Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Mafia 29: Mafia - Game over!

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:05 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

The Pagliuca Mafia has become quite a large and powerful mafia family. Yet, in recent years, their power and influence has been declining. Ever since their brilliant conquest of a small island nation in the Pacific, they have all become complacent and lazy. They’ve forgotten all about killing and have taken to lounging in the sun and the sand of their new private island. However, that is all about to change. The mafia made a critical mistake when they captured the island: they left survivors.

With rumors spreading of townspeople infiltrating the mafia and plotting revenge, the Godfather has decided to take drastic pre-emptive action. Each day, you will all meet to decide upon someone to lynch. The process will continue until all who oppose the mafia are dead.

With the tables turned, how will the mafia fare?

Players

Thesp (replacing bigbenwd)
SSF352 (replacing ZONEACE, bloojay)
commify
Coron
DarkLight140
Genocide Heart
HairyMezican
NanookTheWolf (replacing JDTAY)
Save The Dragons (replacing joe)
Mr. Flay (replacing lazarusmoth)
Locus Cosecant
Mastermind of Sin
Maximus
melchizedek
olliep13
Omniplex
PeaceBringer
Quagmire
StevieT92 (replacing Scalebane)
Uraj45
ZONEACE

Game Over. See End For results.
Last edited by Yggdrasil on Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:59 pm, edited 35 times in total.
[size=75][i]"The owl of Minerva takes flight only when the shades of night are falling."[/i]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Yggdrasil]curriculum vitae[/url][/size]
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:12 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Rules:
(stolen and edited)

1. Do not post anything game related once you are dead. A simple “bah!” post is acceptable, but not posting would be preferable.
  2. Please bold all votes and unvotes. The moderator is not responsible for any miscounts due to unbolded votes, hanging chads, or supreme court rulings.
  3. Quoting any PM from me is strictly prohibited. Unless you like being modkilled.
  4. Do not discuss the game with other players outside of the thread unless your role PM allows it, and only do that at night.
  5. Do not edit/delete any of your submitted posts. Once you’ve posted a mistake it will be there for all eternity.
  6. If you anticipate being gone for more than two days, please inform me and the other players. Side effects of unannounced absences may include nausea, diarrhea, and/or replacement.
  7. Should a deadline be reached and no one has a majority, the player with the most votes will be lynched. However, if no one has over half of a majority of votes by the deadline, no lynch will occur. In the case of a tie, whomever was at the required number of votes first will be lynched.
Mod Note:
Because of the nature of this game, the role names will differ from the names normally encountered in a game of mafia. To avoid confusion here are some quick notes:
  • If you have a role labeled Pro-Mafia, you are part of what would normally be considered the town. Your goal is to rid the “town” of all anti-mafia groups.
  • If you have a role labeled Anti-Mafia, you are part of what would normally be considered the mafia. Your goal is to have only members of your group surviving when the game is done.
  • At any time, you may contact me either publicly (in-thread) or privately (via PM or e-mail) to ask the name of any role in the game (be it as mundane as “cop” or as improbable as “a Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Lasers Out Of Its Ass”). Public questions will be answered in thread and private questions will be answered via PM/e-mail.
  • Below is the role PM of the standard player without a night choice.
    You are a
    Goon
    (Pro-Mafia)
    You have no night choices. You win when all anti-mafia groups are dead.
    Please do not use the formatting of your PM to gain an advantage.
[size=75][i]"The owl of Minerva takes flight only when the shades of night are falling."[/i]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Yggdrasil]curriculum vitae[/url][/size]
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (isolation #2) » Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:53 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Roles have been sent. If you did not receive a role, please contact me.

It is now Day 1. With 21 alive, it will take 11 votes to lynch.

Edit: Damn, bigbenwd beat me to it.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (isolation #3) » Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:11 am

Post by Yggdrasil »

Vote Count:

4 HairyMezican (Maximus, Mastermind of Sin, PeaceBringer, Locus Cosecant)
2 Locus Cosecant (JDTAY, HairyMeizcan)
2 ZONEACE (bigbenwd, Scalebane)
1 bloojay (Commify)
1 commify (olliep13)
1 Coron (Quagmire)
1 Genocide Heart (uraj45)
1 joe (lazarusmoth)
1 lazarusmoth (joe)
1 Omniplex (Coron)

11 to lynch.

I will try to post vote counts more frequently in the future, but please excuse the lack of posting this week as I have finals.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #4) » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:02 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

I will prod them all since none have posted an excuse on the V/LA thread. As stated in the OP, they have until 11:59pm on Wed Dec 15th before I start replacing them.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (isolation #5) » Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:02 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Omniplex has asked to be replaced, so effective immediately
King Enigma
is replacing Omniplex.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (isolation #6) » Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:01 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Wow, on the fourth page in less than two days, keep up the good work.

Vote Count:

7 HairyMezican (Maximus, Mastermind of Sin, PeaceBringer, Locus Cosecant, olliep13, lazarusmoth, ZONEACE)
3 Locus Cosecant (JDTAY, HairyMeizcan, Coron)
2 ZONEACE (bigbenwd, Scalebane)
1 bloojay (Commify)
1 Coron (Quagmire)
1 lazarusmoth (joe)
1 Uraj45 (Genocide Heart)

11 votes to lynch.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (isolation #7) » Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:07 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Uraj45 wrote:
Mod clarification
: Do you use Jeep's no lynch rules? That is, if you vote no lynch you go home for the day and cannot post or vote unless the town reaches half the required votes on you.
No. If you vote no lynch, you can still post, unvote, and vote until the day ends. In other words, voting for no lynch is the same as voting for any player.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (isolation #8) » Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:25 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Again, sorry for the lack of vote counts.

Vote Count

6 HairyMezican (Maximus, Mastermind of Sin, PeaceBringer, Locus Cosecant, lazarusmoth, ZONEACE)
5 ZONEACE (bigbenwd, Scalebane, Coron, Uraj45, DarkLight140)
2 Locus Cosecant (JDTAY, Coron)
1 joe (commify)
1 lazarusmoth (joe)
1 PeaceBringer (HairyMezican)
1 No lynch (olliep13)

11 to lynch.

On a side note, I will have limited/no access this weekend. I will be back Sunday night so I will be able to update then.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (isolation #9) » Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:01 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Sorry for not posting while I was away this weekend. Here is your updated vote count.

Vote Count

7 HairyMezican (Maximus, Locus Cosecant, lazarusmoth, joe, Genocide Heart, JDTAY, ZONEACE)
6 ZONEACE (bigbenwd, Scalebane, Coron, Uraj45, HairyMezican, olliep13)
2 joe (bloojay, DarkLight140)
2 olliep13 (Mastermind of Sin, commify)
1 Coron (ZONEACE)

11 to lynch.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (isolation #10) » Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:21 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Vote Count

5 HairyMezican (Maximus, Locus Cosecant, lazarusmoth, joe, JDTAY)
5 ZONEACE (bigbenwd, Scalebane, Uraj45, HairyMezican, olliep13)
2 Coron (ZONEACE, bloojay)
1 joe (DarkLight140)
1 Locus Cosecant (Mastermind of Sin)
1 Mastermind of Sin (Coron)
1 olliep13 (commify)

11 to lynch.

With lots of discussion, but no results yet, the mafia feel they need less talk and more killing. Thus, they institute a
Deadline
:
Friday, December 24th, 11:59pm PST (USA)
. It seems presents aren't the only thing that Santa is bringing this Christmas eve...

If no one has reached the required 11 votes by the deadline, the person with the most votes will be executed as long as that number of votes exceeds half of a majority (6 votes minimum in this case). In case of a tie, the person who reached that number of votes first will be executed. If no one has 6 votes or more by the deadline, night will begin without an execution.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (isolation #11) » Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:37 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Vote Count
:

5 ZONEACE (bigbenwd, Scalebane, Uraj45, HairyMezican, olliep13)
4 HairyMezican (Maximus, lazarusmoth, joe, JDTAY)
2 Coron (ZONEACE, bloojay)
2 melchizedek (Genocide Heart, Locus Cosecant)
1 joe (DarkLight140)
1 olliep13 (commify)

11 to lynch.

Remember, votes must be bolded for them to count.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (isolation #12) » Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:10 am

Post by Yggdrasil »

Vote Count:

6 ZONEACE (bigbenwd, Scalebane, Uraj45, HairyMezican, olliep13, Coron)

4 Coron (ZONEACE, bloojay, Locus Cosecant, melchizedek)
3 HairyMezican (Maximus, joe, JDTAY)
3 Locus Cosecant (Mastermind of Sin, lazarusmoth, PeaceBringer)
1 melchizedek (Genocide Heart)
1 olliep13 (commify)

11 to lynch

Less than 36 hours until the deadline.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (isolation #13) » Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:12 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

commify wrote:What I'd really like is an extension of the deadline, because people are typically busy during the holidays. I know I have access to the internet, but I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who haven't had time to post recently.
People have known about the deadline since Monday. If enough people request an extension, I will extend it a few more days, but the deadline will likely stay.

On another note, I will be out of town on Dec 28-Jan 1. Therefore, night 1 will last until Jan 1 at least. Hopefully that will give people enough time to get in night choices.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (isolation #14) » Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:17 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Vote Count:

6 ZONEACE (bigbenwd, Scalebane, Uraj45, HairyMezican, olliep13, Coron)

4 Coron (ZONEACE, bloojay, Locus Cosecant, melchizedek)
4 HairyMezican (Maximus, joe, JDTAY, Genocide Heart)
2 Locus Cosecant (Mastermind of Sin, lazarusmoth)
1 olliep13 (commify)

Since 'tis the season to be generous, the deadline has been extended to
Monday, December 27
. This is the final non-extendable deadline.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (isolation #15) » Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:25 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Vote Count
:

8 ZONEACE (bigbenwd, Scalebane, Uraj45, olliep13, HairyMezican, lazarusmoth, Darklight140, Quagmire)

5 Coron (ZONEACE, bloojay, Locus Cosecant, melchizedek, commify)
5 HairyMezican (Maximus, joe, JDTAY, Genocide Heart, Coron)

As night falls on the island, the mafia still has not come to a decision. So, they decide to lynch the person with the most votes: ZONEACE.

The crowd descends upon their helpless victim as they bind him up with heavy iron chains, and toss him into the ocean.

Unfortunately for them, they are no closer to ridding the island of townspeople.

ZONEACE (Goon) is sleeping with the fishes

It is now
NIGHT 1
. I will be out of town until late Jan 1. Night will last at least that long, and may be extended to allow those on holiday vacations to get choices in.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (isolation #16) » Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:30 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Update:

I'm back, but I'm still missing a few night choices. In case some people are sitting back and waiting, I will set a tentative deadline of
Wednesday, January 5 at 11:59pm PDT (US)
. However, any reasonable requests to extend that deadline will be honored. All you have to do is PM/e-mail me.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (isolation #17) » Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:00 am

Post by Yggdrasil »

As day dawns on the small island, the mafia gathers to find that their ranks have thinned. Three people are missing: Quagmire, Locus Cosecant, and melchizedek. After a quick search, you find their bodies. Quagmire’s body is laying face down in a pool of blood, apparently shot in the back. A search of Quagmire’s home reveals a black-market sniper rifle. You conclude that he was an assassin, able to sneak away from the crowd during the day and kill a person of his choice. Locus Cosecant’s body lay by his house with two bullet wounds in his chest. You enter his house and find it full of weapons, ranging from brass knuckles to automatic rifles. Locus Cosecant was a hitman, an expert at sneaking out at night and killing people. You find melchizdek in a dark alley beaten to death. A search of his house reveals nothing out of the ordinary at all: no weapons, no dirty money, not even anything remotely Italian. You all rejoyce as you come to realize that melchizdek was a townie. Perhaps this night was not as bad as it could have been.

Now that the dead have been accounted for, you all gather to decide on how to best avenge your two fallen comrades.

Quagmire (Assasin/Pro-Mafia) Killed Night 1
Locus Cosecant (Hitman/Pro-Mafia) Killed Night 1
melchizedek (Townie/Anti-Mafia) Killed Night 1

It is now DAY 2. With 17 alive it will take 9 votes to lynch.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (isolation #18) » Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:54 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Vote Count
:

2 HairyMezican (JDTAY, lazarusmoth)
1 JDTAY (Mastermind of Sin)

9 to lynch.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (isolation #19) » Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:06 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Vote Count
:
3 HairyMezican (JDTAY, lazarusmoth, joe)
1 bloojay ((olliep13)
1 Coron (Mastermind of Sin)
1 JDTAY (PeaceBringer)

9 to lynch.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (isolation #20) » Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:07 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:I believe that's it.

bigbenwd
Maximus
King Enigma (replacing Omniplex)
Uraj45

On a quick comparison check, bigbenwd and Uraj45 both voted for ZONEACE yesterday, while Maximus voted for Hairy Mezican. King Enigma has four posts this game and has never made a vote. So, with that in mind, I'll
UNVOTE, VOTE: KE
[b/]
for the time being...maybe he'll decide to show up before it's been a month since his last post...
They will be prodded and replaced if necessary.

Note: from the Vacation/Limited Access Thread

(Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:04 pm)
KingEnigma wrote:Guys my son (3 months old) has a very very very serious disease its a kind of menagitis(i'm spelling it like it sounds) and its not good. I've been at the hospital for the last week, and I'm going to be here for another 2. I brought my notebook with me and unplugged their phone, so until they tell me not to or something bad happens I'll be around although rarely.

My baby is fine as of right now, but its kind of scary.
(Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:33 pm)
KingEnigma wrote:Well we talked to the doctor last night and he says that the meningitis seems to be out of his system, we still have to stay in the hospital till the 22nd with a CT Scan the day before we leave to see if there was any damage to Xander's brain. Xander has not acted any differently since he got here or from his usual routine at home so we've got a lot to be happy about.

I appreciate all the support, for the most part I'm back.
Since KE posted a notice of his absence, he will not face replacement unless a lot of people want him replaced.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (isolation #21) » Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:21 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Vote Count:

4 HairyMezican (JDTAY, lazarusmoth, joe, Maximus)
1 bigbenwd (Coron)
1 Coron (PeaceBringer)
1 Mastermind of Sin (olliep13)
1 Maximus (Mastermind of Sin)

9 to lynch.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (isolation #22) » Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Vote Count:

4 Mastermind of Sin (olliep13, Maximus, Uraj45, Scalebane)
3 HairyMezican (JDTAY, lazarusmoth, joe)
2 Maximus (Mastermind of Sin, PeaceBringer)
1 bigbenwd (Coron)
1 Coron (HairyMezican)

9 to lynch

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (isolation #23) » Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:53 am

Post by Yggdrasil »

Vote Count:

5 Mastermind of Sin (olliep13, Maximus, Uraj45, Scalebane, lazarusmoth)
2 HairyMezican (JDTAY, joe)
2 Maximus (Mastermind of Sin, PeaceBringer)
1 bigbenwd (Coron)
1 Coron (HairyMezican)

9 to lynch

If you would like me to prod anyone, just let me know who to prod.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (isolation #24) » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:44 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:I'd like to request that DarkLight140 be prodded, please...
DarkLight140 has been prodded.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (isolation #25) » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:02 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Vote Count:

4 Mastermind of Sin (olliep13, Maximus, Scalebane, lazarusmoth)
3 Maximus (Mastermind of Sin, HairyMezican, Uraj45)
1 bigbenwd (Coron)
1 PeaceBringer (Genocide Heart)

9 to lynch

Again, the mafia find themselves amid lots of accusations, counter-accusations, arguments, and rhetoric. But, despite all this talk there has been no action. Your trigger fingers begin to itch as the day goes on. So, the mafia decides to impose a
deadline:
Friday, January 28 at 11:59pm PST (US)
. If no one has been lynched before the deadline, the person with the most votes will be lynched if that person has five or more votes.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (isolation #26) » Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:41 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Vote Count:

5 Mastermind of Sin (olliep13, Maximus, Scalebane, lazarusmoth, HairyMezican)
1 bigbenwd (Coron)

9 to lynch

bigbenwd, bloojay, joe, Maximus, KingEnigma,
and
Scalebane
have not posted within the last week and have been prodded.

Deadline Friday.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (isolation #27) » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:29 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Vote Count:

5 Mastermind of Sin (olliep13, Maximus, Scalebane, lazarusmoth, HairyMezican)

1 bigbenwd (Coron)

9 to lynch

Deadline in approximately 46.5 hours.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (isolation #28) » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:09 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Vote Count:

4 Mastermind of Sin (olliep13, Maximus, Scalebane, HairyMezican)
3 Maximus (Mastermind of Sin, DarkLight140, lazarusmoth)
1 bigbenwd (Coron)

9 to lynch, 5 at the deadline.

Less than 24 hours until the deadline

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (isolation #29) » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:36 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Vote Count:

6 Maximus (DarkLight140, lazarusmoth, Coron, Genocide Heart, Maximus, Mastermid of Sin)

4 Mastermind of Sin (olliep13, Scalebane, HairyMezican, Joe)
1 HairyMezican (JDTAY)

And as the deadline passes, all eyes are upon Maximus. He is surprisingly cooperative as he walks over to the shooting range. He even ties his own blinfold as the mafia line up to execute him.

Bang!

In an instant, Maximus' body is filled with lead from all the assorted weapons the mafia keep on hand. Quietly, the body of Maximus, the lowly
Goon
slumps down onto the ground.

Maximus (Goon) is full of lead

It is now
NIGHT 2
. Please have night choices in by Tuesday, February 1 at 11:59pm PST (US).

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (isolation #30) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:19 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Another day, another search as a body count reveals that HairyMezican and Genocide Heart are missing. You find HairyMezican’s body hanging limp from a tree in the middle of a forest. Apparently, whoever killed him really wanted him dead, since not only is there a noose around his neck, but there is a bullet hole in the back of his head. A search of HairyMezican’s possessions reveal nothing special. He was a loyal goon. Genocide Heart was found in his house, with a bullet through his chest. In his house, you find plenty of weapons, along with a ring with the Godfather’s insignia on it, indicating that he was part of the mafia’s inner circle. Although he was responsible for many deaths in the past, Genocide Heart, the Accomplice, was not behind any plots to destroy the mafia.

As the sun rises fully into the sky, you all gather to try and root out the townspeople among you.

HairyMezican (Goon/Pro-Mafia) Killed Night 2
Genocide Heart (Accomplice/Pro-Mafia) Killed Night 2

It is now DAY 3. With 14 alive it will take 8 to lynch.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (isolation #31) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:43 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

bigbenwd has asked to be replaced. Seeking replacement.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (isolation #32) » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:20 am

Post by Yggdrasil »

Thesp is replacing bigbenwd.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (isolation #33) » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:38 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Thesp wrote: All in all, I'd like to get a preliminary vote on
King Enigma
The prefered format for a vote is
Vote: King Enigma

Vote Count:

3 King Enigma (Thesp, lazarusmoth, Coron)

8 to lynch.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (isolation #34) » Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:07 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Vote Count
:
2 Mastermind of Sin (Coron, olliep13)
2 King Enigma (Thesp, lazarusmoth)

8 to lynch.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (isolation #35) » Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:43 am

Post by Yggdrasil »

Joe and bloojay have been prodded.

Vote Count:

3 Mastermind of Sin (Coron, olliep13, lazarusmoth)
1 King Enigma (Thesp)
1 Joe (PeaceBringer)

8 to lynch.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (isolation #36) » Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:16 am

Post by Yggdrasil »

Vote Count:

5 JDTAY (Mastermind of Sin, commify, Coron, KingEnigma, PeaceBringer)
2 Mastermind of Sin (olliep13, lazarusmoth)

8 to lynch

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (isolation #37) » Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:44 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Dragon Phoenix wrote:
Vote JDTAY

Almost any bandwagon will do.
Allow me to point out the irony of the fact that he forgets he's in
Amnesia Mafia
my other running game.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (isolation #38) » Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:59 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Currently in the process of replacing joe and bloojay. If discussion doesn't pick up by the time they're replaced, I will prod everyone and set a deadline.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #600 (isolation #39) » Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:40 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Vote Count:

5 JDTAY (Mastermind of Sin, commify, Coron, KingEnigma, PeaceBringer)
2 PeaceBringer (Thesp, Uraj45)

8 to lynch

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #606 (isolation #40) » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:20 am

Post by Yggdrasil »

Mafia aren't supposed to be twiddling thumbs, toes, or any other body part, they're supposed to be out killing people!
Deadline: Friday, February 25 at 11:59pm PST (US)

Still seeking replacements for joe and bloojay. I will prod those who haven't posted since post #584.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #613 (isolation #41) » Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:32 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Zoneace
is replacing bloojay. He has no extra information than any other player in the game has (since the Goon role PM was made public).

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #615 (isolation #42) » Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:08 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Save The Dragons
is replacing joe.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #619 (isolation #43) » Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:57 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

A gunshot interrupts the silence of the discussion, and
Coron
falls down with an assassin’s bullet placed squarely between his eyes. You all frantically search for the killer, but unfortunately he cannot be found. A quick search of Coron’s body reveals a rope tied in the shape of a noose. He was a
townie
, one of those out to destroy the mafia.

Coron, townie, killed Day 3

It is still DAY 3. With 13 alive, it will take 7 votes to lynch.

Vote Count:

5 JDTAY (Mastermind of Sin, commify, KingEnigma, PeaceBringer, Uraj45)
1 PeaceBringer (Thesp)

7 to lynch.

JDTAY will be prodded.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (isolation #44) » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:40 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

DarkLight140 wrote:Question: Is the deadline still in effect, with this new development? It changes my thoughts a bit.
I will retract the deadline, since discussion has picked up.

Vote Count:

2 JDTAY (KingEnigma, PeaceBringer)
2 PeaceBringer (Thesp, Mastermind of Sin)
1 commify (JDTAY)

7 to lynch.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #650 (isolation #45) » Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:23 am

Post by Yggdrasil »

Vote Count:

3 lazarusmoth (Save The Dragons, PeaceBringer, Mastermind of Sin)
1 JDTAY (KingEnigma)
1 commify (JDTAY)

7 to lynch.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #663 (isolation #46) » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:43 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

KingEnigma and olliep13 have been prodded.

Since discussion has seemed to slow, there is a new
deadline
, set for
Wednesday, March 9 at 11:59pm PST (US)

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (isolation #47) » Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:07 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Vote Count:

1 JDTAY (KingEnigma)
1 commify (JDTAY)

7 to lynch, 4 to lynch at deadline

I will deal with the replacement issue at night. I will prod everyone at night and replace those who do not respond. If replacements cannot be found within a reasonable time, the non-responding players with no replacement available will be modkilled (replacements will be assigned randomly). If anyone has any better ideas, suggestions, or comments, please feel free to PM me.

Until then, the deadline stands.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (isolation #48) » Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:25 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Vote Count:

1 JDTAY (KingEnigma)
1 commify (JDTAY)

As day falls on the island, the mafia still has not decided upon a target to lynch. So, they very uncharacteristically end the day without bloodshed. Perhaps a nice night's sleep will reawaken their killer instincts.

No one was lynched.

It is now NIGHT 3. Everyone has until Tuesday, March 15 at 11:59pm PST (US) to send me a PM letting me know that they are still active and paying attention to the game. Anyone who does not respond by the deadline will be replaced. I will send PMs to remind people to respond by the deadline.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (isolation #49) » Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:22 am

Post by Yggdrasil »

After a long night’s sleep you all feel refreshed and ready to go. That is, until you see the carnage outside. During the night, it looks as if your enemies were busy. Four bodies were found. Of prime importance is the body of KingEnigma, hanging from a noose in the center of the mafia’s compound. On his finger is the ring of the Godfather of the mafia himself. As Godfather, he was the leader of the mafia’s inner circle. With his accomplices, could have any member of the mafia killed.

Mastermind of Sin was also found stabbed to death. He was, as he had claimed, a bodyguard, able to deter potential murderers from attacking his target. Unfortunately, he was too busy guarding others to guard himself against a murderer. Uraj45 was also found dead, shot in the chest. His body, however, was a little harder to find because Uraj45 was a spy, able to sneak around at night and determine whether people were working for or against the mafia.

Finally, you come across the body of olliep13 with a bullet embedded in the back of his head. Like Uraj45, it appears that olliep13 was snooping around when he was killed. But, olliep13 was sneaking around for a different reason. In his pockets you find a government-issue pistol and a badge. He was a deputy, sent by the government to eliminate the mafia.

SSF352 replaces ZONEACE
StevieT92 replaces Scalebane
NanookTheWolf replaces JDTAY

KingEnigma (Godfather/Pro-Mafia) Killed Night 3
Mastermind of Sin (Bodyguard/Pro-Mafia) Killed Night 3
Uraj45 (Spy/Pro-Mafia) Killed Night 3
olliep13 (Deputy/Anti-Mafia) Killed Night 3

It is now DAY 4. With 9 alive it will take 5 votes to lynch.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (isolation #50) » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:25 am

Post by Yggdrasil »

All eyes are on Thesp as he frantically tries to pull together a defense. He opens his mouth to say something and you all hear a gunshot ring off in the distance. You turn back to look at Thesp to find him laying on the ground in a pool of blood, a bullet hole squarely between his eyes. You search his body and find two things: a medical kit and a noose. He was the townspeople's doctor.

Thesp, Doctor/Anti-Mafia, Killed Day 4

It is still DAY 4. With 8 alive it will take 5 votes to lynch.

Vote Count

No one is voting.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #730 (isolation #51) » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:58 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Vote Count

4 - lazarusmoth (Save The Dragons, PeaceBringer, SSF352, StevieT92)
1 - StevieT92 (NanookTheWolf)

5 to lynch

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #736 (isolation #52) » Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:41 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Vote Count

3 - StevieT92 (NanookTheWolf, PeaceBringer, SSF352)
2 - lazarusmoth (Save The Dragons, StevieT92)

5 to lynch

Seeking a replacement for lazarusmoth.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (isolation #53) » Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:19 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Mr. Flay is replacing lazarusmoth

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #753 (isolation #54) » Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:11 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Vote Count:

3 - StevieT92 (NanookTheWolf, PeaceBringer, SSF352)
1 - lazarusmoth (StevieT92)

5 to lynch

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #778 (isolation #55) » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:01 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Vote Count:

4 - StevieT92 (NanookTheWolf, Mr. Flay, Save The Dragons, SSF352)
1 - Mr. Flay (StevieT92)

5 to lynch

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #802 (isolation #56) » Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:21 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Vote Count:

2 - StevieT92 (SSF352, NanookTheWolf)
1 - Save The Dragons (Mr. Flay)
1 - Mr. Flay (PeaceBringer)

5 to lynch

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #817 (isolation #57) » Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:19 am

Post by Yggdrasil »

Vote Count:

3 - Mr. Flay (PeaceBringer, Darklight140, Save The Dragons)
2 - StevieT92 (SSF352, NanookTheWolf)

5 to lynch

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #839 (isolation #58) » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:38 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Vote Count:

3 - Mr. Flay (PeaceBringer, Save The Dragons, SSF352)
2 - StevieT92 (NanookTheWolf)

5 to lynch

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #846 (isolation #59) » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:55 am

Post by Yggdrasil »

Vote Count:

5 - Mr. Flay (PeaceBringer, Save The Dragons, SSF352, NanookTheWolf, DarkLight 140)

After a very long day filled with bandwaggoning, accusations, counter-accusations, and even a murder, you settle on Mr. Flay. He replies by saying he's just a Wise Guy able to avoid being killed at night. But, because you either don't believe him or because nobody likes a wise guy, you all get out your guns and blow his brains out.

A search of his body reveals nothing suspicious. Congratulations, you lynched a townie.

Mr. Flay's (townie) head has been blown off.

It is now NIGHT 4. Please send in night choices.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #847 (isolation #60) » Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:49 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Night falls on the island and the killing begins. NanookTheWolf, the Town Cop, having already investigated his target, was sneaking around with his noose at the ready to lynch a mafioso. He finds PeaceBringer, the Spy, snooping around the jungle, apparently tracking down the members of the town. PeaceBringer hears Nanook approach. “Aha! You’re a townie!” he yells, but it’s too late. Nanook bludgeoned him with a fallen tree branch, then strung him up.

Walking away, satisfied with having killed another mafioso, Nanook walks back to the town, only to be jumped by a knife-wielding maniac.

Meanwhile, DarkLight140 was in his home, polishing off his (or rather Quagmire’s) sniper rifle. As a Professional Criminal capable of filling any unoccupied job in the mafia, DarkLight140 took over Quagmire’s role as Assassin after Quagmire’s untimely death. After readying the gun for use tomorrow, DarkLight140 went to sleep never to wake again, for he was shot to death in his sleep.

NanookTheWolf (Cop/Anti-Mafia) Killed Night 4
PeaceBringer (Spy/Pro-Mafia) Killed Night 4
DarkLight140 (Professional Criminal/Pro-Mafia) Killed Night 4

The town wakes and are deciding what to do, when suddenly sirens begin to sound, and Save The Dragons and SSF352 pull out guns.

“Put your hands up,” Save The Dragons says, pulling out a Sheriff’s badge. “You’re all under arrest.”

The Sheriff and his Deputy proceed to handcuff commify and StevieT92, and escort them to waiting FBI helicopters. While searching commify, the authorities find standard issue mafia weaponry and fake ID’s indicating he’s just a Goon. StevieT92, as he claimed, was an Accomplice, a member of the Godfather’s inner circle. However, the Godfather’s trust was misplaced. A thorough search reveals a bloodied knife and a journal detailing his Traitorous plans to take over the mafia.

Commify (Goon/Pro-Mafia) and StevieT92 (Traitor/Anti-Mafia), arrested in the endgame

Save The Dragons (Sheriff/Anti-Mafia), SSF352 (Deputy/Anti-Mafia), and olliep13 (Deputy/Anti-Mafia) win!

(Mod note: I realize that there were two anti-mafia groups left at the end, but StevieT92 at best could only tie, so I made an executive decision and gave the game to the Authorities).

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #848 (isolation #61) » Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:57 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Game Summary:

Authorities (Save The Dragon, SSF352, and olliep13) win!

Alive:
(2/21)
8) SSF352 (Deputy)
8) Save The Dragons (Sheriff)

Dead
(19/21):
:evil: ZONEACE (Goon) - Lynched Day 1
:evil: Quagmire (Assasin) - Killed Night 1
:evil: Locus Cosecant (Hitman) - Killed Night 1
:D melchizedek - (Townie) - Killed Night 1
:evil: Maximus (Goon) - Lynched Day 2
:evil: HairyMezican (Goon) - Killed Night 2
:twisted: Genocide Heart (Accomplice) - Killed Night 2
:D Coron - (Townie) - Killed Day 3
:twisted: KingEnigma (Godfather) - Killed Night 3
:evil: Mastermind of Sin (Bodyguard) - Killed Night 3
:evil: Uraj45 (Spy) - Killed Night 3
8) olliep13 (Deputy) - Killed Night 3
:D Thesp (Doctor) - Killed Day 4
:D Mr. Flay (Townie) - Lynched Day 4
:evil: PeaceBringer (Spy) - Killed Night 4
:D NanookTheWolf (Cop) - Killed Night 4
:evil: DarkLight140 (Professional Criminal) - Killed Night 4
:evil: commify (Goon) - Killed in Endgame
:!: StevieT92 (Traitor) - Killed in Endgame

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #849 (isolation #62) » Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:03 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Roles

Authorities (Joe, olliep13, bloojay)
You are the
Sheriff
(Anti-Mafia) (Joe)
Each night you, and your two deputies (
olliep13
, and
bloojay
) may talk amongst yourselves and decide on someone to kill. One of you may send me the name of the person who you want to kill along with which one of you will do the killing. If the last part is not included, I will assume the one who sent the message will do the killing. Because of his extensive FBI training, Joe will appear pro-mafia to all who investigate him.

You win when all other groups are dead.

We begin during the day. Please do not send in any night choices or communicate with members of your group until the end of day 1. If you have any questions about your role or the game, feel free to ask.

You are a
Deputy
(Anti-Mafia) (olliep13)
Each night you, your Sheriff (
Joe
), and your fellow Deputy (
bloojay
) may talk amongst yourselves and decide on someone to kill. One of you may send me the name of the person who you want to kill along with which one of you will do the killing. If the last part is not included, I will assume the one who sent the message will do the killing. Because of his extensive FBI training, Joe will appear pro-mafia to all who investigate him.

You win when all other groups are dead.

We begin during the day. Please do not send in any night choices or communicate with members of your group until the end of day 1. If you have any questions about your role or the game, feel free to ask.

You are a
Deputy
(Anti-Mafia) (bloojay)
Each night you, your Sheriff (
Joe
), and your fellow Deputy (
olliep13

You win when all others groups are dead.

Town (JDTAY, Coron, lazarusmoth, melchizedek, bigbenwd)
You are the
Cop
(Anti-Mafia) (JDTAY)
You,
Coron, lazarusmoth, melchizedek,
and
bigbenwd
are a bunch of angry townspeople who have come to get revenge on the mafia. Like normal townspeople, you MAY NOT communicate at night. If, during the day, a majority (greater than or equal to 50%) of you are voting for one person, you will kill that person at night. Only the first person to reach such a majority will be killed. As long as three or more of you are alive, your kills are unblockable.

As a cop, you may investigate one player each night and determine their role. You will when all other groups are dead.

We begin during the day. Please do not send in any night choices until the end of day 1. If you have any questions about your role or the game, feel free to ask.

You are the
Doctor
(Anti-Mafia) (bigbenwd)
You,
Coron, lazarusmoth, melchizedek,
and
JDTAY
are a bunch of angry townspeople who have come to get revenge on the mafia. Like normal townspeople, you MAY NOT communicate at night. If, during the day, a majority (greater than or equal to 50%) of you are voting for one person, you will kill that person at night. Only the first person to reach such a majority will be killed. As long as three or more of you are alive, your kills are unblockable.

As a doctor, you may protect one player (other than yourself) from being killed each night. You will when all other groups are dead.

We begin during the day. Please do not send in any night choices until the end of day 1. If you have any questions about your role or the game, feel free to ask.

You are a
Townie
(Anti-Mafia) (Coron)
You,
bigbenwd, lazarusmoth, melchizedek,
and
JDTAY

You will when all other groups are dead.

We begin during the day. If you have any questions about your role or the game, feel free to ask.

You are a
Townie
(Anti-Mafia) (lazarusmoth)
You,
bigbenwd, Coron, melchizedek,
and
JDTAY

We begin during the day. If you have any questions about your role or the game, feel free to ask.

You are a
Townie
(Anti-Mafia) (melchizedek)
You,
bigbenwd, lazarusmoth, Coron,
and
JDTAY

Accomplices (Omniplex, Scalebane, Genocide Heart)
You are a
Godfather
(Pro-Mafia) (Omniplex)
Each night, you and your accomplices (
Scalebane
and
Genocide Heart
) may talk amongst yourselves. In addition, you may submit the name of the person who you want to kill along with which one of you will do the killing. If the last part is not included, I will assume the one who sent the message will do the killing. Because Omniplex has been so proficient at impersonating townies, he will appear anti-mafia to anyone who investigates him.

You win when all anti-mafia groups are dead.

You are an
Accomplice
(Pro-Mafia) (Scalebane)
Each night, you, your Godfather (
Omniplex
), and your fellow accomplice (
Genocide Heart
) may talk amongst yourselves. In addition, you may submit the name of the person who you want to kill along with which one of you will do the killing. If the last part is not included, I will assume the one who sent the message will do the killing. Because Omniplex has been so proficient at impersonating townies, he will appear anti-mafia to anyone who investigates him.

The above is the role that Omniplex and Genocide Heart believe you have. However you are in-fact, the
Traitor
(Serrial Killer). In addition to the abilities described above you may choose to hide or kill at night. If you hide, you are immune to night kills. If you choose to kill, you may send me the name of the player who you would like to kill (please indicate whether you are killing as an accomplice, a serial killer, or both). If you do not send in a kill, I will assume you are hiding (you may kill as an accomplice and hide simultaneously).

You win when everyone else is dead.

You are an
Accomplice
(Pro-Mafia) (Genocide Heart)
Each night, you, your Godfather (
Omniplex
), and your fellow accomplice (
Scalebane

You win when all anti-mafia groups are dead.

Mafia Scum (Uraj45, PeaceBringer, Mastermind of Sin, Quagmire, Locus Cosecant, DarkLight140)

You are a
Spy
(Pro-Mafia) (Uraj45, naïve)
Each night you may investigate one player to determine whether they are pro-mafia or anti-mafia. You win when all anti-mafia groups are dead.

You are a
Spy
(Pro-Mafia) (PeaceBringer, sane)
Each night you may investigate one player to determine whether they are pro-mafia or anti-mafia. You win when all anti-mafia groups are dead.

You are a
Bodyguard
(Pro-Mafia) (Mastermind of Sin)
Each night you may protect one player (other than yourself) from being night killed. You win when all anti-mafia groups are dead.

You are an
Assasin
(Pro-Mafia) (Quagmire)
During the day, you may PM me with the name of one player who you would like to kill. That person will be killed during the day (day will still continue after the kill). You win when all anti-mafia groups are dead.

You are a
Hitman
(Pro-Mafia) (Locus Cosecant)
Each night, you may kill one player. You win when all anti-mafia groups are dead.

You are a
Professional Criminal
(Pro-Mafia) (DarkLight140)
As a professional criminal, you have mastered all aspects of the criminal trade. When a pro-mafia player with an appropriate role dies, you will be given the option to take that person’s role. Once you take a role, you may not switch. You win when all anti-mafia groups are dead.

Goons (commify, HairyMezican, ZONEACE, Maximus)
You are a
Goon
(Pro-Mafia) (commify)

You are a
Goon
(Pro-Mafia)(HairyMezican)

You are a
Goon
(Pro-Mafia) (ZONEACE)

You are a
Goon
(Pro-Mafia) (Maximus)

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #861 (isolation #63) » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:00 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Explanation time:
I do realize that 9/21 anti-town roles was a lot of anti-town. I thought that the anti-mafia roles would kill eachother more frequently and balance things out a bit more, but that wasn't the case (melchizedek was killed by Locus, Coron by DarkLight, olliep13 by the Accomplices, Thesp by DarkLight, Mr. Flay by lynch. Only Nanook was killed by an anti-mafia role [Stevie]). So the anti-mafia roles collectively killed 1 anti-mafia role in 10 kills.

In addition, the overpowered assasin role along with the mason group with vig powers were added to help make the town stronger, in order to make up for their smaller numbers.

I made the townspeople's roles as they were because I wanted make a "mafia" group with townlike qualities (no talking at night and killing through voting) and a "town" group with mafia-like qualities. Hence the three-person-mafia vig group and the assasin (normally an anti-town role in my experience) on the pro-mafia side. The townspeople did have some abilities to make them stronger, like their numbers (~1/4 of the starting number of players) and the cop and doc.

Probably, to have improved the game I would have removed the Traitor and made him just a regular Accomplice, and either add another doc or change the naive cop to a sane cop (surprisingly, Uraj investigated scum during two out of the three nights he was alive: Coron on night 1 and Scalebane/Stevie on night 3).

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”