Open 326: Pick Your Poison (Ende des Speils!)

thunderwielder
thunderwielder
Goon
thunderwielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:30 pm

Post by thunderwielder »

In post 1172, Tragedy wrote:Everyone seems so opportunistic on lynching MrTrow and/or I, amazing, no?

How is this opportunistic? Trow was roleblocked night one, and you've been scummy since you replaced in.
I don't think anyone's jumped on you for incorrect reasons, certainly.
If they have, point them out. State more cases.
I do agree that the Mist point is very weak, though. Hoppster not really doing any scum hunting besides protecting Mr. Trow. The slip point is over and done with, it's time to move on and not harp on things that aren't really the issue.

@Trow
In post 1174, Amrun wrote:You've been playing reactively. Nothing in your iso makes me think you are town.

This pretty much sums it up.

You don't offer your opinions unless pressured, and when you did offer your opinions, they were very singular and on larger suspects.
Also, the wording used with "how do you know I'm not the roleblocker." Are off to me, and seem scummy--yes that started my investigation on you, but not only into the slip.
You also have focused primarily on the "slip", and used that as a case for me to be scum--which is just transparent OMGUS. We've already established that creating a case against someone does not make them scummy--or Hoppster would be scummy for his Mothrax tunnelling. You haven't responded in it in a way that's - hey, you're actually mistaken, but that's come out as "hey, you shouldn't be making this case, it's stupid, you must be scum!" Which are hardly the same thing.
All these, plus our Night One, leads me to believe that you are scum, and makes me certain that you're our lynch for today.
Show
W:
L:
Town (2:1)
Mafia (1:0)
Oh, would that this hoodie were a time hoodie!

---Scammers on craigslist don't realize I play Mafia... What scum...
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:11 pm

Post by Amrun »

vote: mrtrow

I'm bored.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
thunderwielder
thunderwielder
Goon
thunderwielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:01 pm

Post by thunderwielder »

yeah, there's no way I'm going to change my mind by Friday. There's just too much evidence not to vote.

VOTE: Mr.Trow

Your two partners can go ahead and bus you now.
I'm getting bored with this game too.
Show
W:
L:

MrTrow
MrTrow
Goon
MrTrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:34 pm

Post by MrTrow »

AMRUN IF YOU SEE THIS AND ARE TOWN: UNVOTE and read

putting your vote back up if you don`t like is fine.(well sort of but you get the point)

guess here comes another addition to the 'reactive' argument against me:

In post 1175, thunderwielder wrote:You also have focused primarily on the "slip", and used that as a case for me to be scum--which is just transparent OMGUS. We've already established that creating a case against someone does not make them scummy--or Hoppster would be scummy for his Mothrax tunnelling. You haven't responded in it in a way that's - hey, you're actually mistaken, but that's come out as "hey, you shouldn't be making this case, it's stupid, you must be scum!" Which are hardly the same thing.

- Did hoppster come with arguments, he didn`t believe in? (i don`t think so)
Yes my argument was 'OMGUS':
I believed you didn`t buy your own case. Pushing a case YOU don`t even believe is scummy.
The best part of this: You flat out admitted this.
In post 1027, thunderwielder wrote:Mr. Trow, since he isn't the roleblocker, could have made a slip yesterday. That, combined with Quilford's slot finding him suspicious enough to roleblock him twice, and with the other reads I have on everyone, makes me think he's one of the three. PLUS, we DID have a no Kill night one.

In post 1165, MrTrow wrote:1: The counterclaim call was never really serious except for that 1 time you took my problems with yout 1027 attempt as 'not reading at all'.

There wasn`t really anything else in there that could be addressed.
But if some shots on those are required (yes reactive i know)
A lot of emphasis on well...... the very reason doc+rb is the popular choice (i wasn`t actively around D1 + it`s some lack of suspicion that is required to be the rb-target here)

Also
In post 1177, thunderwielder wrote:I'm getting bored with this game too.

In post 1160, thunderwielder wrote:Cool cool cool. I'm happy for conversation. I'm happy that you're not just tunnelling, but you're listening. That's nice for a change (not with you, but with the general population of the town--those that have been lynched, anyway)

bored of the game within 30 hours of a good conversation for a change, yeah right

Now for the mainly defensive ones:

In post 843, thunderwielder wrote:@Trow, looking forward to your Maruchan read, and maybe some views of your own, rather making up ones that don't seem to make sense and jumping on my vote (I'm really sick of people sheeping me without good reason). You said you'll meta him. Is your whole case based upon meta? How much is? Percentage will do again.

Me sheeping you?

Wasn`t my vote on maru for most of day 2?
wasn`t your 'day 2 maru case' mainly present in mine (true the 'lurk to reaction-test' was brought up before)

thunderwielder wrote:
In post 1172, Tragedy wrote:You don't offer your opinions unless pressured, and when you did offer your opinions, they were very singular and on larger suspects.

True maru was a main target (the biggest wagon) when i finished my reread, but no new stuff and ONLY on larger suspects?

Who pointed out maru was willing to hammer the one who according to his own logic could be the doc?
Who pointed out that robocopter became active TWICE when this was required to save mothrax?

B.T.W thunder: how are you so sure both my partners still have to bus me?
By the way, your mum says hello.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:35 pm

Post by Quilford »

This game can go to hell.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:44 pm

Post by Amrun »

Okay, I don't understand what was so important about that wall.

It didn't actually say anything at all except "don't lynch me bro."

It didn't even say who should be lynched instead.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
thunderwielder
thunderwielder
Goon
thunderwielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:15 pm

Post by thunderwielder »

Because Amrun's town.

Me sheeping you?

Yup, because I voted, and then you jumped on it. Ta da.
Before that, your entire "contribution" to a Maruchan case was for quite weak, if not already stated, reasons. Only after the quote you quoted did you start to actually try and provide something. So, yeah, you were sheeping me.

True maru was a main target (the biggest wagon) when i finished my reread, but no new stuff and ONLY on larger suspects?

Two out of your first three posts jumped on to bandwagons. Nuff said.

bored of the game within 30 hours of a good conversation for a change, yeah right

Yeah, right. I think we've hashed out everything we can, and I have all the information I need to be comfortable enough with a vote, so we don't have to hash everything over again. You're scum.

Even this

Is not town motivated. It's meant to discredit me in some shape or form. And it's also meant to sow dissent in the ranks when you're gone--so people say "Oh, he said THIS, MAYBE that means Amrun is scum! He probably slipped up!" and then your scum buddies convince someone to vote Amrun, and then they quicklynch to victory.
This is just a scum tactic of someone who's going down and is trying to keep shaking things up so their partners can possibly win. A good strategy, but not one for town.
Show
W:
L:

thunderwielder
thunderwielder
Goon
thunderwielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:17 pm

Post by thunderwielder »

In post 1179, Quilford wrote:This game can go to hell.

What are you leaning towards, Quilford? Can you hypo vote for us, if you don't want to lay down an actual vote?
Show
W:
L:

MrTrow
MrTrow
Goon
MrTrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:09 pm

Post by MrTrow »

In post 1181, thunderwielder wrote:
Me sheeping you?

Yup, because I voted, and then you jumped on it. Ta da.
Before that, your entire "contribution" to a Maruchan case was for quite weak, if not already stated, reasons. Only after the quote you quoted did you start to actually try and provide something. So, yeah, you were sheeping me.

Spoiler: Your near end of D2 maru-case:
In post 768, thunderwielder wrote:
- RQS stuff – holds no water.
- Same with the repeating of Glowball’s phrasing
- The caring vs no-caring debate also has no impact on his alignment (I’m addressing these things, because I think they were used as scum points against Maruchan, and if someone can explain to me WHY, I would appreciate it, because I can’t see anything from them)

as stated empty points

- Post 63 – Takes credit for the discussion that’s happening. Also says the word “town” A LOT in that post. Although, I suppose this could just be a playstyle post, but it does seem a little off.
- I buy his reaction to the two votes on him. I don’t think that’s a scum reaction. It was early in the game, and nobody needed to worry. However, I always want to take the time to quell people’s fears rather than just accept them, because then they’re not wasting their time on me, but can devote it to finding the scum, so I don’t know how I feel about that point either. It DOES seem a little cavalier.
- Now up to post 212… I can’t find too much content in the posts that are happening thus far.
- Oh Maruchan replies to Glowball’s case here. I still don’t see her case. The only point that I feel holds any water could be her last one. Not about not answering questions, but about Maruchan defending more than he is scum hunting.
- I guess it could be understandable that he was defending more than scumhunting, because he was the lead wagon, but I would have liked to see more reaching out, rather than just “back off” behaviour.

as stated, prob playstyle-stuff

- big point (I’m bolding because this list is getting long, and I think this is the most relevant information thus far. Post 329. The “Good you caught me subverting the game=town points for you” thing. I don’t know if I buy it. Especially because that’s when the heat was slowly falling away from him. It’s convenient that he only decided to do this “gambit” when there was distraction leading away from his leading wagon. I don’t quite buy it. This is probably my biggest piece of evidence for Maruchan.

Ok i`ll give you this one

- Nothing to note until post 526. This is an odd post. Maruchan, what did you mean by this post? It has the same feeling as Lane’s PR comment. So that kind of weirds me out.

In post 707, MrTrow wrote:
"if i was a doc "
(i would be doing exactly what this player just did):
trying to be the next 'clumsy town'?
(you even quoted a clumsy-town rather than scum for this)

In post 669, MrTrow wrote:- few weak 'trying to look town' points (#101 calling thunder town based on the weakest part of his #89,
hey i`m also a clumsy-town @#526
)

- But 527 is a good post against Mothrax.

- And actually, reviewing, his jump to Glowball was something he had already stated the day (real time) before.

pro-maru arguments

- I haven’t even touched his wall of case on Trow. Well, okay, I’ve looked at it, but there’s too much anger in it for me to digest. Actually, okay, no. I agree with Mr. Trow’s fourth point in his list in the first quote under Maruchan’s spoiler. (wow, that’s confusing). And the fifth point, I’m not sure I’m satisfied with Maruchan’s response.

can`t exactly (or even remotely) follow this sentence(as in i can`t track down the locations) but i see you agreeing to my point in a maru case and concluding something from maru`s response to my case

I see exactly 1 argument against maru that didn`t come from me (or at least was noted before) .
So i`m sheeping you, just because you happened to show up before i did the next day? (and still stuck to my read?)
By the way, your mum says hello.
thunderwielder
thunderwielder
Goon
thunderwielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:10 am

Post by thunderwielder »

Phone posting. So this is short. ( Just got a new phone, so this is even shorter)
But yes,if I said it then, then I probably meant it. Will post more maybe tonight. Going home for thanksgiving.
Show
W:
L:

thunderwielder
thunderwielder
Goon
thunderwielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:29 am

Post by thunderwielder »

Actually, okay here you go This one and [/url]this point[/url] already address why I felt you were sheeping me. You're just trying to re-hash points that I've already brought up, and say I haven't said anything against them. When you quote things of mine, I'm always thinking "wow, that's a whole lot of stuff I wrote that I can't remember writing" and now I realize that's a whole lot of stuff I wrote that's being taken out of context and only filtered subjectively through the eyes of scum in a last ditch effort to save himself. I'm glad how my quotes don't have post numbers or links but yours do. That's a nice touch.
Show
W:
L:

thunderwielder
thunderwielder
Goon
thunderwielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:30 am

Post by thunderwielder »

Show
W:
L:

Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:08 am

Post by Xalxe »

Votecount 4.3: The "My Votecounts Have Purpose Again!" Votecount

MrTrow (2): Amrun, thunderwielder

Not Voting (5): MrTrow, Cephrir, Hoppster, Quilford, Tragedy

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline:
October 14, 4:54am ((expired on 2011-10-14 04:54:00))

Nobody needs to be prodded.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
thunderwielder
thunderwielder
Goon
thunderwielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:12 am

Post by thunderwielder »

In post 1185, thunderwielder wrote:
I'm glad how my quotes don't have post numbers or links but yours do. That's a nice touch.

I take it back, didn't realize it was from the same place, because when search through my posts I couldn't find it through CtrlF, because they were hidden in spoilers.
Doesn't negate the fact that I already stated your opinions as weak and how I didn't agree with them and that you were sheeping me at the time, but NOW they suddenly carry weight. Interesting how perspectives change when a head's on the chopping block.
Show
W:
L:

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:03 am

Post by Cephrir »

So, basically, either MrTrow is scum or Amrun and thunderwielder both are? Gee, let me think about this one.

Vote: MrTrow

Good riddance.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:13 am

Post by Hoppster »

VOTE: MrTrow

:(
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:39 am

Post by Xalxe »

Previously, on “Clusterf**k of a Germany Trip…”

Xalxe’s iPhone 4 rang.

Present day…time…whatever.

Xalxe
answered his phone. “Hello? Who is this? I don’t even have international calling, so how—“

“Silence, fool” a deep voice commanded. “Your words are futile.”

“What—wha—who are you?!?” Xalxe spluttered. Spluttered, lol, that’s such a funny word. Right, on topic.

The voice on the other end of the line chuckled. “My name matters not. In fact, I have none. I am but an agent of the true power.”

“Wait a second,” said Xalxe. A thought had dawned on him. “Is this just a setup for a running theme throughout all the Mafia games I modera—“

“SILENCE FOOL!” the voice bellowed. Xalxe winced and turned the volume down. “My agent has already entered the room where you confined your murderous charges. Perhaps you’d like to take a look outside your window?”

Slowly Xalxe stood up from the bed and walked to the window. He apprehensively drew back the curtains and recoiled in horror.

MrTrow
was dangling outside his window, hanged by the neck.

“How could you do this?” Xalxe asked the phone. Actually, he asked the man on the other end of the phone. ACTUALLY actually, he started to ask this question but stopped as three more bodies were slowly lowered to dangle outside his window like limp ragdolls. Or corpses hanged by the neck until dead. Because that’s what they were, after all.

Where the hell was I going with this again? Oh, right, that.

Xalxe’s face grew hard as he stared into the eyes of
Amrun, Quilford
and
Tragedy
. “You monster,” he rasped. “You’ll pay for this.”

“No, I don’t think I will,” the man chuckled. “Don’t worry, you won’t have to live with the guilt much longer. Goodbye.”

Xalxe was left standing in front of the window, alone but for the four dead corpses (I hate that prase; no such thing as a live corpse after all!). He heard the keycard being swiped in his door. Slowly, he turned around to face them.

One by one they filed in. His nightmares.
Cephrir
Hoppster
thunderwielder
. They were all here. Behind them stepped a man clad in a khaki trenchcoat and smartly matching fedora.

Xalxe couldn’t see the man’s face, but he was certain the man was smirking as he stepped into the room. He was certain he chuckled softly as he pulled the knife from his belt.

He couldn’t be certain, but he was almost positive the man in the trenchcoat grinned as he slipped the knife between his ribs.

MrTrow,
Vanilla Townie
, Lynched Day 4.
Amrun,
Vanilla Townie
, Hanged by the Man in Trenchcoat Day 4.
Tragedy,
Vanilla Townie
Quilford,
Town Roleblocker

Xalxe,
Neutral Moderator
, Stabbed by the Man in Trenchcoat Day 4.

Cephrir,
Mafia Goon
, Escaped Germany Night 4
Hoppster,
Mafia Goon
thunderwielder,
Mafia Goon

Mafia Win!
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:40 am

Post by Xalxe »

Night Actions

Night 0:
Mafia give Doctor and Roleblocker to Town

Night 1:
Roleblocker blocks MrTrow
Doctor protects Supreme Overlord
Mafia chooses not to kill

Night 2:
Roleblocker blocks MrTrow
Doctor protects Mist7676
Mafia kill saulres

Night 3:
Roleblocker blocks RoboThor
Mafia kill RoboThor

Night 4:
Mafia escape Germany with Man in Trenchcoat

Moderator Notes

Scum had this very, very well. If they post their scum QT, you’ll see they were very organized and willing to take risks. Only thing that I have to criticize is that Day 4 you guys started to bus each other when you didn’t really need to yet. I was almost expecting you to manage to turn the lynch on one of your own by accident when you had the game in your hands.

I hated the number of replacements I had to find for this; it seemed excessive (to me) for an open. Some in particular just made me sad (looking at you kondi & Mist). Saulres kept sending me his thoughts throughout, which made me lol sometimes.

I would ask that you guys take this survey that I made. It’ll anonymously let me know how I did.

One other thing: there are these things called Scummies, which are awards for great play. If you think anyone in this game deserves one, head over to the thread that I’ve linked and nominate someone (preferable with explaination of why; it makes the judges happy)
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:44 am

Post by Quilford »

Knew it was Cephrir.

Knew it was thunderwielder, to a certain extent; I actually broke the ongoing games rule by asking Xalxe if he were scum way back in Day 1 -- I never got a response, though, so don't worry :P

Had a solid townread on Hoppster though. Boo.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:46 am

Post by Xalxe »

In post 1193, Quilford wrote:I actually broke the ongoing games rule by asking Xalxe if he were scum way back in Day 1

When? Where? I don't remember this...
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:06 am

Post by Hoppster »

Scum QT

I'm sure there'll be no objections. We weren't slagging off anybody (to my recollection) or anything like that, so it'll probably be fine.

In post 1193, Quilford wrote:Had a solid townread on Hoppster though. Boo.

I was trying to come off as lazy-town, and I did suspect that might appeal to your own tendency to be really lazy-town at times. :P

In post 1192, Xalxe wrote:
Night Actions

Night 4:
Mafia escape Germany with Man in Trenchcoat

A+++

In post 1192, Xalxe wrote:
Moderator Notes

Scum had this very, very well. If they post their scum QT, you’ll see they were very organized and willing to take risks. Only thing that I have to criticize is that Day 4 you guys started to bus each other when you didn’t really need to yet. I was almost expecting you to manage to turn the lynch on one of your own by accident when you had the game in your hands.

Yeah, I agree with the Day 4 assessment. Probably my fault partially as I did have no clue how to basically go from tunnelling NS/mothrax/DeltaWave to somebody else without seeming horrifically opportunistic so the other two had to put some kind of distance I suppose (although I do think they overdid it slightly).

What would everybody have done with a No Kill Night 3 and then Quilford claiming RoboThor RB Day 4? In the scum QT, you'll see I wanted to do a No Kill to push a RB-target-lynch in mylo and I'm curious as to whether it would have worked or not.

Loved the death pictures Xalxe, and your VCs always looked awesome and really tidy. I know that's a weird thing to comment on, but they did.
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
Tragedy
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:08 am

Post by Tragedy »

Meh.
I blame you for this.
For I have been awaiting for another heart pounding segment of
Dokidoki Precure!

[10/15/2013 - 00:13] -
Tragedy
~
I wish for Kami-nii-sama to have better naming skills.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Hoppster »

In post 1196, Tragedy wrote:Meh.

No congratulatory hugz?
Tragedy
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:12 am

Post by Tragedy »

In post 1197, Hoppster wrote:
In post 1196, Tragedy wrote:Meh.

No congratulatory hugz?

<3
Not right now. You get a hug AFTER that game finishes. :P
I blame you for this.
For I have been awaiting for another heart pounding segment of
Dokidoki Precure!

[10/15/2013 - 00:13] -
Tragedy
~
I wish for Kami-nii-sama to have better naming skills.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:17 am

Post by Hoppster »

CAN'T WAIT!

<3

Return to “Completed Open Games”