Newbie 1072 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Newbie 1072 - Game Over!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:07 pm

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

You awaken to the hustle and bustle of your home town’s daily activity. Little did you know that the peaceful quiet of your normal, everyday life would come crashing down today. It seems that one of your fellow citizens has angered the Mob, and has paid for it with his life! What are you going to do? Why, you’re going to get your peaceful, little town back, that’s what…

Your job, fair citizens of the town’s Ruling Council, is to discover who among you belong to the Mafia and summarily lynch them. Two of your fellow Council members are working for the Mafia - find them before they take over the Council and the town!

Player List
-
Confirmed players are listed in bold-face type

Charlie *

Dazzy

Meransiel
(replaced FarmeriXi)
Forseti

Ghostlin ^

tclawren
(replaced gxw)
KingTwelveSixteen

Mute ^

Twistedspoon

* = Inexperience Challenged (IC)
^ = Semi-Experienced (SE)

The IC(s) are here to help you learn to play the game. Their play is governed by the wiki article Being a good IC.

Dead Players

Spoiler: Role Reveal
Twistedspoon,
Townie
, lynched Day 1

Forseti,
Townie
, killed Night 1

Meransiel,
Townie
, lynched Day 2

tclawren,
Townie
, killed Night 2

Ghostlin,
Cop
, lynched Day 3

Dazzy,
Townie
, killed in Endgame

Charlie,
Doctor
, killed in Endgame

The
Mafia
team wins the game!

Game Links

Day 1 Lynch | Day 2 Lynch | Day 3 Lynch
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:08 pm

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Game Rules

The Golden Rule

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun! Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game. Playing to win does not preclude being considerate of each other!

There is a ZERO tolerance policy for personal attacks in this game. I will remove you from the game (possibly without warning) if you get too personal.

General Rules/Game Etiquette
  1. In order for all players to play at least one game day this game will start with a Day phase.
  2. Communication outside the thread (if your role specifically allows it) is allowed until the game begins.
  3. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
  4. Please remember that you made a commitment to participate when you signed up to play. If you cannot fulfill this commitment, please contact the Mod and request a replacement instead of just disappearing!
  5. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it.
    If someone contacts you outside the game you should report it to the game Mod IMMEDIATELY.
Activity/Prods/Replacements
  1. You should aim for one post every 48 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.
  2. Prods of missing players will be issued upon request or after 3 real-life days of no activity.
  3. A prodded player has 48 hours to respond to the prod, after which time a replacement search will begin. The prodded player may re-enter the game so long as no replacement has been found.
  4. A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to possible replacement without further notice (player-requested prods do not count towards this total).
  5. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please PM the Mod so that you don’t get replaced!
Deadlines
  1. All Newbie games have strict 3-week deadlines.

2. Extensions are given only in extreme circumstances.
  3. Nights will have a standard deadline of 72 hours.
  4. If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.
  5. Deadlines may be shortened if activity is too low, or if all Night choices have been received early.
Player Actions/Voting/Player Death
  1. A simple majority of all living players must agree on one person (via voting) for a Lynch to occur (simple majority = ½ # of living players +1, rounded down). If no one has a simple majority of votes at deadline a No Lynch will occur.
  2. Votes should be bolded or they may not be counted (e.g.
    Vote: Player
    ).
  3. Vote revocations should be bolded or they may not be counted (e.g.
    Unvote: Player
    or
    Unvote
    ). Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
  4. You may
    Vote: No Lynch
    - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a Lynch.
  5. Votes/Unvotes should be placed on a line all by themselves to make them easier for everyone to see.
  6. Votes/Unvotes that reasonably follow the guidelines specified above, and are unambiguous with respect to player nicknames/abbreviations, will count. Attempting to fake a vote will result in a Modkill.
  7. Once a player has reached a simple majority of votes no further unvoting will change their fate.
  8. When a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players may continue to post.
  9. If you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post except for a brief “Bah!”-type post that contains NO game related information.
  10. Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage).
  11. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mod know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase.
Miscellaneous
  1. Red
    or
    Purple
    text is reserved for the Mod. No invisible/small/encrypted text is allowed.
  2. Vote counts will be posted once per page or once per 24 hours.
  3. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
  4. The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
  5. Please bold all requests to the Mod so that they don’t get missed.

6. Rules violations will be dealt with according to their severity (up to and including a Modkill) as the Mod sees fit.
  7. Modkills may be accompanied by a change to day/night. The offender’s role will be changed to Neutral Survivor, which guarantees a loss.
  8. Any situation not explicitly covered above is subject to Mod discretion and will be handled as the Mod sees fit on a case-by-case basis.
Helpful Links:

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:09 pm

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

The F11 setup is the current game format used in Newbie games. To prevent the development of game-breaking strategies, these Newbie Games are Semi-Open, wherein the actual game setup is randomly chosen from one of four possible setups as detailed below:
  • 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Sane Doctor, 5 Townies
  • 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Doctor, 6 Townies
If either of the first two setups are in play, and the situation occurs where the Goon is lynched first, the Roleblocker will still be able to submit both night kills and roleblocks (roleblocking is a function of the Roleblocker; night kills are a function of the scum team as a whole).

These are the Role PMs that have potentially been sent to the players:

Mafia-Aligned players:

Mod wrote:
name
(a Mafia Goon) and
name
(who is also a Mafia Goon) are part of the local Mafia crime family. Since your plot to quietly overtake the town has failed, you will attempt take it by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber the populace.
  • During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched.
  • During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia (via this QuickTopic) and choose another player in the town to kill that night. One of you must
    send me a PM
    with your choice of who to kill.
  • You may communicate privately via QuickTopic with your fellow Mafia up until the game thread is opened (this is called Night 0). Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle.
  • You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.
Mod wrote:

name
(a Mafia Roleblocker) and
name
(a Mafia Goon) are part of the local Mafia crime family. Since your plot to quietly overtake the town has failed, you will attempt take it by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber the populace.
  • During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies and attempt to get someone lynched.
  • The Mafia Roleblocker has the ability to distract any player throughout the night, effectively negating their night ability, if they have one.
  • Send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to block, usually along with the kill. If the blocked player has a role with a Night action, it will have no effect. You will not be informed as to whether the roleblock was successful or not.
  • During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia () and choose another player in the town to kill that night. One of you must
    send me a PM
    with your choice of who to kill.
  • You may communicate privately via QuickTopic with your fellow Mafia up until the game thread is opened (this is called Night 0). Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle.
  • You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.

Town-Aligned players:

Mod wrote:

You are a normal townsperson, trying to make a living and survive this insanity.
  • You have no abilities at Night other than getting a good night's rest.
  • Although you do not have any special abilities, your voice and vote are powerful weapons in their own right. Use them to your best advantage!
  • At no time may you privately communicate with any other player.
  • You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.
Mod wrote:

You are the local law enforcement, and can tell the good guys from the bad.
  • Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to investigate.
  • The Moderator will inform you as to that person’s guilt or innocence. If you are blocked by a Mafia Roleblocker, you will receive a PM stating “No Result”.
  • In a Newbie game, you will always get a correct result (no sanity issues).
  • You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.
Mod wrote:

You are the local physician, and can protect people from harm.
  • Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to protect.
  • If someone attempts to kill that player during the Night, they will be spared. You will not be informed as to whether your protection was successful or not.
  • You may not protect yourself.
  • In a Newbie game, your protection target will always live through the night.

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:13 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

All players have confirmed and Day 1 has begun.

5 to Lynch.

gxw
gxw
Townie
gxw
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:24 am

Post by gxw »

Vote: Charlie
Unvote, Vote: Dazzy
Unvote, Vote: FarmeriXi
Unvote, Vote: Forseti
Unvote, Vote: Ghostlin
Unvote, Vote: gxw
Unvote, Vote: KingTwelveSixteen
Unvote, Vote: Mute
Unvote, Vote: Twistedspoon

Because lemons.
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:31 am

Post by Charlie »

Hello newer players and you 2 not so new players. I'll be your IC for this game. I think of it as a fancy tour guide, as one who asks you not to do blatant silly things (such as self-voting) and to explain certain things (such as these abbreviations: VI, WIFOM, AtE).

Good readings are:

1) The first post of the game: here you will find important details of the game, which our mod will update periodically
2) The second post of the game: Rules are rules.
3) MafiaWiki, located here.

Please don't hesitate to ask questions in-thread. If you're doubtful of asking it publicly, you may PM the mod.

The Semi-Experienced players (SEs) are players without an obligation to teach, but they know the basic stuff as much as ICs.

We get the game going by either a random voting stage (RVS) or a random questioning stage (RQS)

Preview-edit: Looks like gxw kicked off the RVS with that post above.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:04 am

Post by Charlie »

gxw wrote:
Vote: Charlie
Unvote, Vote: Dazzy
Unvote, Vote: FarmeriXi
Unvote, Vote: Forseti
Unvote, Vote: Ghostlin
Unvote, Vote: gxw
Unvote, Vote: KingTwelveSixteen
Unvote, Vote: Mute

Because lemons.
Waitaminute. I'm sure I've seen this sort of thing before. You'd best explain before I go looking for it.
Kindness
KingTwelveSixteen
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:16 am

Post by KingTwelveSixteen »

VOTE: gxw

Because
lemonade.
Show
Win-Loss Ratio
2-3 Town
1-0 Scum
0-0 Third Party
3-3 overall
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:43 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Hey, guys, I'm Twistedspoon. Charlie's the IC here, and we also have 2 SEs. You can ask them any questions, but I don't mind answering too since I'm on everyday.
Trying to post frequently is a good thing and you probably won't get prodded that way too. :]

Looks like you guys are all new players to me, so nice to meet you all. =D
Let's have the best newbie game ever here. :D

EBWOP: HI FARMER! Looks like you're here too :mrgreen:
Here's to another good game with you :3

Serious time now:

GXW, your post is scummy in that it completely denies the point of the RVS. You're supposed to start a wagon going by placing a vote on one of the players. If the player is (bad)scum then they should react badly to it and crack under the pressure.
Double RVS-ing tends to be a solid scumtell, since there's no point to it. You RVS for pressure - why would you destroy reasonless pressure on one person to push reasonless pressure on another?

And in your case it's 9 times worse :p

HoS: gxw

I'm not voting for you yet because it is a newbie game, and I remember in my first newbie game I too made a very scummish first post, and I turned out to be town (Isn't that right Farmer ;) )

However, I'm HoSing you because of the reasons above, despite it being a newbie game. You need to explain to us like Charlie said.

That being said, let's all remember to enjoy the game and take it in good spirits. :]
~Twistedspoon

P.s. HoS, means hand of suspicion in case you didn't know. It is also known as FoS, Finger of Suspicion. Both are really the same thing though. I prefer hands to fingers though. :roll:
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:44 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

EBWOP:

Forgot to bold my HoS

HoS:GXW for above reasons

That's better :3

~Screwtape
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:56 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Vote: Mute

Wait, I feel like I've done that before....:)

I am one of your two SE's. While not in a teaching role like Charlie, I enjoy generally gabbing my face off and would be willing to impart some of my hard earned lessons into the game of Mafia on this site. As for the joke vote above: I played in a previous game with Mute and was responsible for getting him lynched. It was my first replacement game, what can I say?

Twisted, Charlie:
What's so scummy about the rapid voting/unvoting in RVS? (Random Voting Stage).
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:08 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Ghostlin wrote:
Twisted, Charlie:
Twistedspoon wrote: Double RVS-ing tends to be a solid scumtell, since there's no point to it. You RVS for pressure - why would you destroy reasonless pressure on one person to push reasonless pressure on another?
this.
and i didn't just make that up.

~Screwtape
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:11 am

Post by Mute »

@Ghostlin: OMGUS! (translated = oh my god you suck)

Hello all; it seems I'm an SE this game. All that means is I've played a few games here and have the gist of the goings on here. If anyone has any questions, the IC or me and the other SE will do our best to answer them and to help you guys with the game.

Vote: Farmerixi
: I don't like farmers.
:dead:
-Hard to see big picture behind pile of corpses-
Dazzy
Dazzy
Goon
Dazzy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:17 am

Post by Dazzy »

Hello everyone,

I'm Dazzy. This will be my first game online, only played a bit of irl Mafia.

I look forward to a good time playing with you all.

Para-quoting an... interesting video: When God gives you lemons, Find a new Ghostlin!

VOTE: Ghostlin
"They are concerned with matters hidden - under the earthline their altars are;"

ERTW
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:38 pm

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Vote Count 1.1

Twistedspoon - 1 (gxw)
gxw - 1 (KingTwelveSixteen)
Mute - 1 (Ghostlin)
FarmeriXi - 1 (Mute)
Ghostlin - 1 (Dazzy)

Not Voting - 4 (Charlie, FarmeriXi, Forseti, Twistedspoon)

5 to Lynch.

gxw
gxw
Townie
gxw
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:03 pm

Post by gxw »

First off:
Charlie wrote: Waitaminute. I'm sure I've seen this sort of thing before. You'd best explain before I go looking for it.
Hmm well this is my first game on this site, and I've only skimmed through some other recent newbie/mini theme games so far, and I didn't see anything like this in those. I planned to do my first post like that as soon as I /in-ed the newbie queue, for the reason below.

To Twisted and Charlie
: I did the multiple votes thing in order to gauge reaction or lack thereof to it. Clearly I had some interesting results.

Twistedspoon wrote: GXW, your post is scummy in that it completely denies the point of the RVS. You're supposed to start a wagon going by placing a vote on one of the players.
1. If the player is (bad)scum then they should react badly to it
and crack under the pressure.
2. Double RVS-ing tends to be a solid scumtell, since there's no point to it. You RVS for pressure - why would you destroy reasonless pressure on one person to push reasonless pressure on another?

I'm not voting for you yet because it is a newbie game, and I remember in my first newbie game I too made a very scummish first post, and I turned out to be town (Isn't that right Farmer ;) )

However, I'm HoSing you because of the reasons above, despite it being a newbie game. You need to explain to us like Charlie said.
1.Out of the six players who have responded after my post, you are one out of four who acknowledged my post, and you are the only one who had to go make a big deal out of it, which, according to you, is indicative of scum. I also find it interesting that you act like I didn't start a wagon, when, in fact, I did. And it's on you. My last vote was on you and I never unvoted.

2.It seems to me that you are trying to defend yourself even when there is no pressure on you by saying that my post "completely denies the point of RVS". Therefore, apparently, my vote is completely pointless and no one should wagon you. To me, this comes across again as "reacting badly" and, according to your logic, you are scum.

To make sure everyone sees this -

This is not an RVS vote.

Also, aren't all RVS votes "reasonless pressure" because you are putting pressure on someone for silly reasons? How does switching pressure make it any less pressure or any less reasonable than it already wasn't?

To Charlie:
I have been trying to figure out how to use the ISO feature and I can't seem to find it. Can you help?
KingTwelveSixteen
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:35 pm

@gxw: The ISO feature is at the bottom of the page under the "submit preview" thing. Click the "display posts by user" and select the user you want to ISO.
Show
Win-Loss Ratio
2-3 Town
1-0 Scum
0-0 Third Party
3-3 overall
KingTwelveSixteen
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:36 pm

Uh, I mean click the drop-down near the display posts by user text and choose the guy you wanna ISO.
Show
Win-Loss Ratio
2-3 Town
1-0 Scum
0-0 Third Party
3-3 overall
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:37 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

gxw wrote:
To Charlie:
I have been trying to figure out how to use the ISO feature and I can't seem to find it. Can you help?
Know you addressed this to Charlie, but since I'm here, go to the bottom of the page, do not hit 'reply'. There should be set of dropdowns. There's one that says 'see all posts by:' you should select a name and then hit the 'go' button.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:51 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

gxw wrote:First off:
Charlie wrote: Waitaminute. I'm sure I've seen this sort of thing before. You'd best explain before I go looking for it.
Hmm well this is my first game on this site, and I've only skimmed through some other recent newbie/mini theme games so far, and I didn't see anything like this in those. I planned to do my first post like that as soon as I /in-ed the newbie queue, for the reason below.

To Twisted and Charlie
: I did the multiple votes thing in order to gauge reaction or lack thereof to it. Clearly I had some interesting results.

Twistedspoon wrote: GXW, your post is scummy in that it completely denies the point of the RVS. You're supposed to start a wagon going by placing a vote on one of the players.
1. If the player is (bad)scum then they should react badly to it
and crack under the pressure.
2. Double RVS-ing tends to be a solid scumtell, since there's no point to it. You RVS for pressure - why would you destroy reasonless pressure on one person to push reasonless pressure on another?

1.Out of the six players who have responded after my post, you are one out of four who acknowledged my post, and you are the only one who had to go make a big deal out of it, which, according to you, is indicative of scum. I also find it interesting that you act like I didn't start a wagon, when, in fact, I did. And it's on you. My last vote was on you and I never unvoted.

2.It seems to me that you are trying to defend yourself even when there is no pressure on you by saying that my post "completely denies the point of RVS". Therefore, apparently, my vote is completely pointless and no one should wagon you. To me, this comes across again as "reacting badly" and, according to your logic, you are scum.

To make sure everyone sees this -

This is not an RVS vote.

Also, aren't all RVS votes "reasonless pressure" because you are putting pressure on someone for silly reasons? How does switching pressure make it any less pressure or any less reasonable than it already wasn't?

To Charlie:
Let me see if I understand you correctly.

You are
voting
for TS on the basis that he responded badly toward you for muitivoting and unvoting the entire town, ie, cracked under the pressure of you voting him at the end, over the fact that RVS doesn't mean anything.

TS originally votes you for a scumtell of muitiple voting during the RVS, saying it's against the whole scheme of RVS, which is to see who is the first to crack under pressure. (His argument being by giving your vote away, you were the first to crack.)

Frankly, here's how I see it:

GXW:
Fishing for reactions generally is town. However, treating your vote without value generally is scummy (seeing that's the most most protown players get). I'm going to throw in the standard 'it's Day 1' argument and give you a nulltell at this point.

TS:
I agree with the premise that if you overvote, your vote loses pressure. This is a very town thing to say. GXW has one point, tho', out of the two reactions this illicted, you were the only vote (Charlie was a HoS) and GXW voted you, which makes this look like an OMGUS of sorts, even if the reasons were slightly scummy. I give you a nulltell.

The most protown out of the three of you was
Charlie
, who I'll give a leaning town tell, although I really would like to hear from others, since we're kinda in the heat of the matter now.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:54 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

EBWOP: And this is what I get for NOT reading the vote count. Still, TS is still null for the OMGUS HoS. King; how do you feel about your RVS now?
KingTwelveSixteen
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:10 pm

Wow, already declaring town and scum tells on the first page? Thats fast.
Ghostlin wrote:...
King; how do you feel about your RVS now?
I'm fine with it, attacking someone because they say you are being silly with voting everyone and then basically calling it OMGUS because the vote ended up on them seems very...attacky? Um, overly agressive, wanting to lynch quickly, too hostile. You know what I mean, right? I can't think of the word for it right now, but I'm pretty sure there is one...I guess I'll just say 'scummy' for now.
Oh, and gxw is making it out to be more of a deal than twisted did in the first place, which strikes me as odd.
Show
Win-Loss Ratio
2-3 Town
1-0 Scum
0-0 Third Party
3-3 overall
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:36 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Ghostlin wrote:[
TS:
I agree with the premise that if you overvote, your vote loses pressure. This is a very town thing to say. GXW has one point, tho', out of the two reactions this illicted, you were the only vote (Charlie was a HoS) and GXW voted you, which makes this look like an OMGUS of sorts, even if the reasons were slightly scummy. I give you a nulltell
This is incorrect, btw. TS didn't vote GXW. It was a HoS--Charlie didn't HoS at all that I can see, rather asked a question for an explaination.
Dazzy
Dazzy
Goon
Dazzy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:31 pm

Post by Dazzy »

My thoughts on the gxw/TS issue:
Ghostlin wrote:
Twisted, Charlie:
I find myself pondering the same thing as Ghost here. While I could see rapid voting/unvoting as scummy in certain contexts, I don't necessarily agree with it always being so. In this case, gxw's format on his first post was clearly random (note the alphabetical order - same as mod's list), and was done all at once. I don't personally see this as any more suspicious than filling your first post in RVS with nonsense - they both accomplish the same thing, which is to place a vote on someone.

In this case, gxw got an interesting response from his interesting post.
Twistedspoon wrote:Double RVS-ing tends to be a solid scumtell, since there's no point to it. You RVS for pressure - why would you destroy reasonless pressure on one person to push reasonless pressure on another?
In response to the above, I fail to see how in the instant it takes one to read the vote/unvote of themselves they feel "pressure".

TS follows by saying that he won't vote gxw on his "very scummy behaviour" because it's a newbie game. However, he's just told us that applying pressure through votes is important when you feel someone is scum. Shouldn't newbies be shown that someone should be pressured based on a scummy post? While I'll acknowledge that an HoS is taking some action, at this point it has almost no weight to it when 5
votes
are needed to lynch. Maybe this is TS's attempt to avoid a direct OMGUS vote and therefore appear scummy himself while still shifting suspicion?

I don't know. Something in TS's reaction to gxw's single random vote, and his unwillingness to actually apply pressure to someone he feels is scummy rubs me the wrong way. Too much scum-calling and reacting with no pressure vote.
gxw wrote:2.It seems to me that you are trying to defend yourself even when there is no pressure on you by saying that my post "completely denies the point of RVS". Therefore, apparently, my vote is completely pointless and no one should wagon you. To me, this comes across again as "reacting badly" and, according to your logic, you are scum.
I loosely agree with this.

So:

Unvote ; Vote: TwistedSpoon

Also:
KingTwelveSixteen wrote:Wow, already declaring town and scum tells on the first page? Thats fast.
Worried? :P
"They are concerned with matters hidden - under the earthline their altars are;"

ERTW
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:47 pm

Post by Mute »

*sigh*
Unvote

Well GXW, I think you've brought us out of RVS, so applauding you for that. Page 1, D1, and already out of the RVS. Not a first for me but it still amazes me.

My input on the GXW / Spoon debacle - pure silliness. I won't bother with commenting on it further than that as it is, as I said, pure silliness. Not going to put a vote down til I've solid/concrete reasons for doing so.
:dead:
-Hard to see big picture behind pile of corpses-

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”