Mini 2321: Classic Commercials (Postgame)

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:58 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

Hi everyone! :)

VOTE: No elimination.

P.S. I like the Young Neil pfp, Roden!
Hi, I'm Annie! Please have patience with me—I am disabled.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:50 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

I would also like to introduce the notion that, uh, with Hu Tao you can’t assume a perceived lack of content is a lack of innocence—made that mistake last game and ended up losing as a result.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (isolation #2) » Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:05 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

I’ve played with Gob as scum, and this doesn’t seem like his style—I don’t think anything so far is scum-indicative for me. Slight townread there for now.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (isolation #3) » Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:28 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

I do think your meta read is likely stronger than mine—he replaced into our game and didn’t agree with the other scum’s strategy of crossbussing, so some of what I may be basing this off of could just be a bit of frustration influencing his gameplay then.

He was very, uh, direct and didn’t try to cloak himself with a lack of detail—seemed to sort of be asking for people to challenge him about his reads to hopefully have them potentially slip up and therefore be an easy target for a miselim. However, later on he went very quiet and stalled, intentionally spending as long as he could before revealing his claimed night actions when pressured by everyone else.

I can see the sort of challenge he declared in as just being part of his general gamestyle—I’ve not played a town game with him, but it wouldn’t surprise me if he used similar strategies to bait slips from others as town.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (isolation #4) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:46 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 117, Thomith wrote:
In post 108, AnimatedWiz wrote: I’ve played with Gob as scum, and this doesn’t seem like his style—I don’t think anything so far is scum-indicative for me. Slight townread there for now.
Do you see anything town indicative?
I mean, nothing strikes me as definitely town-indicative, but I feel like seeing a good amount of posts from him and having none of them ping me as scummy is a decent reason for a slight townread. Not conclusive, but it’s, uh, probably the best I have right now.

Most everyone else who’s talking is new to me, so I don’t have many other metareads to give—I would like to say that I would like to trust Naerys here, though… and maybe Hu Tao? Those are just vibes based off how they were in my previous game(s) with them, nothing too strong.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (isolation #5) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:25 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

Not too many—I do like Thomith’s questions, though.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (isolation #6) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:07 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 146, Bingle wrote:
In post 145, AnimatedWiz wrote: Not too many—I do like Thomith’s questions, though.
How do you intend to change that?
It’ll naturally change as the game evolves—just trying to get a feel for everyone so far before I jump in headfirst. Watching y’all argue has been helping with that, though.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (isolation #7) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:08 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 168, Bingle wrote:
In post 166, gob wrote: Gotta get rid of Bingle here
Hardclaim deathproof lim redirecting PGO. Goodluck.
What does this mean?
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #8) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:00 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 172, Bingle wrote:
In post 169, AnimatedWiz wrote: It’ll naturally change as the game evolves—just trying to get a feel for everyone so far before I jump in headfirst. Watching y’all argue has been helping with that, though.
The drawback to fly-on-the-wall as town is that no one can sort you. The advantage to fly-on-the-wall as scum is that no one can sort you. Do you think Dunn meta-ing Hu Tao's choice of opening is something that someone would be likely to do?
I mean, I feel like that would be more accurate if I wasn’t popping in to give a read and then explaining it after—I’m still trying to help sort, after all.

And I’ve found that most people on this site play very differently from how I do—I think Dunn’s meta read on something mostly inconsequential (a lack of RVS vote and a greeting) that he immediately announces is not indicative is, uh, odd, but after playing with people like Not_Mafia and Enchant, I’ve learned odd isn’t a 1:1 match with scummy.

For what it’s worth, I think it’s just a playstyle difference—and it’s not like Dunn’s wrong, either. From what I remember, Hu Tao isn’t really keen on early votes (especially RVS) and takes a while to generate reads (but tends to be thorough about them when they’re shared).
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (isolation #9) » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:02 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

Your questions, to me, seem less like sorting and more accusatory—like perhaps you’re trying to pressure someone in the hopes of a slip-up instead of actually trying to pick their brains.

Could certainly be a playstyle difference, but… slight scumread.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (isolation #10) » Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:15 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 228, ssbm_Kyouko wrote: Too ready to overexplain town!gob
Care to share your own thoughts on gob, then?

I would think a lack of detail more suspicious than an overabundance of it personally, and you haven’t stated much on the matter.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (isolation #11) » Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:50 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 246, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 235, AnimatedWiz wrote:

I would think a lack of detail more suspicious than an overabundance of it personally, and you haven’t stated much on the matter.
I don't get scumpings from him so I'm not too focused on what he's posting. I've noticed he seems to like to do shit just to do it, even when he doesnt believe in it, like for reactions, so I'm predisposed to do this to him and focus more on associations
I… think these are just the same things I said about gob.

So when I say pretty much this, but in more words, it’s scummy to you? I don’t understand your reasoning at all.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (isolation #12) » Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:30 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 256, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 248, AnimatedWiz wrote:
In post 246, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 235, AnimatedWiz wrote:

I don't get scumpings from him so I'm not too focused on what he's posting. I've noticed he seems to like to do shit just to do it, even when he doesnt believe in it, like for reactions, so I'm predisposed to do this to him and focus more on associations
I… think these are just the same things I said about gob.

So when I say pretty much this, but in more words, it’s scummy to you? I don’t understand your reasoning at all.

I see a similarity in part of what we both pointed out about gob, but you're drawing a different conclusion, one that I think you came to too easily.
How is a slight townread like 125 posts in something you can come to “too easily”?

I just don’t see anything scum-indicative with him, and therefore that makes me think he has a decent chance of being town—it’s not that complicated.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (isolation #13) » Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:37 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

VOTE: ssbm_Kyouko. I think that you’re trying to twist my read into something it’s not, and I’m unsure
why
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (isolation #14) » Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:35 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 344, ssbm_Kyouko wrote: Unrelated, how do you prefer to be referred to
@Animated Wiz
? I prefer being called Kyouko or an abbreviation of that (Kyo, Kyou, Ky) rather than ssbm, and I find myself unsure whether to call you A Wiz, AWiz, Animated, Wiz
Any of that is fine, or Annie—as long as it’s not misspelled, I can tell who you’re referring to.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (isolation #15) » Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:49 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 343, ssbm_Kyouko wrote: This is like saying that as of 125 posts in, scum will have outed themselves, so if someone doesn't look scum by then they must be town. That's just not the case. If someone hasn't done something scummy as of 125 posts in, that makes them
null
unless they either a) have done something towny, or b) have a terrible scumrange

That's why your read is too easy. I feel like I was already pretty clear about this, but this should now leave no room for interpretation.
A slight townread doesn’t mean they must be town—I feel like that’s really clear from the wording (locktown is what I’d call someone I feel must be town). Either we are on two completely different wavelengths here about our interpretations (and about how a lack of scum-aligned content is somewhat town-indicative), or you are really reaching as scum to say that my slight townread is equivalent to a really early locktown.

…and honestly, if you were scum, I feel it would be such a bad argument to make as a push for me that it’s probably just an honest misunderstanding/disagreement on how to read? Like, when I think about it, I would think you’re a competent player with good senses about the game—so just miscommunication is probably more likely in my opinion?

UNVOTE: ssbm_Kyouko.

Currently more suspicious of Dunn, by the way—the piggybacking on my wagon and way he’s delivered his posts feel scummy to me.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (isolation #16) » Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:00 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

Dunn’s posts feel like they’re saying very little—like he’s delivering reads that have only a small amount of weight behind them to look invested and impactful without having to be the center of attention. At the same time, it feels like they’re token acts to push attention away from gob, maybe?

If there was more meat to the points he makes, I would think it less suspicious, but it’s also that the reads seem to be designed to divert attention away from gob’s wagon—like / shading Bingle for trying to associate gob and Roden or / calling Hu Tao townie for being unsure about the current wagons (notably, Hu Tao is the competing wagon, mine).

I admit, I’m a little less sure about the argument of him trying to support gob, but I do really think he is trying to kind of, uh, not make visible waves—small impacts that hide in plain sight.

VOTE: Dunnstral.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (isolation #17) » Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:01 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 423, SirCakez wrote: i can't believe I didn't post for two irl days and yet somehow still became a major topic of discussion early on day one
this always happens to me
It's the colorful name, I fear—means you stand out more.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (isolation #18) » Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:15 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 428, SirCakez wrote: okay so some games I don't know who to vote and get stuck
this is not one of them lmaoo
I want to yeet like half this player list rn
however I think the best person to get out of here ASAP day one is flavor leaf, bc dude is posting like scum and even if he's town he's already making me think he's going to self implode this game so might as well get it over with now
Aside from Flavor, who else do you think is good to lim?
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (isolation #19) » Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:58 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 445, Flavor Leaf wrote: Wiz is not scum here.
Why me? I mean, I appreciate the defense, but I honestly don’t know what’s made you so convinced—feels almost unearned.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (isolation #20) » Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:41 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 447, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 446, AnimatedWiz wrote:
In post 445, Flavor Leaf wrote: Wiz is not scum here.
Why me? I mean, I appreciate the defense, but I honestly don’t know what’s made you so convinced—feels almost unearned.
What do you mean unearned?

You’ve been consistently popping up, giving your thoughts on things, defending against reads you don’t think are correct, but not attacking others for the read, and feels like you are genuinely giving your thoughts on this game without having an agenda.

You’re also the Gob counterwagon, where if Gob is town, i still think that it’s just scum splitting wagons. IE: Cakez/Kouyoko
That’s fair, I suppose.

I, uh, think a weakness of my play is that I’m a
teensy
bit paranoid about people trying to buddy up with me early on—last game I got so blinded by a similar feeling that I scumread Naerys based mostly on that feeling instead of like… just thinking she might be seeing things similarly. Was a factor in me losing a lot of trust with everyone else that game, I fear.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (isolation #21) » Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:16 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 479, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 453, Roden wrote: Kyouko could be scum, but only because she's giving off the vibe that she'd rather be doing literally anything else every time she pops in
Yes, it's December, I'm coping with seasonal depression on top of my regular depression in all of my games, woo!
Same boat—I understand. :)
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (isolation #22) » Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:26 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 477, ssbm_Kyouko wrote: FLs approach to my slot has been nasty this game. I noticed after I pointed out how I like to be called, he started spelling the whole thing out incorrectly. That feels intentional. I know this sounds dumb to address the way he's spelling my name but I get the sense it's intentional emotional warfare.
I’ve never played with Flavor Leaf—is that something he would actually do? Like, I know his reputation precedes him, but I have no actual idea what sort of behavior he does to earn it (aside from posting
a lot
of stuff that makes me turn my head in confusion).
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (isolation #23) » Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:07 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

I think I townread Kyouko—the willingness to go back and analyze previous thoughts feels honest and it would’ve been easy to try to push Flavor here instead of backing off of her own accord.

I just… I feel like despite us arguing earlier about the gob read, I’m melding with her, oddly enough. I mean, we had really similar observations (if different conclusions), and so, I dunno… but I just wanna say she’s with Thomith in my highest townreads.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (isolation #24) » Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:57 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

Town
: Thomith, Kyouko
Townlean
: Hu Tao, Naerys, Flavor Leaf, Roden
Null
: Celebloki
Scumlean
: RCEnigma, gob, SirCakez
Scum
: Bingle, Dunnstral
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (isolation #25) » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:30 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 546, RCEnigma wrote: It is, I’d have to explain the rationale behind it for it to make sense, but then it loses value so.
This feels like a very convenient excuse—like I understand that gambits and stuff require secrecy, but still. I hope down the line you’re able to point out the reasoning for the post.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (isolation #26) » Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:20 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

I... hm. I sort of follow this theory, and I'd also like to add that, uh, if we keep gob around, we may have the issue of having to constantly choose between him and other wagons due to how he plays—if we keep him around and he's town, the scumteam is likely to just push him to try to get a miselim later on. I'd rather enter LimLo with more players I feel confident in my townreads on to avoid that risk. I, uh, am unsure if this is the definitely
correct
option, but it would make sorting a lot easier, I think?

It's a little bit of a selfish reason, but VOTE: gob.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (isolation #27) » Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:58 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

I would argue it’s a misplay to not defend yourself either—if you feel like you can hunt well, it’s important that you try to convince us of that so you can actually, y’know, stay around and hunt.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #613 (isolation #28) » Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:04 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 611, Thomith wrote: Can we hold to give me a second to reread this all and catch my bearings because this whole push has felt super fucking weird to me.
You have time—it’s E-2, so I doubt anyone will be able to hammer for a few hours even if they wanted to.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #619 (isolation #29) » Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:16 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

I do think it is worth noting that Thomith has been townread by pretty much everyone so far—I think Hu Tao stating a strong townread on them without much explanation is less suspicious in that context.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #634 (isolation #30) » Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:36 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 623, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 613, AnimatedWiz wrote:
In post 611, Thomith wrote: Can we hold to give me a second to reread this all and catch my bearings because this whole push has felt super fucking weird to me.
You have time—it’s E-2, so I doubt anyone will be able to hammer for a few hours even if they wanted to.
This was actually E-1 since you were on the wagon as well, just not on the Vote Count, correct?
You’re correct, yeah—glad you noticed the discrepancy on the vote count because I didn’t. Thanks for unvoting to give Thomith more time.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (isolation #31) » Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:53 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 638, Flavor Leaf wrote: My final verdict:
we fade Gob or AnimatedWiz today.
Care to give your case on me? Wanna make sure I know what I’m up against here.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (isolation #32) » Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:03 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 647, gob wrote: But thanks anyway. I'm down to vote AnimatedWiz
I feel like if you were actually convinced it was me, you’d actually vote me—I think you’re hesitating because you’re trying to gauge Flavor’s reaction to you saying this before you commit to the vote.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (isolation #33) » Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:08 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

I feel that such hesitation doesn’t make sense in a world where gob and Flavor are partnered—gob would simply just wait for Flavor to respond in the PT before making the post instead of making that public
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #652 (isolation #34) » Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:15 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

Then vote for me, or for him, even—you’re currently just preventing the town from making an elimination you actually agree with. I don’t understand this behavior coming from a townie—it makes more sense to come from scum trying to deny the town any more information to help us sort.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #653 (isolation #35) » Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:15 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 652, AnimatedWiz wrote: Then vote for me, or for him, even—you’re currently just preventing the town from making an elimination you actually agree with. I don’t understand this behavior coming from a townie—it makes more sense to come from scum trying to deny the town any more information to help us sort.
This is for gob, not Flavor.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (isolation #36) » Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:26 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 654, gob wrote:
In post 652, AnimatedWiz wrote: Then vote for me, or for him, even—you’re currently just preventing the town from making an elimination you actually agree with. I don’t understand this behavior coming from a townie—it makes more sense to come from scum trying to deny the town any more information to help us sort.
Jesus dude it's just a vote. I can do it any time. You're trying to shade me for something that's not a big deal. I'm not gonna be ur little doggie and vote after you say so, so don't ask again.
I’m saying that you’re not following through with your own reads—and that that behavior makes you more suspicious in my eyes. To me, your actions don’t make sense in a universe where you’re town, because they seem actively detrimental to both yourself and the rest of the town.

I’m not asking you to be my pet, I’m asking you to be a team player.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #659 (isolation #37) » Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:27 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 657, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 653, AnimatedWiz wrote:
This is for gob, not Flavor.
ah changes things. ignore my last post replying to this
I’m now very glad I clarified that ahead of time—I really need to put more names in my posts when I don’t quote people.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #748 (isolation #38) » Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:22 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

What… happened?

I went to go see the new Godzilla movie (was a real return to form—highly recommend) and suddenly the gamestate has mutated into… this. Maybe we should stop talking for a minute and let everyone else catch up and say their pieces?

I think hearing everyone else’s thoughts could be really useful for both sorting and actually getting an elimination through.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #838 (isolation #39) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:31 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

Actually, what is the argument on Hu Tao? I see the issue with how they handled gob during D1, but before that they seemed rather townish in my opinion.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #840 (isolation #40) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:41 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

I mean, to be quite honest, I don’t have a strong towncase for them—I tend to read Hu Tao quite scummy rather consistently, even if they’ve always been town in our games together. It’s the lack of explanation that always makes me hesitant, I feel.

I’ll have to dig back through your ISO and read your case on Hu Tao to refamiliarize myself with it, but I’m happy to team up on Dunn for now considering how he’s been even less explanatory about everything (especially his votes).
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #841 (isolation #41) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:42 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

Has anyone here played with Dunn? Is this a consistent strategy of his that I’m reading wrong?
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #878 (isolation #42) » Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:53 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

I could see a world where it’s Dunn plus Bingle and RCEnigma, but I do think my read on Dunn is the strongest out of the 3 by far. I don’t like how he jumped to join Kyouko’s vote on me D1 with no explanation other than sheeping and then today claim
I’m
the one sitting back trying to be quiet when I’ve made twice the posts he has.

I don’t think all votes on me are instantly scummy, but I think a lack of solid reasoning for those votes
is
(the people who were with me in my last game can recount how I townread people voting me D1 and D2 because I agreed with their points). Dunn isn’t very convincing to me because the reasons he gives are very surface-level, and I do think he’s trying to get rid of me because I’m scumreading him.

P.S. Interesting note on the triangle: I currently townread Naerys, and I think she’s townreading me as well, so it’s more of a 2v1 with Dunn than a 1v1v1, I think.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #880 (isolation #43) » Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:20 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 879, Bingle wrote: How do you feel about it being basically a dichotomy (trichotomy?) set up by someone you’re apparently scumreading?
Unsure, honestly—I’m not sure what RCEnigma thinks is super useful about it currently, because there are plenty more of those types of chains and 2v1s around the game wherever you look. They’re way more useful for determining associations after flips and massclaims, but this early it’s not really going to do anything, I think. Feels… fluffy, maybe?
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #886 (isolation #44) » Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:37 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

If you had a good reason to push me, and also
said
that reason, I wouldn’t be pushing you in return. You haven’t given a convincing argument yet, so of course I’ll think you’re scummy for it.

In my opinion, your behavior is better explained if we assume you’re actively trying to hide your motives and to avoid having your logic countered—why else would you do your best to give reasons for a vote that are just, “I’m sheeping,” since that’s not an actual argument.

I’m, in part, scumreading you because you’re scumreading me with no strong reasoning—and I think you’re
claiming
to scumread me because you feel threatened.

If you have better, more detailed reasoning, I’d be happy to hear it so I can take that into account on my read on you.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #950 (isolation #45) » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:52 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

As much as I’m onboard with shading Dunn, I’m not sure if the logic about Dunn trying to make me look bad through the Nk holds up when I think about it—Kyouko and I had our scuffle, but after I thought about her content and the possible reasoning behind it, she become one of my top townreads, and vice versa.

If I was scum, wouldn’t I want her to die so that our mutual townreads looked great for me? And wouldn’t that make Dunn look worse?
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #951 (isolation #46) » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:54 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

Wait, I think I understand what you’re saying—that the play benefits me so much that you think I wouldn’t actually do it, and that someone (Dunn) is probably framing me?

Or am I holding the idiot ball again? :oops:
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #956 (isolation #47) » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:58 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 954, Celebloki wrote:
In post 951, AnimatedWiz wrote: Wait, I think I understand what you’re saying—that the play benefits me so much that you think I wouldn’t actually do it, and that someone (Dunn) is probably framing me?

Or am I holding the idiot ball again? :oops:

This is basically what I was getting at.
Thank you for explaining—I think my head’s a little wonky after work today.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1004 (isolation #48) » Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:11 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

VOTE: Dunnstral.

I’m not a fan of how everyone backed off this slot, even if I do understand the desire to not shorten D2 into a sprint.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1248 (isolation #49) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:07 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 1145, Celebloki wrote: Why would I say I got a No Result on kyouko if I was lying about my claim though. I could just as easily say I got VT on her. I honestly didn't feel like my crumb was very well hidden and I regretted crumbing it. My best guess is scum have a roleblocker and saw my crumb and used it on me. Might as well flip me, they'll just keep role blocking me so I get no information.
Hi, I’m catching up after several open-close shifts—I should be way more free starting tomorrow since I’ve worked all my hours for the week.

Just wanted to note this during my recap—I used a similar argument to this during my scum game, where I claimed to have checked the NK and that if I was scum I would just have a better lie to look less suspicious. It ended up being really convincing for a while, but it makes me unwilling to trust this defense of his claim as a result.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1249 (isolation #50) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:18 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

Hm, I’ll have to save the in-depth review for later, but it’s nice to see a lot happened.

Major notes:
Celebloki and Dunnstral, to me, seem the most obvious pairing of partners. Individually they both have acted really odd (Dunn for how they interact with people and have also been extremely tunneled onto me, Celebloki for that really hard-to-swallow claim), and the way Dunn jumped out of hiding to hard-defend Celebloki (very “get down, Mr. President) has solidified that pairing in my mind.

I am… conflicted about Hu Tao. They always act weird, and I always scumread them for it, but I kind of want to believe it’s just weirdness
again
this time unless I really get pinged.

I trust Naerys. It’s intuition only, but I just feel it, and would hate to see her go today.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1288 (isolation #51) » Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:58 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 1284, Naerys wrote: I feel kinda hesitant about yeeting potential town PR
I think that’s a reasonable feeling, but that’s why a lot of people on the chopping block will try to claim a PR, even if they’re just vanilla—even gob did it with his Doctor claim D1. At a certain point, you have to trust the claim less and less.

VOTE: Celebloki.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1289 (isolation #52) » Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:59 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

Should be
E-3
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1290 (isolation #53) » Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:04 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

The issue I have with Celebloki is that all his defenses feel too… convenient? Like, whenever someone brings up how something would make more sense if he was acting with a scum mindset, he makes the point that town
could
do it as well… but I feel like the possibility of town doing all these things seems less likely to me, and doesn’t fully counter the main point—that the logic behind the actions seems far less convoluted and more beneficial to scum.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1294 (isolation #54) » Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:41 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

Hm, I appreciate you explaining how he would be solved before LimLo, because that was a question I forgot to ask earlier—didn’t understand that you meant a Roleblocker flipping would help confirm him.

I… am loathe to wait on a possible flip though, because what if we never get that? What if the Roleblocker survives to LimLo, or we just don’t have one at all? Do we assume he’s lying, or do we give him the benefit of the doubt? I would rather just eliminate him now instead of possibly miselimming someone else instead.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1295 (isolation #55) » Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:44 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

Hm, those posts collated together does seem a convincing argument. I, uh, admit I’m bad at reading Hu Tao, since they’re always very laconic and don’t provide much info early (which I’ve come to learn is a way to survive into the endgame), but the logic makes sense.

I would not prefer Hu Tao over Celebloki or Dunn due to some uncertainty, but if I have to compromise I won’t complain.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1296 (isolation #56) » Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:45 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 1268, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 1260, Thomith wrote:
In post 1244, Flavor Leaf wrote: Oh, it's Wiz, Hu Tao, and RCEnigma.
Why do you think this specifically is the solve?
I think RCE is in their scum meta based on their choice of choosing how to interact with my slot, I made a case a little while back, and this is a solve if Celeb is town specifically.

If Hu Tao town/Celeb scum, then there’s probably scum in Bingle or Cakez, but idk if i think this is the case necessarily. It’s possible we’re right on the money with Celeb/Hu Tao.
Why me alongside those two? Is it just my, uh, lack of a strong stance on Hu Tao?
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1335 (isolation #57) » Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:32 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

I would definitely prefer to not be the wagon today for obvious reasons, but I really don’t understand the push for me.

Anyway, I’m not going to just sit around and die.

I’m the
Town Role Cop
, and Hu Tao is a vanilla role. Part of the reason I’m pushing Celebloki is due to doubt about there being two Town investigative roles—does that explain my push on them better?
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1340 (isolation #58) » Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:53 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 1337, Bingle wrote: Did you perchance read this:
In post 1237, Bingle wrote: There are precisely 0 worlds in which celeb is a scum neap, this is a simple game. Red herrings and implicative false innos don’t have a space in a simple game, that would inherently raise the complexity of the setup. I’m not particularly sold on this being a true claim, but if you believe the role you should believe the alignment.
I did, and I thought it was convincing—so I assumed that it meant Celebloki was lying about being a Neapolitan, not that he was the telling the truth about it.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1343 (isolation #59) » Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:57 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 1339, Dunnstral wrote: AnimatedWiz, you should be the person who most wants to leave Celebloki alive to check their role.

You say your roles are similar, but how would your role produce a guilty on mafia? Or a clear on town?
I don’t want to waste my night action on someone I feel is guilty—I want to get info on the people I see staying to LimLo, to give town the most information possible at the end.

If I investigate someone and receive a role only town could have, or vice versa, that’s a clear/guilty. Plus, it also can help catch a lie from someone during a massclaim—if someone lies about being a Vigilante and then isn’t for example, it’s a soft guilty in my opinion.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1346 (isolation #60) » Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:00 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 1344, Dunnstral wrote: What is a role that only town could have?
Cop, Friendly Neighbor, Mason, and Vigilante. Juggernaut’s the only role in this format that is Mafia-only.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1347 (isolation #61) » Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:01 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

Notably, there is technically a possibility of a Scum Neapolitan—I don’t think it’s likely, but it does kind of confirm someone as a town PR if they don’t receive a Vanilla Townie result on someone. Bit wonky, though.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1350 (isolation #62) » Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:04 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 1348, Dunnstral wrote: But you said you don't believe there can be 2 investigative roles in , so you're not expecting a cop.

Friendly neighbor and Mason don't need a rolecop to check them to be confirmed town. Neither does Innocent Child.

Vigilante is obvious because an extra person dies - again, doesn't need to be checked.
Well, a pair of claimed Masons can always just be scum lying about their roles to cover each other (and hoping neither gets eliminated to expose the deception), and not all Vigilantes kill immediately.

And again, Juggernaut is an immediate guilty.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1352 (isolation #63) » Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:07 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 1349, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1347, AnimatedWiz wrote: Notably, there is technically a possibility of a Scum Neapolitan—I don’t think it’s likely, but it does kind of confirm someone as a town PR if they don’t receive a Vanilla Townie result on someone. Bit wonky, though.
I think that Bingle is saying that if you are a town rolecop, this kind of setup "gotcha" is unlikely to be used in a simple game. Specifically Celebloki being a mafia-aligned Neapolitan when there are simpler roles, such as Vanilla Cop, that mafia could have.
I agree that’s it’s unlikely, but this is one of the first Simple Normal games on this site—the format’s new and we don’t exactly know if the reviewers would consider it too complex mechanically for the queue. If all the other power roles are mechanically uncomplicated or there’s very few other power roles, it might be considered fine.

And again, there’s the possibility that Celebloki is just lying about his role.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1354 (isolation #64) » Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:09 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

I just also really don’t trust you, Dunn, and Bingle’s vibes haven’t been stellar either. If someone I townread supported your arguments, I’d be far more likely to consider it.

I might need to step back and consider if I’m tunneling too hard.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1356 (isolation #65) » Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:12 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 1355, Dunnstral wrote: I get that you don't trust me. If the majority of players come on and agree that you should role cop Celebloki, would you do it?
I’m a little too stubborn for me to guarantee I would do it, but I definitely would weigh the option a lot more heavily. I just… really would not like to rolecheck him and later find out he’s a scum Neapolitan—I think I’m fearing looking a fool a bit too much.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1420 (isolation #66) » Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:15 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

UNVOTE: Celebloki.

The point about the set-up spec being explicitly not encouraged by Simple Normal makes me believe that my theory of a scum Neapolitan, while cool, is definitely not a fit for this situation. I’ll check him tonight and we’ll see what he and I find out.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1421 (isolation #67) » Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:15 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

Thank y’all for being persistent in getting through to me—I apologize for my stubbornness.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1423 (isolation #68) » Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:33 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

That’s perfectly fair—I just worry that, if I don’t get my night action off tonight, what happens then?

Basically, should the town trust Celebloki’s results on you if I can’t confirm him?
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1525 (isolation #69) » Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:53 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

VOTE: Bingle.

Look, I’m going to be honest—it feels like a lot of y’all are putting on performances here, and it makes it hard for me to trust you. People like Thomith and Naerys feel genuine to me, and I really want to trust them as a result.

Bingle, out of everyone here, has continuously felt the most like he’s playing a part (like he’s reciting a script), and I’ve felt it since early on D1. I would really like us all to consider working together to vote him out here.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1526 (isolation #70) » Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:59 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

Town
: Thomith, Naerys
Townlean
: Flavor Leaf, Dunnstral, Hu Tao, Roden
Null
: Celebloki
Scumlean
: RCEnigma, SirCakez
Scum
: Bingle
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1564 (isolation #71) » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:37 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

I think solidifying our votes down to Hu Tao or Bingle is probably the only way we’ll actually get an elimination through today, considering we have less than 48 hours left in D2.

I would definitely prefer for Bingle to go over Hu Tao, but I think either going will get us more information once they flip and we see how people read them and such.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1640 (isolation #72) » Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:08 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

I’m fine with Cakez as well—not as much information will be gained, but I do think it’ll be accurate, at least.

VOTE: SirCakez.

E-1.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1689 (isolation #73) » Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:13 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

I would like to hear from Elements as well, if that’s all right. I think someone who hasn’t been slogging in these trenches with us for the last week can probably add some, uh, fresh perspective that we’re all too mired to discover ourselves.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1690 (isolation #74) » Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:16 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

I just am not having an easy time reading the majority of y’all this game—keep second-guessing myself and my intuition. Feels like everyone’s talking in riddles from behind masks, and there’s enough of y’all I feel that way about that I know it can’t be the only detector of scumminess I use… even if it’s what I mostly have at this point.

…is there a possibility we go back to Bingle? I would really like that information to help me read everyone.

VOTE: Bingle.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1717 (isolation #75) » Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:48 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

Not to rush anyone
too
much, but we have 16 hours left in Day 2. If push comes to shove, we may have to make a suboptimal choice together—an unhappy compromise elim or no elim at all. :(
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1772 (isolation #76) » Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:56 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 1756, Bingle wrote: I don't think that Celebloki is a scum Neap. I think that it's reasonable for someone to think that one of Celeb and Wiz is scum, which is a whole other kettle of fish.
In post 1760, Bingle wrote: I think RC as scum with a stronger investigation (ungated tracker level) and the block source as town is reasonable.

I think Neap as scum fakeclaiming (probably a vanilla cop) and no blocker is reasonable.

I have strong thoughts about what the actual world we live in is, PR wise, but I think it's a bad idea to share them prior to night phase because it might help inform the kill, which I DON'T want.
Do you think the world where I’m Mafia Role Cop is likelier than the world where me and Celebloki are both town? Because it doesn’t seem like you’re considering Celebloki to be the possible scum in our duo.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1811 (isolation #77) » Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:16 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

I would prefer a Bingle wagon, but I’ll be up in time to hammer if no one else is willing to switch votes before the deadline.

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”