Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Dichotomafia- Games Over

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:54 pm

Post by Norinel »

Dichotomafia

Town Status: Game over, these are as of the final day.

5 Alive:

Mastermind of Sin (Replacing Flying Dutchman) (Mason?)
Uraj45 (Replacing KingEnigma (Replacing Uraj45))
Talitha II (Replacing willows_weep)
Fishbulb
ralphmerridew

11 Dead:

the silent speaker (Townie) - shot Night 1
Talitha (Doctor) - lynched Day 1
SpeedyKQ (Replacing MMCL) (Cop) - lynched Day 2
halfpint (Replacing silgado106) (Townie) - shot Night 3
NanookTheWolf (Godfather) - lynched Day 3
Wacky (Outsider) - shot Night 4
Save The Dragons (Mafia) - lynched Day 4
PeaceBringer (Roleblocker) - shot Night 5
Mgm (Mason) - mauled Night 5
Fuldu (Townie) - lynched Day 5
Coron (Replacing lulu muumuu) (One-shot vigilante) - shot Night 6

Village Status: Game over, these are as of the final night.

4 Alive:

Save The Dragons
PeaceBringer
the silent speaker
ralphmerridew

12 Dead:

Uraj45 (Replacing KingEnigma (Replacing Uraj45) (Villager)) - mauled Night 1
Fuldu (Villager) - lynched Day 1
Talitha II (Replacing willows_weep (Seer)) - mauled Night 2
Coron (Replacing lulu muumuu) (Werewolf) - lynched Day 2
Wacky (Apprentice Healer) - mauled Night 3
Fishbulb (Alpha) - lynched Day 3
Talitha (Mason) - mauled Night 4
SpeedyKQ (Replacing MMCL) (Healer) - shot Night 4
Mastermind of Sin (Replacing Flying Dutchman) (Werewolf) - lynched Day 4
NanookTheWolf (Seer) - mauled Night 5
halfpint (Replacing silgado106) (Wolfsbane) - shot Night 5
Mgm (Villager) - lynched Day 5

8 Totally Dead:
Wacky (Outsider/Apprentice Healer) - shot Night 4 in the Town, mauled Night 3 in the Village
Talitha (Doctor/Mason) - lynched Day 1 by the Town, mauled Night 4 in the Village
SpeedyKQ (Replacing MMCL) (Cop/Doctor) - lynched Day 2 by the Town, shot Night 4 in the Village
Fuldu (Townie/Villager) - lynched Day 5 in the Town, lynched Day 1 in the Village
NanookTheWolf (Godfather/Seer) - lynched Day 3 in the Town, mauled Night 5 in the Village
halfpint (Replacing Silgado106) (Townie/Wolfsbane) - shot Night 3 in the Town, shot Night 5 in the Villlage
Mgm (Mason/Villager) - mauled Night 5 in the Town, lynched Day 5 by the Village
Coron (One-shot vigilante/Werewolf) - shot Night 6 in the Town, lynched Day 2 in the Village

History: (These mark the beginning of the Days or Nights they number)
Pregame Clarification (9/12)
Town Night 1 (9/18)
Town Day 1, Village Night 1 (9/25)
Town Night 2, Village Day 1 (10/23)
Town Day 2, Village Night 2 (11/20)
Town Night 3, Village Day 2 (11/26)
Town Day 3, Village Night 3 (1/20)
Town Night 4, Village Day 3 (2/10)
Town Day 4, Village Night 4 (3/9)
Town Night 5, Village Day 4 (4/6)
Town Day 5, Village Night 5 (5/1)
Town Night 6, Village Day 5 (5/22)
Town Day 6, Village Night 6 (5/30)
Endgames (6/18)
Last edited by Norinel on Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:41 pm, edited 41 times in total.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:56 pm

Post by Norinel »

On the gimmick:

There are two games, which I will refer to as the Town and the Village. (No, we don't want to know why you resigned, and there aren't any marks on the doors.) These games could be considered different games that happen to have the same players and similar schematics (In terms of role assignments and night actions and such), with the following exceptions:

•Your objective is to win both games, regardless of whether or not you survive them. A lesser victory would be to win one game and not the other.
•It is always legal to talk about one game in any medium of communication, public or private, in which it is allowable to talk about the other.
•The days and nights of the games are intertwined; normally, one will be in night and the other will be in day, and the two will move forward together. This means that the thread will almost always be open, but you of course may only post if you are alive in the game where it is day. I will accept night choices up to the point when the lynching vote is cast in the other game.
•At the beginning of the game, the Town is in Night 1, while the Village game has not yet begun; the Village will enter Night 1 and Village roles will be sent out when the Town moves to Day 1.
•If a day ends hastily (Defined as a lynch within five days of the beginning of the day or a modkill), I will suspend that game to allow some time for the night in the other by locking the thread and holding the revelation of the lynchee or modkillee's role and the end of the other game's night until a stated deadline.
•On any night other than the Town's Night 1, you may change your night choice if you wish; I will use the last thing I received before the end of the night.
•When one game ends, the roles of the remaining players but not night choices will be revealed, and the other game will proceed as a normal game would.

On the roles:

The Town is Mafia-themed, and the Village is Werewolf-themed. As I said in the blurb, either game could run on its own and would qualify as a Normal game; there's nothing in either that hasn't been seen before.

Since I don't like many of Princeton's Werewolf names, I'll be using my own set. However, since giving a list of rolename correspondences would lead to unacceptable PseudoMetaGaming, I won't. Instead, you may ask what the corresponding Werewolf rolename to any Mafia role, either publicly or privately, and I will respond in kind.

Well, okay, I'll give you one:
You are a Townie. No powers to speak of.

You are pro-town; you win when the threats to the Town have been eliminated.

Confirm by PM.
You are a Villager. No powers to speak of.

You are pro-village; you win when the threats to the Village have been eliminated.

Confirm by PM or in the thread.
Other role PMs are similarly bare-bones; the other major commonality is that, in roles with night choices, the last line becomes "Confirm and send your Night 1 choice by PM." or "Confirm by PM or in the thread and PM your Night 1 choice.". If you're dead in the Town, a pm confirmation for the Village role would be preferable. Although the roles will not take advantage of the two-gamed nature, the PMs may to reduce confusion. (Along the lines of "at night in the Town" instead of just "at night", for instance.)

On more general things: (Stolen from myself, twice now.)

Standard rules apply, with the following exceptions/extensions:

Notify me (Don't just post in the vacation thread, post here or pm me) if you're going to be unavailable for more than 48 hours. Commitment to sixteen other people, blah blah blah. I'll be using the same system I did in SH, but with a longer deadline- general request or seven days without a post (Assuming that you're alive in the game where it's day and haven't already told me and stuff) will be brought up in the thread and get you prodded, no response for 72 hours will get you replaced.

Private messaging is the preferred method of communication with the moderator for night choices, questions, and the like. If it appears there's a problem, pm me. There may not be.
Players whose choices I do not receive by the end of the night (Whether it be brought about by the end of the day in the other game or by deadline) will be considered to take no action, unless they must perform an action, in which case the target will be chosen at random.

One may vote: no lynch, and a majority of such votes will end the day without lynching.

As soon as one person reaches the lynch threshold (Or a day deadline is reached) but before my actually posting their death sequence, it is considered twilight, during which nobody should post game-related stuff. (I'll forgive an honest mistake)

When a day deadline is reached, the person with the most votes is lynched if they have at least half of the required votes. If there are multiple people with the same number of votes at a deadline, the one who reached that number first is lynched. If no one has half the majority, no one is lynched.

Since I expect there to be more Night discussion then there's been in my past games, I don't need carbon copies of everything. After the Night ends, someone should send me a summary of the discussion. If you are in a group with three or more people, it may be to your advantage to only communicate with certain members of that group; this is legal, just send me a summary of this in addition to what the whole group does.

If I change any of these rules (Or the standard rules) at any time, I'll announce it. Anything rules-related I say after making this post, publicly or privately, takes precedence over this post.

Modkilling during the day takes the place of a lynch and will almost always kill the player in both games, but the day will be suspended as previously explained.

If someone is attacked more times in the night than they are protected, they still die.

A player's night action succeeds on the night he/she dies unless there is some other reason for the action to fail; notably, an information role performing an investigation will receive a result.

If four periods (nights or days) pass with no deaths whatsoever, the appropriate game will be declared a tie among all sides with one or more surviving players unless there is some reason for me to do otherwise.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:58 pm

Post by Norinel »

All right. Computer problems are persisting, but I've got the town role pms. I don't have the time to send them out right now, and I want to do some PM box cleaning before I get this underway, so I'll follow mathslamm's lead and allow anyone to post questions before I send roles out.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #4 (isolation #3) » Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:56 pm

Post by Norinel »

PeaceBringer wrote:so I take it that a protection then only covers one form of attack. If attacked by a mafia and vig and protected/healed by doctor then the player will die.

Which attack would get credit for death in that situation?
That's not really the sort of question I was planning on answering, but both.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #11 (isolation #4) » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:25 pm

Post by Norinel »

silgado106 wrote:people are going to have different allignments in each game right? Therefore we shouldn't assume things from one game onto the other?
Role assignments are independent of the other game. Any coincidences are random.org's fault.
Fuldu wrote:If I'm dead in one and alive in the other, can I post role specific information (investigative results, for example) from my dead role during the daytime of my living role?
Yes. I've considered its effects on balance. If you don't want someone talking at all, you'll have to get him killed in both games.
lulu muumuu wrote: technically, it's not allowed to talk about kills once you're dead, so i assume that you still can't even in the other game, though other elements can be discussed?
What do you mean by about kills?

Here's an example, using the newbie setup doubled (Without the werewolf theming, skipping the first N0.):

Day 1 in Game A begins, and it's the pre-game Night 0 in Game B. Everyone can post in the thread (Since it's Day in A, where everyone's alive), and the mafia in B can communicate, since it's Night in B. The B mafia can communicate about anything relevant to either game- strategy for the coming Day, who they find suspicious in Game A, how wonderful I am for thinking up this idea, whatever.

The town lynches mafia in Game A; it immediately becomes Night 1 in A and Day 1 in B. Everyone's still alive in B, so everyone can still post in thread. The dead A mafia can't communicate privately with his partner, because he's dead in A. (If there were surviving Game A mafia, they could still talk with the other survivors.) The town decides that the scum they lynched in A Day 1 is still suspicious, so they lynch him again. He's a townie, and is now completely dead.

It's now Day 2 in A and Night 1 in B. All choices sent before the lynching vote were cast are processed; as it happens, the mafia got the A cop. The five people alive in A can post in the thread, and the B mafia can communicate. Since it happens that the A cop is B mafia, she can give her partner the result, comment on who's suspicious, etc.

Do I need to continue?
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #13 (isolation #5) » Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:25 pm

Post by Norinel »

If nobody has anything else to say, I'll send roles out sometime tomorrow.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #17 (isolation #6) » Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:49 pm

Post by Norinel »

One unless somebody comes up with a really really good reason for two.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #19 (isolation #7) » Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:50 am

Post by Norinel »

True. The big downside of having two threads is that one of them will be severely buried; I'd be interested in others' opinions.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #28 (isolation #8) » Sat Sep 18, 2004 12:40 am

Post by Norinel »

Roles'll probably go out this weekend, then. The main discussion now seems to be one thread vs. two, and a decision on that can wait until the Village Day 1 starts, really.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #29 (isolation #9) » Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:48 am

Post by Norinel »

So you're a member of this small town somewhere in rural... somewhere. It's not that bad a town, either, except maybe for the occasional shipment of contraband entering the abandoned warehouses in the dead of night. But that's not that big a deal.

The bigger deal is that every night for as long as you can remember, you've had this weird dream whenever you were asleep where you're a member of this village somewhere else in rural... somewhere else. It's not that bad a village, either, except maybe for the occasional missing livestock turning up bloody and ravaged on someone's doorstep. But that's not that big a deal either.

Anyway, one night, (Which the dyslexic town chronicler recorded as night one) this weird rumor started going around the village during the village meeting, something about the mafia preparing to strike. Which is weird, since the village wouldn't have mafia, because it's, well, a village. But then everybody went home since there wasn't anything pertinent to discuss. So you consider it an omen, and if you have something to do to deal with the mafia's strike or to cause it, you'll try to wake up for a bit and get it done, right?

Town roles are out. It is now Night 1 in the town, PM me confirmations and choices (If applicable). Deadline five days from this post, unless someone needs to be replaced.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #30 (isolation #10) » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:54 pm

Post by Norinel »

Everyone's confirmed or read his/her pm except Flying Dutchman, who's on vacation and may not have access this week. I'd extend the deadline, but I said the deadline stood unless I need to replace someone. If I extend the deadline, I won't need to replace FD, and if I don't extend the deadline, I do need to replace FD. So a logical paradox is created, and the fabric of reality is torn asunder. Blah.

If I hear from FD before, say, Wednesday, (With "hear from" being confirmation and choice if applicable) I'll start day on Thursday; (Since nobody needs to be replaced) if not, I'll extend the deadline to give me some time to reconstruct the universe.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #31 (isolation #11) » Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:19 am

Post by Norinel »

No sign of FD, so make it four days from this post. Sorry for the delay.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #32 (isolation #12) » Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:58 am

Post by Norinel »

Town Night 1:

After a night that was slightly lengthened by some reality destruction, (Sorry about that; I had to patch some stuff in from an alternate dimension, but we should be good.) the town wakes up and meets to discuss the awful omen they've received. After a bit of note-comparing, everyone realizes that all fifteen townsfolk have had the same village dream sequence, just from a different viewpoint. Weird. Wait, fifteen?

It turns out the silent speaker is missing; a search of his entirely ordinary house reveals his entirely ordinary body. So the mafia rumors are true, and everyone decides to go for the nice daily majority lynch because that's what all the cool mafia-infested towns are doing.

the silent speaker (Townie) - shot Night 1 in the Town. It is now Day 1 in the Town, 8 to lynch.

As the town goes about their business, a rumor starts to spread, something about the werewolves preparing to strike. But the town couldn't possibly have werewolves because it's, well, a town. So if you have something to do to deal with the werewolf strike or to cause it, it's time to take a nap and do that, too.

Village roles are going out. It is now Night 1 in the Village; everyone except tss can confirm in the thread. PM choices by the end of the Town's day.
(And I'll make a decision about one thread vs. two by then as well)

Edit: People who could communicate last Night, don't forget to send me a summary of your discussion.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #36 (isolation #13) » Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:34 am

Post by Norinel »

Flying Dutchman wrote:Am I still playing?
Yes, you're still playing, even though you caused a logical paradox that ruptured the universe. I'm a tolerant mod.

And before I forget: (In the future, I'll do one of these with each Night/Day changeover)

The Top Ten Reasons Dichotomafia And Tuthrededmafya Are Different:

10. Werewolfs are cool. (PeaceBringer, STD, King Enigma)
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #63 (isolation #14) » Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:05 pm

Post by Norinel »

All sixteen players have confirmed and/or posted.

A celebratory
Vote Count:

Uraj45- 1 (Fuldu)
Save The Dragons- 1 (Mgm)
Talitha- 1 (MMCL)
Mgm- 1 (Flying Dutchman)
Flying Dutchman- 1 (silgado106)
Save The Dragons- 1 (PeaceBringer)
NanookTheWolf- 1 (lulu muumuu)
MMCL- 1 (Save The Dragons)
ralphmerridew- 1 (Talitha)
Fishbulb- 1 (Uraj45)

Not voting (5) - Fishbulb, NanookTheWolf, ralphmerridew, Wacky, willows_weep

8 to lynch.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #107 (isolation #15) » Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:59 pm

Post by Norinel »

Who's this "count please" person?

Vote Count:

Talitha- 4 (MMCL, PeaceBringer, silgado106, Wacky)
Uraj45- 1 (Fuldu)
Mgm- 1 (Flying Dutchman)
NanookTheWolf- 1 (lulu muumuu)
Fishbulb- 1 (Uraj45)
lulu muumuu- 1 (Talitha)

Not voting (4) - Fishbulb, NanookTheWolf, ralphmerridew, willows_weep

8 to lynch.

(I don't make a big thing about unvoting, by the way. It actually makes votes easier to count.)
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #131 (isolation #16) » Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:09 am

Post by Norinel »

Vote Count:

Talitha- 4 (MMCL, Wacky, lulu muumuu, NanookTheWolf)
lulu muumuu- 2 (Talitha, PeaceBringer)
Uraj45- 1 (Fuldu)
Mgm- 1 (Flying Dutchman)
Fishbulb- 1 (Uraj45)

Not voting (5) - Fishbulb, Mgm, ralphmerridew, silgado106, willows_weep

8 to lynch.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #132 (isolation #17) » Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:28 am

Post by Norinel »

And a few notes on time:

The five day suspension grace period for Village Night choices ends in about half an hour; after that, a lynch will end the Town's Day and Village's Night immediately.

I'll be gone for most of Sunday through Tuesday next week. FD, Fuldu, and Uraj wil be receiving prods unless they post 'ere I leave.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #196 (isolation #18) » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:35 pm

Post by Norinel »

I have returned and stuff.

Vote Count:

Talitha- 2 (Wacky, Uraj45)
NanookTheWolf- 2 (MMCL, Talitha)
lulu muumuu- 1 (silgado106)
Uraj45- 1 (Fuldu)
Mgm- 1 (Flying Dutchman)

Not voting (7) - Fishbulb, lulu muumuu, Mgm, NanookTheWolf, PeaceBringer, ralphmerridew, willows_weep

8 to lynch.

(By my counting, Fishbulb's vote did put Talitha at 7.)
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #232 (isolation #19) » Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:48 pm

Post by Norinel »

Vote Count:

PeaceBringer- 5 (NanookTheWolf, Fuldu, Mgm, Save The Dragons, silgado106)
lulu muumuu- 2 (Talitha, willows_weep)
NanookTheWolf- 2 (MMCL, PeaceBringer)
MMCL- 1 (Wacky)
Talitha- 1 (Uraj45)
Mgm- 1 (Flying Dutchman)

Not voting (3) - Fishbulb, lulu muumuu, ralphmerridew

8 to lynch.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #273 (isolation #20) » Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:37 am

Post by Norinel »

I'll make a vote count somewhere near the top of the page one of these days!

Vote Count:

NanookTheWolf- 4 (PeaceBringer, Talitha, Wacky, Uraj45)
Talitha- 2 (MMCL, Fishbulb)
PeaceBringer- 1 (NanookTheWolf)
lulu muumuu- 1 (willows_weep)

Not voting (7) - Flying Dutchman, Fuldu, lulu muumuu, Mgm, ralphmerridew, Save The Dragons, Silgado106

8 to lynch.

(FD wasn't voting for PeaceBringer, but I took his vote off Mgm anyway).
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #278 (isolation #21) » Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:02 am

Post by Norinel »

Hmm, no posts in 24+ hours.

In light of discussion in MD, I'll probably change the twilight rules in this game to either not bother with twilight or require the final vote to be of a different format (Perhaps Lynch: IS or Final vote: IS) Which way I'll go depends on how that discussion happens and if any of you have any significant objections.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #295 (isolation #22) » Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:25 am

Post by Norinel »

Hmm, no posts in 24+ hours. Again. So as little as I like deadlines:

Retractable deadline: 7 days from this post
. Half majority (4) or more lynches at deadline, most votes or longest at at least that number of votes.

Prodding lulu muumuu, NanookTheWolf, and ralphmerridew. Fuldu, PeaceBringer, Fishbulb, and Uraj45 will be prodded today if they don't post.

Vote Count:

Talitha- 3 (MMCL, Fishbulb, Save The Dragons)
NanookTheWolf- 3 (PeaceBringer, Talitha, Uraj45)
Silgado106- 1 (Wacky)

Not voting (6) - Flying Dutchman, Fuldu, lulu muumuu, Mgm, ralphmerridew, Silgado106

8 to lynch, 4 at deadline.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #299 (isolation #23) » Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:51 am

Post by Norinel »

Just Uraj, then.

*ponders adding a Top 10 Ways Not To Get A Deadline Extension list to the deathscenes along with Dichotomafia != Tuthreded*
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #307 (isolation #24) » Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:56 pm

Post by Norinel »

Still not inspired to lift the deadline, but I'm prodding FD, too.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #317 (isolation #25) » Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:28 pm

Post by Norinel »

King Enigma replaces Uraj45.

Vote Count:

Talitha- 5 (MMCL, Fishbulb, Save The Dragons, Wacky, Flying Dutchman)

Not voting (5) - Fuldu, lulu muumuu, Mgm, ralphmerridew, Silgado106

Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #323 (isolation #26) » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:07 am

Post by Norinel »

I'll make this easier. Deadline moved to 84 hours from this post because I'm not sure I'll be around Saturday morning.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #334 (isolation #27) » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:56 pm

Post by Norinel »

Mgm wasn't voting for anyone.

Probably last time I'll get on before the deadline
Vote Count:

Talitha- 6 (MMCL, Fishbulb, Save The Dragons, Wacky, Flying Dutchman, NanookTheWolf)

Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #363 (isolation #28) » Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:10 am

Post by Norinel »

Well, I did say "probably".

About 11 hours to deadline; the activity spike is too little too late. No vote changes since last count; Talitha's still at five. I like semicolons; they are fun.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #367 (isolation #29) » Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:07 pm

Post by Norinel »

End of Day Vote Count:

Talitha- 6 (MMCL, Fishbulb, Save The Dragons, Wacky, Flying Dutchman, NanookTheWolf)

The Top 10 Reasons Dichotomafia != Tuthrededmafya:

10. Werewolfs are cool. (PeaceBringer's wording, STD & King Enigma expressed similar sentiments)
9. It's two, two, two roles in one! (FD, Fishbulb, tss's sentiments, my wording)

Town Day 1/Village Night 1:

MMCL says he thinks Talitha's suspicious, then everyone argues a lot, then everyone argues a little, then everyone stops arguing. The sun begins to set, and there are enough people thinking Talitha's worth lynching to pull it off just as people start going home. She hangs, and from a pocket of her garments falls a long thin blade!

It's a scalpel.

Talitha (Doctor) - lynched Day 1 by the Town

It is now Night 2 in the Town, send choices by the end of the Village's Day.

That dealt with, everybody goes to sleep, and simultaneously wakes up in the village. Fifteen of them gather at the village meeting, but it's a different fifteen. The silent speaker and Talitha are back; could it be that the town was the dream all along? But there's still one unaccounted for...

It turns out that KingEnigma is missing; a search of his entirely ordinary house reveals his entirely ordinary, although torn apart and not shot, body. So the werewolf rumors are true, and the everyone decides to go for the nice daily majority lynch because that's what all the cool werewolf-infested villages are doing.

KingEnigma (Villager) - mauled Night 1 in the Village.

It is now Day 1 in the Village, 8 to lynch.

(And I'm going with one thread, if it's not obvious.)
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #377 (isolation #30) » Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:03 am

Post by Norinel »

Fuldu wrote:Norinel, what is the Village equivalent of the Town role "Doctor"?
Healer.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #424 (isolation #31) » Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:29 am

Post by Norinel »

*pushing this over*
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #425 (isolation #32) » Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:34 am

Post by Norinel »

Everyone alive in the Village has posted, the suspension grace period's been over for a little while.

Vote Count

PeaceBringer- 2 (willows_weep, Talitha)
Wacky- 2 (the silent speaker, Mgm)
the silent speaker- 1 (Save The Dragons)
Mgm- 1 (Flying Dutchman)
willlows_weep- 1 (NanookTheWolf)
Save The Dragons- 1 (PeaceBringer)
Fuldu- 1 (lulu muumuu)
MMCL- 1 (Wacky)

Not voting (5)- Fishbulb, Fuldu, MMCL, ralphmerridew, Silgado106

8 to lynch.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #468 (isolation #33) » Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:49 am

Post by Norinel »

Prodding ralphmerridew.

Vote Count

PeaceBringer- 5 (willows_weep, Talitha, Flying Dutchman, Wacky, Fuldu)
Wacky- 3 (Mgm, PeaceBringer, NanookTheWolf)
Fuldu- 3 (lulu muumuu, PeaceBringer, ralphmerridew)

Not voting (4)- Fishbulb, MMCL, Save The Dragons Silgado106

8 to lynch.

(Editted to fix ralph's vote)
Last edited by Norinel on Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #506 (isolation #34) » Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:16 pm

Post by Norinel »

It looks like I had both ralph and PB incorrectly on Fuldu but tss incorrectly off in the last count, so Nanook's vote took him to six. I apologize for the inconvenience and such; I didn't have time to get on for a few days.

Vote Count

Fuldu- 5 (lulu muumuu, the silent speaker, Wacky, Flying Dutchman, NanookTheWolf)
PeaceBringer- 2 (willows_weep, Fuldu)
Wacky- 1 (Mgm)
Flying Dutchman- 1 (Talitha)

Not voting (6)- Fishbulb, ralphmerridew, MMCL, PeaceBringer, Save The Dragons, Silgado106

8 to lynch.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #548 (isolation #35) » Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:05 am

Post by Norinel »

I saw the post before it got editted, and I think Nanook quoted most of it. Editted that post to address it.

Vote Count

Fuldu- 7 (lulu muumuu, the silent speaker, Wacky, Flying Dutchman, NanookTheWolf, Mgm, Save The Dragons)

Not voting (5)- Fishbulb, ralphmerridew, MMCL, PeaceBringer, Silgado106

8 to lynch.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #550 (isolation #36) » Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:36 am

Post by Norinel »

End of Day Vote Count

Fuldu- 8 (lulu muumuu, the silent speaker, Wacky, Flying Dutchman, NanookTheWolf, Mgm, Save The Dragons, Fishbulb)

Not voting (4)- ralphmerridew, MMCL, PeaceBringer, Silgado106

8 to lynch.

10. Werewolfs are cool. (PeaceBringer's wording, STD & King Enigma expressed similar sentiments)
9. It's two, two, two roles in one! (FD, Fishbulb, tss's sentiments, my wording)
8. Wacky can't count. (The fourth of Wacky's ten reasons)

Village Day 1/Town Night 2:

Everyone is a little disoriented from the quick return to day, (And the mod is a little disoriented by the quick return to night; things are still busy.), but the arguments come, if a bit sputtery. After a little bit of déja vu in a look at PeaceBringer and a little bit of mass confusion, the village finally decides to repeat the town's strategy of lynching someone who won't give anything up. At least this time, it looks like he didn't have anything to give.

Fuldu (Villager) - lynched Day 1 in the Village

It is now Night 2 in the Village, send choices by the end of the Town's Day.

So fourteen go to sleep again, and a slightly different fourteen wake up. Wait, fourteen? Indeed, the same fourteen who went to sleep in the town made it through the night, somehow. How will this affect the town's strategy? Can the town forget either yesterday? Who will be lynched... next?

No one died in the Town. It is now Day 2 in the Town, 8 to lynch.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #586 (isolation #37) » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:02 am

Post by Norinel »

Vote Count:

MMCL- 8 (Mgm, Save The Dragons, NanookTheWolf, Wacky, willows_weep, lulu muumuu, Fuldu, Flying Dutchman)
NanookTheWolf- 2 (MMCL, KingEnigma)

Not voting (4)- PeaceBringer, Fishbulb, Silgado106, ralphmerridew

Well, that's "hastily". The Town's Day is suspended so the Village's Night can catch up. Get Village choices in in, say,
72 hours
; (More than 5 because strictly observing it would put it on Thanksgiving) I'll post the deathscene then.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #587 (isolation #38) » Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:52 am

Post by Norinel »

8. Wacky can't count. (The fourth of Wacky's ten reasons)
7. Dichotomafia has a much cooler name. (MMCL)

Town Day 2/Village Night 2:

The town converges on MMCL quickly, almost as if they had been discussing lynching him all night. So quickly, in fact, that right before actually hanging him, somebody points out that they had some unfinished business to take care of. Everyone takes a little break and leaves MMCL hanging (Almost literally) for a while.

Things reconverge slowly, but eventually they get around to hanging MMCL, and digging up the investigative materials he had lying around the house.

MMCL (Cop) - lynched Day 2 in the Town.

It is now Night 3 in the Town, send choices by the end of the Village's Day.

As one might expect, the town and village populations stay even; the village resident to not show up at the village meeting is willows_weep. Her house is full of investigative materials too, just of a slightly more mystical nature.

willows_weep (Seer) - mauled Night 2 in the Village.

It is now Day 2 in the Village, 7 to lynch.

(Seer is Cop, and Cop is Seer, if it weren't obvious.)
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #629 (isolation #39) » Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:35 am

Post by Norinel »

Vote Count

Flying Dutchman- 3 (the silent speaker, Talitha, Save The Dragons)
Wacky- 3 (NanookTheWolf, lulu muumuu, Mgm)
PeaceBringer- 1 (Flying Dutchman)
NanookTheWolf- 1 (Wacky)

Not voting (5)- Fishbulb, MMCL, PeaceBringer, ralphmerridew, Silgado106

7 to lynch.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #638 (isolation #40) » Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:18 pm

Post by Norinel »

Wacky wrote:Mod: could you possibly provide links to starts and ends of days? It would help figurig out which game is which when rereading.
Done, in the front post. I will forget to update it, probably more than once.
And what is the werewolf equivalent of "Flying Pumpkin that shoots Lazers out of its Ass"?
Flying
WERE
pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of Its Ass.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #651 (isolation #41) » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:19 am

Post by Norinel »

Prodding MMCL.

Vote Count

Flying Dutchman- 4 (the silent speaker, Talitha, Save The Dragons, ralphmerridew)
Wacky- 4 (NanookTheWolf, lulu muumuu, Mgm, PeaceBringer)
NanookTheWolf- 1 (Flying Dutchman)
the silent speaker- 1 (Fishbulb)

Not voting (3)- MMCL, Silgado106, Wacky

7 to lynch.
Last edited by Norinel on Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #679 (isolation #42) » Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:16 pm

Post by Norinel »

PeaceBringer wrote:good lord this game has crawled to a grinding halt.
Yup, time to give this game a long-overdue shot in the arm. (You posted this as I compose this post, which means I'm only prodding eight people) I'm sorry to not have gotten to this days ago.

Vote Count

lulu muumuu- 4 (Wacky, PeaceBringer, Talitha, ralphmerridew)
Flying Dutchman- 2 (the silent speaker, Save The Dragons)
Wacky- 2 (NanookTheWolf, lulu muumuu)
NanookTheWolf- 1 (Flying Dutchman)

Not voting (3)- Mgm, MMCL, Silgado106

7 to lynch.

Last posted dates:

Fishbulb- 12/13
Flying Dutchman- 12/11
lulu muumuu- 12/6

Mgm- 12/13
MMCL- 12/9
NanookTheWolf- 12/9

PeaceBringer- 12/17
ralphmerridew- 12/14
Save The Dragons- 12/10
Silgado106- 11/22

Talitha- 12/13
the silent speaker- 12/6
Wacky- 12/10

Everyone in red's getting a prod, with a 48-hour restriction instead of 72. Yes, yes, weekend/holiday slowdown and all that, but most of y'all are quite active and haven't said anything about specific stuff. STD and Silgado've posted things in V/LA that may still be in effect, which may or may not save them.

This Day will end in 2004, but I'm not going to lay down a specific deadline yet.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #687 (isolation #43) » Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:47 pm

Post by Norinel »

Of the two proddees who haven't posted, lulu's read the prod and I just poked MMCL via AIM.

I'll be gone from the 21st to the 26th, but I'm not exactly sure I want to burden anyone else with trying to keep the games straight from the modding standpoint. If someone with Theme Park modpowers would lock the thread if a lynch is reached, that'd be great.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #688 (isolation #44) » Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:51 pm

Post by Norinel »

Coron replaces lulu muumuu, and gets some lasting gratitude action for agreeing to in minutes what a general plea in the replacement thread couldn't get in days.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #700 (isolation #45) » Sun Dec 26, 2004 3:41 pm

Post by Norinel »

Hi, I'm back and all that. A bunch more people'll probably be getting prods tomorrow morning.

Deadline: 108 hours from this post.
(4.5 days from now, which is still in 2004 for most of the world) Don't say I didn't warn you.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #715 (isolation #46) » Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:20 am

Post by Norinel »

About 50 hours to deadline.

Vote Count

Coron- 6 (Wacky, PeaceBringer, Talitha, ralphmerridew, Flying Dutchman, NanookTheWolf)
Flying Dutchman- 2 (Save The Dragons, Coron)

Not voting (4)- Mgm, MMCL, Silgado106, the silent speaker

7 to lynch.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #727 (isolation #47) » Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:48 am

Post by Norinel »

I'd make the case that my primary responsibility with prodding/replacing is only to make sure people are actually following the game and other things should be left up to the players, but none of the three Coron listed have posted in about the same time frame, and Wacky's the only one who's notified AFAICT.

Reprodding MMCL and Silgado, and retracting the deadline until they're accounted for. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I should've done this a few days ago.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #736 (isolation #48) » Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:18 am

Post by Norinel »

Seeking replacements for MMCL and Silgado.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #744 (isolation #49) » Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:50 am

Post by Norinel »

I did get an apology PM from MMCL, but it sounds like he'll still want a replacement. halfpint'll be back Sunday, and will hopefully be replacing him then, for a deadline around next Friday or so.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #758 (isolation #50) » Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:45 am

Post by Norinel »

Wacky wrote:well, I guess that didn't help much. Well, as soon as people who aren't here are replaced I'd like to see a deadline or something to end the damn day.
I've been trying, but it seems if I keep to the policy of handling all replacements before ending it, we fall into this pattern:

1. I prod five people.
2. Three or four of them post "I'm here, but I don't have anything to say."
3. I spend weeks trying to find a replacement for the other one or two.
4. During that time, five more people disappear.
5. Go back to step 1.

Thus, even though I'm prodding NanookTheWolf, PeaceBringer, Fishbulb, Save The Dragons and Flying Dutchman, I'll deadline once I get someone to replace MMCL.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #774 (isolation #51) » Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:48 am

Post by Norinel »

FD was already voting Coron. No sign of Nanook, but he did pick up his pm.

Vote Count

Coron- 6 (Wacky, PeaceBringer, Talitha, ralphmerridew, NanookTheWolf, Flying Dutchman)
PeaceBringer- 1 (Mgm)
NanookTheWolf- 1 (the silent speaker)

Not voting (5)- Fishbulb, MMCL, Silgado106

7 to lynch.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #781 (isolation #52) » Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:59 am

Post by Norinel »

9. It's two, two, two roles in one! (FD, Fishbulb, tss)
8. Wacky can't count. (Wacky's fourth of ten reasons.)
7. Dichotomafia has a much cooler name (MMCL)
6. I rock the modding scene harder than those mathslamm guys (lulu muumuu, similar sentiments expressed by ralphmerridew)

End of Day Vote Count

Coron- 7 (Wacky, PeaceBringer, Talitha, ralphmerridew, NanookTheWolf, Flying Dutchman, Mgm)
NanookTheWolf- 1 (the silent speaker)

Not voting (5)- Fishbulb, MMCL, Silgado106

7 to lynch.

Village Day 2/Town Night 3

After a day that seems to last weeks, the village finally turns on Coron like a group of people who just want to get it over with. And they do, and they hang him up, but he doesn't die immediately despite the whole being hanged thing. Then someone remembers that they had some silver-lined rope lying around from the last werewolf infestation, which does the trick nicely.

Coron (Replacing lulu muumuu) (Werewolf) - lynched by the Village Day 2

It is now Night 3 in the Village, send choices.

So back in the Town, everyone finds that the numbers there have been also reduced to twelve. Another ordinary house with another ordinary but dead person, Silgado106 this time.

Silgado106 (Townie) - shot Night 3 in the Town.

It is now Day 3 in the Town, 7 to lynch.

(3 guesses what the mafia role that corresponds to Werewolf is, and the first two don't count.)
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #796 (isolation #53) » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:57 am

Post by Norinel »

ralphmerridew wrote:Mod, could you prod everyone who hasn't posted yet today, specifically including but not limited to willows_weep?
Okay, even though willows has already posted today. Actually, the only two that haven't are Flying Dutchman and PeaceBringer, and I know FD's been busy lately. Still prodding both on general principles.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #828 (isolation #54) » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:45 am

Post by Norinel »

Considering a deadline. Seeking a replacement for Flying Dutchman, prodding KingEnigma, hoping PeaceBringer and Fishbulb will come out of the woodwork soon.

Vote Count:

NanookTheWolf- 4 (Wacky, Mgm, ralphmerridew, willows_weep)

Not voting (8): Save The Dragons, Flying Dutchman, Fuldu, KingEnigma, PeaceBringer, Fishbulb, NanookTheWolf, Coron

7 to lynch.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #831 (isolation #55) » Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:31 am

Post by Norinel »

Mastermind of Sin replaces Flying Dutchman.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #838 (isolation #56) » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:12 pm

Post by Norinel »

FD's vote doesn't count because he's no longer playing. Just in case you weren't posting because you thought it was twilight:

Not the end of day
Vote Count:

NanookTheWolf- 6 (Wacky, Mgm, ralphmerridew, willows_weep, PeaceBringer, Save The Dragons)

Not voting (6): Save The Dragons, Mastermind of Sin, Fuldu, KingEnigma, Fishbulb, NanookTheWolf, Coron

7 to lynch.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #840 (isolation #57) » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:37 pm

Post by Norinel »

That was quick.

End of Day Vote Count:

NanookTheWolf- 7 (Wacky, Mgm, ralphmerridew, willows_weep, PeaceBringer, Save The Dragons, Coron)

Not voting (5): Save The Dragons, Mastermind of Sin, Fuldu, KingEnigma, Fishbulb, NanookTheWolf

7 to lynch.

6. I rock the modding scene harder than those mathslamm guys (lulu muumuu, similar sentiments expressed by ralphmerridew)
5. Dichotomafia is not penguin excrement. (Inspired by IS)

Town Day 3/Village Night 3

For actions of days past that seemed like months passed, the town converges on NanookTheWolf. Eventually, they manage to lynch him despite a little bit of confusion with the ghost of Mastermind Of Sin's past life trying to cast the penultimate vote. By the fancy exterior of his mansion and the Mafia records inside of it, the town's hopes seem to have been realized.

NanookTheWolf (Godfather) - lynched by the town Day 3

It is now Night 4 in the town, send choices by the end of the Village's Day.

The villagers awaken, not expecting nearly as good a night as the townsfolk had the day. Their expecations are also realized; Wacky has apparently been torn to pieces while intently perusing his "Saving People From Werewolf Attack For Dummies" book.

Wacky (Apprentice Healer) - mauled Night 3 in the Village

It is now Day 3 in the Village, 6 to lynch.

Apprentice Healer is Nurse, standard backup doc.

Some people ought to be prodded and/or replaced, and I need to go dig up the next member of the Top 10 list, but that'll have to wait until tomorrow morning or so.
Last edited by Norinel on Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #858 (isolation #58) » Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:29 am

Post by Norinel »

Prodding Fishbulb, seeking replacements for MMCL, NanookTheWolf, and Silgado106.

Vote Count:

Save The Dragons- 2 (ralphmerridew, the silent speaker)
Mastermind of Sin- 1 (Talitha)

Not voting (8): Save The Dragons, Mastermind of Sin, Mgm, PeaceBringer, Fishbulb, silgado106, MMCL, NanookTheWolf

6 to lynch.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #860 (isolation #59) » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:08 am

Post by Norinel »

SpeedyKQ replaces MMCL.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #871 (isolation #60) » Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:43 am

Post by Norinel »

Replacing someone in this game is now a good way to make them return to the site after a long absence.

Still seeking replacements for NanookTheWolf and Silgado106, but as I said the other day, that doesn't stop me from:

Deadline: 8 days, retractable.

Vote Count:

Save The Dragons- 3 (ralphmerridew, the silent speaker, Mgm)

Not voting (7): Save The Dragons, Mastermind of Sin, PeaceBringer, Fishbulb, silgado106, MMCL, NanookTheWolf

6 to lynch, 3 at deadline.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #881 (isolation #61) » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:10 am

Post by Norinel »

ralphmerridew has requested replacement. Six days to deadline.

Might as well throw in a
Vote Count:

Save The Dragons- 4 (ralphmerridew, the silent speaker, Mgm, SpeedyKQ)

Not voting (6): Save The Dragons, Mastermind of Sin, Fishbulb, silgado106, NanookTheWolf, PeaceBringer

Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #905 (isolation #62) » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:43 am

Post by Norinel »

24 hours, give or take a little bit. Activity spike is good, but I think it's of the sort that'd go away without a deadline.

Vote Count:

ralphmerridew- 3 (SpeedyKQ, Mastermind of Sin, Fishbulb)
SpeedyKQ- 1 (ralphmerridew)
Mastermind of Sin- 1 (PeaceBringer)
Fishbulb- 1 (Talitha)

Not voting (4): Save The Dragons, silgado106, NanookTheWolf, the silent speaker

Remember: If there's a tie at deadline, the first person to reach that number of votes (Or higher, in case the reason they're there was that someone unvoted) is lynched.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #920 (isolation #63) » Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:27 am

Post by Norinel »

Well, the deadline passed about 7.5 hours ago, although technical difficulties prevented me from getting on sooner. Sorry about that. All posts/votes (rm's 913 was the last) and PMs after the deadline have been disregarded.

End of Day Vote Count:

Fishbulb- 3 (Talitha, ralphmerridew, the silent speaker)
Save The Dragons- 2 (Mgm, SpeedyKQ)
alphmerridew- 1 (Fishbulb)
Mastermind of Sin- 1 (PeaceBringer)

Not voting (4): Save The Dragons, silgado106, Mastermind of Sin, NanookTheWolf

Village Day 3/Town Night 4:

As another long day passes, the tension mounts and shifts like volcanic pressure: rather slowly. With the approaching sunset, things begin to move a little more quickly; the village's attention turns towards Save The Dragons, then on ralphmerridew. The latter in turn, even as the sun is setting, claims his defense in allegiance to an ancient mason lodge, directing his own suspicions at Fishbulb. Somehow, he gets just enough support at the last minute to put Fishbulb in harm's way instead of himself...

...and the normal rope fails where yesterday's silver again succeeds. By the mysteriously missing livestock brought to his home, it appears Fishbulb led the pack instead of merely being a part of it.

Fishbulb (Alpha) - lynched Day 3 by the Village.

It is now Night 4 in the Village, send choices by the end of the Town's day.

(Alpha = Godfather)

The town awakens, wondering how long their (Combined with the village) spree of lynching the leaders of the groups that've tormented them can continue. One thing they don't wonder about for long is who died in the previous night; a head count reveals Wacky as the missing one. He's found in his house on the outskirts of town, surrounded by boxes that would never be unpacked.

Wacky (Outsider) - shot Night 4 in the Town.

It is now Day 4 in the Town, 6 to lynch.

(Outsider is a slightly simplified form of the role I used in Mini 73; basically a rolename investigator who'd appear guilty to investigations)

As another sidenote, this explains why I've had such a dire replacement situation; it took six full game Days and many months, and we're finally down to fifteen players in the game.
Norinel wrote:Activity spike is good, but I think it's of the sort that'd go away without a deadline.
Please prove me wrong. Courtesy prods going out to everyone alive in the Town but not the Village.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #929 (isolation #64) » Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:15 am

Post by Norinel »

*bump*

Prodding Mastermind of Sin and Mgm, seeking replacements for KingEnigma and Silgado106.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #959 (isolation #65) » Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:33 am

Post by Norinel »

Vote Count

Coron- 3 (Mastermind of Sin, Save The Dragons, Fuldu)
Save The Dragons- 1 (ralphmerridew)
Mastermind of Sin- 1 (Coron)
Fuldu- 1 (PeaceBringer)

Not voting (4)- Fishbulb, KingEnigma, Mgm, willows_weep

6 to lynch.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #976 (isolation #66) » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:05 am

Post by Norinel »

A quickie
Vote Count

Save The Dragons- 4 (ralphmerridew, Coron, Fishbulb, PeaceBringer)
Coron- 2 (Mastermind of Sin, Fuldu)

Not voting (4)- KingEnigma, Mgm, Save The Dragons, willows_weep

6 to lynch.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #984 (isolation #67) » Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:54 am

Post by Norinel »

I was cutting some slack for Easter/spring breakish things. Still might be.

Prodding KingEnigma (Who appears to have returned) and willows_weep. Everyone else is either gone until today (Or Sunday, in MoS's case) or posted semirecently (In the thread if they're alive in the Town, elsewhere on the site if they're not).

Silgado106 is still up for replacement.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #989 (isolation #68) » Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:32 am

Post by Norinel »

halfpint replaces Silgado106. If KE and willows show up, we won't need any more replacements.

Edit: Blargh, KE's requested replacement.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1009 (isolation #69) » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:02 am

Post by Norinel »

Coron wrote:Fuldu, you need to unvote before you vote again.
I consider unvotes preferred but not necessary. Mgm wasn't voting, though.

End of Day Vote Count

Save The Dragons- 6 (ralphmerridew, Coron, Fishbulb, PeaceBringer, Fuldu, Mgm)
Coron- 1 (Mastermind of Sin)

Not voting (3)- KingEnigma, Save The Dragons, willows_weep

6 to lynch.

I'd considered suspension in light of recent access difficulties, but everyone's had plenty of time to send choices.

Town Day 4/Village Night 4

After the townsfolk one by one decide on a victim, another endless-seeming day is punctuated by the lynching of Save The Dragons. Somehow, their posthumous investigation of his motives leads to the house of Nanook; he seems to be guilty of far greater crimes than the thievery he'd claimed.

Save The Dragons (Mafia) - lynched Day 4 by the Town

It is now Night 5 in the Town, send choices by the end of the Village's Day.

The village gathers to find, for once, two of their number missing. The first is Talitha, who is found in many pieces, including her membership card to The Incredibly Secret Village Mason Lodge.

Talitha (Mason) - mauled Night 4 in the Village

The second is SpeedyKQ, who is found shot in a decidedly non-werewolflike fashion. Unfortunately, he could save others but not himself.

SpedyKQ (Healer)- shot Night 4 in the Village

It is now Day 4 in the Village, 5 to lynch.

(Healer is Doctor.)
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1017 (isolation #70) » Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:33 pm

Post by Norinel »

Mastermind of Sin replaced Flying Dutchman a while back.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1028 (isolation #71) » Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:29 pm

Post by Norinel »

Mgm wrote:Norinel, could you please update the front post and remove FD from it?
Where? I only see "Mastermind of Sin (Replacing Flying Dutchman)" in both alive lists.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1036 (isolation #72) » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:07 pm

Post by Norinel »

Uraj45 replaces KingEnigma.

Quick & lazy
Vote Count

Mgm- 2 (the silent speaker, Save The Dragons)

Not voting- everyone else

5 to lynch
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1066 (isolation #73) » Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:22 am

Post by Norinel »

Still replacing willows, prodding PeaceBringer, glaring vaguely at halfpint and ralphmerridew.

Not as quick, just as lazy
Vote Count

Mgm- 2 (the silent speaker, Save The Dragons)
the silent speaker- 1 (Mgm)

5 to lynch
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1093 (isolation #74) » Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:01 am

Post by Norinel »

The mod bumping the game is bad.

Vote Count

Mgm- 1 (the silent speaker)
the silent speaker- 1 (Mgm)

5 to lynch
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1096 (isolation #75) » Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:30 pm

Post by Norinel »

The mod bumping the game, with only one player posting in almost a week, is very bad.

Deadline: 7 days from this post
. Hoping this will pull people out of the woodwork, not enough time to send out prods in the next day or two.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1098 (isolation #76) » Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:47 pm

Post by Norinel »

Prodding everyone alive in the Village except tss and Mgm.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1109 (isolation #77) » Sun May 01, 2005 7:58 am

Post by Norinel »

Please remember that I do not generally approve of posting during twilight, even when it's extended due to mod absence or the like. The final vote was PeaceBringer's post 1104; all votes and PMs after that time have been ignored.

End of Day Vote Count

Mastermind of Sin- 5 (Mgm, the silent speaker, NanookTheWolf, Save The Dragons, PeaceBringer)

5 to lynch

Village Day 4, Town Night 5

I'm sorry; I'm just in a blagh feeling after getting back. So have a placeholder deathscene as I give the important stuff to keep the game moving and such.

Mastermind of Sin (Werewolf) - lynched Day 4 by the Village.

It is now Night 5 in the Village, send choices by the end of the town's Day.

And for the Town:

Mgm (Mason) - shot Night 5 in the Town.

Mastermind of Sin (Mason) - mauled Night 5 in the Town.

(Which was, for reasons of mod error, replaced with:)

PeaceBringer (Roleblocker) - shot Night 5 in the Town.

Mgm (Mason) - mauled Night 5 in the Town.

It is now Day 5 in the town, 4 to lynch.
Last edited by Norinel on Tue May 03, 2005 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1113 (isolation #78) » Sun May 01, 2005 1:17 pm

Post by Norinel »

Fuldu wrote:
Mod
- What is the Town equivalent of Apprentice Healer?
Nurse
What is the Town equivalent of Seer?
Cop
What is the Village equivalent of Outsider?
Shaman
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1119 (isolation #79) » Mon May 02, 2005 12:11 am

Post by Norinel »

I'll take another look at the kill choices from last night and see if a correction needs to made and, if so, how to do it.
Fuldu wrote:
Mod
: What is the
Village
equivalent of Werewolf?
Mafia.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1121 (isolation #80) » Mon May 02, 2005 12:43 am

Post by Norinel »

All right, it looks like I screwed something up (Not on Sunday, though), so I'll be contacting the affected parties.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1129 (isolation #81) » Mon May 02, 2005 11:59 pm

Post by Norinel »

All right, problem solved with sledgehammer. Here's what
really
happened last Night in the Town: (Still no time for deathscenes, but I'll make a darn good one for all this trouble)

PeaceBringer (Roleblocker) - shot Night 5 in the Town

Mgm (Mason) - mauled Night 5 in the Town

It is now Day, 4 to lynch.

So PB is dead, and MoS isn't, and Mgm was mauled instead of shot; the info that had the set of choices I mistakenly entered been resolved, MoS would've died and revealed as a mason, can't be pulled out of the game.
Mod: What is the Village equivalent of Flying Pumpkin?
Asked and answered.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1136 (isolation #82) » Thu May 05, 2005 12:23 am

Post by Norinel »

I'd talked to Fishbulb on BSW to tell him that the Day had begun, but I'll prod him as well.

willows has been on the replacement list for a while, but I'll start individual solicitations (Which I hate) as the Queue replacement thread hasn't helped any.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1137 (isolation #83) » Fri May 06, 2005 11:32 am

Post by Norinel »

Sigh. willows_weep is to be replaced, Fishbulb is limited access, nobody else is excused from not posting AFAIK. I believe it's just a matter of getting the last couple to check in, but there'll probably be a deadline once they do.

Running down my list of people I might be able to talk into replacing in.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1150 (isolation #84) » Wed May 11, 2005 12:43 am

Post by Norinel »

Because we don't have enough ex-masons returning to the town already, Talitha II replaces willows_weep.

(Desperate times call for desperate measures, and of the ex-players who tentatively agreed to replace, she has the least incriminating unrevealed information)

Deadline coming soon to a game near you.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1162 (isolation #85) » Sun May 15, 2005 12:34 am

Post by Norinel »

Deadline: 7 days from this post

No votes.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1171 (isolation #86) » Mon May 16, 2005 11:23 pm

Post by Norinel »

Prodding Uraj and Coron, sort of. 5 days to deadline.

Vote Count:

Fishbulb- 1 (Fuldu)
Fuldu- 1 (Talitha)

Not voting (5): Mastermind of Sin, Uraj45, Fishbulb, Coron, ralphmerridew

4 to lynch.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1176 (isolation #87) » Thu May 19, 2005 11:42 pm

Post by Norinel »

About 48 hours, no vote changes since last count, no reason to extend. 2 to lynch at deadline, if I hadn't said that yet.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1183 (isolation #88) » Sat May 21, 2005 12:05 am

Post by Norinel »

About 23 hours. I don't think I'll be letting rm's vote scheme slide, although it wouldn't affect who would be lynched if the deadline were right now.

Vote Count:

Fuldu- 3 (Talitha, ralphmerridew, Fishbulb)
Fishbulb- 2 (Fuldu, Coron)
ralphmerridew- 1 (Uraj45)

Not voting (1): Mastermind of Sin

4 to lynch, 2 at deadline.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1184 (isolation #89) » Sun May 22, 2005 1:24 am

Post by Norinel »

And with no posts between now and then, it's just like the deadline were right now. End of day count is in the last post.

I missed a couple of these:

4. Two games, good; two mods, bad. (Fuldu)

Town Day 5/Village Night 5

Much confusion, including over who died last night, but the arguments come, if a bit sputtery. Time advances and the sun sets with Fuldu having the most evil glares at him. He is drug to the tree, and it's revealed that nothing about was particularly mafiaish, or townish for that matter.

Fuldu (Townie) - lynched Day 5 by the Town

It is now Night 6 in the Town, send choices by the end of the Village's Day.

And everyone left goes through the town goes to sleep, village wakes up routine again, only to find that, yet again, two do not wake up. The first is NanookTheWolf, who despite his name, has only mystic implements in his house as opposed to wolfish ones.

NanookTheWolf (Seer) - mauled Night 5 in the Village

The second is halfpint, again shot in a non-werewolf like fashion. Apparently, the herbs placed about her house served no deterrent to her killer.

halfpint (Wolfsbane) - shot Night 5 in the Village.

It is now Day 5 in the Village, 3 to lynch.

(Wolfsbane is bulletproof vest, immune to werewolf attacks at night, excepting the endgame massacre.)
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1203 (isolation #90) » Mon May 23, 2005 11:40 pm

Post by Norinel »

Vote Count:

Mgm- 2 (the silent speaker, PeaceBringer)
PeaceBringer- 1 (Mgm)

Not voting (2)- Save The Dragons, ralphmerridew

3 to lynch.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1211 (isolation #91) » Sun May 29, 2005 4:58 am

Post by Norinel »

Deathscene might wait a little bit; I'm again wonked from coming back from a trip and don't want a repeat of yesterday.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1212 (isolation #92) » Mon May 30, 2005 1:42 am

Post by Norinel »

(Good things come... and all)

End of Day Vote Count:

Mgm- 3 (the silent speaker, PeaceBringer, ralphmerridew)
PeaceBringer- 1 (Mgm)

Not voting (1)- Save The Dragons

3 to lynch.

4. Two games, good; two mods, bad. (Fuldu)
3. Dichotomafia does not have blood sucking monsters with tentacles, alien colonists, mutineers, or pirates. (Collated from STD, willows_weep, and Talitha)

Village Day 5/Town Night 6:

Things seem to sort themselves out, as Mgm is the one to receive the village's wrath. After a brief delay to settle some town matters, he accepts his lynching. As it stood, he had little left to reject it with.

As the villagefolk go to sleep, some of them suspect that this will be the last night they have to live in fear, although whether the part that ends is the "in fear" part or the "live" part is yet to be seen.

Mgm (Villager) - lynched Day 5 in the Village.

It is now Night 6 in the Village, send choices by the end of the Town's Day.

The townsfolk awake to find Coron missing. The hunt for his body reveals that he was one of the killers that had struck in the town, though his intentions were greater than those the town would seek.

Coron (One-shot vigilante) - shot Night 6 in the Town.

It is now Day 6 in the Town, 3 to lynch.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1232 (isolation #93) » Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:03 am

Post by Norinel »

No votes yet. Don't make me deadline.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1241 (isolation #94) » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:58 am

Post by Norinel »

MoS has returned and Fishbulb is posting regularly, just not here. Prodding both.

Oh my, a vote!
Vote Count

ralphmerridew- 1 (Uraj45)

Not voting (4): Mastermind of Sin, ralphmerridew, Talitha, Uraj45
Last edited by Norinel on Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1247 (isolation #95) » Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:03 am

Post by Norinel »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:uraj is voting, not fishbulb.
Corrected.

And with this post, I sandwich-post the entire Town playership, all exactly once! How cool is that?
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1256 (isolation #96) » Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:44 am

Post by Norinel »

Let me just double-check
everything

End of Day Vote Count

Uraj45- 3 (Talitha, Fishbulb, ralphmerridew)
raphmerridew- 1 (Uraj45)

Not voting (1): Mastermind of Sin
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1257 (isolation #97) » Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:33 pm

Post by Norinel »

(I wanted some time to write this, too. A weird and experimental endgames deathscene for a weird and experimental game. Bonus points to whoever figures out how to read it.)

Town Day 6/Village Night 6

With the sunrise dawns information, for some at least. To Uraj, should his story of cop be believed, ralphmerridew's guilt is clear. "We don't need to act just yet, but

it's so obvious!"

screams Save The Dragons, barging in through PeaceBringer's door. He has to be the last one! He
has
to! Hopefully he can get there

before anything drastic can happen,

all the options have to be considered, and consider the town does. Logical theories of various sorts come forward, but

very little seems clear-

it's all the fault of the rest of the pack, it must be. They never were much help for PeaceBringer; they went and got themselves killed, and where does that leave him? Even for a ghost of a chance,

there's only one thing that can work;

string up Uraj today, go for someone else tomorrow. At least that's how Talitha makes it seem. Some combination of her points and her darling accent wins over Fishbulb, reluctantly

going along with that turn of events,

PeaceBringer awaits STD with open claws, perhaps not as much of a welcoming nature. The silver bullet is ready, but so are PB's inhuman reflexes- cursing his energy fading away, lunging towards his assailant,

with his final gesture clawing

at the rope that binds him, Uraj finally gives up, and ralphmerridew and Talitha finally have the advantage of numbers they've needed.

It's all over.

Nothing in PeaceBringer's house survived that night. Ralphmerridew and the silent speaker wake up with a little bit of hope, and find it in

dealing with the two last victims,

Fishbulb and Mastermind of Sin, is just a matter of a few quick bullets. Nothing interesting about Fishbulb, but looking through Mastermind of Sin's possessions, almost as an afterthought,

ralphmerridew tears up the mason membership card.

"We don't need it any more, right?

It's just us now."
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1258 (isolation #98) » Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:37 pm

Post by Norinel »

In other words:

Uraj45 (Cop) - lynched Day 6 by the Town. Mastermind of Sin (Mason) and Fishbulb (Townie) are killed in endgame.

Mafia (ralphmerridew, Talitha II, NanookTheWolf, Save The Dragons) wins!

Save The Dragons (Vigilante) - mauled Night 6 in the Village. PeaceBringer (Werewolf) - shot Night 6 in the Village.

Village (Survived by ralphmerridew and the silent speaker) wins!

So the Mafia Village (All the Mafia, as it turned out) gets the full win, and the Town Village (Everyone except the Mafia and the Werewolves) gets the half win. ralphmerridew survives both games, which is pretty awesome. I'll go nominate him for a Scummy once I figure out how to propose the Best Performance- Other category.

Full info to come. Discuss.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1263 (isolation #99) » Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:26 am

Post by Norinel »

I think going with a mini would deal with some of the game's problems, but I'd probably make the mechanics more complicated if I run it again. (Trichotomafia, anyone?)
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1268 (isolation #100) » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:27 am

Post by Norinel »

Oh, and formal final results, complete with poor formatting. Most notably, (If you hadn't realized it already) Uraj was insane, MMCL was paranoid, willlows was naive, and Nanook was sane. Dethy set amongst the two games, but the useless cops didn't last long enough to make that obvious.

Roles:

Town:

Godfather (1)- NanookTheWolf
Mafia (3)- ralphmerridew, willows_weep, Save The Dragons

You are in the Mafia, composed of NanookTheWolf, the Godfather, ralphmerridew, willows_weep, and Save The Dragons, ranked in that order. You may communicate with any or all of your surviving fellow Mafia during the Town's nights. It is the sole responsibility of the highest-ranking surviving Mafia member to send the choice of whom to send to kill whom each night, and that member's decision cannot be overruled. You may choose not to kill. The Godfather is immune to both nightkills and investigations; a rolename investigation will turn up Townie.

You are anti-town; you win when the death of those not on your side becomes inevitable.

Confirm and send your Night 1 choice by PM.

Notes:

I don't normally do common pms, but it's easier in a normalish game. The cannot be overruled bit is in case the Mafia decides the GF is a wolf and is using the mafia kill to the wolves' advantage or something.

Mason (2)- Mgm, Flying Dutchman

You are in the Town's Mason lodge, composed of Mgm and Flying Dutchman. You may communicate with your fellow mason during the Town's nights, and you know your partner to be pro-town.

Confirm by PM.

Insane Cop (1)- Uraj45
Paranoid Cop (1)- MMCL

You are a Cop. Each night, you may investigate a person to learn whether or not they are in the Mafia. Your sanity is unknown.

Doctor (1)- Talitha

You are a Doctor. Each night, you may protect a person from attack.

Outsider (1)- Wacky

You are an Outsider (See Mini 73). Each night, you may investigate a person to determine their rolename. You turn up guilty to investigations. Your sanity is unknown.

Notes:

Sane, gets Townie for the GF.

One-Shot Vigilante (1)- lulu muumuu

You are a One-Shot Vigilante. On one night, you may attempt to kill one other player.

Roleblocker (1)- PeaceBringer

You are a Roleblocker. Each night, you may prevent a player's night action from functioning.

Townie (4)- Fishbulb, the silent speaker, Fuldu, silgado106

You are a Townie. No powers to speak of.

Confirm by PM.

Village:

Alpha (1)- Fishbulb
Werewolf (3)- PeaceBringer, Flying Dutchman, lulu muumuu

You are in the local pack of werewolves, composed of Fishbulb, the Alpha, PeaceBringer, Flying Dutchman, and lulu muumuu, ranked in that order. You may communicate with any or all of your surviving fellow werewolves during the Village's nights. It is the sole responsibility of the highest-ranking surviving werewolf to send the choice of whom to send to kill whom each night, and that member's decision cannot be overruled. You may choose not to kill. The Alpha is immune to both nightkills and investigations; a rolename investigation will turn up Villager.

You are anti-village; you win when the death of those not on your side becomes inevitable.

Confirm by PM or in the thread and PM your Night 1 choice.

Mason (3)- ralphmerridew, Talitha, the silent speaker

You are in the Village's Mason lodge, composed of ralphmerridew, Talitha and the silent speaker. You may communicate with your fellow masons during the Village's nights, and you know your partners to be pro-village.

You are pro-village; you win when the threats to the Village have been eliminated.

Sane Seer (1)- NanookTheWolf
Naive Seer (1)- willows_weep

You are a Seer. Each night, you may peer into the mind of one player to determine whether or not they are a werewolf. Your sanity is unknown.

Healer (1)- MMCL

You are a Healer. Each night, you may protect a person from attack.

Apprentice Healer (1)- Wacky

You are an Apprentice Healer. When any Healer dies, you will gain protection abilities.

Vigilante (1)- Save The Dragons

You are a Vigilante. Each night, you may kill one other player.

Wolfsbane (1)- silgado106

You possess Wolfsbane. You cannot be killed by the werewolves at night, although this will not protect you when and if the village is outnumbered.

Villager (3)- Mgm, Fuldu, Uraj45

You are a Villager. No powers to speak of.

Aggregate roles:

Save The Dragons Mafia #4 Vigilante
Flying Dutchman Mason Werewolf #3
Mgm Mason Villager
Fuldu Townie Villager
KingEnigma Cop (Insane) Villager
willows_weep Mafia #3 Seer (Naive)
Talitha Doctor Mason
PeaceBringer Roleblocker Werewolf #2
Fishbulb Townie Alpha
the silent speaker Townie Mason
silgado106 Townie Wolfsbane
MMCL Cop (Paranoid) Healer
NanookTheWolf Godfather Seer (Sane)
lulu muumuu One-shot Vig Werewolf #4
Wacky Outsider Apprentice Healer
ralphmerridew Mafia #2 Mason

Distribution Notes:

No mafia werewolves, which would've made things more interesting. But there is a mafia mason and a werewolf mason. The village mason group could interesting- scum, townie, doc. Strangely enough, both vigs are the lowest-ranking evil in the other game.

Town Night 1:

Mafia Summaries:

Mason Summaries:

No notable discussion.

Town Choices:

Mafia (Nanook, ralphmerridew, willows_weep, Save The Dragons): Kill tss with w_w
Insane Cop (Uraj45): Investigate Talitha
Paranoid Cop (MMCL): Investigate Talitha
Doctor (Talitha): Protect Wacky
Outsider (Wacky): Investigate Fuldu
Vigilante (lulu muumuu): No kill
Blocker (PeaceBringer): Block Uraj45

Results: tss (Townie) is shot. Wacky gets "Townie", MMCL gets "Mafia", Uraj gets no result.

Notes: In general, it's not considered good to randomly block N1; this time, it hit the useful cop.

Town Day 1, Village Night 1:

Werewolf Summaries:

Mason Summaries:
ralphmerridew wrote:Conversation with tallyvision at 2004-09-28 20:23:28 on ralphmerridew (aim)
(20:23:36) ralphmerridew: Talitha?
(20:23:36) Tallyvision logged in.
(20:24:29) Tallyvision: yep
(20:24:53) ralphmerridew: Anything to discuss about Dichotomafia?
(20:25:22) Tallyvision: hmmm
(20:28:03) Tallyvision: Not that I can think of.. except I'm very confused about MMCL.. wondering if its a lepton's gambit but dont really think so
(20:28:11) Tallyvision: you?
(20:28:35) ralphmerridew: Well, I don't consider myself that great of a player.
(20:29:19) ralphmerridew: And, if I really analyze it, I'm really more annoyed by PeaceBringer's behavior than suspicious.
(20:30:44) ralphmerridew: So no, I don't have any worthwhile suspicions yet.
(20:30:59) Tallyvision: yeah.. I have played 2 games with him so far.. in the game i thought he was scum, he was town, in the game i thought he was town, he was scum
(20:31:10) Tallyvision: so I dont trust my judgement where he is concerned
(20:31:12) ralphmerridew: Do you think he's scum this game?
(20:31:34) ralphmerridew: Snap judgement.
(20:31:39) Tallyvision: no
(20:31:43) Tallyvision: but like i said...
(20:31:47) Tallyvision: *shrug*
(20:31:58) ralphmerridew: If you're consistent, that makes him scum this game.
(20:32:32) Tallyvision: maybe.. but maybe I've learned about his style a little
(20:33:51) Tallyvision: brb
(20:33:55) ralphmerridew: Okay.
(20:34:09) Tallyvision logged out.
(20:36:55) Tallyvision logged in.
(20:41:00) Tallyvision: It's going to be weird trying to separate the 2 games. For all I know you could be scum in the town
(20:41:15) ralphmerridew: Ditto.
(20:41:17) Tallyvision: But I have to trust you in the village
(20:41:28) Tallyvision: Really different game
(20:41:37) ralphmerridew: Gee, I'm starting to sound like a fan of Rush Limbaugh.
(20:42:02) Tallyvision: who's that?
(20:42:20) ralphmerridew: Ultra-conservative radio host.
(20:42:36) Tallyvision: never heard of him!
(20:42:43) ralphmerridew: Where are you from?
(20:43:20) Tallyvision: New Zealand
(20:43:35) ralphmerridew: Well, he's very prominent in the US.
(20:43:50) ralphmerridew: I can understand if he's obscure in NZ.
(20:43:52) Tallyvision: :)
(20:44:15) ralphmerridew: His fans have a reputation for blindly agreeing with anything he says.
(20:44:28) Tallyvision: heh
(20:44:45) ralphmerridew: He calls them "Dittoheads", and one phrase they use when agreeing with him is "mega dittos".
(20:45:04) Tallyvision: hehe
(20:45:54) ralphmerridew: He might have ended his show within recent years; I know he went deaf in his left ear; I believe he admitted to a problem with prescription painkillers.
(20:47:45) Tallyvision: There's so many American household names that I havent heard of...
(20:47:56) Tallyvision: not just people
(20:50:16) ralphmerridew: So, should we try to go after MMCL? Or PB? Or just wait and see for now?
(20:51:55) Tallyvision: I think we need to see some of the other players in action.. the ones who post plenty will be easier to catch if they are scum
(20:54:05) ralphmerridew: okay.
(20:54:14) ralphmerridew: CUL8r.
(20:54:28) ralphmerridew: And I'll forward this transcript to Norinel.
(20:55:09) Tallyvision: cool
ralphmerridew wrote:Conversation with tallyvision at 2004-10-19 20:16:30 on ralphmerridew (aim)
(20:16:47) ralphmerridew: Talitha?
(20:16:50) Tallyvision: yep
(20:17:26) ralphmerridew: Do you have any idea what sort of result MMCL could have gotten on you?
(20:17:55) Tallyvision: i THINK he's probably a plain old insane or paranoid cop.
(20:18:04) Tallyvision: That is my best guess.
(20:18:23) Tallyvision: But who knows what's really going on
(20:19:30) ralphmerridew: You said that if you claimed, you would be believed. Is that a mason claim?
(20:20:33) Tallyvision: I'm the doctor
(20:20:53) ralphmerridew: Ooh.
(20:21:2 ralphmerridew: This is bad.
(20:21:46) Tallyvision: MMCL knows that I'm claiming to be doc because I sent him a cryptic message about it
(20:21:5 Tallyvision: I hope you're not scum, but I havent really got anything to lose now
(20:22:04) ralphmerridew: How did you send him a cryptic message?
(20:22:36) Tallyvision: something about cubs and sticking to my guns.. its a reference to a previous game
(20:22:42) Tallyvision: long story
(20:22:53) ralphmerridew: MMCL was in that game?
(20:23:05) Tallyvision: yeah
(20:25:59) ralphmerridew: I'm not sure whether you're really the doctor, or if you're scum, but I'll try to derail the bandwagon against you if I can.
(20:26:00) Tallyvision <AUTO-REPLY>: playing games - I'll get back to you
(20:26:53) Tallyvision: I'm not sure if you'll have any luck, but any help is appreciated I am the doctor...
(04:45:11) Tallyvision logged out.
Village Choices:

Werewolves (Fishbulb, PeaceBringer, Flying Dutchman, lulu muumuu): Send FD to kill Uraj45 (10/4)
Sane Seer (Nanook): Investigate Talitha (9/26)
Naive Seer (willows_weep): Investigate Talitha (9/27)
Healer (MMCL): (No choice)
Apprentice Healer (Wacky): (not yet activated)
Vigilante (Save The Dragons): (No choice)

Results: KingEnigma dies by mauling. Nanook and willows get Not a werewolf. tss gets a friendly reminder pm that he's alive again. (Which becames standard practice.)

Notes: PeaceBringer asked how I do mafia kills and blocking; I said that if the mafia member sent to perform the kill is blocked, the kill is blocked. 'Twas tricky to decide how much info to give out. STD asked if he had to kill (vVig). If the seers stick with their choices, Talitha got investigated by four out of five investigators. MMCL is so obviously a cop with a guilty result; unfortunately, he's wrong. (But the Wacky/lulu/Nanook prediction got a scum and a wolf) Why do I not have wolf/healer choices (When the suspension ended)? But with the "I know Talitha's role" bit, MMCL's backtracking the "I AM A COP!!!" statements. (But the Tally/tss discussion reveals that it's a inside comment to MMCL) Hear, hear, Wacky! Discuss the mechanic!

Village Day 1, Town Night 2:

Mafia Summaries:
Conversation with flameraver03 at 2004-10-23 20:28:40 on ralphmerridew (aim)
(20:29:42) ralphmerridew: greets
(20:29:47) willows_weep: heya
(20:29:54) ralphmerridew: did you see the thread?
(20:30:03) ralphmerridew: Scratch one doctor!
(20:30:39) willows_weep: ooo
(20:30:44) willows_weep: what?
(20:30:46) willows_weep: where
(20:30:51) willows_weep: ohh
(20:30:52) ralphmerridew: Dichotomafia.
(20:30:54) willows_weep: heh
(20:30:55) willows_weep: yea
(20:30:59) ralphmerridew: Dr. Talitha was lynched.
(20:31:03) willows_weep: yup
(20:31:10) ralphmerridew: MMCL will likely be next.
(20:31:14) willows_weep: mmcl soooo has to be killed
(20:31:26) ralphmerridew: So, do you think he was an insane cop, or a mafia spy?
(20:31:39) willows_weep: I said maybe he was a night watchman
(20:31:40) ralphmerridew: I doubt the latter, with 4 scum / 16.
(20:31:48) ralphmerridew: Night watchman?
(20:31:51) willows_weep: talitha did go out side mmcl probably followed
(20:32:04) willows_weep: yea I explained this role I know of where you can follow someone at night
(20:32:11) ralphmerridew: Tracker?
(20:32:16) willows_weep: not exactly
(20:32:25) willows_weep: you can potentially save or help a victim
(20:32:34) willows_weep: and you can possibly see the other people around them
(20:32:37) ralphmerridew: But the problem is, MMCL said that, if his information is correct, Talitha is scum.
(20:32:45) willows_weep: true..
(20:32:50) willows_weep: hmm
(20:32:53) willows_weep: so thats out
(20:33:06) willows_weep: but that was really irresponsible of MMCL
(20:33:15) ralphmerridew: Either he's insane / paranoid, or he's evil, and sacrificed himself to get rid of a doctor.
(20:33:23) willows_weep: hopefully Lulu can get lynched too
(20:33:38) willows_weep: perhaps that could be his win condition
(20:33:42) willows_weep: or part of it
(20:34:09) willows_weep: since his coming out in such a way is obviously a hinderance since tally was found innocent and important
(20:34:46) willows_weep: then its possible to view it as a set up
(20:34:51) willows_weep: you know
(20:34:52) willows_weep: ?
(20:35:20) ralphmerridew: Set up? How's that different from my mafia spy suggestion?
(20:35:23) willows_weep: ' why would I be scum when its so obvious that this could be seen as a scummy action? this makes me non scummy because why would scum do that"
(20:35:37) ralphmerridew: Nobody will buy the double negative.
(20:35:45) willows_weep: I didnt hear your mafia spy suggestion
(20:35:48) willows_weep: I know thats the point
(20:35:55) willows_weep: and that is what he has said
(20:36:11) ralphmerridew: The only way he won't get lynched, is if a vig takes him out for us.
(20:36:20) willows_weep: in the most generalist form that is what MMCL has stated from the beginning and what other people are saying
(20:36:23) willows_weep: true
(20:36:32) willows_weep: or someone investigates him and clears him
(20:36:37) willows_weep: he is a likely candidate
(20:36:57) willows_weep: who should we kill
(20:37:42) ralphmerridew: Well, PB is now a semi-confirmed innocent, so we shouldn't let him live too long.
(20:38:00) willows_weep: confirmed or semis are sooo annoying
(20:38:03) ralphmerridew: But first we should try to hunt down the cop.
(20:38:16) willows_weep: what do you think of uraj
(20:38:50) ralphmerridew: He knew he was blocked, so he's slightly more likely to have a role.
(20:38:59) ralphmerridew: Wait - wasn't he replaced by KE?
(20:39:00) willows_weep: or KingEnigma
(20:39:02) willows_weep: ya
(20:39:32) willows_weep: I know but what kind of role do you suppose would be in here of any real consequence to the progress of the town
(20:39:45) ralphmerridew: Another point is that zotting people who are dead in the other universe is slightly better when it comes to cop-hunting.
(20:39:52) willows_weep: theres the rb, the doc
(20:39:57) willows_weep: hm?
(20:40:14) willows_weep: zotting?
(20:40:18) ralphmerridew: If we off anyone else, and get the cop, he can still announce his results in the other thread.
(20:40:27) willows_weep: ohhhh yea forgot
(20:40:27) ralphmerridew: "zot" == "kill"
(20:40:48) ralphmerridew: If we off KE, and he's the cop, his results die with him.
(20:41:29) willows_weep: wonder if there is another doc?
(20:41:37) ralphmerridew: OTOH, if we make a policy of removing the same people as who died in the other uni, then it looks suspicious if one of us dies in only the other uni.
(20:41:47) ralphmerridew: It's possible.
(20:41:56) willows_weep: oh and peacebringer
(20:42:15) ralphmerridew: Semi-cleared, but probably not worth killing yet.
(20:42:39) ralphmerridew: In a game of this size, 2 docs, or a doc and a nurse, is quite possible.
(20:44:34) willows_weep: i want them to kill lulu
(20:44:49) willows_weep: talitha was for it and others who arent too suspicious were too
(20:44:59) willows_weep: and lulu all with the buddying with mmcl
(20:45:16) ralphmerridew: Go for the lulu lynch day 3, or day 2 if the vig offs MMCL?
(20:45:21) willows_weep: dont know how it would work out if its after mmcl
(20:45:25) willows_weep: mhm
(20:45:50) willows_weep: I need to think over my case on lulu some more
(20:46:46) willows_weep: ooo we dont have to have a choice till the village goes into night?
(20:46:56) willows_weep: thats kind of cool
(20:46:58) ralphmerridew: Right.
(20:47:05) ralphmerridew: And we're guaranteed at least five days.
(20:47:10) willows_weep: yay
(20:47:46) willows_weep: good so Ill take some time to comb over the thread and build up my case for whoever Id like to kill or such
(20:47:55) willows_weep: gee does it have to be 14pgs..
(20:47:58) willows_weep: 15
(20:48:12) ralphmerridew: At least it only took a month to go through day 1.
(20:48:22) willows_weep: oooo
(20:48:26) willows_weep: thats howlong it was?
(20:48:29) willows_weep: oh..
(20:48:50) ralphmerridew: Unlike, say, MUNSCM, which is at close to a year, and is still on day 1.
(20:48:52) willows_weep: who are you thinking of nixing
(20:49:02) ralphmerridew: No preference yet.
(20:49:02) willows_weep: whoa..
(20:49:08) willows_weep: thats a while
(20:49:11) willows_weep: oki
(20:50:01) ralphmerridew: I recall somebody said wrt. MUNSCM, that after watching that game, he understood why Bush ignored the UN and invaded Iraq unilaterally.
(20:50:58) willows_weep: hm
(20:51:14) willows_weep: too long for debating no action?
(20:51:42) willows_weep: oh and I do remember now that MMCL does play like that
(20:51:51) ralphmerridew: Does play like what?
(20:51:59) willows_weep: comes out wicked early with stuff then leaves the town to be confused
(20:52:12) willows_weep: the first game I played with him was like that
(20:52:59) willows_weep: lol he always comes off as scummy because of that. It really is irresponsible because you leave the town completely unsure of itself
(20:53:22) willows_weep: but that shouldnt always be done because the town is dependent on the pieces that makes up its whole
(20:53:36) willows_weep: and that just gets them all in a fuss
(20:58:43) ralphmerridew: Well, I'm going to sleep.
(20:59:11) willows_weep: NIGHT NIGHT
(07:43:19) willows_weep logged out.
Conversation with flameraver03 at 2004-10-25 21:18:56 on ralphmerridew (aim)
(21:19:06) ralphmerridew: wills?
(21:19:15) willows_weep: Yup?
(21:19:28) ralphmerridew: Have you talked with either of our fellow scum?
(21:20:23) willows_weep: nope
(21:20:26) willows_weep: I havent seen them
(21:20:37) willows_weep: actually...wait..its nanook and er...?
(21:39:41) ralphmerridew: STD
(21:39:50) ralphmerridew: save the dragons
(21:40:01) willows_weep: yup
(21:40:09) willows_weep: I saw std on and pmd
(21:40:13) willows_weep: but no response yet
(21:40:31) willows_weep: hasnt opened it yet actually
(21:59:15) willows_weep: heya, STD says STD doesnt care about who we nix, that MMCL is likely an easy lynch, nothing else
(22:02:15) ralphmerridew: okay
(22:02:18) ralphmerridew: night
(05:06:32) willows_weep logged out.
Mason Summaries:

Posted: Save The Dragons (11/5), the silent speaker (11/7), Talitha (11/5), Fuldu (11/4), Mgm (11/5), FD (11/7), willows_weep (11/6), Silgado106 (11/6), NanookTheWolf (11/6), PeaceBringer (11/6), lulu muumuu (11/5), MMCL (10/30, away until 11/3), Wacky (11/1), Fishbulb (11/6), ralphmerridew (11/6)

Town Choices:

Mafia (Nanook, ralphmerridew, willows_weep, Save The Dragons): Send Nanook to kill Fuldu (11/1)
Insane Cop (KingEnigma): Investigate Fishbulb (10/25)
Paranoid Cop (MMCL): (No choice)
Outsider (Wacky): Outvestigate Mgm (10/25)
Vigilante (lulu muumuu): (No choice)
Blocker (PeaceBringer): Block Nanook

Results: No one dies. KE gets the result "Mafia". Wacky gets the result "Mason".

Notes: Don't send yourself to kill.

Town Day 2, Village Night 2:

Werewolf Discussion:

Mason Discussion:

Posted: Fuldu (11/22), Mgm (11/22), Wacky (11/22), KingEnigma (11/21), ralphmerridew (11/21), MMCL (11/22), willows_weep (11/22), Flying Dutchman (11/22), Silgado106 (11/22), NanookTheWolf (11/22), PeaceBringer (11/21), Save The Dragons (11/22), lulu muumuu (11/21)

Village Choices:

Werewolves (Fishbulb, PeaceBringer, Flying Dutchman, lulu muumuu): Send PeaceBringer to kill willows_weep
Sane Seer (Nanook): (No choice)
Naive Seer (willows_weep): Investigate PeaceBringer
Healer (MMCL): Protect STD
Vigilante (Save The Dragons): (No choice)

Results: w_w dies, and gets the result "Not a werewolf"

Notes: The scum get a nice easy lynch today, unless PB speaks up, in which case they get a nice easy lynch tomorrow. Just for extra funness, MMCL's first few posts about not knowing why he didn't get a result are lies; I told him I didn't get a choice, and he said he knows. PeaceBringer mentioned cop vibes on willows; he's right, but w_w's the wrong cop to kill.
Village Day 2, Town Night 3:

Mafia Summaries:

Mason Summaries:

Town Choices:

Mafia (Nanook, ralphmerridew, willows_weep, Save The Dragons): send ralphmerridew to kill Silgado106
Insane Cop (KingEnigma): Investigate PeaceBringer
Outsider (Wacky): Outvestigate PeaceBringer (Changed from KingEnigma)
Vigilante (Coron): (No choice)
Blocker (PeaceBringer): (No choice)

Results: Silgado dies. KE gets Mafia, Wacky gets Roleblocker.

Notes: Lulu/Coron killing willows right now would be double good for her. MMCL's STD, Nanook, FD, Wacky, Willows hits three mafia and a wolf; looks like the scum were going a little bit too hard on the easy wagons. The players are finally starting to get into the Dichoto spirit. Hopefully, it'll get better as the game progresses. (Hopefully, the posting will too)

Town Day 3/Village Night 3:

Werewolf Discussion:

Mason Discussion:
ralphmerridew wrote:(15:58:00) ralphmerridew: j0
(15:58:14) Tallyvision: hey :) successful day in the village
(15:58:18) ralphmerridew: yep
(15:58:39) ralphmerridew: I recall you were suspicious of Nanook in the town; who else?
(15:59:02) Tallyvision: epp, it's been so long
(15:59:07) Tallyvision: lulu & fuldu I think
(15:59:15) ralphmerridew: lulu==coron, now.
(15:59:19) Tallyvision: right
(16:00:30) ralphmerridew: Well, there's no hurry yet.
(16:00:46) Tallyvision: but i'll be watching the day and i can message you with any comments as i think of them, which is cool
(16:00:50) Tallyvision: yeah, exactly
(16:00:58) ralphmerridew: I'll be waiting.
(16:01:02) Tallyvision: :)
(16:01:23) Tallyvision: heh, i still dont know for sure that you're not scum
(16:01:37) Tallyvision: but you do seem pretty innocent
(16:02:26) ralphmerridew: Is there anything I could do to convince you for sure, besides get killed?
(16:03:06) ralphmerridew: Unfortunately, sure is a luxury not available in mafia.
(16:03:11) Tallyvision: hmm.. well the way you are asking me what I think, etc, makes me belive you are town. what's your role?
(16:03:20) ralphmerridew: Townie.
(16:04:36) Tallyvision: I believe you.
(16:04:44) ralphmerridew: Thanks.
(16:05:14) ralphmerridew: Let me know if you get any other suspicions.
(16:05:27) Tallyvision: will do
(16:05:45) Tallyvision: I'm pretty firm on nanook
(16:06:35) ralphmerridew: I recall that there was no kill the night he was blocked; was there another reason?
(16:07:27) Tallyvision: he was on both lynches (me & mmcl) - and i got scum vibes right from early on
(16:08:04) ralphmerridew: He seems to believe he'll be lynched today.
(16:08:14) Tallyvision: yep
(16:08:43) Tallyvision: thats another reason.. i think town would try and clear their name at this point
(16:09:18) ralphmerridew: He said he had an ability; first we see what he claims.
(16:10:41) Tallyvision: right
(16:11:41) Tallyvision: i think STD is definitely scum in one or other game, but not both...
(16:12:00) ralphmerridew: One or the other, but not both.
(16:12:09) ralphmerridew: Your reasoning behind that?
(16:12:15) Tallyvision: well, at least in one game anyway
(16:12:25) Tallyvision: i'm just looking at his voting behaviour
(16:12:38) ralphmerridew: It's a long thread to go over.
(16:13:00) ralphmerridew: I need to refresh my memory before this day advances too far.
(16:13:07) Tallyvision: he was EARLY on the talitha lynch & the mmcl lynch (in the town)
(16:13:31) Tallyvision: he was LATE on the Fuldu lynch, and not on Coron at all (in the village)
(16:13:38) ralphmerridew: Good points.
(16:13:41) Tallyvision: different play styles, see
(16:14:20) Tallyvision: definitely one to keep an eye on
(16:14:26) ralphmerridew: Will do.
(16:14:37) Tallyvision: Right, I'll talk to you later :)
(17:01:55) Tallyvision logged out.
Posted:

Village Choices:

Werewolves (Fishbulb, PeaceBringer, Mastermind of Sin): Sent MoS to kill Wacky
Sane Seer (Nanook): (no choice)
Healer (MMCL): (no choice)
Vigilante (Save The Dragons): (no choice)

Results: Wacky dies.

Notes: Bad night for choices, but good day for the town.

Village Day 3, Town Night 4:

Mafia Summaries:

Mason Summaries:

Town Choices:

Mafia (ralphmerridew, willows_weep, Save The Dragons): Send ralphmerridew to kill Wacky
Insane Cop (KingEnigma):
Outsider (Wacky): Outvestigate Save The Dragons (Changed from ralphmerridew)
Vigilante (Coron):
Blocker (PeaceBringer):

Results: Wacky dies and gets a mafia result

Notes: Things are starting to look better for the town/village, although the death of the only cop that was sending choices kind of hurts. On the other hand, the last-minute mason flailing to get Fishbulb lynched was a little unsubtle. OTOOH, the Village masons are being quite powerful, so maybe their revelation will hurt the village a little.

Town Day 4/Village Night 4:

Werewolf Discussion:

Mason Discussion:

Posted:

Village Choices:

Werewolves (PeaceBringer, Mastermind of Sin): Send PeaceBringer to kill Talitha
Sane Seer (Nanook): Investigate Save The Dragons
Healer (SpeedyKQ): Protect ralphmerridew
Vigilante (Save The Dragons): Killz0r SpeedyKQ

Results: Talitha and SpeedyKQ die, Nanook gets the result "not a werewolf"

Notes: Will GOFS hold the game for both sides? They need to get through PeaceBringer's investigation, though; if Nanook investigates him, that'll do it.

Village Day 4/Town Night 5:

Mafia Discussion:

Mason Discussion:

Town Choices:

Mafia (ralphmerridew, willows_weep): Send ralphmerridew to kill PeaceBringer
Insane Cop (Uraj45): (no choice received) (Sent the choice to investigate MoS after the final vote)
Vigilante (Coron): Kill Mgm
Blocker (PeaceBringer): Block Fuldu

Results: Mgm and MoS die.

Notes: Argh, rationalizing about balance. At least they're coming to the wrong conclusions. The (Wrong) double mason death is a cute coincidence and a bad use of a one-shot vig; a scum might be able to ride it to the win by claiming mason, if they kill off Mgm in the Village. Think this game'll make a year? If I suck as much with prods/deadlines/replacements, probably.

Town Day 5/Village Night 5:

Mason Discussion:

Posted:

Village Choices:

Werewolves (PeaceBringer): Kill Nanook (With a note that things aren't looking good.
Sane Seer (Nanook): Investigate Mgm
Vigilante (Save The Dragons): Kill halfpint

Results: Nanook and halfpint die

Notes: The mod error, I believe, was when Coron changed his choice but I recorded it as the mafia changing their choice.

Village Day 5/Town Night 6:

Town Choices:

Mafia (ralphmerridew,Talitha II): Send rm to kill Coron
Insane Cop (Uraj45): Investigate ralphmerridew

Results: Coron dies, Uraj gets the result not mafia.

Notes: So much for PB, if STD follows through with the village plan.

Town Day 6/Village Night 6:

Mason Discussion:

Posted:

Village Choices:

Werewolves (PeaceBringer): Kill STD
hell-- I am dead-- wasn't much I could do. KIll STD if at all possible.
Surprised I lasted as long as did and my partners were zero help here.
UNtil MOS and when he was done for nothing I could do.

Sigh.
Vigilante (Save The Dragons): Kil Peacebringer
PB = scum scum scum die die die shoot shoot shoot I shoot him.
Results:

Notes: It'd be fun if both games were to end simultaneously, but it doesn't look likely. Endgame deathscenes deserve real writeups, so I should start on the Village's as soon as I figure out who PB is killing. Hadn't considered that an Outsider's presence almost proves the existence of another cop, but they really shouldn't assume stuff like that, still.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”