Newbie 893 - Newbieland! (GAME OVER)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Newbie 893 - Newbieland! (GAME OVER)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:53 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Newbie 893 - Newbieland!

Mod: xRECKONERx
Backup Mod: Patrick

Welcome to Newbieland! Here in this newbie-filled theme park, you've all stumbled upon the body of anonymous park-goer X! Oh no! Looks like you've got a case of MURDER on your hands! You know what'd be a great idea? Lynching each person one by one until we find the real killers! Huzzah!

Game Status:
GAME OVER!

ALIVE (1)
TheButtonmen (replaced SaintKerrigan D2 (replaced JarcLovesCinn D1))

DEAD (9)
X, anonymous parkgoer, neutral NPC, killed N0

Riza, Cop, lynched D1
ThetaSigma, Vanilla Townie, killed N1
Pomegranate (IC), Vanilla Townie, lynched D2
chauchaudotcom (SE), Vanilla Townie, killed N2

RayFrost (SE), Mafia Goon, lynched D3

Gayle (replaced Honest Abel D1)
Nikanor (replaced Hetemens D1)
My Milked Eek (replaced Vaporeonage D1)

MODKILLED (0)nobody, hopefully

• Game Flow:

• Assuming you don't lynch or anything first, each day will last three weeks, which is standard for newbie games. You may request a deadline extension, but it is up to my final decision whether or not I grant the extension based on what I've seen. There will not be a lynch if the game goes to night due to this deadline--someone has to consciously place a hammer vote.
  • You may choose to go to night without a lynch before then, by having at least half of the players
    vote: No Lynch
    . (That's half, not a full majority.)
  • Votes should be posted in the format '
    vote: Barack Obama
    .' I expect them to be entirely bold, but don't try to exploit this to trick someone. I'll count what I damn well want to count. I will register misspellings and nicknames if I can figure out who you're referring to. You do not have to
    unvote
    , but you're welcome to do so anyway.
  • When a player has the majority of the votes at a single point, they are dead and the game goes to twilight. You may post in twilight until I get a lynch scene up.
  • Night deadlines are usually going to be 48-hours, or whenever I receive all actions. If you have a role but don't want to perform a night action, just PM me with the phrase
    No Night Action
    so I know you've made your choice.
  • If any anti-town faction does not submit a kill at night, they will no kill and the day phase will continue.

What is and isn't allowed:

• Unless otherwise specified, living players can't communicate with each other out of the thread. I will set up a QuickTopic for anyone who is able to communicate with someone else.
  • You
    may
    rant to both dead players and nonplaying friends, although you're encouraged to first make sure that said friends aren't interested in replacing in with you. (I am of course available, sympathetic and discreet.) Regardless of where you found them, rantbuddies may not reveal their own opinions on the game.
  • "Dead" means "dead." You can have one "Bah! I'm dead! Go town!" post afterwards, but if it contains any game relevant information, I will delete it, bring you back from the dead, and modkill you just to prove a point.
  • Read your role PM and
    summarize it in your confirmation PM response to me
    . Unless I've posted it publically, you may not reference its wording in-thread. You can paraphrase if you must claim, but any direct quotation of any PMs will result in a modkill.
  • The ooc font and
    tags are my domain. Don't use them. Don't pretend to use them.
  • You may only type in default font, italics, bold, underline, etc. Do not increase or decrease default font size, do not change font colors, etc.

What to expect from me:

• Do try to be active, and leave a notification in-thread and/or by PM if that's not possible. I will automatically prod anyone who has not posted over 72 hours--and that's pretty lenient; you are expected to post more than once every three days. If asked, I will disclose the status of any prod.
  • If you don't post in-thread in response to a prod within 24 hours, I will seek a replacement to take over your role. I may seek replacement for a player who lurks consistently without breaking this rule, but you'll have some sort of warning first.
  • If you receive three prods in a row without much contribution to the game, you will automatically be replaced.
  • I'll try to post one votecount per page, as close to the top as possible. If I make errors, please correct me.
  • I'm one of those "spirit-of-the-game"-type hippies. This ruleset is a guideline. I reserve the right to change it at will, and even in extreme circumstances enforce it retroactively. If a strategy feels shady to you, you might want to take it up with me first.

Miscellaneous:

• Play to win, but do try to have fun while you're at it.
Thanks, Ether, for the original ruleset which I modified.

The setup used in this game is called F11. One of the four setups below will be selected at random:
1 mafia goon + 1 mafia roleblocker vs. 1 cop + 1 doctor + 5 vanilla townies
2 mafia goons vs. 1 cop + 6 vanilla townies
2 mafia goons vs. 1 doctor + 6 vanilla townies
1 mafia goon + 1 mafia roleblocker vs. 7 vanilla townies

The mafia will know right off the bat whether they have a roleblocker or not, and from there they'll be able to narrow this down to two setups.

Each of you will receive a role PM; all of the role PMs put together will add up to one of the above setups. Here are possible roles:
Vanilla Townie Role PM wrote:You are a
vanilla townie
!

You are armed with your two most powerful tools: your voice, and your vote. Each day, you must discuss and vote in the thread to try and find the anti-town members among you. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated. Please confirm that you have read and understand your role in-thread.
Cop Role PM wrote:You are a
cop
!

During the day, you must work with the rest of the town to lynch the bad guys among you! At night, however, you are able to investigate one player. To do so, send me a PM with the name of the player you wish to investigate. I will respond with one of the following replies: "guilty", "innocent", or "investigation failed". You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated. Please confirm that you have read and understand your role in-thread.
Doctor Role PM wrote:You are a
doctor
!

During the day, you must work with the rest of the town to lynch the bad guys among you! At night, however, you are able to protect one player. To do so, send me a PM with the name of the player you wish to protect. If that player is targeted for a kill that night, barring extenuating circumstances, you will use your doctor-powers to stop the kill! You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated. Please confirm that you have read and understand your role in-thread.
Mafia Goon Role PM wrote:You are a
Mafia Goon
!

During the day, you must blend in with the rest of the town and try to keep your identity hidden. At night, you must converse with your partner, PARTNERNAME, in order to plot out who to kill. You win when you are equal in number to the town, or nothing can prevent that from happening. Please confirm that you have read and understand your role in-thread.
Mafia Roleblocker Role PM wrote:You are a
Mafia Roleblocker
!

During the day, you must blend in with the rest of the town and try to keep your identity hidden. At night, you must converse with your partner, PARTNERNAME, in order to plot out who to kill. In addition to being able to kill, you can also choose to roleblock someone. If that person tries to use a night action when you roleblock them, they will fail to do so. You win when you are equal in number to the town, or nothing can prevent that from happening. Please confirm that you have read and understand your role in-thread.
Last edited by xRECKONERx on Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:37 am, edited 31 times in total.
green shirt thursdays
chauchaudotcom
chauchaudotcom
Goon
chauchaudotcom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:54 am

Post by chauchaudotcom »

I actually /outed for the next SE game but since it's already here, might as well. Let's do this!!

/confirm
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:18 am

Post by Honest Abel »

/confirm

What is the point of the roleblocker in this variation?
1 mafia goon + 1 mafia roleblocker vs. 7 vanilla townies

There are no townie roles to block.

Given the setup variations, if this one did not exist, then the Mafia would automatically know the town power roles. With this one as a possibility, nobody can really fully know the setup until at least one role flip.

- Mod
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:22 am

Post by Honest Abel »

kthanks, Mod.
"He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt."
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:29 am

Post by Pomegranate »

/confirm!

Hi all, I'm your friendly neighborhood IC, and I will do my best to explain relevant game theory and tactics when necessary. If you have any questions, then feel free to ask me!

Also,

@Reckoner- the Mafia Roleblocker's role PM says "You are a Mafia Goon".
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:39 am

Post by RayFrost »

/confirmed

Hi all, I'm your friendly neighborhood SE, and I will do my best to explain relevant game theory and tactics when necessary. If you have any questions, then feel free to ask me!

Also,

@Reckoner: You should include "X, anonymous park goer, murdered N0" or something like that. :lol:
don't you feel silly now?
Riza
Riza
Townie
Riza
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:27 pm

Post by Riza »

/confirm

First game, ffff-
JarcLovesCinn
JarcLovesCinn
Townie
JarcLovesCinn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by JarcLovesCinn »

/confirm

been waiting impatiently for my first game :3
Hetemens
Hetemens
Townie
Hetemens
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:42 pm

Post by Hetemens »

/confirm
Wooh! I think I'm ready for this!
ThetaSigma
ThetaSigma
Townie
ThetaSigma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:47 pm

Post by ThetaSigma »

/confirm :O
The Definite Article
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:04 pm

Post by Honest Abel »

RayFrost wrote:/confirmed

Hi all, I'm your friendly neighborhood SE, and I will do my best to explain relevant game theory and tactics when necessary. If you have any questions, then feel free to ask me!

Also,

@Reckoner: You should include "X, anonymous park goer, murdered N0" or something like that. :lol:
Oh hey RayFrost, I didn't notice you at first, but I was just reading Newbie 884 (I read almost the whole thing because I'm anxious for this to start) where you claimed to have made ~5 newbs leave the game/site. Let's see if we can break that record!
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:56 pm

Post by RayFrost »

First off, you shouldn't talk about ongoing games.
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:14 pm

Post by Honest Abel »

I'm supposed to act like they don't exist until they're over? I only mentioned a meta aspect of the game.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:09 pm

Post by RayFrost »

You aren't supposed to reference them at all, yes.

Once a game is over, feel free to talk about it, but it is otherwise not cool.
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:21 am

Post by Honest Abel »

Gotcha. What's next on your list?
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:50 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

It is now Day 1. Deadline is January 29th. I will give Vaporeonage another 24 hours to confirm before I find a replacement.

D1 Vote Count #1Not Voting: JarcLovesCinn, Riza, Hetemens, ThetaSigma, Vaporeonage, Honest Abel, RayFrost, chauchaudotcom, Pomegranate
green shirt thursdays
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:51 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Generally at this point we go through RVS, which stands for Random Voting Stage to start discussion. I will Random
Vote: Rayfrost
Show

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:06 am

Post by Honest Abel »

Well, I'll just get this out of the way right off the bat: I'm pro-town.

I'm going to
Vote: Pomegranate
to start off with, since, as she's the IC, I'll be able to glean what an appropriate response to being random-voted is.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:12 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Honest Abel wrote:Well, I'll just get this out of the way right off the bat: I'm pro-town.

I'm going to
Vote: Pomegranate
to start off with, since, as she's the IC, I'll be able to glean what an appropriate response to being random-voted is.
We'll see about pro-town- if you scumhunt well, you will be considered pro-town.

There usually isn't a response to a RV. Usually RVS leads to serious gameplay when a bandwagon forms on one player. We analyze from there.

Mod, and everyone else: Every week I will be V/LA (Vacation/Limited Access) from Friday afternoon to Saturday evening.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I am V/LA in all my games at this time.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

chauchaudotcom
chauchaudotcom
Goon
chauchaudotcom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:25 am

Post by chauchaudotcom »

V/LA until Sunday because I'm going to SD right now.
I don't like RVS but I will RQS when I get back. Apologies.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:28 am

Post by RayFrost »

Vote: Honest Abel

Avatar (mafia goon type) and username (honest person) don't match, so he's obv not honest, and scum are dishonest, making him scum.
Hetemens
Hetemens
Townie
Hetemens
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:54 pm

Post by Hetemens »

Vote: Chauchaudotcom
because I miss living in sunny ol' California!
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:55 pm

Post by RayFrost »

I was born in Cali.
ThetaSigma
ThetaSigma
Townie
ThetaSigma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:20 pm

Post by ThetaSigma »

This is quite a pickle, isn't it? Take a random stab and possibly (likely) kill the wrong person.... how delightful.

I believe I'll randomly stab

Vote: JarcLovesCinn

Because that username is completely tasteless.
The Definite Article
Riza
Riza
Townie
Riza
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:44 pm

Post by Riza »

Going for someone random.

Vote: Honest Abel

First day votes are hard. D: