orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:25 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Okay, so what exactly am I suppose to choose? The Abbreviated roles?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:36 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I'll take Table 12.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (isolation #3) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:36 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Vote: Korts
for voting somebody who is schizophrenic.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (isolation #4) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:52 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Rogue Shenanigans wrote:Kort's power should only be used when we have a problem with who has what roles that can't be taken care of by the switcher.

Vote-No
Eh, I basically agree with all that. Vote-no.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (isolation #5) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:47 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Seraphim wrote:If I ever self-vote later, feel free to lynch me. When the game gets serious, self-lynching is only useful for scum.
I always thought that the random voting stage was, in a way, besides the obvious joke reasonings to vote people, that it was pretty serious, because you spur conversation, and something happens that starts the game.

In the case of self-voting, in the random voting stage, it's pretty harmless, but personally, I think its' pointless. For the people really opposed of self-voting, period, the discussion is going to focus on that. I wish I could reference this game, but it's ongoing..so nvm. But it gives us no information. But I think this part is kind of serious, since it's typically the starting point of the game.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (isolation #6) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:48 am

Post by orangepenguin »

I don't like how Empking is making a big deal about farside being warned. It was obviously just a joke, and the small text wasn't hard to notice or read at all. I don't see why any mod would modkill over something so petty, and was even surprised that farside was warned (even though it is technically breaking a rule or whatever), and to suggest that farside is scummy because she wasn't mod kill is ridiculous. I think the argument Empking is fighting for is pretty stupid, about the time.

Since it's getting pretty serious, I'll remove my random vote..for now..

unvote
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (isolation #7) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:42 am

Post by orangepenguin »

vote: Empking
- This whole conversation is really stupid [Empking's side]. I don't see any possibility that someone would argue this from a town perspective, and Empking is really scummy as a result of it. If the mod felt it was modkill worthy, he would've done it regardless of alignment. He didn't. He explained it above, yet you still seem intent on pressing the issue.

6 votes means he is at L-1.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (isolation #8) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:33 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I've been prodded. Guess, just like the ladies, I was bored. Heh. Anyways, nothing really has changed since I made my vote, which I still stand by. I've never played with Empking, I don't think, but if I have, I obviously didn't notice him enough to form a meta opinion of him and his "typical scummy behavior" people keep going off about. I don't think that should give him a free pass.

I don't get Oman. He first says he doesn't like the wagon, but then jumps on. AH.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (isolation #9) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:27 am

Post by orangepenguin »

farside22 wrote:
orangepenguin wrote:I've been prodded. Guess, just like the ladies, I was bored. Heh. Anyways, nothing really has changed since I made my vote, which I still stand by.
I've never played with Empking, I don't think, but if I have, I obviously didn't notice him enough to form a meta opinion of him and his "typical scummy behavior" people keep going off about.
I don't think that should give him a free pass.
Liar, liar pants on fire. I submit for your approval that of OP and Emp in a game similar to this.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9376

unvote:
vote: Orangepenguin

Please explain to me the game I linked to this game and any differences you see as I see Emp's play as similar to that. He turned out town and we argued about the same way.
Mind you I still think Emp shouldn't be just pissing off comments and not admit to being wrong. I have see scum play that way too.
LOL. I didn't technically lie. I said I didn't think I played with him. His name did seem familiar. Now I know why. I was wondering (in another game) where I played with populartajo before. Eh, I guess I just blocked that game out.

If you even read my play during that game, you can see that I was not committed at all, and I didn't pay attention to anything. I hated that game- I just found it so boring, and really regreted signing up. I basically lurked, talked when necessary, and didn't do a good job. I just had the unlucky fortune of also being scum during that game.

During that game, I only voted Empking because my partner told me too, and I ended up being lynched as a result. Obviously, he wasn't scum that game. I don't remember much from his performance, but I think RR chose him because he was an easy target, and I just went along with him, just cause I didn't care less, and got lynched for it. :( It think it's funny that the three of us played in the same game before. (even though I've played with you, farside, several other times, and like your signature suggests, I still have no "meta" on you)

But like I said, I didn't notice him at all, besides jumping on someone before the eventual lynch, that way, I wasn't on the townie wagon, and then following up on my vote the next day. I still don't understand how that got me lynched, but whatever. If I ranked my games, I would list that near the bottom, lol. :oops:
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (isolation #10) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:29 am

Post by orangepenguin »

EBWOP: I can't believe I began and ended a post with "LOL". Shame on me.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (isolation #11) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:51 am

Post by orangepenguin »

unvote
for now.

I don't think neko is that scummy, FTR.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (isolation #12) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:35 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I don't know why, but I can't just get into the game. I just can't. The game is really interesting and has an interesting format, so I don't want to be replaced out and I won't. I think it's unfair for me to just sit back and not say anything, but, I don't know what else to say.

I do think the case on RS is fair, but I don't know whether or not it's even worth a vote. I don't think neko is that scummy, to be honest. I still liked my old vote on Empking, but that appears to be a lost cause now, with RS on the wagon, whom people think is scummy, and BSG, who hadn't started posting until more recently.

Eh. Maybe I should do a re-read? Either way, I'll try to post more frequently, because 12 posts is kind of a joke after 20 pages, so I apologize, even though I don't need to. I've just been putting this game on the backburner, but I'll turn the heat up to high so I have to pay more attention to it, so the food won't burn anymore than it has already.

Something strikes me wrong with Shanba. I can't put my finger to it, but ever since I first noticed him a couple pages ago, I just had a bad feeling from reading their post. I don't know where I am going, but I am just thinking aloud. MafiaSSK has barely posted a bit more than I have at this point. Just pointing that out, but his post seem okay enough.

Korts post is a bit off too. farside just called him scum, and Korts replies with "farside is town". Honestly, is that all you're going to respond to that with?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (isolation #13) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:48 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

RS should be replaced. Definitely.

For the meantime, I don't like how the case on Empking died.
vote: EMP
. I feel like the wagon on him fell apart all too conveniently, and in itself, was quite suspicious.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (isolation #14) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:40 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Shanba wrote:Dear lord. Lynching Empking has merits simply for getting a useful farside back!

By the way, that is not me advocating his lynch. I stand by my position of not lynching the bleeding
tracker
So if scum have a role you find is useful, you wait to lynch them? :?
FoS: Shanba

@Korts: I don't really know what to say. Your vote on me is pretty weak, I might add, with the slight OMGUS, from you, because I called you out about not replying to farside or whatever

@Tanerin: So because he is "thick-headed" that gives him a free pass. Mmm...I should unvote why then?

By falling apart conveniently, there is an actual wiki term for wagons falling apart, but I just didn't like how it collasped so suddenly, for weak alternatives, like neko. JMHO.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (isolation #15) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

MafiaSSK wrote: Now in this game, I am more active than usual(especially 539). I am also actually scumhunting in this game.
Scumhunting? You haven't even put out a single vote out yet, not even a random vote. You have only gave a finger of suspicion towards korts and empking and Tan and Neko has given you town vibes. I would hardly call it scum hunting.

unvote, vote: Mafia SSK
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (isolation #16) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:36 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Interesting that you immediately post after Xtoxm voted for you. Maybe a little pressure is all you need?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (isolation #17) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:13 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

It actually works on me too, to be honest. I usually post more, when addressed specifically and pressed. Otherwise, I tend to take a back seat, I guess.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (isolation #18) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:36 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

It's not really pressure votes, just pressure and attention of the town in general.

Looks like my pressure vote didn't really work, since we're having a casual conversation about pressure though.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (isolation #19) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Korts wrote:Note how OP makes a fairly good point and then concedes how he does such things too. If the latter is true, why did you think it was a scumtell in the first place?
I was basically thinking aloud. I don't have anything to hide, so I might as well type out my thought process behind everything. I think it'd be scummy for me to hide that I do stuff like that too, somethings, so I just put it out there. It didn't occur to me in the first place. My vote stands though, since I still think MafiaSSK is scummy.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (isolation #20) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:11 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Shanba wrote:
hohum wrote:
Shanba wrote: But I refuse to lynch the tracker at any rate
One more important point here: This is a game where role is not indicative of alignment. Tracker or not, if he's scum (obvscum), then it isn't going to do us any good as a town to keep him alive.
Listen.

Each day, the roles rotate, but if we lynch a role, the role is gone for good. From a whether or not we win perspective, it is irrelevant whether we lynch a scum on day 1, on day 3 or on day 5, so long as we lynch him before the end of the game. For example,
D1: town
D2: scum
D3: town

is exactly equivalent to
D1: scum
D2: town
D3: town
But if we lynch scum with a role you consider good today, day 2, we could lynch another scum, and then day 3..

I don't think we should base lynch choice off of role. That just gives scum with good roles a free pass and another day to slip by. Possibly lynching scum all three days (unlikely, I know), not basing choice entirely on role, then will it matter at all if we don't have a tracker, or whatever? No, because we'd be this much closer to winning. I see what you're saying though, but I think it's silly to not lynch a scummy person just because they have a role that is considered good.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (isolation #21) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:32 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Oman wrote:
Do you really believe that it is likeyl that we'll lynch the sucms every single day? How many times do you see town mislynch day 1. in fact, its likely that we're ever so wrong about Emplking and we shouldn't lynch him with tracker because if he IS town then we lose the tracker and town.!
No, I don't think it's likely at all. My post was kind of an exaggeration, but if we lynch scum, I don't think it matters what role they have. But..the person might be town, so that has to complicate everything, so I see what Shanba means. I am just not personally going to use a role as a reason not to vote someone. With 12 players, a couple or more being scum, the odds are more than likely a person is town. So yeah, we MIGHT be wrong about empking. I am not currently voting empking at the moment though.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (isolation #22) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:36 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Korts wrote:
orangepenguin wrote:But if we lynch scum with a role you consider good today, day 2, we could lynch another scum, and then day 3..

I don't think we should base lynch choice off of role. That just gives scum with good roles a free pass and another day to slip by. Possibly lynching scum all three days (unlikely, I know), not basing choice entirely on role, then will it matter at all if we don't have a tracker, or whatever? No, because we'd be this much closer to winning. I see what you're saying though, but I think it's silly to not lynch a scummy person just because they have a role that is considered good.
Transcript: no really I want us to get rid of any useful power roles along with the shiny mislynches.

The point you're missing is that there is no difference technically in lynching Empking today and tomorrow, except that the tracker role stays in play (which is a GOOD thing, since town has great use for it and scum doesn't.)

Also, you're pushing the Empking wagon on a "why not" basis, addressing the point of lynching today compared to tomorrow instead of the point that he hasn't done anything scummy (boneheaded yes, scummy no).
Translation: Korts is trying to twist my words around, to give them a scummy meaning.

There is no difference in when we lynch Empking. That is true. I guess, if the tracker role helps catch scum, by keeping scum around an extra day, then it might be worth it, I suppose. You have a point there.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (isolation #23) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:43 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

unvote

@Tan: I am not really
pushing
for an Empking lynch. If I was, I was doing a terrible job of doing so, what with not voting him, and not trying to convince people constantly, with cases that are corroborated and stuff. I just thought and still do (though not as much as before) think he is a good option.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (isolation #24) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:47 am

Post by orangepenguin »

hohum wrote:There still seems to be two distinct camps here

1) Lynch based on role
2) Lynch based on perceived alignment.

I don't know what the correct answer is but the more I think about it the more I realize one side won't be able to convince the other, and we're going tie ourselves up into knots trying. Game mechanics aside, it's anti-town to not lynch based on alignment.
Wouldn't the solution to lynch based on perceived alignment AND role, since we can't seem to agree.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (isolation #25) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:38 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

So he's just going to self-vote and then throw out an omgus vote? Mmm..okay.

neko: I have no idea. If we lynch based on role, then you are the obvious lynch. IMO, if we base on percieved alignment, then it's Empking. Soo...not sure what to do. People don't want to lynch Empking today because he's tracker, which I get, I guess, but people want to lynch you too, because they think you're scummy for choisng the PGO right away.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (isolation #26) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:45 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

neko2086 wrote:MafiaSSK, OP, any reason you're not yet voting? Deadline is coming up soon.

mod, I'll be V/LA until late on the 15th
Right, well, I wanted to think about it more. I still don't think you're scummy, besides the role you picked, but if it comes down to it, I think RS was scummy and Xtoxm's self-vote surely wasn't helping. The Double Voter really isn't that important of a role anyways, especially towards the end of the game.

vote: xtoxm
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (isolation #27) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:46 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Oh, that means he is at L-2 now, if you can't count.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (isolation #28) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:13 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I really doubt Xtoxm is a jester. I've never played with one though, so I don't really know much about that topic.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (isolation #29) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:34 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I jailkeeped Empking. Did not trust him. Still don't.

. Going back on my day 1 reasoning.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (isolation #30) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:33 am

Post by orangepenguin »

neko2086 wrote:Tracker/watcher, I still don't see how blocking the tracker is at all helpful. OP needs to explain his thought process there.
There wasn't really much of a thought process, to be honest. The mod sent me a PM reminding me to use my power, so I chose jailkeep, and decided to use it on Empking, since I thought he was the best choice last night.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #764 (isolation #31) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:54 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

In hindsight, yeah, I probably should've just roleblocked. But I did what I did. Can't really change it now, but I didn't really think about it. I just quickly sent the PM and didn't think much beyond "I think Empking is scum, jailkeeping will keep him from doing stuff, click send".
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #817 (isolation #32) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:06 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

neko2086 wrote:Shanba, OP has pretty well established that he wasn't thinking. I don't think this is just unfortunate, rather, it might be telling.

I've been thinking about this more, and it seems that both scum and town have some motivation to use one of the JOAT actions. I do think it's possible, however, that OP as scum could've been so distracted by night talk and making a decision on a NK, that he completely forgot he had a JOAT responsibility.

I think it's even more likely that he's the SK, if we have one. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if we're looking for a SK, we need to look for evidence of somebody working on their own, in their own self-interest. It seems like for somebody to not have thought
at all
about their role that requires
two
decisions (who do I target and what action do I take). Scum would at least, I would think, feel a certain amount of responsibility to the scumteam to take an action with the role. I think a SK would more likely make such an oversight.

Now, if it turns out that we
don't
have a SK, I think it's only marginally more likely that OP is scum than town, but I
really
think this shouldn't be overlooked.

vote: OrangePenguin

By the way, how badly do we want to keep our masons?
To be completely honest, I haven't really been attached with the game in the first place, even during the day. One more prod, and I'm gone. My activity hasn't been the greatest either. But, I have been trying to keep up and post when necessary. It wasn't that I had two decisions, like you speculate, but that it wasn't at the top of my priorities. I didn't really think about it, but figured I'd target Empking, since he was my prime target the day before. I didn't understand what the concept of Bus Drive, Watching seemed kind of pointless at the time, and JK and Roleblock both did the same thing, so I figured I'd Jail keep Empking, so he couldn't do anything at all during the night. I don't really see how JailKeeping Emp was a big problem. Most of the other town seemed to agree with me that he was scum, but didn't want to lynch him becuase of his role. Well, Empking is a mason, too, you know.

All "we" (mostly Emp) have talked about was why I jailblocked him. I explained why, like I did in the thread, but he keeps on pressing about it. So I haven't really bothered to speak much more to him, because if he really cares about the issue, he can ask aloud in the thread. Meh.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #818 (isolation #33) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:09 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I think the first part might answer your ealier question, neko, but if it didn't suit you enough, please point out what I need to elaborate on.

I find it curious that neko is speculating that I am a SK. Like Oman just pointed out, there is no evidence of a SK. Unless..neko knows something we do not?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #829 (isolation #34) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:27 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I don't get it. If Empking is scum like I think, than why would he even tell us the truth? His results are meaningless if we can't trust him. Do you honestly believe Empking would've told you the truth Shanba? I think it's ridiculous how he is being cleared basically as a townie because of silly meta reasonings and whatnot.

Yesterday, it was "we can't lynch emp because he is the tracker". Well, he's no longer the tracker, he's the mason. Compared to the tracker, mason isn't that great of a role. Somebody else now is the tracker. I am no longer the Jack of all trades, but I wouldn't have blocked the tracker if it was anyone other than Empking.

Lucky for you guys when I come under pressure, I become a million times more interested in a game, and start posting more... It's just a general meta for myself, regardless of alignment. Those who have played with me might know of this. But I am trying to scumhunt! Don't say I'm not. It just that I am outnumbered and have little importance over the town, and it's just kind of frustrating. =/ I admit that I might be tunneling, so I will
try
to look at other people.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #859 (isolation #35) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:36 am

Post by orangepenguin »

farside22 wrote:
Empking wrote:What specific thing are you talking about?
Korts stating day 1 he would go with what the town wanted in regards to whether he blocked rotation or not then failed to do so. Now stating his reason for wanting a block because the role he had was powerful in scum hands. (thus believing hohum scum)
However I believe the only reason scum would hault rotation is if their scum buddies had something helpful and he has yet to show whom else could be scum that would deem scum holding any role.
Looking at OP non post as JOAT he wasn't helpful day 1 so why keep him as said role. Knowing there was pressure on you and willing to allow you to keep the tracker role.
So basically because of one person (who scum would block rotation only if scum had roles that were benifical to them and hurt the town) he wanted to stop rotation.

Anyone want to say why Korts is town at this point?
I could definitely see a Empking/Korts pairing, based off of that logic.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (isolation #36) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:50 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Not surprised you'd say that, considering our day 1 interactions..
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #865 (isolation #37) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:51 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

neko2086 wrote:Thought I was voting OP.

vote: orangepenguin

Korts' explanations have made sense thus far, but it seems to me it's very much contingent on his hohum case.
You were. Mod must've missed it. :?

missed what...
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #899 (isolation #38) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:56 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Okay, so wow. WOW. Do not like this sudden wagon on myself obviously. I understand Korts vote. But MafiaSSK's was just vote hopping on the hottest new wagon, being the opportunist that he is. He has done little the entire game.

unvote, vote: MafiaSSK

I have to go...BUT, I will be back later..
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #901 (isolation #39) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:23 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Ah, sorry. I had to leave before, but forgot to check back - and now it's kind of late ...so tomorrow, I will finish up.

As for neko, I am pretty sure I said stuff about SSK yesterday. I still think Empking is scum, yes, but last time I checked, Mafia tends to have more than 1 person as scum. Day 1, I even voted for MafiaSSK. Day 2, no, he was never at the top of my list (that would be Empking..and than maybe Korts as a distant 2 -- Mafia SSK doesn't post nearly as much as the other two..so maybe that's why?). It's not like I've tossed everything I said about Empking out the window, or have just attacked Mafia SSK because of opportunistic or OMGUS reasons, because I am not. I am voting SSK because there was a wagon forming on me fast - which is fine, this is mafia, I expect people to vote for me at one point or another in the pursuit to find scum - but MafiaSSK totally jumped on because he's opportunistic. He knows he could've jumped quietly on my wagon, without any notice. Maybe you should skim better, because my vote on Mafia SSK was in bold. I doubt you even skimmed, I bet you were just saying that to make ME look bad..
FOS: neko

Let's not forget you neko. I might be scummy for jailkeeping Empking or whatever it is that people are voting ME for, but your reasoning for chooing the PGO was VERY scummy, in retrospect. I didn't think you were that scummy then - you might be remember since you "skimmed" my posts and seem to think that I can't form any "new" (my mafiassk suspicions aren't that new) opinions, but I don't like how I am being discredited. Ugh. Plus, nobody seems to agree with me that Emp is scum. I might as well move on for now and go after OTHER scummy people. Just because I moved my vote doesn't mean I am any less suspicious of Empking.

"Oh the irony. OP you are just precious." I agree...except for different reasons than your own. Maybe you want me gone because I am "just precious".

neko, your vote on me doesn't make any sense. Plus, it's all built around your own speculation that has no merit. I've explained myself plenty. You're just happy that the town is no longer focused on you and now you've found the new wagon of the moment.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #907 (isolation #40) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:09 am

Post by orangepenguin »

*sigh* Pretty much everyone, with the exception of Oman, who seems to be the only smart person this game, seem to think I am scum. I am good as dead.

Right now, I think the scum team are neko/Emkping/MafiaSSK. I would be fine with lynching any of the three. Korts has been dropped, I am afraid.

@Empking: No new information? Uh, yes there was. How about the fast wagon on me that MafiaSSK quickly sprung upon, which was the basis for my vote?

It's not the fact that MafiaSSK is voting ME, but it is the way he quickly joined a wagon (which just happened to be my own) with very poor reasoning, putting the person at L-2 and everything, mixed in with his entire performance this game. If you just look at his posts in isolation, you'll see how little he has contributed to this game. He's active lurking. Those are scumtells.

It's hilarious seeing MafiaSSK's scumbuddies being quick to defend him though. Very telling.

@farside: I HAVE been playing the game. I was just playing it poorly day 1. I would like to think that I have improved day 2, personally, but there seems to be a wagon randomly on myself. I have gave my reasons.

@Shanba: You would think that, considering you're voting me too. I don't really see the point of a one liner - I wasn't being omgusy towards neko, but whatever I say won't convince you anyways, so it's just a wifom mess.

I would REALLY be interested in why I am scummy and a case on myself. I think I have addressed almost everything against me, and most of the "case" against me is just mere speculation.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #909 (isolation #41) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:39 am

Post by orangepenguin »

farside22 wrote:Well OP you haven't really given a good reason why you chose to JK, empking.
Also I haven't seen much as far as reason's for your votes.
Plus day 1 when you voted emp as you did really reminded of that game where you were scum and emp and I were town. Things like that tend to stick with people.
I gave my reasons for choosing to JK. They were really good reasons, and I admit that I should've thought it through a bit more.

That game was terrible from my POV. It would probably be on the bottom of my list of games, on the enjoyment scale. Lucky for you guys that game, I was scum. I've played many other games with you though - Open 81 (we were scumbuddies), Lovers Mafia (I replaced in as a Werewolf..I think you were town?), Reality mafia (both town), Mish Mash Mafia (both town), Trendy and Suversive (the game you referred to, which I hardly even played, compared to this one), PR Mafia (ongoing), Unclean (I was doc, you were town), and this one. I've probably played with you more than any other person..except maybe armlx..Heh. So you know my weaknesses more than anybody. What are you trying to say? I am scum and you two are town? Then why are you voting him and not me? I don't understand. The game really didn't stick with me though. It wasn't really a significant part of my mafia playing career. I tend to play better in the ones I enjoy. You don't know until you start playing them though. I am really starting to like this game though.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (isolation #42) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:19 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

MafiaSSK wrote:
farside22 wrote:I do find it entertaining when I see MafiaSSK saying I'm looking for an easy wagon in empking but after that he votes OP on little to nothing
Tan and I did some talking Day 1 about OP. Sorry I forgot I hadn't posted anything in-thread about it
Why didn't you? If you guys thought I was soooooooo scummy Day 1, you could've brought it up then. I don't get why neither of you mentioned it till now.

The only reason I am probably a major target is because I am just a mason today. Which I get, the mason is not really important, especially when neither of the masons are using it (!!!!) making it useless. There are definitely more important roles. That's for sure.

Is me being mason a major factor for anybody?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #996 (isolation #43) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:13 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

neko2086 wrote:Oman, the OP post that looks townie to you contains this:
I doubt you even skimmed, I bet you were just saying that to make ME look bad.. FOS: neko
neko, your vote on me doesn't make any sense. Plus, it's all built around your own speculation that has no merit.
I'm not sure what you saw in the rest of the post that looked very pro-town to you.

Also, do you not consider appeals to emotions scummy? If not, fine, but I'd like to know why rather than you just arbitrarily discrediting my posts.
Um, neko, you said my case on MafiaSSK came out of nowhere and said you skimmed through my posts, and didn't see anything on it. If you skimmed all my posts, you would've seen a prior vote on MSSK. Plus your vote on me is based on speculation on your part. Speculation isn't based off actual evidence, thus I think your vote on me is ridiculous, added with the fact that you basically lied and said I had no prior relationship with voting MafiaSSK - some people might've believed you and took that as fact, when it wasn't true at all. That's why I thought you were suspicious. It was only "OMGUS" in the fact that you were voting me - the reasons of which is why I thought it was suspicious and questionable, but I didn't vote you. I just gave you a fos and kept my vote on MafiaSSK, whom I believe is more likely to be scum than you, but because of what you did, I gave you an FOS, indicating to the rest of the players and yourself, that I am personally suspicious of you.

I don't know why that's even scummy. Or appealing to emotion for that matter.....some people might think saying "um" is emotional and show attitude, though, so maybe my use of words like "Um, eh, er, and ..." might throw people off. Meh.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1009 (isolation #44) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:29 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I would be willing to lynch both SSK and Empking. Don't care who. Both are probably scum, IMO.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1030 (isolation #45) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:41 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

neko2086 wrote:So... ineffectual mafia are harder to find? Come on, there's 40 pages of material here. Surely there's something besides gut you can find.

I see I'm no longer in OP's list of people he'd like to lynch. I seem to drift in and out of there with no warning.
*sigh*

If it's THAT important to you..

"I would be willing to lynch both SSK and Empking. Don't care who." Oh..and neko. I would be willing to lynch him too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like you're getting replaced though..
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1031 (isolation #46) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:47 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Okay, so we're getting nowhere. Empking hasn't even posted in our mason quicktopic since February. We have a week left, yes, I know, but I don't care. I think he and MafiaSSK are the scummiest people in this game. At least Mafia posts though.

Looking at the vote count, taking away Emp and Mafia:
Empking (5) hohum, farside22, Oman
MafiaSSK (3) orangepenguin, Korts

Korts is being replaced, and I am indifferent, and since there is ZERO consensus basically on MafiaSSK (not counting Emkping's save my own skin vote), I will gladly git rid of
. Good riddance. Town or scum, we'll be better off tomorrow anyways.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1032 (isolation #47) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:47 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

unvote, vote: Empking
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1034 (isolation #48) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:46 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

HAMMER.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1088 (isolation #49) » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:24 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

MafiaSSK wrote:OP, Shanba, and Korts are scum. Shanba most likely from vibes. Korts because of reasons mentions previously. Same with OP
Hah. Same with OP? Because of reasons mentioned perviously? What reasons and by whom? farside?

I still think you're scum. Not really sure about Shanba or Korts (who is cleared of being sk), but farside brought up good points. I have to look at things again now, and see where you fit in all this mess, because a lot has happened, which kind of changed things... Soo..no vote yet.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1107 (isolation #50) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:46 am

Post by orangepenguin »

That rule would point to a super kill, in the case of Oman, and explained why he is dead.

I am basically going back to my reasoning from the past day, in addition to basically miming farside (minus himself, plus another) in his suspicions, and saying he had a case, when he didn't. Plus his stuff that comes out of nowhere which isn't backed up by evidence, or anything. Anyways, I feel happy with my vote.
vote: MafiaSSK
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1115 (isolation #51) » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:57 am

Post by orangepenguin »

vote: Korts

Easy. I know I am not scum. I am just a townie. You're scum, who no lynched just to set up a mislynch on me. Or someone else no lynched, but you make the most sense, considering the circumstances.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1141 (isolation #52) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:08 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Sorry. Sunday = Hectic for me.

(I had just started writing a case at 8:30, after reading neko/DGB's post, with quotes and all that jazz, but I hit a button, and my post was cleared (I had hit the link to the thread at the top), so now I have to re-write everything. *SIGH*)

I will have it posted momentarily.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1142 (isolation #53) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:54 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Okay, that wasn't momentarily as I hoped. The post being cleared really annoyed me, so I went away for a few hours, and did some other stuff.

First off, just to clear things up: I blocked Shanba. Going into the night, I was pretty confident that Shanba was scum. Given the night kill on farside and the fact that Shanba hasn't hammered yet, I think it's safe to assume Shanba = town. I am town. This means DGB is scum.
vote:DGB

I went through their posts before, talking about the PGO pick, the subtle bussing day 1 against Empking (fake vote on him and later not wanting to lynch him cause of role) and stuff like that. Then neko's sudden departure. Then I mentioned how little DGB has posted thus far, and how the last post she just made was the longest she's made so far, and how little she has contributed, staying in the background. Then she hammers Korts (with no reasoning with the vote, although she listed prior suspicion beforehand..), saying she wasn't aware that she was the double voter. Seriously? Plus, you said you hadn't had time to read? Yet you still were confident enough to hammer somebody, huh?
OP was roleblocking, right? Maybe Shanba's result was roleblocked?

Shanba, if you're town, then OP surely is scum.

There must be an explanation for your result.
That sentence doesn't even make sense. How does make me surely scum? You obviously know Shanba is town, so of course you are going to call the other person scum. Shanba is confirmed town, so you have no choice but to go after me. Fair enough. But I blocked Shanba before she was literally confirmed town, when I thought he was the scummiest person remaining, after Korts turned out to be town. In hindsight, I wish I would've blocked DGB, but eh. Shanba seemed like the best choice at the time. I wasn't going to block farside, and I thought Shanba was more scummier than neko/DGB, so that's why I made my choice, but since there was a night kill, the scum has to be DGB, since I know my alignment, and Shanba would've hammered if he was scum.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1171 (isolation #54) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:07 am

Post by orangepenguin »

First off, I can't believe I made it too endgame. I think if I decided to no kill and blocked Shanba, we could've got Shanba lynched. But of course, he was the double voter.

It wasn't until Night 1 that I realized Tanarin WAS NOT my partner. For some reason, I thought Emp and Tan were my partners, lol, so I just ignored Tan for Day 1, whenever they mentioned me.

I was REALLY annoyed I didn't get to use my JoaT powers - I never jailkept anyone. I wish I had used my powers, but I asked in the quicktopic, and never got a clear answer, and then the day started without me sending in a night action. So I lied and said I jailkept somebody, so the town wouldn't jail keep in the future, and I chose Empking, because that who I was targetting hard, and he was supposed to play along with it, but he didn't. I figured Empking's lynch was inevitable, so I would look a lot better if I supported his lynch outright, instead of trying to get others lynched. I don't regret that. hohum WAS NOT supposed to die that night - actually, I sent in the night kill for somebody else- and since I was the Godfather leader person, I could've overruled hohoum's night kill, probably saving him, but I said no, because hohum knew what he was doing. So..he died.

I thought night killing farside was kind of stupid, and I wish I posted earlier and said "Okay, so I blocked Shanba because I thought he was scum. There was a night action, so it must've been DGB..lalala". But I didn't, cause you too got there first, and I was busy saturday (not sunday like I said)

I did make a case. It was pretty sweet. But my post cleared and it was REALLY frustrating. I doubt it would've convinced you.

I thought going in for today, I was going to be double voter, like you said, but I wasn't. :(
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1173 (isolation #55) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:15 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Heh..

Live and learn. Or die, in this case.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1177 (isolation #56) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:18 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Shanba wrote:Hrm

I didn't claim that you would be double voter in order to confuse you, I just misread the way the roles rotated. But it would have been a nice wheeze :)
Oh, I didn't think you did. I just never bothered to check, until the day after, only to see I wasn't the dv.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1185 (isolation #57) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:37 am

Post by orangepenguin »

FTR, Xtoxm, I didn't wanna lynch ya. Just business, y'now?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1191 (isolation #58) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:40 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

That was NOT planned, hence the bussing from us two others.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”