Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Cultafia: Game over

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:16 pm

Post by Norinel »

Bavaria
wishes
it had an organized crime problem. It's got its share of random solo murderers, of course, but so does everyone. Their threat to small-town security consists of a set of insidious secret societies that forcibly brainwash the weak of mind (Which, unfortunately, happens to be nearly everyone) that the unknowing simply refer to as "cults". The smaller municipalities quickly adopted Italy's system of daily democratic lynchings, which seemed to keep things under control for a little while. But then the cults somehow gained access to the orbital weapons platforms we'd like to pretend don't exist, and things just went downhill from there...

Game status:
The game is over; this is as of the final day.

Alive (3/16):

mnowax (Replacing jack_dillon)
stark (Replacing SlySly (Replacing Quinton. (Replacing stark)))
Yosarian2

Dead (12/16):

DrippingGoofball (Townie) - shot Night 1
springlullaby (Townie) - lynched Day 1
Blazerunner (Roleblocker) - shot Night 2
vikingfan (Alarmist) - shot Night 2
curiouskarmadog (Mason) - lynched Day 2
springlullaby II (Replacing Hjallti (Replacing mypenguinkat)) (Steadfast Mason) - shot Night 3
aioqwe (Replacing malthusis) (Fuschia Cultist, previously Townie) - lynched Day 3

vollkan (Replacing Ration) (Cerulean Cultist, previously Vigilante) - shot Night 4

NabakovNabakov (Replacing ZaneWasHere) (Townie) - blown to bits Night 4
armlx (Cerulean Cult Leader) - lynched Day 4

the silent speaker (Fuschia Cult Leader) - lynched Day 5

Beep! Beep! (Replacing Occult) (Alarmist) - shot Night 6
Skruffs (Replacing Greggo) (Serial Killer) - lynched Day 6
Last edited by Norinel on Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:47 am, edited 27 times in total.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:24 pm

Post by Norinel »

The Setup:

This is a semi-open game; what follow are all the possible role PMs, but I won't tell you which ones are actually in the game, or how many. You may as well read this thread, where I posted an earlier version of the setup for comments.

Some miscellaneous setup-specific rules:
•The cult win condition is "You win when your cult cannot be eradicated, or such a situation is inevitable." Even if the leader dies so the cult can't wipe everyone else out, the cult can still wins if they can no longer be eliminated. In practice, this probably means that they both have at least 50% of the town and there are no other killing roles alive. (If two non-killing cults are both half of the town, they tie.)
•If multiple Cults recruit the same player at the same time, it acts as a nightkill attempt on that player.
•If an unprotected player is culted and nightkilled at the same time, the recruitment fails.
•A recruited player loses any powers he previously had
except
that ex-Masons can communicate with their fellow masons. (After all, the true power of the Mason role is trust, and that's kind of out the window...)
•The only thing that grants protection from nightkills is being an SK or Cult Leader, or if the killer is blocked.
•Vigs and SKs kill with guns, and their victims are listed as "shot". Cults kill with orbital lasers, and their victims are listed as "burnt to a crisp". If someone's killed multiple times simultaneously, they're all listed, like "shot twice and burnt to a crisp".

Cult Leader
You are the [cultname] Cult Leader. Every night, you may attempt to recruit one player into your cult or kill one player. Once you have fellow cultists, you may discuss with them at night, but the ultimate decision and responsibility to PM is yours. If you die, the cult may neither kill nor recruit; however, you are immune to the first attempt to kill you at night.

You win when your cult cannot be eradicated, or such a situation is inevitable.

(In my games, I prefer to be kept in the loop on Night discussion; if you get the chance to communicate, please keep me in touch somehow: give me a link to a forum, or CC me on PMs, or whatever)
Cult Recruit
You have been recruited by the [cultname] Cult, led by [name] and also composed of [names]. You may communicate with the rest of the cult at night. You lose all other abilities you previously had, except that if you were a Mason, you can still talk to your fellow Masons at night.

You win when your cult cannot be eradicated, or such a situation is inevitable.

(In my games, I prefer to be kept in the loop on Night discussion; if you get the chance to communicate, please keep me in touch somehow: give me a link to a forum, or CC me on PMs, or whatever)
Clarifications: Cult recruits are immune to cult recruitment. Cult recruits are revealed as [cultname] Cultist, previously [oldrole].

Serial Killer
You are a Serial Killer. Each night, you may kill someone. You are completely immune to investigations and cult recruitment, and the first attempt to kill you at night will fail.

You win when you are the last person standing.
Steadfast Mason
You are a Steadfast Mason; the rest of your group is
  • . You know that everyone in your group is pro-town... for now. You may communicate with any living members at night.

You are immune to cult recruitment; however, this does not necessarily apply to everyone in your group.

You win when any threats to the town are eliminated.

Mason
You are a Mason; the rest of your group is
  • . You know that everyone in your group is pro-town... for now. You may communicate with any living members at night.

Some members of your group may be immune to cult recruitment. However, you are not one of them.

You win when any threats to the town are eliminated, or if you join a cult before its takeover is inevitable.

Clarifications: If a Mason is recruited, the masonry is not notified and they can still communicate with fellow members.

Inquisitor (Cop)
You are an Inquisitor. Each night, you may investigate one other player and determine their cult status as of the end of the night. You are sane.

You win when any threats to the town are eliminated, or if you join a cult before its takeover is inevitable.
Clarifications: Gets "cult" or "not cult". Cult leaders, as well as someone being successfully recruited that night, investigate as guilty, but if someone's investigated, recruited, and nightkilled in the same night, they investigate as innocent. (As above, I don't switch players' alignments when they die)

Alarmist (Doc)
You are an Alarmist. Each night, you may protect one other player from any cult or cults that may attempt to recruit them.

Clarifications: Nobody is notified of a successful protection (The cult is told that the recruitment failed, but not why). If multiple cults target a person who an Alarmist is protecting, they're still protected. An Alarmist may not self-protect, and is not immune to culting unless protected by another.

Vigilante
You are a Vigilante. You may attempt to kill one other player at night, but you may not attempt to kill two nights consecutively.

Roleblocker
You are a Roleblocker. Each night, you may block one other player; this prevents any night action they attempt to perform that night.

Tracker
You are a Tracker. Each night, you may track one other player; I will inform you of who, if anyone, they targeted with any night actions.

Watcher
You are a Watcher. Each night, you may watch one other player; I will inform you of who, if anyone, targets them with any night actions.

Clarification: "Your investigation failed" (When blocked) and "Nobody targeted X" (And conversely, "X targeted nobody") are distinct results. Roleblocked actions still show up for trackers & watchers. Cult actions always "originate" with the cult leader, so blocking them blocks the recruit or kill, and so on.

Steadfast Townie
You are a Steadfast Townie. You are immune to recruitment, but have no other abilities.

You win when any threats to the town are eliminated.
Townie
You are a Townie. You have no special abilities.

General Mafia rules:
(In addition to the site-wide rules)

1. Notify me (Don't just post in the vacation thread, post here or pm me) if you're going to be unavailable for more than 48 hours. Four days without a post (If you don't let me know there's something up, of course) or general request will get you prodded, no response for 48 hours will get you replaced.

2. I'll only count bolded votes; while I much prefer and recommend the format
unvote: A, vote: B
when changing your vote, I'll count any vote that's bolded and unambiguous.

3. As soon as one person reaches a majority of the votes, (Or we hit the deadline) their lynch is inevitable. Before I actually post their death scene, it is considered twilight. Mods differ on how they treat it- my rule is that nobody should post significant game-related information, but I'll forgive an honest mistake.

4. If you communicate in Night as a part of any group, I'd prefer if you send me an extra copy (Use partnername;Norinel in the PM, or just send me a link to the Quicktopic or something) of anything you send. It makes things more interesting for me and easier for you if someone in your group gets replaced down the line.

Some other notes:

1. If discussion lags, I may set a deadline for the day. If the town doesn't have a majority by then, the person with the most votes is lynched if they have at least half of the required votes. If there are multiple people with the same number of votes at a deadline, the one who reached that number first is lynched. If no one has half the majority, no one is lynched.

2. If I set a deadline for the night, I expect all night choices to be in by then. If you don't send me something, you won't take any action.

3. Modkilling during the day of a pro-town player takes the place of a lynch.

4. If I change any of these rules (Or the standard rules) at any time, I'll announce it. Anything rules-related I say after making this post, publicly or privately, takes precedence over this post.
Last edited by Norinel on Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:53 pm

Post by Norinel »

Pre-game:

Our story begins in an obscure suburb of Ingolstadt, which after the Italian fashion had a double-digit population: sixteen, to be precise. And they maintained a beautiful existence sleeping soundly through the night, ignorant of each other's professions, with only the consolation that more of their foes would be out for their minds than their lives.

But this night would be different. As it happened, every last unsavory element in this little town had the idea in their head that now was as good a time as any to start doing unsavory things, and every savory element had decided that they may as well start being useful. Some would call that a sign of a globe-spanning conspiracy, but this group was about to have its own problems...

Roles are out. It is Night 1, send choices to me ASAP.
Guardian may have to end the Night since I'll be out next week; if I have to go, I'll let people know to send choices his way.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:30 am

Post by Norinel »

Everyone's confirmed except jack_dillon and mypenguinkat; fortunately, we had enough pre-game replacements sign up to fill those. I'll deal with that and see if we can start the Day before I leave.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:24 am

Post by Norinel »

mnowax replaces jack_dillon.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #5 (isolation #5) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:35 pm

Post by Norinel »

Night 1
:

The town awoke to a murder. Where else would they start? As it happened, a normal, boring, everyday person was found shot in her normal, boring, everyday house. If names mean anything, the victim happened to be named DrippingGoofball.

But if someone was out shooting someone, that might just mean that the cults were out doing their cultish things as well. So bringing the town to justice might not just be a matter of stopping the killings, but of stopping the assault on their minds... Time for the good old daily lynch.

DrippingGoofball (Townie) - shot Night 1

It is now Day 1, 15 alive means 8 to lynch.

Recall that I'll be gone for the next week, and Guardian will be keeping an eye on the thread while I'm gone.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #140 (isolation #6) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:42 pm

Post by Norinel »

I've returned, but haven't completely caught up yet. To answer the questions posed in the meantime:
armlx wrote:Actually, could I get some mod clarification on this? Does [SK/Cult leader kill immunity] mean

A) The first night kill attempt on them that game or
B) The first NK attempt each night.

I'm assuming A.
Yes, A.
Blazerunner wrote:
mod, I posted this a while ago

Blazerunner wrote:Speaking about hammer,
I have a question to mod
: How long will twilight last, from the hammer to the death, when the person lynched cant speak anymore? (not exactly, just an estimation). I need to know this in case I get hammered, and for the reason above, and even regardless of people's alignment (the people not posting might all agree Im scum and vote me in quick succession)
Even with some unvotes, I would still like to know about twilight. I believe you might not have seen this question as I didnt bold it and was in the middle of a long post. Id jus like to know if there is twilight in your games, and how long. If you cant give me that info, just say it, too
I discourage revealing critical information during twilight, although there's little I can do to prevent it. I will lock the thread once I notice that somebody's reached the relevant votes to lynch.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #160 (isolation #7) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:33 pm

Post by Norinel »

NabakovNabakov replaces ZaneWasHere.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #175 (isolation #8) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:00 am

Post by Norinel »

Vote Count 7

Blazerunner [4] (the silent speaker, mnowax, malthusis, vikingfan)
mnowax [2] (Blazerunner, mypenguinkat)
Greggo [1] (NabakovNabakov)
vikingfan [1] (curiouskarmadog)
the silent speaker [1] (Occult)

Not Voting [6]: Greggo, vollkan, stark, Yosarian2, armlx, springlullaby

8 to lynch
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #199 (isolation #9) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:58 pm

Post by Norinel »

FYI, I'd prodded stark a few hours ago. (And am posting this now to bump the vote count.)
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #200 (isolation #10) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:58 pm

Post by Norinel »

Vote Count 8

Blazerunner [3] (mnowax, malthusis, vikingfan)
the silent speaker [2] (Occult, armlx)
mnowax [1] (Greggo)
malthusis [1] (Yosarian2)

Not Voting [6]: Blazerunner, mypenguinkat, the silent speaker, vollkan, stark, springlullaby

8 to lynch
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #225 (isolation #11) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:10 am

Post by Norinel »

Vote Count 9

Blazerunner [3] (mnowax, malthusis, Occult)
the silent speaker [1] (armlx)
mnowax [1] (Greggo)
Occult [1] (Blazerunner)
mypenguinkat [1] (vikingfan)

Not Voting [5]: mypenguinkat, the silent speaker, vollkan, stark, springlullaby

8 to lynch
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #232 (isolation #12) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:51 am

Post by Norinel »

Prodding malthusis and mypenguinkat. Also prodded stark yesterday or so and forgot to mention it in-thread- he's picked up the prod since then.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #243 (isolation #13) » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:20 pm

Post by Norinel »

NabakovNabakov wrote:
Mod:
When you say "picked up his prod" does that just mean he opened it? Did he reply? Is he having technical difficulties?
He's responded, but has been having technical difficulties.

Also, Greggo has requested replacement; I'll get on that now.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #250 (isolation #14) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:33 am

Post by Norinel »

Vote Count 10

Occult [3] (Blazerunner, the silent speaker, mnowax)
Blazerunner [1] (malthusis)
the silent speaker [1] (armlx)
mnowax [1] (Greggo)
mypenguinkat [1] (vikingfan)
vollkan [1] (springlullaby)

Not Voting [4]: mypenguinkat, Occult, vollkan, stark

8 to lynch
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #276 (isolation #15) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:25 am

Post by Norinel »

*silently curses vikingfan for breaking the top-of-page streak*

Vote Count 11

Occult [3] (Blazerunner, the silent speaker, mnowax)
vikingfan [2] (curiouskarmadog, armlx)
Blazerunner [1] (malthusis)
mnowax [1] (Greggo)

Not Voting [5]: mypenguinkat, Occult, vikingfan, vollkan, stark

8 to lynch
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #290 (isolation #16) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:09 am

Post by Norinel »

Skruffs replaces Greggo, aioqwe replaces malthusis.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #305 (isolation #17) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:58 am

Post by Norinel »

Vote Count 12

Occult [4] (Blazerunner, the silent speaker, mnowax, Yosarian2)
Blazerunner [2] (aioqwe, Skruffs)
vikingfan [1] (armlx)
mnowax [1] (Greggo)
springlullaby [1] (NabakovNabakov)

Not Voting [6]: curiouskarmadog, mypenguinkat, Occult, vikingfan, vollkan, stark

8 to lynch
Last edited by Norinel on Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #325 (isolation #18) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:24 pm

Post by Norinel »

MOD: were leaders allowed to talk to their recruits last night?
A cult can't talk to a recruit the night they're recruited, because recruitments happen at the end of the night.

Vote Count 13

Occult [4] (the silent speaker, mnowax, Yosarian2, aioqwe)
springlullaby [3] (NabakovNabakov, curiouskarmadog, armlx)
Blazerunner [1] (Skruffs)
mnowax [2] (Greggo, Blazerunner)

8 to lynch
Last edited by Norinel on Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #350 (isolation #19) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:51 am

Post by Norinel »

Vote Count 14

springlullaby [3] (NabakovNabakov, curiouskarmadog, armlx)
Blazerunner [1] (Skruffs)

8 to lynch
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #352 (isolation #20) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:17 pm

Post by Norinel »

Prodding mypenguinkat.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #363 (isolation #21) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:02 am

Post by Norinel »

Poking mnowax and stark.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #370 (isolation #22) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:44 am

Post by Norinel »

Hjallti replaces mypenguinkat.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #376 (isolation #23) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:06 am

Post by Norinel »

As I posted in V/LA, I'll be limited access this weekend. I don't think it'll be so severe as to effect this game, but somebody PM me (And post in the thread that you're doing so so I don't get 10) if there's a lynch before Sunday.

Vote Count 15

springlullaby [5] (NabakovNabakov, curiouskarmadog, armlx, vikingfan, stark)
Yosarian2 [1] (springlullaby)
vikingfan [1] (Skruffs)

Not Voting [3]: Hjallti, Occult, vollkan

8 to lynch
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #385 (isolation #24) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:55 am

Post by Norinel »

Prodding Blazerunner. Mnowax, armlx, and stark are all in danger of prodding if they don't post soon. Occult's in forewarned limited access.

But regardless, discussion has lagged, and I'll be putting a deadline down once those are dealt with.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #407 (isolation #25) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:45 am

Post by Norinel »

Vote Count 16

springlullaby [6] (NabakovNabakov, curiouskarmadog, armlx, vikingfan, stark, Hjallti)
Yosarian2 [1] (springlullaby)
vikingfan [1] (Skruffs)

Not Voting [2]: Occult, vollkan

8 to lynch
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #427 (isolation #26) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:24 am

Post by Norinel »

End of Day Vote Count

springlullaby [8] (NabakovNabakov, curiouskarmadog, armlx, vikingfan, stark, Hjallti, Yosarian2, mnowax)
Occult [2] (the silent speaker, aioqwe)
vikingfan [1] (Skruffs)

Not Voting [3]: Occult, springlullaby, vollkan

8 to lynch

Day 1:

"So, how is it those Italians do it?"

"Talk a lot, and shout 'Hang!' a lot, and then hang someone, and then search their house for clues."

"Wouldn't it be better to search their house for clues before hanging them?"

"I think there's a privacy law or something. Anyway, how about Blazerunner?" "Hang!" "Hang!" "Hang!" "Hang!" "Hang!"

"How about Occult?" "Hang!" "Hang!" "Hang!"

"Well, what about springlullaby?" "Hang!" "Hang!" "Hang!" "Hang!" "Hang!" "Hang!" "Hang!" "Guess that does it- how does this rope work again?"

-thump- -rifle-

"Looks pretty boring and clue-less. Guess we've followed their lead and started with lynching a normal citizen."

"This is the first step on the path of cult-hunting, right?"

springlullaby (Townie) - lynched Day 1.

It is now Night 2, deadline Tuesday, 96 hours from this post.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #428 (isolation #27) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:39 am

Post by Norinel »

Night 2
:

Another day, another bodies. Wait, bodies? And neither of them entirely boring, this time.

Blazerunner is the first found dead, after attracting some fire yesterday. His house is full of roleblocking materials (What are roleblocking materials, anyway?) that half verify what he said he was, but nothing indicating that he'd been compromised.

The other victim was a little more interesting- vikingfan. It seemed like he'd come ready for the cult menace, with pamphlets and writings on the dangers of joining a cult that he seemed to have already begun to distribute. Sadly, whoever came to shoot him showed little regard for pamphlets.

Blazerunner (Roleblocker) - shot Night 2

vikingfan (Alarmist) - shot Night 2

It is now Day 2, 12 alive means 7 to lynch.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #431 (isolation #28) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:12 am

Post by Norinel »

armlx wrote:Wait, mod, is Blaze confirmed not cult, or are you just not revealing if he was or wasn't?
Blazerunner was not cult; cultists are revealed as such. (Along with their cult name and former role, which I summarized in the setup post as "[cultname] Cultist, previously [oldrole]")

But I'd prefer questions to me be bolded, or have a bolded mod: tag, so I'm less likely to miss them.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #453 (isolation #29) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:11 am

Post by Norinel »

Skruffs wrote:IF Mno was blocked (likely) and there are no redirectors (there aren't) then we could have up to four vigs, or a vig and two SKs (which means TSS might be an sk after all) or two vigs (who didn't go night one) and an sk.

The mod should clarify how someone will die if two cults attempt to recruit someone the same night; it seems unlikely to be burnt to a crisp OR shot, more likely some sort of heart attack or aneurism or something.

modmodmomdodmodmo
It's the same "burnt to a crisp". The best justification I can come up with flavorwise is that the same satellites that laser people also have mind control functionality, and more than one pointing at the same place causes an overload.

Vote Count

Yosarian2- 1 (mnowax)

Not voting (11): Everyone else

7 to lynch
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #475 (isolation #30) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:41 pm

Post by Norinel »

Another page, another
Vote Count

Yosarian2- 1 (mnowax)

Not voting (11): Everyone else

7 to lynch
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #506 (isolation #31) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:21 am

Post by Norinel »

Vote Count

Hjallti- 1 (Skruffs)

Not voting (12): Everyone else

7 to lynch
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #514 (isolation #32) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:55 am

Post by Norinel »

the silent speaker wrote:Can we get a modprod on Occult, please?
Occult will have some access in the future, but recommends that he replaced if possible; I'll start looking.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #524 (isolation #33) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:43 am

Post by Norinel »

Bumping count and stuff to the next page...
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #525 (isolation #34) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:44 am

Post by Norinel »

Hjallti has requested replacement. Still looking for one for Occult. Prodding aioqwe, stark, and Yosarian2

Vote Count

Hjallti- 1 (Skruffs)

Not voting (12): Everyone else

7 to lynch
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #532 (isolation #35) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:26 am

Post by Norinel »

Beep! Beep! replaces Occult, springlullaby replaces Hjallti.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #552 (isolation #36) » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:15 am

Post by Norinel »

Prodding NabakovNabakov and mnowax. Replacing stark. Activity Day 2 has been disappointing; I'll put down a retractable deadline soon if it doesn't pick up this week.

Vote Count

Nobody!

Not voting (12): Everybody

7 to lynch
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #561 (isolation #37) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:54 am

Post by Norinel »

Quinton. replaces stark.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #577 (isolation #38) » Thu May 01, 2008 7:14 am

Post by Norinel »

As promised,
retractable deadline: 2 weeks from this post.
Exact time to be determined when I know more about my schedule.

Vote Count

mnowax (1) - Beep! Beep!

Not voting (12): Everybody

7 to lynch
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #587 (isolation #39) » Sat May 03, 2008 1:16 pm

Post by Norinel »

Prodding aioqwe, mnowax, springlullaby, the silent speaker, and Quinton.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #600 (isolation #40) » Mon May 05, 2008 5:04 am

Post by Norinel »

You have 10 days, give or take a few hours. Also prodding CKD, who was L/A but should be back by now.

Vote Count

mnowax (1) - Beep! Beep!
vollkan (1) - Yosarian2

Not voting (10): Everybody else

7 to lynch, 4 at deadline.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #611 (isolation #41) » Tue May 06, 2008 3:45 am

Post by Norinel »

Prodding Beep! Beep!, replacing Quinton. unless he shows up in the next day or so.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #629 (isolation #42) » Wed May 07, 2008 5:35 am

Post by Norinel »

SlySly replaces Quinton. Eight days to deadline. Posting activity is a bit better, voting activity isn't.

Vote Count

mnowax (1) - Beep! Beep!
vollkan (1) - Yosarian2
Skruffs (1) - springlullaby

Not voting (9): Everybody else

Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #662 (isolation #43) » Fri May 09, 2008 5:44 am

Post by Norinel »

Vote Count

vollkan (2) - Yosarian2, armlx
mnowax (1) - Beep! Beep!

Not voting (8): Everybody else

Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #676 (isolation #44) » Sat May 10, 2008 9:46 am

Post by Norinel »

Deadline extended 1 week, to 5/22
. Again, I'll set an exact time later, might consider extension/retract if activity continues at the current level.

Vote Count

mnowax (3) - Beep! Beep!, armlx, SlySly
vollkan (2) - Yosarian2, Skruffs
SlySly (1) - NabakovNabakov

Not voting (5): Everybody else

Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #692 (isolation #45) » Wed May 14, 2008 8:04 am

Post by Norinel »

Prodding CKD, TSS, vollkan, and Y2. 8 days to deadline.

Vote Count

vollkan (3) - Yosarian2, Skruffs, mnowax
mnowax (2) - armlx, SlySly
Skruffs (2) - springlullaby, Beep! Beep!

Not voting (6): Everybody else

Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #720 (isolation #46) » Fri May 16, 2008 2:26 am

Post by Norinel »

6 days. As I'm about to post in V/LA, I might have limited access over the weekend; I'll try to get on to finalize (or extend) the deadline on Monday.

Vote Count

mnowax (3) - armlx, SlySly, aioqwe

Not voting (4): curiouskarmadog, NabakovNabakov, the silent speaker, vollkan

Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #727 (isolation #47) » Fri May 16, 2008 12:31 pm

Post by Norinel »

armlx wrote:MOD, if a tracker targets someone who is RB'ed, do they see them targeting the person they intended to target or see them doing nothing.
The tracker would see the person the blocked player intended to target.

For the sake of bumping the
Vote Count

mnowax (3) - armlx, SlySly, aioqwe

Not voting (4): curiouskarmadog, NabakovNabakov, the silent speaker, vollkan

Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #737 (isolation #48) » Sat May 17, 2008 12:50 pm

Post by Norinel »

Prodding Beep! Beep!.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #750 (isolation #49) » Sun May 18, 2008 9:41 am

Post by Norinel »

Vote Count

mnowax (4) - armlx, SlySly, aioqwe, the silent speaker
vollkan (3) - Skruffs, mnowax, Beep! Beep!
Skruffs (3) - springlullaby, curiouskarmadog, vollkan
curiouskarmadog (1) - Yosarian2

Not voting (1):, NabakovNabakov

Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #771 (isolation #50) » Mon May 19, 2008 6:21 am

Post by Norinel »

Deadline stands. It's 9 PM Eastern Thursday, which is something like 3 AM the next day GMT.

Vote Count

mnowax (3) - armlx, aioqwe, the silent speaker
vollkan (3) - Skruffs, mnowax, Beep! Beep!
Skruffs (2) - springlullaby, vollkan
curiouskarmadog (1) - Yosarian2
SlySly (1) - curiouskarmadog

Not voting (2): NabakovNabakov, SlySly

Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #798 (isolation #51) » Tue May 20, 2008 5:49 pm

Post by Norinel »

Bumping vote count....
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #799 (isolation #52) » Tue May 20, 2008 5:49 pm

Post by Norinel »

And some more...
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #800 (isolation #53) » Tue May 20, 2008 5:49 pm

Post by Norinel »

About 44 hours to deadline.

Vote Count

mnowax (4) - armlx, aioqwe, the silent speaker, SlySly
vollkan (2) - Skruffs, mnowax
Skruffs (2) - springlullaby, vollkan
curiouskarmadog (2) - Yosarian2, Beep! Beep!

Not voting (1): NabakovNabakov

Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #819 (isolation #54) » Wed May 21, 2008 4:43 pm

Post by Norinel »

A little more than 21 hours.

Vote Count

mnowax (5) - armlx, aioqwe, the silent speaker, SlySly, springlullaby
curiouskarmadog (3) - Yosarian2, Beep! Beep!, NabakovNabakov
Skruffs (2) - vollkan, mnowax
vollkan (1) - Skruffs

Not voting (0):

Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #836 (isolation #55) » Thu May 22, 2008 5:37 pm

Post by Norinel »

End of Day Vote Count

curiouskarmadog (6) - Yosarian2, Beep! Beep!, NabakovNabakov, Skruffs, aioqwe, armlx
mnowax (3) - the silent speaker, SlySly, springlullaby
Skruffs (2) - vollkan, mnowax

Not voting (0):

Day 2:

The town takes a little longer to get used to the rope thing today then yesterday. But when curiouskarmadog admitted to being part of a dark and mysterious secret society, the choice became clear.

But it was the wrong society; the mystic materials on his person were completely benign, and nothing in his house pointed to being able to resist outside influences or having actually been converted.

curiouskarmadog (Mason) - lynched Day 2

It is now Night 3, send choices. Deadline 96 hours from this post.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #837 (isolation #56) » Mon May 26, 2008 7:22 pm

Post by Norinel »

Night 3

It does not surprise anyone to see another person missing from the town meeting. A search finds the body, which still betrays no sign of cult involvement- a single bullet again was all that was needed.

Springlullaby had acquired a second chance, but it was again cut tragically short. Her house is strikingly similar to the last one the townsfolk investigated, but one thing suggests a difference- readings on confidence and self-control. Her mind was clearly strong enough to resist the yet-unseen foe...

Springlullaby II (Steadfast Mason) - shot Night 3

It is now Day 3, 10 alive means 6 to lynch.
Last edited by Norinel on Fri May 30, 2008 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #856 (isolation #57) » Tue May 27, 2008 4:04 pm

Post by Norinel »

vollkan wrote:
Norinel wrote: It is now Day 3, 10 alive means 11 to lynch.
10 alive...11 to lynch :?
Corrected.
mnowax wrote:
Mod:
If i attempt to shoot tonight, then get culted, will my kill go through?
A recruitment will not stop a power role from acting.

Vote Count:

aioqwe (1) - armlx
Beep! Beep! (1) - the silent speaker

Not voting (8): aioqwe, Beep! Beep!, mnowax, NabakovNabakov Skruffs, vollkan, SlySly, Yosarian2

6 to lynch
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #885 (isolation #58) » Fri May 30, 2008 4:19 pm

Post by Norinel »

Vote Count:

aioqwe (2) - SlySly, Beep! Beep!
Skruffs (1) - mnowax
SlySly (1) - Skruffs

Not voting (5): aioqwe, armlx, NabakovNabakov, vollkan, Yosarian2

6 to lynch
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #902 (isolation #59) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:15 pm

Post by Norinel »

Prodding Beep! Beep! and SlySly.

Vote Count:

aioqwe (3) - SlySly, Beep! Beep!, Skruffs
Skruffs (1) - mnowax

6 to lynch
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #924 (isolation #60) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:16 pm

Post by Norinel »

(bumping vote count)
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #925 (isolation #61) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:42 pm

Post by Norinel »

Prodding NabakovNabakov.

Vote Count:

aioqwe (2) - SlySly, Skruffs
Skruffs (1) - mnowax
vollkan (1) - Beep! Beep!

6 to lynch
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #954 (isolation #62) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:40 pm

Post by Norinel »

Vote Count:

aioqwe (5) - SlySly, Skruffs, Yosarian2, Beep! Beep!, NabakovNabakov
Skruffs (1) - mnowax
SlySly (1) - aioqwe

Not voting (2): armlx, vollkan

6 to lynch
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #959 (isolation #63) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:56 am

Post by Norinel »

End of Day Vote Count:

aioqwe (6) - SlySly, Skruffs, Yosarian2, Beep! Beep!, NabakovNabakov, mnowax
SlySly (1) - aioqwe

Not voting (2): armlx, vollkan

6 to lynch

Day 3

This time, the town's suspicions fall on aioqwe. And as their victim hangs, the town releases that the off-red robes they never paid attention to before might be a sign that their decision was correct.

The town breathes a sigh of relief- but it seems from the rest of the possessions that aioqwe was nothing special prior to joining the cult.

Aioqwe (Fuschia Cultist, previously Townie) - lynched Day 3

It is now Night 4, send choices. Deadline 4 days from this post.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #960 (isolation #64) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:27 pm

Post by Norinel »

Night 4

No one is surprised to find another person shot. This time, it is vollkan, who gave up his guns to follow a blueish master.

On a more interesting note, NabakovNabakov's utterly ordinary house (and him within it) was burned to the ground. Some say they saw a flash from above when the fire started. Clearly a new weapon was in play, but there was no sign thus far of who might hold its key...

vollkan (Cerulean Cultist, previously Vigilante) - shot Night 4

NabakovNabakov (Townie) - blown to bits Night 4

It is now Day 4, 7 alive means 4 to lynch.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #980 (isolation #65) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:23 pm

Post by Norinel »

Vote Count

Skruffs- 3 (mnowax, SlySly, armlx)
armlx- 2 (Skruffs, the silent speaker)

Not voting (2): Yosarian2, Beep! Beep!

4 to lynch
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #989 (isolation #66) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:21 am

Post by Norinel »

Day 4

Seeing clear signs of the cults' presence leads the town to act with ferocity. In what seems like no time at all, they settle on armlx as the day's victim. They say that haste makes waste, but when armlx's house is found stuffed full of material on recruitment, brainwashing, and orbital weapons control, they turned out to be wrong. The night might bring a little more peace to the remaining townsfolk....

armlx (Cerulean Cult Leader) - lynched Day 4.

It is now Night 5, deadline Monday, 96 hours from this post.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #990 (isolation #67) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:30 pm

Post by Norinel »

Night 5

The night is quiet- at least, nothing appears to have happened. Whether this reprieve was deserved or not, none would know.

No deaths.

It is now Day 5, 6 alive means 4 to lynch.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1019 (isolation #68) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:37 pm

Post by Norinel »

Mod: Does a recruit go through if the cult recruitor is nightkilled?
Yes, as long as it'd go through otherwise.
Mod: Does a no lynch require three or four votes in a 6 man end game?
I'd say four as normal, but I don't allow lynches with less than majority at deadline during endgame anyway, so three people could force no-lynch by sticking with no-lynch. If a faction could force a win by doing so, they'd win.

Vote Count:

Skruffs- 2 (the silent speaker, SlySly)
the silent speaker- 2 (Skruffs, mnowax)

Not voting (2): Yosarian2, Beep! Beep!
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1040 (isolation #69) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:01 pm

Post by Norinel »

Vote Count:

the silent speaker- 3 (Skruffs, mnowax, Yosarian2)

Not voting (1): Beep! Beep!

4 to lynch
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1043 (isolation #70) » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:44 pm

Post by Norinel »

mnowax wrote:
Beep! Beep! wrote:Yos or Skruffs should die.

Going on vacation until July 8, please don't replace me, thanks.
we will be waiting untill july 8 for him....so we need to keep talking till then?

or should we replace anyway?
I'm not inclined to replace. Certainly won't strictly enforce activity rules while Beep! is gone if the game's waiting on her, but I trust the players who are left to pick up momentum again once she's back.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1077 (isolation #71) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:58 pm

Post by Norinel »

Prodding everyone except Yos2 and tss, since Beep! is supposed to be back tomorrow.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1096 (isolation #72) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:40 am

Post by Norinel »

End of Day Vote Count:

the silent speaker- 4 (Skruffs, mnowax, Yosarian2, Beep! Beep!)

4 to lynch

Day 5

The decision takes some time, as tensions build to a deadlock that can only be resolved by one who'd temporarily gone missing. When she returns, the silent speaker is chosen as a threat, and a threat he was: brilliant red robes in his house betray his allegiance.

the silent speaker (Fuschia Cult Leader) - lynched Day 5.

It is now Night 6, send choices. Deadline 96 hours from this post.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1097 (isolation #73) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:51 pm

Post by Norinel »

stark replaces SlySly. Also, I was asked about my ruling on ties, so to clarify publicly:

My default rule on this (Which actually isn't in the first post rules since I'd trimmed them down for Newbie games) is two nights and two days with no deaths is draw by Happily Ever After unless there's some other game factor that would break the stalemate. (In this setup, the two cases that might make a difference are waiting for a vig to recharge and that a nonkilling cult with 50% of the town wins if they can't be killed) I might cut it off earlier if agreement is unanimous.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1098 (isolation #74) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:44 pm

Post by Norinel »

Night 6

Another day finds another body, as the population dwindles further. Beep! Beep! is the victim this time; she also had the anti-cult resources that could have combatted their spread.

Beep! Beep! (Alarmist) - shot Night 6

It is now Day 6, 4 alive means 3 to lynch.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1121 (isolation #75) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:05 pm

Post by Norinel »

Vote Count

Skruffs- 2 (mnowax, Yosarian2)
mnowax- 1 (Skruffs)

Not voting (1): stark

3 to lynch
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1131 (isolation #76) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:38 pm

Post by Norinel »

Yosarian2 wrote:Mod: What are your deadline rules?
In endgame, if I set a deadline and there's no majority, there's no lynch.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1138 (isolation #77) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:28 pm

Post by Norinel »

Vote Count

Skruffs- 3 (mnowax, Yosarian2, stark)

Not voting (1): Skruffs

3 to lynch

Day 6

The atmosphere switches from suspicion to intrigue. Plans are made, deals are negotiated, and Skruffs is not to have a part in it. His hanging reveals that he was precisely the psychotic murderer he claimed to be.

Skruffs (Serial Killer) - lynched Day 6

It is now Night 7, send choices. Deadline 72 hours from this post.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1139 (isolation #78) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:51 pm

Post by Norinel »

Night 7
:

Nothing of importance seems to happen. The surviving few reconvene to sort things out...

No deaths. 3 alive means 2 to lynch.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1143 (isolation #79) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:09 pm

Post by Norinel »

Day 7

The deal persists. Have it your way.

No lynch. It is now Night 8, send choices ASAP.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1144 (isolation #80) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:46 am

Post by Norinel »

Night 8:

A shot in the dark means that any deals are done. Everyone knew stark was a problem, even if they only kept him around to keep off something even worse. But tonight, it ended, and the investigator who'd stumbled on far more information about the Fuschia cult than he thought he would was slain.

stark (Fuschia Cultist, previously Inquisitor) - shot Night 8

The town meeting is short; nothing more needs deciding except a simple matter of trust. But whether either of the surviving few realized that the cults were gone for good, they were. The town would be safe from its insidious threat, one way or another.

Town wins! mnowax (Vigilante) and Yosarian2 (Steadfast Townie) survive.
(Or mno forces no-lynches until Night 10 and then kills Y2 anyway, but town wins either way)
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1161 (isolation #81) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:48 pm

Post by Norinel »

Night choices, in Google Spreadsheet form: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key= ... SPMQ&hl=en (Discussion stuff is sort of redacted, though I'll re-add it unless there's some objection from Skruffs, the masons, or Fuschia)

But since people were curious, here's how the cult choices went down:
Night 1: tss recruits Y2 and is blocked, armlx recruits Y2 and fails (Steadfast Townie)
Night 2: tss recruits armlx and fails (CR), armlx recruits vollkan successfully
Night 3: tss recruits aioqwe and succeeds, armlx recruits Skruffs and fails (SK)
Night 4: tss recruits SlySly and succeeds, armlx kills NabNab
Night 5: tss recruits Y2 and fails (Steadfast Townie)

The game was designed that cult recruits wouldn't succeed all the time; 4 people other than your CR started with cult immunity, 2 people were potentially protected by Alarmists, and that number could go up as recruits succeeded. 50/50 in a cult vs town scenario gives the town as many lynches as a mafia of the same size, although they recruited a little less than that in this game.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”