Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:17 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

@SensFan: Back off my Leafs. They deserve every meager victory they can get.

@AlmasterGM: Greetings to you!

1) Sorry, but I'm not answering that
2) I wouldn't if I could.
3) Nope
4) Let the second player have $55 - I pocket $45.
5) Same 55/45 divide.

VOTE: The Stove
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #64 (isolation #1) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:27 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

@AlmasterGM - Please answer your own questions as a show of good faith.
Vi (5) wrote:I'll pass on PikachuGM's questions.
In a game with crossfire, I in particular have every reason to want to be Town (plus I prefer being Town in the first place).
Why are you passing on the questions? Wait, check that, why did you answer the first question and ignore the rest?
What do you meanby crossfire?
Andrius (18) wrote:What does he mean by "Leaves"? Is that a team name or something?
Toronto Maple Leafs -- an ice hockey team. They soundly defeated their divisional and provincial rivals the Ottawa Senators by a score of 5-1.

Also, I don't see what you've gained by dangling the threat that you've viewed people's wiki role preferrences. I think that cases should be made using as little of WIFOM as possible.
nopointinactingup (28) wrote:I'd shoot myself in the head if I'm a N0 Vig. But it's a shame that I'm not ( or am I? )
Why?

tanstalas is stretching way too much to try to frame Andrius.

Also, I refuse to sheep Fate until I can understand what he's saying. And is the mason claim legitimate or are you guys just fucking around?
UNVOTE: The Stove
VOTE: tanstalas

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #70 (isolation #2) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:06 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

tanstalas wrote:
Kublai Khan wrote:tanstalas is stretching way too much to try to
frame
Andrius.
@Kublai
- Can you give me your definition of the word 'frame' in the context of the sentence you used it in?
Frame
: Attempting to incriminate with the use of false and/or malicious arguments.

Your reasoning that people at the top of the sign-up list are more likely to get the role they chose is crap, IMHO. If you honestly believed that to be a possibility you'd have waiting for more responses to AlmasterGM's opening questions to see if it supported your theory.

It's scummy to make meta-mod-WIFOM arguments as the basis for a case.

And
FOS: SpyreX
. He needs to explain himself.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #83 (isolation #3) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:02 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Fate wrote:sorry kublai i have a post restriction i cant talk good about why viscum

viscum is just is
Okay.. So in a game where the mod specifies that no VIs are allowed, you're claiming that you have a post restriction that causes you to post like a VI?

Or I guess you could be talking about the game-wide no ALL CAPS posts rule. But that just means that your postings are self-obfuscating and therefore you can quit being annoying at any time.
SpyreX wrote:I didn't want to be scum. Thus, I picked town first. However, it's been a long, long time (if ever?) since I've been an SK so that might be a hoot.
I'm confused. Why didn't you just pick two different town colors if you wanted to be town?

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #118 (isolation #4) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:27 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Starbuck wrote:
Fate wrote:hey reck starbuck is fluffposting like she did as scum please mediate between us
Not really sure how stating my knowledge of flavor is fluff posting?
It's not scum-hunting.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #125 (isolation #5) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:58 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

ReaperCharlie wrote:
SpyreX [1]
- Kdub, xvart
Mod: Is this an error?

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #207 (isolation #6) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:40 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

@tanstalas (130): Okay, I guess. But I still don't understand why you would move your vote from SensFan to Andrius if you truly believed that the lower numbered players have the highest probability of being scum.

@SpyreX: Maybe I'm dumb or I missed it, but could you re-explain why you didn't submit town/town instead of town/sk if you wanted to be town?
Fate wrote:but they complain to the wrong people we are the opressed not the opressors
Ugh. I'm the one feeling oppressed. Just get over your poutrage and write like a normal person.
Andrius (188) wrote:And outing colors is bad, especially since RC told me something, and since RC can't shut up others probably know, so.
Ugh. Seriously? If it wasn't part of a role PM, then it should be public info.
Wait, is that the line you belayed? If so, then nevermind.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #250 (isolation #7) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:35 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

@The Stove: You guys need to sign your posts as promised.
xRECKONERx (223) wrote:attn everyone
if any of you vote starbuck you will have my wrath upon you so quickly itll make your head spin
What is this I don't even
SpyreX (225) wrote:I said, and I'm pretty sure you quoted it, I went "I want to be town, but SK could be a hoot as a backup" thus.
Ok weird.. That statement still sounds completely fake the second time around.

I'm near-certain that SpyreX is scum. xvart has mind-nanja'd my reasons for thinking so.
tanstalas wrote:Andrius was almost as low as SensFan, and the fact that Andrius' first color choices included an invalid color and had to resend them in made me wonder if maybe SSBF (who eventually turned into SensFan) actually would be "in before" Andrius. There was also the post by RC in the signup thread that Andrius was just going to get the 'leftovers' of what everyone else didn't get.
*checks*...
ReaperCharlie in signup thread wrote:Well... he sent in one color. Yes, we said to send in two, but I guess he thought it would be funny to only send in the same one over and over.

So basically, we decided we'd just give him the leftovers of what everyone else got, so that more people would actually get what they wanted.
Huh.. Story check out. Nevermind then. Carry on.

UNVOTE: tanstalas
VOTE: SpyreX
xRECKONERx (227) wrote:dramonic needs to contribute more

so on that note imma let him get on the computer now and say some stuff

whoo irl prods ftw
Wait, two players are sharing a computer IRL for this game? There really should be a site-wide rule against that. *makes mental note for later MD topic*

@Andrius (234): Yeah, "KK" is fine.

@Starbuck: You are trying way too hard to be neutral. That is a scummy style of play.
FOS: Starbuck

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #255 (isolation #8) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:42 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Plum wrote:
@xvart -
Well, on the fly, this is what I thought: First I recognized the 'Would like to be Town/would see some fun in being SK as well'. Second, if the only pick for Orange out of everyone's two picks was someone's second choice that's almost certainly where it would go/what would happen. So if you don't get it as a second choice means someone chose it above you and presumably got it. Assuming Spy thought that SK would only be given to a request for Orange, that makes sense. Not that it's flawless logic given things like the fact that the plan seems to have been to give out Orange come hell or high water, but it's not without some degree of thought behind it.
Sorry to jump in on a comment aimed at xvart, but...

Are you thinking that colors got handed out on a first come, first serve basis? (i.e. Player 1 got their first choice, Player 2 got their first choice (unless both Players 1 & 2 picked orange))?
Plum wrote:
xvart wrote:So you don't think that with SpyreX's knowledge and experience with draft games and pick your alignment games he wouldn't know better?
If you can point out any scum motivation I'm all ears. I'm not saying it should be taken as a Towntell empirically (though I certainly don't find it scummifies SpyreX), but I fail to see any scum motivation here. Again.
I think it's more of a slip than a tell.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #256 (isolation #9) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:48 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

xRECKONERx wrote:kublai khan
first off just trust me on starbuck im like one of the only people that can read her and her read here is town
same goes for dramonic
just trust me on their reads
That's the problem. I don't trust you. At all.

(How did you get past the no-VI rule again?)
xRECKONERx wrote:second off dramonic just flew in to visit me for two weeks so hes having to use my computer to post since his laptop wont work with my wireless so stop getting your panties in a bunch
:oops: Oh right. I remember the GD thread now. Nevermind then.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #399 (isolation #10) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:22 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Guys. No color claiming yet. Let me type up my thoughts on it when I'm clocked out of work/not posting from phone.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #488 (isolation #11) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:34 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

SpyreX wrote:Now, see, if it were actually town playing up this "why would you ever not pick two town colors omg sk blah blah" then I'd sure as hell have expected even a peep about the fact Sens did the exact same thing.

But, there hasn't been. Why?
No offence to SensFan, but I have higher expectations of logic from you.
SpyreX wrote:KK (I think) was the one who made the argument of "If you wanted to be town, you would have picked town colors with both."
Isn't the exact flipside (the one not mentioned) "If you wanted to be scum, you would have picked both scum colors?"
So what do you think the reaction would be if you said "I picked Red as my second color but didn't get it"?
Plum (411) wrote:Having skipped ahead and read throygh Spy's trap, I'm inclined to see KK as worse, because all he says is that xvart mind-ninja'd him. While I am less than pleased by xvart's approach, him citing Spy's experience with drafting games at least indicates some thought. KK we can't see the subtleties which make xvart look at least like he might have been hunting for real.
"Spy's trap"? Please elaborate on that interpretation of his play...

Re: xvart's 419: Oh goddamn it. xvart keeps writing stuff I think of before I can write it. (Both about SpyreX and xRECKONERx).

Re: Color Claiming..
dramonic (292) wrote:
dramonic wrote:@Color claiming:

I'm in favor of it.

Pros:
If the mafia have no fakeclaims, they'll dig themselves into a corner FAST, because if any town color only has 4 claimers all of them become confirmed.
If the mafia have fakeclaims, they'll probably be spread evenly among the colors and that gives us mini-blocks to hunt within.
If everything is split evenly, the Orange is going to stick out like a sore thumb (6-6-6-7, I WONDER why the SK is)
Limits who the scum can kill, because if a group becomes too small the mafia will stick out

Cons:
The SK has a fairly good list of where to find whatever ring he wants to get his hands on, so we'd have to off him FAST
Technically can give the scum a good list for PR hunting, though the fourth pro somewhat limits that
If the scum aren't spread equally, the SK could blend into one of the 6 groups and then we're in trooooooouble

Thought?
Waaaay too simplistic.

While waiting for the mod(s) to answer my question about whether or not the vote count was messed up, something Andrius said rang a little bell. Currently listed amongst my abilities is my voice and my vote. And in my items is my ring, which is the source of my power. I asked danakillsu if I would lose my voice/vote if I lost my ring and the reply was that I would find out if or when that should happen.

The reason I bring this up and overall want to stop blind color claiming is that we have to remember that this is Black Lantern Mafia and not Lantern Corps Mafia. Losing one's ring doesn't not necessarily result in death and I'm theorizing that it's possible to be "found" by other rings/factions. And I'm sure Nekron is involved somewhere/somehow. Probably as a cult mechanic.

Obsfucation is most likely town's ally in this game.

@AlmasterGM: Good catch on dramonic..

Also: Fate doesn't have a ring?

---
asides:
does MoI = EPR?
and uggh.. I'm falling behind. Need to re-read game and get better perspective.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #560 (isolation #12) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:12 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

SpyreX wrote:Actually, its even better than that. I expressed interest in being SK. Sens said he wanted to be scum and picked SK.
And if he was really pissed off about it. It may be a gambit, but it earns him at least a day.
SpyreX wrote:My gut reaction before all this? Probably would have been some form of "Huh, guess there was a lot of people who wanted Red."
You wouldn't have busted in and said "i'll give an interesting tidbit too because its awesome my second pick was red and i didn't get it"?

What's bugging me is the implied result that you got neither of your choices. Because if you got your first choice, you wouldn't have bothered considering the implications of not getting the second. The fact that you did say something, then backpedaled away from that ridiculous conclusion, then are now defending it as it been questioned just doesn't sit right.

Additionally your wording choice is what makes you suspect. You didn't say that you picked a "town color" first, just "town". Considering that you've stated that you never took the color quota thing into account when making your draft variants. This is screaming to me that you're miffed at not getting a town or SK color. Ergo scum.
Jack (491) wrote:There is a cult, but it's no concern to the town.
*twitch*

@MagnaofIllusion: Ah, okay thanks..
Plum (555) wrote:No one citing Sens for having done, or claimed to have done, parallel picks in relation to Spy's - scum/SK vs. Town/SK choices. If your excuse was that you have higher expectations of logic from SpyreX, question follows: What specifically do you think SpyreX has done/might have done, given his claim of Town color/Orange color picks and his statement that he did so? Because I had a hard enough time figuring out where Xvart was coming from and realizing that our disagreement may not shed light, with current info, on Xvart's alignment. But you, what do you think SpyreX has done that is, in fact, scum-motivated?
Again, how is that a "trap"? A trap implies that SpyreX foresaw everything and strategized accordingly.

I'm not sure I understand the scope of your additional questions. What should SpyreX have done differently? I dunno.. Make sense? I'm really not sure what kind of answer you're looking for. Let me know if my above response to SpyreX illuminates my position on things.

I guess it boils to, if you were in SpyreX's shoes and you submitted town/sk, would you confirm the existence of SK if you had gotten your first choice?

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #629 (isolation #13) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:40 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

xRECKONERx wrote:Dram can't resist making a catchup post and NOT attacking his buddies. He's like me when he's scum - he knows who the bad guys are, so it's easier to appear townie if you're hunting the bad guys, therefore he buses. It's his MO when he's scum. He's done it in countless games with me.
What do you make of post 565?

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #635 (isolation #14) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:47 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

xRECKONERx wrote:...you mean my own post?
Sure.

If you and dramonic have similar scumtells, then surely your big catch-up post where you bus all your scum-buddies must be indicative of something.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #676 (isolation #15) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:48 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Though I'm glad the CAPS LOCK KREW have different names because otherwise I wouldn't be able to tell them apart. Though I'm suspecting, (and I have no evidence of this atm), that one of them picked/got scum and will betray the rest to massive lulz at some later point. Because this "lulz" stuff is popular with the kiddos, right?
SpyreX (640) wrote:Uhhh. Why would I have busted in with that?

I totally got my first pick. I'm not sure how with ANYTHING said you could think otherwise.
Then you're pretending to be much dumber than you actually are. And likely not for pro-town reasons.

MOD: Can you add a rule of "No varying text size"?
Because that's some annoying shit.

Still, Vi is right about the fractured voting thing. I'm going to re-read the top vote-getters in iso later today and see if anything sticks out.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #791 (isolation #16) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:54 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Vi (678) {Numbering mine} wrote:KK 676 -
1*The CAPS LAWCK bunch is quite distinct if you don't paint the members with a wide brush. Why would you say otherwise
2*You're going to have to explain - for the last time - what this SpyreX hate is about.
3*[advicedog]SEE ISOLATED INCIDENT | CREATE SWEEPING REFORMS[/advicedog] Get over yourself.
4*I'm half tempted to suggest AlTeRnAtInG cApS just to see what would happen
1*Like a hyperactive disobedient dog, I'm just ignoring them for now.
2*I don't hate SpyreX. But his dancing around instead of giving a straight answer just keeps him looking scummy. Explanation later, but overall do you think that in this setup, those who are more strongly SK-hunting are more likely to be scum?
3*C'mon now. No small text should be on every mod's ruleset. Even if it's just jokey stuff.
4*You're only suggesting that because there's a 50% chance of your name being capitalized wrong, and not the wrong way you hate.
SpyreX wrote:Because the implication of "I didn't get my SECOND pick" isn't "I didn't get either" because if that was the case and I was going to open my mouth I would have said I didn't get either?
*pinches bridge of nose*

Game choices work in the fashion of a "IF-THEN" statement.

If you can have Choice A, then you get Choice A.
If you can't have Choice A, then you get Choice B.
If you can't have Choice A and you also can't have Choice B, then you get whatever is left over.

If you got your Choice A. So how the fuck could you have come to the conclusion that you needed to warn the town that the possibility of a SK exists in this game because you didn't get it and it was your Choice B?

It most logical explanation I can come up with is that you want to direct everyone's attention to SK-hunting.
xRECKONERx (747) wrote:I have inside info on Starbuck.

SHE IS THE TOWNS. Or at the very least, she isn't red scum.
Explain.
Andrius (752) wrote:Instating a rule without explaining WHY is bollocks.
SENS AND TANNEBAUM ON THE SAME WAGON? HRM
I GUESS FAIL-KAT IS TOWN. >_>
Because the stuff you wrote in all caps is extemely dumb. Posting in all caps lowers your IQ apparently.
Vi (764) wrote:MoI and KK are scum essentially by default,
You've called me scum three times and now I have to demand an explanation/case from you. "By default" doesn't cut it.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #799 (isolation #17) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:43 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Vi wrote:
Kublai Khan wrote:
Vi (764) wrote:MoI and KK are scum essentially by default,
You've called me scum three times and now I have to demand an explanation/case from you. "By default" doesn't cut it.
Sure.
In XABC you liked being scum so much you were willing to off your scumpartner for the sake of fulfilling an alternate Win Condition of destruction and evil (Pom still hasn't really gotten over that btw). I fully anticipate you picked scum in this game. Hence, "by default".
Eh, don't bring up XABC. I played very badly as I distracted by something IRL that made mafia take a backseat.

Also, what's that logic again? I love being scum so much that I betrayed my scumpartners and tried for a third partyish WC?

I hate being scum. And this is my second game back from a year-long absence from mafia. I picked town/town.
Vi wrote:Meanwhile most of your posts don't really do much except add irrelevant commentary or ask light questions - your post #1 is a particularly catchy example of this, and it doesn't stop until you start latching onto SpyreX. But I did find this while reviewing.
KK #11 wrote:The reason I bring this up and overall want to stop blind color claiming is that we have to remember that this is Black Lantern Mafia and not Lantern Corps Mafia. Losing one's ring doesn't not necessarily result in death and I'm theorizing that it's possible to be "found" by other rings/factions. And I'm sure Nekron is involved somewhere/somehow. Probably as a cult mechanic.
I'm sorry, I don't see this information anywhere in the modposts. Do continue along these lines.
I explicitly state that I'm theorizing.

Also, it's a work week. Gimme the weekend to delve into the game more seriously. I was initially hoping most of this day 1 stuff would take place between Xmas & New Years (when I would have had more time to thoroughly digest it).
Vi wrote:tanstalas-scum - Y/N?
tanstalas-Christmas Tree - Y/N?
Leaning no on tanstalas-scum. I don't understand the Christmas tree question.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #945 (isolation #18) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:58 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Plum wrote:Explain how this all lines up as motivation and execution for scum-SpyreX, because you look like you're looking for excuses to keep pushing this, but your reason for finding what he did scummy seems to have evolved at least once in a very unnatural way. That said, you say you hate being scum. I'm willing to look into this as a possibility but I'd like to know if anyone or anything previously posted can back you up on this. By the way, my sister is both amused and unamused that you're using your baby as an excuse for having screwed her over in XABC .
I don't think I've ever been asked or volunteered my preferrences anywhere on the mafiascum board. So no, I can't present you with evidence that I hate being scum. Conversely, there's no evidence that I like being scum either.

When time permits, I'm going to meta-research if SpyreX usually freaks out so much with only 1 vote on him if he's town or scum. If it sounds like my case has "evolved" it's only because I have to keep explaining it in different ways to make myself understood.
Kast wrote:Blue Lanterns are a really small corps, with really just 1 notable member (Saint Walker) + 1 added member (Flash). Only 1 Indigo member has a name ("Indigo-1" the rest are nameless tribesmen who barely appear in the story), plus 1 added member (the Atom). Atrocitus is the only named Red Lantern who survives the first part of the Blackest Night series plus 2 added members who stop being red lanterns (Mera & Guy Gardner).
Double check wikipedia. Every faction has at least 4 named characters. Not sure I agree that Larfleeze especially wanted Blue. He tried for different colored rings at different points.
Starbuck wrote:Explain how I am being neutral.
You were helpful with game information/flavor, but weren't reacting to anything else in game. Your catch-up walls changed that.
un-FOS
for your benefit.

Also, re-read Andrius' breadcrumbs.
--
Lynch? WTF?
--
Lordy, lordy, we're all in trouble because Vi is likely-scum in this game.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #947 (isolation #19) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:26 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Vi wrote:
Kublai Khan wrote:Lordy, lordy, we're all in trouble because Vi is likely-scum in this game.
Remember, it's pronounced "Ahmgus".
It also ignores things like
*how it's no secret that I prefer to be Town
*how if I'm scum, I'm actually NOT a likely threat in this game because of how quickly I'll get killed
It's not OMGUS. Your case is default/meta/fail. My case is gut.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #949 (isolation #20) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:46 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Vi wrote:
Kublai Khan wrote:
Vi wrote:
Kublai Khan wrote:Lordy, lordy, we're all in trouble because Vi is likely-scum in this game.
Remember, it's pronounced "Ahmgus".
It also ignores things like
*how it's no secret that I prefer to be Town
*how if I'm scum, I'm actually NOT a likely threat in this game because of how quickly I'll get killed
It's not OMGUS. Your case is default/meta/fail. My case is gut.
Oh, so it's WIFOMGUS. My mistake. :P
Also, BBQ.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1229 (isolation #21) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:23 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Andrius wrote:Oh yeah.
CAN WE NOT QUICKLYNCH UNTIL WE GET SOME DISCUSSION?
Or, wild suggestion, we could let everyone post AT LEAST ONCE before quicklynching.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1245 (isolation #22) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:31 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

So who did npiau hide behind on Night 2? Or should we bother asking?
Kast wrote:Quick note though, I checked with mod overnight whether the quote about 2VT and 2PR for each color faction is guaranteed, and he said that is NOT the case. That seems to have only been part of the original idea for the game.
Also, KK's post on flavor/setup was technically right but actually wrong. There are at least 4 names for each corps listed in wiki, but that doesn't address which chars were present for the Blackest Night series. More specifically, I was mistaken about
Indigo
; there are 3 "names" listed for
Indigo
not 2. There are 2 additional names listed on the wiki, one who is not even part of Blackest Night series (nor even an indigo lantern) and the other is the primary antagonist of the series who the
Indigo
's took with them to watch after he was defeated (they put a ring on him but he isn't one of them). He's flat out wrong about Larfleeze; his entire intro/first story arc is about wanting a
Blue
ring.
First, watch your damn tags. From the first part of the paragraph it looked like the italicized part was you paraphrasing the mod. I almost gave him hell.

Second, as evidenced from Plum & Fate's reveal you're dead wrong about what you think you know about what flavor should and should not be in the game.

danakillsu confirmed that the only two pieces of information we know for sure is the 2 number game specific rules in the opening post. The 4/4/4/4/4/1 setup idea and other outside-the-thread sourced information is suspect and should be ignored.

@KageLord: Post more.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1257 (isolation #23) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:44 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

@Andrius: I believe your towniness. VOTE: nopointinactingup

Is SpyreX honestly arguing that he thinks that Vi self-bussed herself with nopointinactingup?
Toogeloo wrote:
Kublai Khan wrote:So who did npiau hide behind on Night 2? Or should we bother asking?
I don't think it matters who hid behind, because he already stated he can hide behind anyone, including scum. He only dies if the guy he hides behind dies.
But that makes no sense. Vi died the night that nopointinactingup claimed to have hidden behind her.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1273 (isolation #24) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:04 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Sorry, I am slow.

nopointinactingup:
claims hider
Hid behind Vi on Night 1

Problem: Vi died.

SpyreX's theory: Vi bussed herself with Andrius on Night 1, so nopointinactingup (targetting Vi) would have hid behind Andrius and survived. This assumes that bus drivers are able to self-bus and that hide resolves before bus. (Big assumptions in my book).

Also, Andrius claims to have targeted nopointinactingup with something. nopointinactingup denies. This may depend on whether or not Hiders hide from everything or just kills.

have I got everything right now?

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1313 (isolation #25) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:39 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Hey Andrius.. When did SpyreX get confirmed as town?

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1315 (isolation #26) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:10 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

He gave his name as Sister Sercy.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1327 (isolation #27) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:26 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Andrius wrote:Kublai Khan, did you shoot dramonic N1?
Uh.. No.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1337 (isolation #28) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:18 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Andrius wrote:I know, I was just testing a tinfoil.
You didn't happen to shoot either Vi or Reck did you?
/bear with me
No..

I'm not responsible for anyone death's in this game.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1411 (isolation #29) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:19 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

The Stove wrote:I think MoI should be the lynch today to preserve some town safety, reducing yellow to 1 remaining of the originals, recruitment possibilities notwithstanding. However, we have also been tossing about the possibility of NPIAU-OJ with somewhat serious consideration.
I disagree. I think we should red/orange-hunt in order to reduce the number of night-killings. There have not been enough cross-kills in this game and we need to stop the bleeding. If MagnaofIllusion is yellow scum, then let the red Lanterns (if we lynch wrong) or the vig (who I'm assuming is the SensFan killer) dispatch him at night.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1413 (isolation #30) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:25 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

That's what I'm saying though. We have to choose our demons. 2 yellows left, 1 red, 1 SK, and up to 3 cult members. That leaves actual 4 town members left.

If we lynch yellow today, then we'll have another 4 kills. Granted, the chance of successful cross killing grows more likely, but I'd still like to plan for the worst case scenario.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1428 (isolation #31) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:10 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

No counter-claim to tanstalas. But I'm having a hard time believing the green & green thing.

Then again, it's a ridiculous thing to lie about. So nevermind.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1512 (isolation #32) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:35 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

KageLord wrote:So, I have a question for everyone while we wait for the missing posters. Given that dana said that the only things we know for sure about the setup are in the OP so the earlier find of 4-4-4-4-4-1 might not be true, do you still think it was 4-4-4-4-4-1 (without the black shenanigans) and why?
Well, William Hand was listed as Indigo and he would have been the most logical Black Lantern recruiter who could be logically slotted into a townie color, so... The 4/4/4/4/4/1 setup concept is a proven falsehood at this point. I think it might be close to it, but I wouldn't be surprised if one of the fours turns out to be a 3.

I'm down for a mass claim since we can start checked stories and figure who not only who is lying but hopefully figure out a lynch order to win this thing. If there are 4 yellow & 4 red (xvart kinda confirmed this for yellow and 4 kills indicates red is still around), then a yellow-lynch is a bad move today. A Red/Orange/Black (recruiter only) lynch is a much better move.
Dekes wrote:Just earned Black Lantern points as well. What makes you think that the Black Lantern faction can't recruit scum?
Hadn't considered it actually. I thought cults can't recruit scum because it screws over the scum team?
Dekes wrote:I once again need some flavor experts. I know, they probably have a fake claim, but is there a specific person flavor-wise that would indicate the Black Lantern recruiter?
William Hand (who already flipped as Town Indigo), Nekron, Scar (ex-Green)
Dekes wrote:And I'm not sure there are really already three Black Lanterns since only now that a Black Lantern has flipped, dana talked about an altered state of game. May or may not be indicative of when the Black Lanterns joined the game.
Uh, that comment earns you some Black Lantern points yourself.
Andrius wrote:Everyone: SRS BSNS: Massclaim Y/N?
Y

I understand the arguments against. But I think the benefits outweigh the downsides. We need to lynch smartly to win.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1516 (isolation #33) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:48 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

I'm here Andrius. Just was busier on my day off than I anticipated.

@AlmasterGM: massclaiming exposes us to cults more than scum. Massclaiming will hopefully flush out cult recruiter.

Ninja'd.. What Andrius said.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1522 (isolation #34) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:56 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Dekes wrote:
Kublai Khan wrote:Hadn't considered it actually. I thought cults can't recruit scum because it screws over the scum team?
Never played with a cult, so no experience there. What happens usually if a cult recruiter recruits scum?
Or maybe I'm just grasping at straws here because the thought of possibly (if the recruiton really started N1) having only four real townies left is scary.
I think traditionally either the recruit fails or recruiter dies.
Dekes wrote:
Kublai Khan wrote:
Dekes wrote:And I'm not sure there are really already three Black Lanterns since only now that a Black Lantern has flipped, dana talked about an altered state of game. May or may not be indicative of when the Black Lanterns joined the game.
Uh, that comment earns you some Black Lantern points yourself.
Then what do you make of this note by dana:
danakillsu wrote:
Obviously, the game has changed.
Though you have not settled your differences as representatives of different emotions, you realize that there is a threat that might become greater than all of you combined. The Black Lantern Corps, representing death, is able to corrupt the living and the dead to join them in their quest to end all life in the galaxies. Your win conditions have not changed, but rest assured that this
new enemy
will do all it can to keep you from fulfilling them.
Bolded parts: Red herring or vital info?
I'm leaning red herring. I think that it just means that we are now aware of Black Lanterns, not that someone was recruited and killed the same night.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1525 (isolation #35) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:01 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

AlmasterGM wrote:YOU'RE STILL NOT EXPLAINING HOW ANY OF THIS WORKS. YOUR PLAN IS MASSCLAIM --> MAGIC --> CATCH CULT. IT DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT.
With 3 nights past, we can now catch people whose stories don't match. Once we figure out the scum, we can then analyze what flavor of scum and lynch according to what provides the best plan for success. With a potential 3 person cult existing, we need to control how votes should happen from here on out. Votes are more important than Power roles atm.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1528 (isolation #36) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:09 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

@Andrius - Popcorn or is there a specific order you want?

Also, keep in mind that the Blue Lantern alliance thing you keep talking about may be compromised.

@mods: When can we start prodding those who haven't posted?

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1531 (isolation #37) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:16 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

I meant by Black, Andrius.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1583 (isolation #38) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:55 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Andrius wrote:Kast has definitely been a low-key player. Haven't really a definite scum/town read on him tbh.
I'm getting a Black-Recruiter vibe from him, actually.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1622 (isolation #39) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:02 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

I'll speed this along..

I'm Indigo.

Color choices were Orange/Indigo.

I'm happy with Stove claiming next.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1637 (isolation #40) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:40 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

The Stove wrote:Now what.
What color do you think tanstalas will flip?

Also, who do you think is the Black Lantern recruiter and what night were you recruited?

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1643 (isolation #41) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:02 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Vote: Starbuck

This isn't a bastard game though, so there shouldn't be any vote-a-non-player shenanigans.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1721 (isolation #42) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:58 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Good lord I need to catchup.
Andrius wrote:1 Black Recruiter (with one recruit, at most)
I'm assuming 2 recruits. I don't trust Kast and his "William Hand-trigger" theory. Plan for the worst case scenario.

Pretty sure that Kast is Black Lantern recruiter. Plus I'm pretty sure that The Stove has been recruited. Mostly for their resistance to the color claiming and then insistance that the 4/4 setup is bunk. Plus a hydra is a prime cult recruit, the recruiter would get 2 extra co-conspirators for the price of 1. Not sure on who else, possibly KageLord.
Dekes wrote:If it's only the Black cult leader messing up with the 4's, we can still work from that angle.
And I'm talking about the evidence Andy was quite sure to get when I asked him back then if the color claim was really necessary today. Without getting closer to the Black cult leader we could've easily lynched one out of tans or nipau and waited with the color claim until tomorrow.
Yeah, but if we rushed through today then scum's NKs would be largely randomish. I'm predicting that the color claim today will give scum a better chance to cross-kill tonight.They need to handicap their opposition to improve the chance for victory for their faction.

---
Kast wrote:I am a JoAT.
Holy crap that is a ridiculously over-powered fakeclaim. 7 freaking abilities?? Plus the mod is informing you of game changes?
Kast wrote:Assuming Corps size follows flavor (4/1/4/4.5/3.5/3/5):
My character isn't in the Blackest Night series. I've tried to heavily hint/steer you in that direction in my #1245. Stop pushing fake theories.

Kdub's also has a really good point about the uselessness of tracking Xvart on N2. And also your breadcrumb works as a cult recruiter claim. I'd be willing to bet that you're actually Scar.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1725 (isolation #43) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:37 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

VOTE: Kast

This should be the play for today.

1) I don't trust the Yellow/Red/Orange groups to make the kill. I was scum in a double scum-group large game and I remember that at this point in the game there was a lot of second guessing as to the proper night-kill. The most logical target can be left alive because each group suspects the other will complete the kill.

2) Lynching the Cult recruiter today ends the threat of the Black Lanterns growing. This is important because we don't know what will happen to recruits after the Cult Leader dies. They would either turn back into townies (confirmed to each other) or they remain black lanterns (a non-killing anti-town group).

{Note: I'm just noticing that I'm assuming that the Black Lantern group can't kill. Reasonable assumption, but don't regard it as a hard rule if things don't make sense later}

3) Recruitment may resolve before kill. If the recruits remain black lanterns then this is bad.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1734 (isolation #44) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:59 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Kast wrote:
KK wrote:My character isn't in the Blackest Night series.
Don't buy this at all. That's like claiming you're Yoshi or something in a Super Mario Bros 3 Theme Game.
No, stupid. You already made reference to my character being listed on the Indigo Lantern wikipedia page despite the fact that the character wasn't in the series.
Andrius wrote:I'd like people to weigh in on the following:
If we want to go for the Black today, I'll need the following people claim: Dekes, KK, KageLord. Y/N
Sorry, missed this on the first read-through. I'm Shane Thompson, Indigo Operative.

Strangely enough, I think I might be able to confirm tanstalas as town. Is there anyone in the Blue Lanterns that isn't in the Blackest Night series?
Kast wrote:KK's gotta be either the last Red or,
if there is a Black cult recruiter,
then the Black Recruiter. If the latter, it's understandable that he's unhappy with a role specifically intended to oppose him. Scar speculation may be projection.
Neat. Kast is now claiming that the Black Lantern cult is a figment of our imagination, despite the fact that his "role" specifically lists an immunity to their recruitment.
Kast wrote:After turning into a Green Lantern, I now have 3 different abilities (I lose the previous abilities regardless of whether I used them). I did not know what abilities I was going to get until after changing:
-Redirect
-Black/non-Black Cop
-
Protect against Black Recruitment
(permanently)
Also, your "new" abilities make no sense. There already was a green lantern bus driver (Vi). What mod in their right mind puts 2 bus driver abilities in the same game? And even if there were two, why would they both be Green?

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1735 (isolation #45) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:08 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Kublai Khan wrote:Strangely enough, I think I might be able to confirm tanstalas as town. Is there anyone in the Blue Lanterns that isn't in the Blackest Night series?
Specifically I'm looking for Nicole Morrison. If her character is in the game, then tanstalas is town.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1736 (isolation #46) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:48 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Kublai Khan wrote:
Kublai Khan wrote:Strangely enough, I think I might be able to confirm tanstalas as town. Is there anyone in the Blue Lanterns that isn't in the Blackest Night series?
Specifically I'm looking for Nicole Morrison. If her character is in the game, then tanstalas is town.
Actually nevermind. My theory doesn't work.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1767 (isolation #47) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:37 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Kast wrote:
KK wrote:Neat. Kast is now claiming that the Black Lantern cult is a figment of our imagination, despite the fact that his "role" specifically lists an immunity to their recruitment.
This is just playing stupid. There may be a Black Recruiter, or it may be a mechanic controlled by Plum, or some non-player controlled mechanic.
Except that we can't vote for Plum and this isn't a bastard mod game. And I don't want to hear your arguments about how you consider any cult mechanic to be a bastard mod thing. Look around, you are the only person arguing in favor of your crazy conspiracy theories involving dead purple fruit.
Kast wrote:Dana has come out and publicly admitted Tomar Re was a mistake.
Can you show me where this happened? I can't find it.
Dekes wrote:Does your flavor indicate in any way why you're part of the Blackest Night here?
Nope. Blackest Night is only mentioned in the title of the PM and even then only as an abbreviation for the mafia game. My paragraph is just a generic origin story for the character (trapped under an ambulance, blah blah blah), I have no abilities, and I have an Indigo ring for an item. Along with the cavaet that if I lose my ring, then I lose my powers.

Which I find funny because my bio states that Proselyte inhabits my body and as such I don't need a ring.

My character picture isn't even from the Blacknest Night series.
Kast wrote:@MoI-
1. A mod directed mechanic that ostensibly penalizes the Town
(by segregating the Town into two faction which cannot win together) but does not affect Scum and that
neither Town
nor Scum has any significant way to deal with.
Bold is common to both possibilities. Italicized is not true. Town has a PR who can prevent townies from being recruited.
What if you had been killed on N1? Town would lose it's only way to stop a non-player mechanic. Can you seriously not see how incredibly badly balanced your theoretical setup is? I honestly never want to join a game that you have a hand in setting up.
Kast wrote:@KK fake claiming-
(c) I'm guessing he got a Green fake-claim (potentially Violet or Blue, but I'm doubting Indigo). Since he claimed late/last (Kdub had essentially claimed Blue), Indigo was the only group with less than 4 members.
When you're bored. Go back and look at my first post. When I answered AlmasterGM's questions, I was the only one to let the second person get the majority of the cash. Awfully
COMPASSIONATE
of me, huh?

@Andrius: You're the de facto town leader. You've got a majority willing to lynch either Kast (Black) or nopointinactingup (Orange). Either of these would be a good play for today. Where are you in your decision process?

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1793 (isolation #48) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:32 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

The Stove wrote:Also - we feel best course of action is lynching among the yellow candidates and letting "fireworks take care of our other problems tonight." We've explained the theory before.
Yeah, that theory is the major reason why I think you're recruited. Eliminating 1 of the yellows and crossing your fingers and hoping for a mass bloodbath cross-kills event is the absolute worst strategy for town at this point in the game. We have to take the reins and eliminate one of our fractured enemies. Especially an enemy that can't grow.

Your attitude of "Let's ignore that ever-growing cult problem and hope it just takes care of itself and goes away" isn't a good one. At all. The killing scum groups are going to WIFOM mind-fuck their way into not killing who we want them to kill. The town needs to eliminate the worst problem first with our ability to lynch, then pick out the worst problem out of what's left alive tomorrow.

P-Edit: Yeah, this game is stagnating. Let's lynch Kast.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1796 (isolation #49) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:09 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

KageLord wrote:
Kublai Khan wrote:We have to take the reins and eliminate one of our fractured enemies. Especially an enemy that can't grow.
What? Shouldn't we, if at all possible, eliminate our enemy that
can
grow (i.e. black)? Of course, eliminating orange or red wouldn't be bad either, but the best scenario for us today is lynching black.
Er, yeah.. That's exactly what I meant. We should aim to eliminate Black.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1813 (isolation #50) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:36 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Kast wrote:@Stove/MoI-
-The point on flavor is that the mods intended to have characters in this game come from the source (Blackest Night comics) and is a direct response to KK's objection that Tomar Re being alive in this game is "proof" that flavor doesn't matter so it's reasonable to expect characters who have NO TIES AT ALL with the Blackest Night Story.
Uh.. what? I never stated that Tomar Re being in this game is "proof" that flavor doesn't matter. I pointed to stuff like William Hand being a pro-town Indigo flavor character is an indication that your assumptions about how flavor should influence game mechanics is completely moonbeams.

You've been doing two things all of today: downplaying the potential strength of the Black Lanterns and out-guessing the mod.
Kast wrote:KK has claimed a brand new character who appeared in the comics (and subsequently in wikis) AFTER mod announced the game AND a couple weeks before the game design was finished. Shane Thompson is not part of the Blackest Night series at all and, despite KK's claim, has NO RING and is NOT an Indigo Lantern.
I've never denied any of that. In fact, I stated all that before you even strongly objected to my claim (even the no ring thing). You are going to be pissed at the mods after the game is over.
Kast wrote:Aside from that KK was generating scum reads early game for several players, but he got a free pass because people read Fate out of context and jumped to the false conclusion that he was investigation cleared town. Also note, KK has abandoned his previous desire to reduce the number of NKs and instead is pushing the claimed-PR who almost exclusively opposes Black Recruitment. If people really want to kill Black, KK's the most likely candidate for Black Recruiter.
Yes, obviously anyone who has generated scum reads at any point in the game must be scum. Which means that Andrius is the only actual pro-town character.

Fate called me town for his gambit because he obviously had a town-read on me. If you disagree with that assessment then that's fine, but I've bemusedly watched you rank me from not-cleared to prob scum to scum to red (and now to black now that it's en vogue to black-hunt). You've got a nasty case of confirmation bias and you a struggling to make facts fit your warped reality. You are so scum it hurts to read.
Kast wrote:Working on a numbers post that'll be up tonight; however, if you assume Toog was recruited on N0, then obviously it wasn't me as I wasn't anywhere on the site until Jan 10th (this was posted in the sign up threads and I only agreed to join this game on condition that it wouldn't be a problem). Mod can confirm that his initial statement about everyone picking up their PMs was not true for everyone (if he wants to avoid directly confirming me, he can at least admit that the statement was false so it doesn't falsely confirm me as a liar)
Nice. absolutely nobody was assuming that Toogaloo was recruited Night 0. Good job clearing yourself against stuff that didn't/couldn't have happened.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1865 (isolation #51) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:55 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

@Andrius
Kublai Khan wrote:VOTE: Kast

This should be the play for today.

1) I don't trust the Yellow/Red/Orange groups to make the kill. I was scum in a double scum-group large game and I remember that at this point in the game there was a lot of second guessing as to the proper night-kill. The most logical target can be left alive because each group suspects the other will complete the kill.

2) Lynching the Cult recruiter today ends the threat of the Black Lanterns growing. This is important because we don't know what will happen to recruits after the Cult Leader dies. They would either turn back into townies (confirmed to each other) or they remain black lanterns (a non-killing anti-town group).

{Note: I'm just noticing that I'm assuming that the Black Lantern group can't kill. Reasonable assumption, but don't regard it as a hard rule if things don't make sense later}

3)
Recruitment may resolve before kill. If the recruits remain black lanterns then this is bad.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1894 (isolation #52) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:10 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

unvote

vote: nopointinactingup

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1895 (isolation #53) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:10 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Yellow -> Kill Kast.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1898 (isolation #54) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:17 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Andrius wrote:KK, you just gave me the heebie-geebies with that last post.
The "I'm a Black Lantern attempting to talk to the Yellows" heebie-geebies.
What?
Kast is radiation so much black energy that I can't really read anything else. The timing of his "anti-black power" claim is total dead giveaway.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1900 (isolation #55) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:23 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

It's not like I could direct Black to kill Kast, right?

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1906 (isolation #56) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:57 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

tanstalas wrote:@KK you could direct the NK coming my way tonight to Kast... just sayin'
I think I already did, my tangerine friend.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #2249 (isolation #57) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:23 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Woo! (cult-recruited) Victory!

@the mods: I think the game was balanced for everyone except the cult which was a little too powerful. I know I'm just re-hashing arguments, but I figure that constructive criticism is always helpful. Reducing or eliminating the BP-ness and increasing the # of unrecruitables would have helped. Additionally you could have given some townies some hints as to it's existence (beyond, of course, the entire theme).

That said.. While it was balanced, it was super swingy. Still, got an exciting endgame so it's all good. And big thanks to both of you for modding and putting up with our constant requests and nags to update the OP.
ReaperCharlie wrote:Fate <gunsmith checks> Kublai Khan - FINDS NO GUNZ ON KUBLAI KHAN. JUST A SWORD.
Sword?

And.. Arrgh.. Fate did clear me!? Why;d he take it back?

@everyone else: I had a blast playing with everyone here! Great group of players and I appreciate (almost) nobody replacing out. Big MVP props to Magna, to Andrius, & to Kast who had some shit luck but played really well.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #2272 (isolation #58) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:23 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Oops. Forgot Stephoscope..