group.......did I forget to mention that little detail.

Where is Julie Chen you may ask well she was shot by the evil chen bots. There is also the mafia producers in the game trying to manipulate the players to give into their emotions and please the audience that toons in to watch their misery!

Lets met the players!!!! (5)
Crazy
snow_bunny
Kmd4390
Hewitt
bv310
saberwolf

PaltryExcuse
MrFinch
pablito
Grandi
whoot1234

Llamafluff
Kast
zwetschenwasser

animorpherv1
BV310
SlySly
Sironigous

coup d'etat clues:

Clue #1.

Clue #2.
Clue #3
Last edited by farside22 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:12 pm, edited 45 times in total.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:07 am

Post by farside22 »

During each gameday, one player will be crowned with the role of Head of Household (HoH) and has the responsibility of nominating two players for eviction (lynch). The players will have the opportunity to discuss potential candidates before and after the two nominees have been announced. Before the deadline, except for the two nominees and the HoH all players must publicly vote on who they want they want to evict. Votes are irrevocable and the nominee who has the most eviction votes will be evicted (lynched). In the case of a tie, the current HoH will publicly break the tie.
The most recently evicted player will then unilaterally select who s/he wants to be the next day’s Head of Household, which can not be the same player that was HOH that day. The game ends when either one of the mafia families equal/outnumber all other players alive or when only townspeople remain

Each game cycle has several deadlines. Failure to meet certain deadlines may result in forfeiture of power or modkill (if necessary). The first deadline is for the HoH to nominate two players. This must occur within 7 days since the last lynch. The HoH cannot nominate himself for lynch and must nominate only two players. The second deadline is for special powers (such as power of veto, coup d'etat or america's player, etc.). These powers can only be used by the 10th day in a game cycle. Beyond that point, these powers cannot be used in that game cycle. By the 13th day, each nominee must PM me the name of who they would like to become the next HoH in case s/he is evicted. Also, aside from the nominees and the HoH all players except the nominees must publicly vote to evict one of the nominees. If you fail to vote before the deadline, you may be modkilled. Once a player has been lynched, his/her selection for HoH will be crowned for the next game cycle and the deadlines reset.

The general rules for Big Brother (US) can be found on wikipedia.
Last edited by farside22 on Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:14 am

Post by farside22 »

Rules

• Each game cycle, one player will be crowned Head of Househould (HoH) by the most recently lynched townsperson. This person will hold the position of HoH for the remainder of the cycle and thus cannot be lynched, unless a special power allows otherwise. The HoH has the responsibility of nominating two players for eviction by the 7th day in the game cycle. If for some reason nominations have been changed due to a separate game mechanic, the HoH may lose his ability for nominations or may be forced to change his/her nominations. If this occurs, the HoH will be notified of the changes and new deadlines. The HoH’s only other responsibility is to place a vote in the event of a tie. The HoH should continue to participate in the game throughout the week, as lynches are the only way to eliminate the scum.
• Once the two nominees have been announced, each nominee must PM the mod who s/he would like to become the next HoH in the case that the nominee him/herself is lynched. No individual can become HoH in consecutive game cycles. If no PM is received prior to the nominee being lynched, previous data or a random choice may be used in its stead. A lynched person cannot send in a choice after his/her lynch.
• Except for the current HoH and two nominees, all other players must vote to lynch/evict one of the nominees. Failure to do so before the deadline may result in modkill. All votes must be in bold. Vote: Nominee. In this game, there is no unvoting and please do not confirm your vote. Once you vote, you are stuck with it. Everyone who is eligible must vote before deadline. Lynches will require a simple plurality of votes. If the count ends in a tie, the current HoH will break the tie publicly. If at deadline a player has not yet voted by the 14-day deadline, he may be modkilled.
• Once all players have voted, I will formally post a final vote count. If I do not formally post a final vote count, assume that the lynch has already occurred and deadlines reset. Once you have been lynched, you may no longer post, not even a “bah” post. Please do not discuss the game further with people inside or outside the game.
• If any special powers exist in the game (ie: power of veto), they will be a two-shot ability that can be passed onward to other players. The current holder of the power can elect to use it that week or pass it onward to another player for the next week. When a special power is used in the game, the current holder will PM me how s/he wants to use the power. These powers must be used by the 10-day deadline (to prevent last minute manipulation). Once I receive notice that the current holder wishes to use the power, I will reveal the results of said power, as well as the history of who has had that power during each week in the game. POV will no longer be in play as of game day 8. After day 8 there will no longer be a POV in the game.
If the POV is used it will go back into play and given to a player at random. Once used a second time the POV will no longer be in the game.
• coup d'etat - each week I will post a clue. The only hint you will get for the coup d'etat is there are 2 puzzles and you must get both correct to receive this power. Once coup d'etat is won I will announce in the game that a player won coup d'etat but not say who won. You can only submit an answer twice in one week. I will not tell you if you have one puzzle correct. I will only tell you that you are wrong. Once you are correct about both puzzles I will inform you. You must use the coup d'eta by game day 8 or the prize is void.
• Do not edit/delete any previous submitted posts. Do not use invisible text or color=black.
• Do not quote any PMs from me, or anything from outside the game. The game is not to be discussed outside of the thread.
• Please try to post at least once per day. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period, please post a notice to that effect in the thread and PM me ASAP. Treat this game as a commitment and be considerate.
• I am your mod. Anything I say goes. PM me if you have any questions.

Please confirm in thread. Mafia may talk to each other via PMs until the game officially begins. Once all confirms are in, we will begin shortly thereafter.

Deadline:

1 - HoH crowned
7 - HoH must announce the two nominees
10 - Any special powers must be used
13 - All votes must be posted in thread. Both nominees must have PMed their choice for HoH for next week in the case of his/her eviction.
Last edited by farside22 on Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:19 am

Post by farside22 »

This is an open game the following roles are in the game

The evil chenbot 3:
You are in the evil chenbot 3 with AAA BBB and CCC.. You may talk with your fellow mafia until the midpoint of D0. I will notify you 48 hours before this deadline. You may NOT PM your fellow mafia or any other player still alive after that point.

Win condition: The evil chenbot 3 is alive and outnumbers or equals all others still in the game.
Chat thread:
Please confirm in thread.

The mafia producers:
You are in the mafia producers with XXX YYY and ZZZ.. You may talk with your fellow mafia until the midpoint of D0. I will notify you 48 hours before this deadline. You may NOT PM your fellow mafia or any other player still alive after that point.

Win condition: The mafia producers is alive and outnumbers or equals all others still in the game.

Chat thread:

floater townie:
You are a “floater”. You are not allowed to communicate with any of the other players outside the thread.

Win Condition: You win with the Town when all evil is gone.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:30 am

Post by farside22 »

Please read all the rules carefully and confirm in thread.
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:31 am

Post by saberwolf »

/confirm
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:46 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

/confirm, pursued by a bear
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:47 am

Post by Mufasa »

/confirm
whoot1234
whoot1234
Townie
whoot1234
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:48 am

Post by whoot1234 »

/confirm
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:54 am

Post by SlySly »

/confirm
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:06 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

/confirm
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:22 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

/conform
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:41 am

Post by SensFan »

yepperdoodles.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:44 am

Post by SensFan »

How is the HoH crowned D1?
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:09 am

Post by farside22 »

SensFan wrote:How is the HoH crowned D1?
Day 1 everyone votes in thread for the person to be HOH. The person with the most votes after 7 days will be HOH.
After that it is as the rules show.
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:11 am

Post by Mufasa »

is it after 7 days or as soon as one get s majority?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:13 am

Post by farside22 »

Mufasa wrote:is it after 7 days or as soon as one get s majority?
I'm giving it 7 days and I will have a countdown clock once we reach the last day to nominate the first HOH. As the person with the most votes wins and in case of a tie it will be the person who had the first vote on them that will be HOH.
Mr Finch
Mr Finch
Goon
Mr Finch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:40 am

Post by Mr Finch »

/confirm

For my first non-newbie game. Woohoo!
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:46 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

/infirm
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:49 am

Post by Crazy »

/confirm
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:53 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

aha!
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:04 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

I IS HERE.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:07 am

Post by saberwolf »

/confirm again :D
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:10 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

saberwolf wrote:/con again :D
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Sironigous
Sironigous
Goon
Sironigous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:17 am

Post by Sironigous »

/confirm!
Trinka Trinka!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”